Author Topic: Battletech - Who did what?  (Read 3428 times)

Domi1981

• Warrant Officer
Battletech - Who did what?
« on: 03 September 2017, 15:02:37 »
Hi,

is there any way, maybe a time table or sheet, to see what Battletech product was created during which line Developer period? I would like to know what was done under Ben Rome and Herb Beas and what was developed under Jordan Weisman etc.

Also maybe could tell me via PM why Herb Beas left CGL.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
Re: Battletech - Who did what?
« Reply #1 on: 03 September 2017, 15:09:28 »
The best you can probably do right now is
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/List_of_BattleTech_products

Go through each product and see who the LD was

Sounds like a list I'd make but I never had a reason to

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Domi1981

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #2 on: 03 September 2017, 16:01:10 »
The best you can probably do right now is
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/List_of_BattleTech_products

Go through each product and see who the LD was

Sounds like a list I'd make but I never had a reason to

So far that´s maybe the best one can ask for and in most cases answers my question. Thank you! [blank]

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #3 on: 03 September 2017, 21:07:30 »

Oh, I would LOVE to see the replies you get to that one!

- Herb

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #4 on: 03 September 2017, 21:14:20 »
Herb.

Out of the kindness of your heart could you forebear? Pleeeeeese? You know it's us shmucks who have to clean up the mess later.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #5 on: 03 September 2017, 21:20:15 »
No worries. I said all I will here.

- Herb

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #6 on: 03 September 2017, 22:36:18 »

- Herb

Just like the puppetmaster of WoB, though I to wish of it...

But anyway, there are much more pressing items on the docket that we should shout bring out the lighters and salad forks. We march forth to battle! Or some silly thing like that :P

Revanche

• Warrant Officer
  • Fanah’s Fangs (formerly of the Talitha Division)
« Reply #7 on: 04 September 2017, 07:39:19 »

That was revealed long ago, in A Guide to Covert Ops. Throughout the book are in-character sidebars (such as the message from Caradoc Trevena; ignore the ones that are not in-character). If you start with the one on p. 8, take the 47th letter within each paragraph and write them out on a piece of paper, but only the ones on even-numbered pages. Then do the odd-numbered pages, but with the 74th letter, counting back from the end of each paragraph. Add those to the end of the even-numbered letters. Forewarned: you'll have to figure out the spaces and punctuation yourself, but that's the easy part. And if you start to see a thread develop early about a feller named Chuck Manson, understand that the Marilyn mentioned is neither his wife nor sister.

Have fun.

Domi1981

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #8 on: 04 September 2017, 08:25:07 »

- Herb

Maybe you could give me an answer? So far you stepping down and the criptic notions about this just add to sad incidents that seem to stick with the BT IP. Its just sad. Your time with CGL caused some of the best products during the last few decades. And then you step down and the fans are left with are some bitter innuendos. :/

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #9 on: 04 September 2017, 09:15:58 »
Maybe you could give me an answer? So far you stepping down and the criptic notions about this just add to sad incidents that seem to stick with the BT IP. Its just sad. Your time with CGL caused some of the best products during the last few decades. And then you step down and the fans are left with are some bitter innuendos. :/

In case it wasn't clear Domi, no. That is a mod directive.

Reason: Yes there are a lot of problems and politics and a lot of hurt people. If we were capable of discussing things calmly instead of feeding these subjects directly to the internet outrage shredder, I'd be happy find it acceptable to allow discussion. But internetters just can't keep their tempers down.

You asked earlier for PM clarification. I'm not going to stop you as we generally don't moderate PMs (harassment and such is another issue). To me it's off the forums for the most part. Now you're taking assurance from Herb and making an end run to discuss this publicly.

Not gonna happen.

You want to discuss gosssip like this, you do not do it here. Take it someplace else.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Domi1981

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #10 on: 04 September 2017, 11:06:40 »
In case it wasn't clear Domi, no. That is a mod directive.

Reason: Yes there are a lot of problems and politics and a lot of hurt people. If we were capable of discussing things calmly instead of feeding these subjects directly to the internet outrage shredder, I'd be happy find it acceptable to allow discussion. But internetters just can't keep their tempers down.

You asked earlier for PM clarification. I'm not going to stop you as we generally don't moderate PMs (harassment and such is another issue). To me it's off the forums for the most part. Now you're taking assurance from Herb and making an end run to discuss this publicly.

Not gonna happen.

You want to discuss gosssip like this, you do not do it here. Take it someplace else.

Well I would like to have some formal information on the case and have no need for gossip since this leads to nothing. But I can accept if your fear of the "internet outrage shredder". Seems like this has happened before otherwise you wouldn´t mind. I hoped this could clear some of the muddy waters.

abou

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: 04 September 2017, 12:49:33 »
Honestly, Domi, I think it is a matter of professional principle. There are some things you just don't do when you leave a company or something happens. Maybe you say it to friends, but not in a public forum.

Whatever happened, Herb and Rome still have a special place in their heart for the game. There is a lot they may feel bitter about, but it is private and their concern. I also would love to know. Hell, I would love to know what happened in an incident that was two blocks over from my house, but there is a certain level of privacy that needs to be maintained and courtesy to the company.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #12 on: 04 September 2017, 13:29:16 »
Thank you abou, that is correct.

Unfortunately it also extends discussion of the matter itself. And I can't see this going anywhere but awkwardly at best. So I'm going to go ahead and call the discussion done. Locking the thread.