Author Topic: Need a medium aerospace fighter.  (Read 3000 times)

kashim12

• Sergeant
Need a medium aerospace fighter.
« on: 18 October 2017, 16:55:43 »
Hey Gang, I need a cannon medium aerospace fighter.  I need something that is has actual aerodynamics & is not produce by anyone or anyone that has its license in 2025.

Iron Grenadier

• Warrant Officer
Re: Need a medium aerospace fighter.
« Reply #1 on: 18 October 2017, 23:41:28 »

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #2 on: 18 October 2017, 23:51:52 »
Hey Gang, I need a cannon medium aerospace fighter.  I need something that is has actual aerodynamics & is not produce by anyone or anyone that has its license in 2025.

A lot to unpack there.

Cannon: canonical fighter or looking for an (auto)cannon armed fighter? 
actual aerodynamics:  looking for something that looks like it'd plausibly fly as opposed to looking like it's relying on space magic/overwhelming thrust to remain airborne in the atmosphere?
not produced by anyone in 2025:  I presume you mean 3025.  But even with that presumption, are you looking for something that's produced before 3025 and has gone out of production by that year, or looking for something with newer technology that's been put into production in an era after 3025?

kashim12

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 19 October 2017, 06:07:56 »
A lot to unpack there.

Cannon: canonical fighter or looking for an (auto)cannon armed fighter? 
actual aerodynamics:  looking for something that looks like it'd plausibly fly as opposed to looking like it's relying on space magic/overwhelming thrust to remain airborne in the atmosphere?
not produced by anyone in 2025:  I presume you mean 3025.  But even with that presumption, are you looking for something that's produced before 3025 and has gone out of production by that year, or looking for something with newer technology that's been put into production in an era after 3025?

A canonical fighter with actual aerodynamics not produced in 3025 that is not produce by anyone and has gone out of production by that year.
« Last Edit: 19 October 2017, 06:12:09 by kashim12 »

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 19 October 2017, 08:34:49 »
A canonical fighter with actual aerodynamics not produced in 3025 that is not produce by anyone and has gone out of production by that year.

Star Dagger.

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 19 October 2017, 20:52:00 »
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Chaeronea

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 20 October 2017, 07:07:00 »
Dragonfly
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Dragonfly_(Aerospace_Fighter_class)

Built by the Canopians during the Reunification War, the sole factory constructing it was destroyed by the Star League in the conquest of Canopus IV at the end of the War.

The aerodynamics look fairly decent, although with the cockpit recessed into the fuselage the view to the rear is probably pretty horrendous, much the the hawker Hurricane of World War 2
« Last Edit: 21 October 2017, 12:51:35 by Chaeronea »

kashim12

• Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: 20 October 2017, 18:45:14 »
Hmmmm... that's odd the page for the Dragonfly has nothing.

edit: apparently your link is incomplete or something.
« Last Edit: 20 October 2017, 18:52:47 by kashim12 »

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #8 on: 20 October 2017, 19:07:22 »
The close parenthesis was dropped from the link.  Just click on his link, add a ")", and go to that.

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #9 on: 21 October 2017, 10:04:23 »
Dragonfly
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Dragonfly_(Aerospace_Fighter_class)

Built by the Canopians during the Reunification War, the sole factory constructing it was destroyed by the Star League in the conquest of Canopus IV at the end of the War.

The aerodynamics look fairly decent, although with the cockpit recessed into the fuselage the view to the rear is probably pretty horrendous, much the the hawker Hurricane of World War 2
Considering this is BT, I wouldn't be surprised if they used cameras in the rear for a rearview monitor. A new take on the old mirror attached to the top of the canopy.
Clan Blood Spirit - So Bad Ass as to require Orbital Bombardments to wipe us out....it is the only way to be sure!

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #10 on: 21 October 2017, 10:12:52 »
I'm pretty sure it's mentioned in lore that ASF pilots have the same 360 degree field of view presented to them in their helmet viewscreen that Mechwarriors get.  Canopies or viewports of any kind are superfluous on ASFs.. surely they exist for the same reasons they do for mechs:  Rule of Cool, and allowing the possibility of falling back to eyeballs should something technical break.  But it's probably moreso the former.

BradGB

• Corporal
« Reply #11 on: 21 October 2017, 15:11:08 »
look for the 3 medium Star League ASF
Gotha, Hellcat II and Ironsides
there are downgraded variants of them without SL-equipment

Register