Author Topic: MWO - Fafnir Announced  (Read 5736 times)

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
MWO - Fafnir Announced
« on: 05 January 2018, 16:50:06 »
https://mwomercs.com/fafnir

all have  max engine 325

Standard/Collector Packs
FNR-5- 1 energy head, 1 energy left arm, 2 ballistic 1 AMS left torso, ECM center torso, 2 ballistic right torso, 1 energy right arm
FNR-B - 1 energy H, 2 energy LT, ecm CT, 1 ballistic RT, 2 energy RA
FNR-6U - 1 AMS H, 2 ballistic LA, 2 energy LT, 2 energy RT, 2 ballistic RA

Reinforcement Pack
FNR-5E - ballistic missile boat - LRM-10 and LRM-5 in each arm, Ultra AC/20 in each torso. 2 missiles per arm, 2 ballistic per torso. Standard engine and armor, built on Endo. four tons UAC, one ton LRM.
FNR-6R - Mixed build - Snub-nose PPC and Streak SRM-2 in each arm, supported by LB 5-X and another Snub-nose in each torso. Hard points match those weapons. Standard engine armor, again built on Endo, 15 double heat sinks, two tons LBX ammo, one ton Streak.

Hero Pack
FNR-WR "Wraith" - It's Peter's Jihad custom with some reworking for the lack of compact gyro and c3 - Medium pulse in the head, medium pulse and rocket launcher 15 in each arm, 2 ER Large Lasers and 2 rocket launcher 15s in left torso, ECM CT, Heavy Gauss right torso. Hardpoints match that. Ferro armor, 13 double heat sinks, five tons of heavy gauss ammo.
« Last Edit: 05 January 2018, 17:05:01 by Cyc »

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Re: MWO - Fafnir Announced
« Reply #1 on: 05 January 2018, 16:53:57 »
:o Fafnir is beautiful.
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
« Reply #2 on: 05 January 2018, 16:55:48 »
Awww... I was hoping it looked more like the TT miniature. At least in the canopy region... The rest of it does look impressive, though. 

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #3 on: 05 January 2018, 17:57:55 »
Boom.

But does MWO really need another ballistic focused 100 tonner, given the relatively new Annihilator?
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Burning Chrome

• Lieutenant
  • One of the Vocal Minority
« Reply #4 on: 05 January 2018, 18:25:32 »
Another disappointment...

Now waiting for February's announcement.
"Matchup of the century: desire to play vs. resentment"

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #5 on: 05 January 2018, 18:44:09 »
Awww... I was hoping it looked more like the TT miniature. At least in the canopy region... The rest of it does look impressive, though.

Yeah, surprisingly not as pretty as the original art.
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #6 on: 05 January 2018, 19:45:06 »
The art original, similar to MW4's art but...i find it fuggly in comparison to the original.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

BATTLEMASTER

• Captain
  • Hot and Unbothered
« Reply #7 on: 06 January 2018, 06:57:02 »
MWO's Fafnir blends the TRO and MW4 renditions.  The cockpit being level with the main guns caters to player preference that they can more easily shoot what they can see, instead of seeing a target and seeing their weapons hit the ground in front of them.
BATTLEMASTER
Trombone Player, Lego Enthusiast, Engineer
Clan Smoke Jaguar, Delta Galaxy ("The Cloud Rangers"), 4th Jaguar Dragoons
"You better stand back, I'm not sure how loud this thing can get!"
If you like Lego, you'll like my Lego battlemech projects!

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #8 on: 06 January 2018, 08:06:19 »
I hope their able to keep the problems the old Awesome had because angle and size making it easy to hit a non-issue.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #9 on: 06 January 2018, 11:26:02 »
I think I can see the triangular heavy gauss embedded deep into the larger bores in the pic of the special. Think the in-game model will keep them that deep? How about the other variants' torso weapons.

MWO's Fafnir blends the TRO and MW4 renditions.
It only takes the arm shields from the TRO version that I can see.  Not sure I'd call that blending. ;)

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #10 on: 01 March 2018, 21:06:47 »
Production Update at NGNG today with Russ showed off the current status of the model

Orin J.

• Captain
  • I am to feared! Aw, come on guys...
« Reply #11 on: 06 March 2018, 00:48:56 »
Johnny 5 is a torso!

i wonder how those big gun shrouds will look filled with machineguns.....
The Grey Death Legion? Dead? Gotcha, wake me when it's back.....
--------------------------
Every once in a while things make sense.

Don't let these moments alarm you. They pass.

Caedis Animus

• Captain
  • How can a bird be sultry? Very carefully.
« Reply #12 on: 12 March 2018, 00:27:52 »
Johnny 5 is a torso!

i wonder how those big gun shrouds will look filled with machineguns.....
Like a complete waste. Please don't defile the Pride of Steiner with such things.

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #13 on: 02 April 2018, 20:18:11 »
Ever closer

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #14 on: 16 April 2018, 05:42:47 »

dragonkid11

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #15 on: 17 April 2018, 01:47:56 »
It's so fat.
On behalf of the Berserker,
Sure it isn't the most practical 'mech ever designed, but it's a hundred ton axe-murderer. If loving that is wrong I don't wanna be right.

Salvage Dog AU SI Fanfic Thread
Salvage Dog AU Tech Compilation Thread
Salvage Dog AU Battlemech Thread

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #16 on: 18 April 2018, 19:16:02 »
The event today is for Fafnir only owners.  I'm seeing walking walls of Fafnirs, mostly same models.
They may have to put some changes, since two heavy gauss rifles is pretty brutal to other machines on the field.

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #17 on: 18 April 2018, 19:22:38 »
Can't take them to Solaris, my Fafnirs get eaten alive there, and QP is so slow to find matches as everybody is in Solaris...

Also PGI had an innovative way of combating the feared massive side-torsos - they've stuck the CT so far out that it soaks all the damage. Every death has been CT before side-torsos :/

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #18 on: 18 April 2018, 19:27:41 »
I'm happy with all the Fafnirs. It makes it easy for me to farm points off LRM damage.
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

packhntr

• Lieutenant
« Reply #19 on: 23 April 2018, 10:34:56 »
I'm happy with all the Fafnirs. It makes it easy for me to farm points off LRM damage.

I've been popping them with LRMs at range!  It is fun!
If at first you don't succeed, make it worth the repairman's time!

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #20 on: 25 April 2018, 04:10:58 »
The new LRM buff makes it even more vital to stick to cover/AMS/ECM if your on one of the non-ECM Fafs.

And when the rain of lrms cease for a second, dual heavy gauss lights and assault backs makes me smile.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #21 on: 25 April 2018, 10:05:37 »
Cyc, do you think that the Fafnir's AMS/ECM variant is the best of the bunch due to overall design's profile issues.  LRM rain pretty nasty I've found in my newbish times of getting used to learning out to play.   I was toying buying my first mech, been elevating to the Fafnir due to my like of Heavy Gs and the design itself.   I won't want buy one getting schooled everytime i go out by LRM rain.  The big profile thing can't be really avoided i think.

packhntr

• Lieutenant
« Reply #22 on: 25 April 2018, 16:12:45 »
If I may, when a big guy like that comes onto the battlefield, he becomes a priority target.  He is slow, big and has big big guns.  He has to go down.  Period.  Same goes for the likes of Dashi, Kodiak, Atlas, etc....  Just something to consider.
If at first you don't succeed, make it worth the repairman's time!

Register