Author Topic: Communication Equipment ?  (Read 3096 times)

Black_Knyght

• Captain
  • Nisi mors certum est in bello
Communication Equipment ?
« on: 13 November 2017, 01:12:26 »
Trying to understand something about communications equipment and how to utilize it. I know that battlemechs automatically have a basic amount of communication equipment as part of their cockpit & control systems equivalent to 1 ton.

Knowing that, in order to gain the +2 initiative bonus of 7 tons of  communications equipment do I have to add 6 tons of  communications equipment PLUS the  cockpit & control systems equivalent of 1 ton, or does it have to be a separate 7 tons of  communications equipment?

pensiveswetness

• Lieutenant
  • Delete this account, please?
Re: Communication Equipment ?
« Reply #1 on: 13 November 2017, 01:30:01 »
The info you need for using anything with a Communications Suite is in Tactical Operations. It does several different functions (depending on the tonnage) too lengthy to explain...

Natasha Kerensky

• Major
  • Queen of Spades, First Lady of Death, Black Widow
« Reply #2 on: 13 November 2017, 10:34:55 »

Just 6 tons to get the +2 initiative modifier.
"Ah, yes.  The belle dame sans merci.  The sweet young thing who will blast your nuts off.  The kitten with a whip.  That mystique?"
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."
"Variety is the spice of battle."
"I've fought in... what... a hundred battles, a thousand battles?  It could be a million as far as I know.  I've fought for anybody who offered a decent contract and a couple who didn't.  And the universe is not much different after all that.  I could go on fighting for another hundred years and it would still look the same."
"I'm in mourning for my life."
"Those who break faith with the Unity shall go down into darkness."

Black_Knyght

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 13 November 2017, 11:05:53 »
Thanx, that's exactly what I needed to know

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #4 on: 13 November 2017, 19:46:53 »
Similarly, just 3 extra tons to be able to link to satellites for fun and profit...

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #5 on: 14 November 2017, 06:57:40 »
Similarly, just 3 extra tons to be able to link to satellites for fun and profit...
If only orbital satellites armed with SubCapital lasers was a thing.

<<<hacking>>>[[I'm in, where these local guys at? Oh, there they are. Warming up the SC/1s, be ready..it's going be raining light in minutes]]<<<Hacking>>>
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Black_Knyght

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: 14 November 2017, 14:15:19 »
Nice !!!

grimlock1

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: 14 November 2017, 18:53:59 »

<<<hacking>>>[[I'm in, where these local guys at? Oh, there they are. Warming up the SC/1s, be ready..it's going be raining light in minutes]]<<<Hacking>>>
Eh.  Satellite, old CASPAR with the drive shot off.  6 of one, half dozen of the other.
I'm rarely right... Except when I am.  ---  Idle question.  What is the BV2 of dread?
Apollo's Law- if it needs Clan tech to make it useable, It doesn't deserve those resources in the first place.
Sure it isn't the most practical 'mech ever designed, but it's a hundred ton axe-murderer. If loving that is wrong I don't wanna be right.

mbear

• Stood Far Back When The Gravitas Was Handed Out
  • Major
    • Tower of Jade
« Reply #8 on: 30 November 2017, 09:00:57 »

A lightweight version of the BattleSats used by the DCA? Sweet!
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #9 on: 30 November 2017, 17:09:06 »

I believe that it's actually possible to build such a satellite with the latest rules changes.

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #10 on: 30 November 2017, 17:13:58 »
I believe that it's actually possible to build such a satellite with the latest rules changes.
Please tell us more...
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #11 on: 30 November 2017, 17:22:45 »
Weight increase to a max of 300 tons makes it do-able.