Author Topic: Kit-bashing for a Periphery Pirate group.  (Read 1811 times)

Hythos

• The Embiggened Man
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
Kit-bashing for a Periphery Pirate group.
« on: 16 February 2018, 17:20:16 »
I'll be running a short campaign for a Periphery Pirate group of 3072.

They'll have some odd-ball salvage units, but here's how I'm think'n to emulate what doesn't have an actual mini... (Thoughts, suggestions, and/or recommendations are welcome!)

Pathfinder   PFF-2:  Practically as-is Panther, reduce RA PPC, fill CT SRM holes. 20-853 or Striker Lance Pack

Jabberwocky   JAW-6:  Start with a Hellhound 20-345, remove LA weapons, remove and replace lower RA with Morphius 20-325 right arm (from sprue), or Mantis 20-429 RA;IF I could find Ton Bo parts kit, those would be great for the shoulder-hoists.   --- Looking for suggestions on tracks-bits.

Vampyr   SC-V-1:  Base off of a Great Turtle 20-405 and remove weapons. "Tentacles" will need some insight / inspiration.  Else, I could dig into some DA bits.

Heavy Lifter   HCL-1:  Closest thing I could find would be a bash between a Scorpion 20-216 (remove PPC and SRM-6) and an Oppie BT-367 by using the bay-bucket on the back, or use Plastic-Card...

Agent 722
Salt Lake City / Utah
Have 'Mech, will travel.

Saint

• Captain
  • Keeper of the Reaper
Re: Kit-bashing for a Periphery Pirate group.
« Reply #1 on: 16 February 2018, 19:01:57 »
For the Jabberwoky take a look at the Crimson  hawk. It may be a better bases for the body, or its backpack may be helpful.
"Our eyes lie on Glory, Honor, Strength. Burned worlds will declare our name as cause."

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 16 February 2018, 19:16:22 »
Pathfinder would be a Commando to me.   Maybe remove the head and replace with a wolfhound, hellion or solitaire and putty over the chest.

jbressel

• Warrant Officer
  • Sic Vis Pacem Parabellum
« Reply #3 on: 19 February 2018, 03:10:57 »
I did a kit that could be used as a Uni.....

Saint

• Captain
  • Keeper of the Reaper
« Reply #4 on: 19 February 2018, 10:28:28 »
That is cool!
"Our eyes lie on Glory, Honor, Strength. Burned worlds will declare our name as cause."

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #5 on: 19 February 2018, 11:48:56 »

Heavy Lifter   HCL-1:  Closest thing I could find would be a bash between a Scorpion 20-216 (remove PPC and SRM-6) and an Oppie BT-367 by using the bay-bucket on the back, or use Plastic-Card...

I'd go with the Savior Repair vehicle myself. Bed looks more what your after instead of the Oppie

http://ironwindmetals.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=9108

vs

AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

Ronin Actual

• Warrant Officer
  • Bad Day?
« Reply #6 on: 19 February 2018, 16:57:59 »
jbressel that is really cool, how did you make that guy?

jbressel

• Warrant Officer
  • Sic Vis Pacem Parabellum
« Reply #7 on: 19 February 2018, 19:07:43 »
3d designed and printed most of the parts, with some plasticard and green stuff. I'm opening a web store on Facebook, where it will be available, don't worry. Lol.

Register