Author Topic: Valkerie's Mini Corner  (Read 8365 times)

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
Valkerie's Mini Corner
« on: 22 May 2017, 20:54:40 »
For sake of ease, I will follow what others have done and make a thread my my painting projects.  Thanks again everyone and I will be making plans to head for the LA con over Labor Day Weekend  ;D .

So here we have an archived Atlas (thanks again to an IWM photo for inspiration), a Hatchetman, a Hussar, and a phoenix Thunderbolt.  The Thunderbolt was painted to match my old unseen Thunderbolt that vanished in a move (along with all my others, about a dozen or so) during the college years  :'( .  Enjoy!
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
Re: Valkerie's Mini Corner
« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2017, 08:26:12 »
Good morning all.  A few pics of the remaining mechs from my 3145 lance.  The Hitosume Kozo and the Hatamoto-Suna.  Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone.
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #2 on: 23 May 2017, 20:16:49 »
It has been a fun day of working on minis.  Finished up several, including these.  Supernova, Deimos, and Mad Cat Mk. II enhanced.  That completes the star begun with the Rifleman and the Supernova.  More pics to come  :)

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #3 on: 23 May 2017, 21:51:47 »
Last ones for today.  Catapult, Grand Titan 'Vengeance' painted to match my Zeus, a pink Mjolnir I did for my wife (she wanted a pink mech and she loves Thor), and a primitive Shadow Hawk I built to be used as a stand in for an unseen version.  Thus the LRM mounted on the right torso.  Not needed so much now with the new classic came out, but it will still do its job.  Have a good evening everyone.  [cheers] 

TheMaster1955

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 27 May 2017, 06:32:47 »
well done  O0
Life: Some assembly required!

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #5 on: 27 May 2017, 07:54:28 »
looks great
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

SpudBot

• Corporal
« Reply #6 on: 27 May 2017, 11:04:47 »
Definitely stealing the Shadow Hawk mod (simple enough that I can do)  :-[!

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #7 on: 27 May 2017, 11:11:57 »
Definitely stealing the Shadow Hawk mod (simple enough that I can do)  :-[!

Yeah, and the LRM comes with the model so you don't need to go hunting for one.

HeavyGun

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
  • Dante's Infernals
« Reply #8 on: 27 May 2017, 17:12:07 »
Nice mechs, really like the flame work on the Atlas  O0
CDT Agent #695, Spokane Valley, Wa.

Get in, Sit down, Shut up and Hold on...oh yeah you better pray cuz your gonna need it!

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #9 on: 27 May 2017, 18:26:31 »
Nice mechs, really like the flame work on the Atlas  O0

Thanks!  And I think I have a few more photos left to post, but then that's everything I have up to this point.  Got a few more done that need pictures taken, and then it's back to painting (oh darn :) )

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #10 on: 27 May 2017, 21:02:45 »
All right.  Work is done for the day, ice cold beer next to me, and some new photos.  What more could you ask for?  :D

Here some more that I painted earlier this year.  We have an Emperor, a Grand Titan, a Thor, and a Banshee I did in another variation of FWM colors.  In retrospect, I needed a brighter red.  Lessons learned.  Enjoy and I'll put a few more after I'm done cooking dinner.  Fajitas!   [drool]

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #11 on: 27 May 2017, 23:01:28 »
Four more from the collection.  Here we have a second resculpt Atlas, resculpt Awesome, a Viking, and a beginners set Grasshopper.  All are from lances I've painted up.  I'll get pics of all of them together and get them posted.  Oh, and a quick question; is Piranha Graphics still in biz?  I emailed some questions about ordering and never heard back.  If anyone could share some info that'd be great.  I would love to start adding decals to these guys.  Thanks all!  8)

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #12 on: 27 May 2017, 23:48:46 »
Last post tonight (eyelids...drooping).  A Grasshopper to match my Commando and the rest of the lance (check the mini of the fortnight thread), the Crusader and Viking that finish the lance with my Shadow Hawks, and last, my painting corner.  It's actually the family painting corner as my wife and step-daughter use it for their projects as well.  Though somehow I cannot convince them to paint any minis... ::)

Enjoy the rest of your Memorial Day weekend everyone!   [rockon]

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #13 on: 28 May 2017, 00:36:48 »
Yeah, I posted the same mini twice and didn't notice.  Leave to the kids to point that out  [face palm]  I'm going to go hang my head in shame now...

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #14 on: 28 May 2017, 06:09:53 »
 O0

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #15 on: 28 May 2017, 21:18:50 »
Good evening all.  Two thirds of the way through the weekend.  Here are some lance photos I took after work today.  First we have the Kurita fire lance from IWM. Second up is the Liao command lance from IWM, but I went with my own scheme to paint them as mercenaries.  Third, the lance I painted to follow the colors scheme from the TRO 3145: Mercs cover art.  And last a repost of my Kurita totem mechs from 3145.  The last two our my favs.  Everything just came together right for them.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #16 on: 01 June 2017, 18:36:03 »
Howdy all!  Hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend.  For anyone attending the LA con, how was the gaming?  Exciting I hope.

