Author Topic: Desperately seeking help.  (Read 1667 times)

DoctorX

• Corporal
Desperately seeking help.
« on: 31 July 2012, 06:14:15 »
I've been taking a look 'round the fan designs and have noticed something. Several people have been including in their posts something that (to me at least) looks suspiciously like output from the Heavy Metal series of programs. As an example I direct your attention to Cowdragon's post "Cowdragon's Farmtech Impliments: With Lasers" found in the Combat Vehicle Childboard. In his first post below
here we go!
is a block of information with Code before it.

I am wondering if someone can tell me how he (and others) did that. It seems far more efficient  and easier than typing (and looks more aesthetically pleasing). Please be advised that I am so new to the forums that this is my 13 post and I am not the most intelligent person on the planet so will probably require a lot of help to get this correct.

Thanks in advance. :)

"Proper Previous Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance"

Richard Marcinko, CDR. US Navy (Ret)

Feign

• Warrant Officer
Re: Desperately seeking help.
« Reply #1 on: 31 July 2012, 10:32:20 »
What you need to do is place the Code tags around the text block that your design program generated, either with tags:
[code]Text Block that you want in the code box[/code]

Or by highlighting the text block and hitting the Code button: just above the smileys.

Hope this helps. ;D
All that is born dies,
All that is planned fails,
All that is built crumbles,
But memories continue on,
And that is beautiful.

DoctorX

• Corporal
« Reply #2 on: 31 July 2012, 15:10:36 »
Thank you for your help Feign. I have solved that problem.

DoctorX

• Corporal
« Reply #3 on: 31 July 2012, 15:12:14 »
To any administrators, you may delete this post at your leisure. I no longer require assisstance, Thank you to those who provided help.

Cowdragon

• Captain
  • PM me for Ft. Collins CO battletech games
« Reply #4 on: 12 August 2012, 12:33:43 »
I've been taking a look 'round the fan designs and have noticed something. Several people have been including in their posts something that (to me at least) looks suspiciously like output from the Heavy Metal series of programs. As an example I direct your attention to Cowdragon's post "Cowdragon's Farmtech Impliments: With Lasers" found in the Combat Vehicle Childboard. In his first post below  is a block of information with Code before it.

I am wondering if someone can tell me how he (and others) did that. It seems far more efficient  and easier than typing (and looks more aesthetically pleasing). Please be advised that I am so new to the forums that this is my 13 post and I am not the most intelligent person on the planet so will probably require a lot of help to get this correct.

Thanks in advance. :)

HEY! That's me! It is output code. That particular one was from SAW the Skunkwerks for vehicles. I also have HeavyMetal for everything. :)

On wings of steel, Come I, Pillars of flame
Mark me, Fury bright as suns, Foes fear
The star back road, I hunt, Blood geld payment
Shan't be, The ravens throne, Blod Orn
- vidar (thank you vidar!!!)
Pie or Spehs and Tanks also BA

Register