Author Topic: Looking for info about the Belters  (Read 978 times)

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
Looking for info about the Belters
« on: 17 October 2017, 08:25:26 »
Hey folks, i'm trying to find books with info about the Belters and their society.  I recall seeing a story where a Terran visited a Belter colony and was shown around, there was much discussion about their medical tech etc.  And there was also in another book some information about the company/governmental entities that help run the belt and its society, and I'm just trying to find what books these are in. As well as any other info about the Belt society that might be out there.
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Minchandre

• Corporal
Re: Looking for info about the Belters
« Reply #1 on: 17 October 2017, 11:40:20 »
The book you're thinking about is Interstellar Players 2: Jihad Conspiracies, which includes a 9 page discussion of the Belt, though in classic Interstellar Players unreliable/conspiracy fashion.

Terra (and the Belt) are vaguely touched on in a few other books, in particular JHS: Terra, but they're fairly ignored, for the most part.  Terra was always sort of "outside" the standard BattleTech universe; and especially the Belt, which (as much as we can see it) feels like a different scifi subgenre altogether (especially since settling asteroid belts seems to have become passe with the invention of the K-F drive).

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
Re: Looking for info about the Belters
« Reply #2 on: 17 October 2017, 13:06:43 »
There are asteroid settlements in a variety of settings. 

The Rock system has lots of inhabited asteroids (domed mining colonies), in addition to the huge one that gives the system its name.  (Rules of Salvage)

There are several hollowed-out giant asteroids (relics of the Department of Mega Engineering?) that host cities on their interior, Dyson Sphere-style.  (Heir to the Dragon, Blood of Kerensky)

Viborg hosts an active asteroid mining operation.  (Pirates of Penance)

The Al Na'ir system has an Atlas assembly plant in its asteroid belt.  (Objective Raids)

The "pressurized train" section of the Vehicle Annex suggests that settlement of airless moons and large asteroids is commonplace throughout the Successor States.
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.