Well, with a few days off finally, I managed to get a couple of more minis done and snap some photos of some previous work.  So, first we have an Axman done to match my Hatchetman, followed by a Cyclops and a Quickdraw that were my first attempts at painting mostly white (to say the least, I'm not a fan.)  Finally we have a PP Phoenix Hawk in a moutain/woodland camo attempt.  Got some more pics to share this eve so stay tuned  :) .

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #17 on: 01 June 2017, 19:28:56 »
And now for some fun stuff.  We have a small house, and until the kids sprout their wings and fly off, there is nowhere for me to set up a terrain table.  Someday I'll get my model trains back out and have them cruise the landscape, with battlemechs tromping in the background  [watch] .  Till then, I've taken over the fireplace mantle.  Not much, but it's a start.  The wife is working on painting me a little background scenery to really bring it together.

The current scene is two clan stars up against a company of inner sphere mechs circa 3055.  I do rotate it regularly to keep it fresh.  Battle on!  O0

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #18 on: 01 June 2017, 19:39:45 »
A few more from the mantle.  Oh, and I would like to send a big thank you out to B1BFlyer and the videos he's done on YouTube.  They have been a big help in my work  O0

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #19 on: 13 August 2017, 17:38:29 »
Hi again all.  Been a little while since I've put up anything new, so here you go.  First up is a Merlin I painted following Ray Arrastia's painting guide that came with my box set (there will be a whole company eventually), a Hermes II from the beginners lance pack from IWM, and two in progress photos from the company I am currently working on.  Hammerhands and a Sagitaire painted to match the Federated Suns First Armored Calvary.  Big thanks to everyone who chipped in advice for painting the white panels and trim on them.  They are coming out better than I expected.  Enjoy  :)

Hayden.

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #20 on: 13 August 2017, 20:36:16 »
Really great variety of miniatures and paint schemes!
Hayden

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #21 on: 13 August 2017, 21:14:14 »
Thank you.  I've only been back into painting for little over a year now, so I've just had fun with experimenting and messing around with different schemes.  Just now starting to work with some of the canon schemes from CamoSpecs.  What can I say, it's just plain fun  ;D

avon1985

• Major
« Reply #22 on: 16 August 2017, 05:17:48 »
Sweet!

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #23 on: 14 March 2018, 00:41:45 »
Didn't realize how long it's been since I put anything new in here.  Got the 90 day warning and everything  :P .

So this go around I add in an Owens and a primitive Wolverine from a forest camo lance I did.  They weren't fully done when I showed them in the unit of the month thread.  Now they are, basing and all.  The rock on the Owens was my first crack at making my own.  Used green stuff epoxy putty and then painted it.  Came out far better than I expected and looks like the rocks from where I grew up (which was what I was shooting for.)

The last pic is a Hammerhands I did for my Federated Suns 1st Armored Cavalry company finally dressed up with decals.  Very happy with it and the whole group.

Hope you enjoy the viewing.   8)

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #24 on: 01 April 2018, 22:45:05 »
Hello again all.  I've been working on a company of 1st Marik Militia mechs with a lance of tank support.  I've got one pretty well completed.  One Albatross ready for battle  ;D .  I would like to send a big thank you out to Worktroll for his ghostbrushing suggestions for this project (thanks WT!)  Worked out perfectly on the purple.  First layer was straight Vallejo Royal Purple.  After that it was a 3 to 1 mix of the purple and white, drybrushed.  Then two layers of the ghostbrushing; first one was 1 to 1 mix of purple and white, and then a 1 to 3 of the same two.  All in all I thought it brought the details out really well.  Which is good since I did not want to do any black washing on the purple.  I should have the rest done here in fairly short order.

Thanks for viewing!  :)

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #25 on: 01 April 2018, 23:36:26 »
Very nice indeed! The Albie is a great mini for edges, and the panel lines have come up a treat. More!

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #26 on: 08 April 2018, 19:07:13 »
Very nice indeed! The Albie is a great mini for edges, and the panel lines have come up a treat. More!

Thanks! And I agree, it was a fun mini to paint.  It goes into action a week from today.  :thumbsup:

Oh, ask and ye shall receive...

Tank support in the form of four VNL-K65N Von Luckner Heavy Tanks.

Still more to come...

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #27 on: 09 April 2018, 03:50:09 »
A very Battletech tank, the Von Luckner! A lovely platoon, proud in purple :)

Now what's next?

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #28 on: 09 April 2018, 19:06:53 »
Now what's next?

W.

Well, when the Ombudsman asks, who am I to say no?

The remainder of the fire lance the Albatross belongs to.  Awesome, Trebuchet, and Anvil round out the lance.  One group shot included as well.  Just have to put the finishing touches on the cockpits and they are done.

Only two more lances to finish up after this!  :)

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #29 on: 15 April 2018, 19:30:56 »
And the last half of the company is finished!  So here's a bunch of pics to enjoy  ;)

First up, the Heavy Battle Lance: Hercules, Orion, Tempest, and Guillotine.

Register