Author Topic: Interest In Doing "Unit/Scheme of the Month"?  (Read 2006 times)

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
Interest In Doing "Unit/Scheme of the Month"?
« on: 21 January 2018, 01:45:21 »
Hi all.  I'm starting this to see how much interest there might be in doing an addition to the Miniature of the Fortnight series.  First, I must give credit to Luciora's suggestion in the MoTF thread for putting the idea in my head.  My thought here is to highlight one "group" of minis a month, not a review of any one mech.  This could be a focus on groups of mechs from different soucebooks as Luciora suggested, or showing off unit schemes from the houses, clans, and mercenaries.  Share pics, opinions, difficulties of getting that canon scheme just right, all that fun stuff. 

I'm open to all thoughts and suggestions here.  Feel free to PM me as well.  Thanks in advance all!  8)
« Last Edit: 09 May 2018, 00:31:31 by Valkerie »
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
Re: Interest In Doing "Unit/Group of the Month"?
« Reply #1 on: 21 January 2018, 01:53:37 »
I like this idea.

Having a single thread to see everyone's take on a specific parade scheme for XYZ brigade would be nice.

Like an amateur version of the Camospecs gallery  ;)
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Starbuck

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 21 January 2018, 07:02:48 »
i would suggest a "camo/unit of the fortnight" thread. throw in some special camos (jungle, desert, urban, ...) from time to time.

just my two cents ...

"You promised me Mars colonies. Instead, I got Facebook."
Buzz Aldrin

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #3 on: 21 January 2018, 09:53:33 »
i would suggest a "camo/unit of the fortnight" thread. throw in some special camos (jungle, desert, urban, ...) from time to time.

That can definitely be included.  I'm sure folks have many different takes on those.   8)
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Saint

• Captain
  • Keeper of the Reaper
« Reply #4 on: 21 January 2018, 10:23:03 »
I'm in, I was just thinking about posting my units. O0
"Our eyes lie on Glory, Honor, Strength. Burned worlds will declare our name as cause."

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #5 on: 21 January 2018, 17:52:26 »
Here was my thoughts on the first few rounds.  Still very much open to suggestions if there are other things folks would like to see.

February: Free Worlds League - Free Worlds Guard, Free Worlds Legionnaires, and Marik Militia
March: Forest/Jungle Camo schemes
April: Dual duty. April Fools stuff and Mercenaries A-M (N-Z would be a different round)
May: Star League/Com Star/Word of Blake
June: Federated Suns - Avalon Hussars, Ceti Hussars, and Davion Guards

The hope is we'll see lance size groups or larger.  But even if you only have one mini painted up, share it still.  My aim would be to start each round on the first Sunday of the month.  Thoughts?

Thanks again everyone!  8)

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #6 on: 21 January 2018, 18:23:36 »
Interesting...and here I was getting the following ready for painting:

Clan Nova Cat (5 mechs :()

Magistracy of Canopus (COMPANY LEVEL: 1st Canopian Cuirassiers + Elements of the MAF Magistracy Medical Corps)

Tauron Concordant (COMPANY LEVEL: Red Chasseurs)

Marian Hegemony (COMPANY LEVEL: I Legio Matria Victrix)

And maybe some Pirates for Fun :D

AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #7 on: 21 January 2018, 19:25:39 »
We could certainly swap one round for Periphery units.  I know we've had some Hegemony units and others pop here recently.

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #8 on: 21 January 2018, 19:54:19 »
That woul dbe fun, as I already have Battalion Level units for All 5 Houses, plus Word of Blake
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

Saint

• Captain
  • Keeper of the Reaper
« Reply #9 on: 21 January 2018, 21:56:36 »
I can add.
Fed Suns mixed battalion
Marian Hegemony Merc unit
Hansa RDF1 company
and
Clan Steel Viper Second Line Star
"Our eyes lie on Glory, Honor, Strength. Burned worlds will declare our name as cause."

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #10 on: 25 January 2018, 23:59:35 »
And we're back!  Well, after that unwelcome hiatus, here is my revised schedule.  Still open to suggestions.

February:  Forest/Jungle Camo schemes
March: Periphery States A-M
April: Dual duty. April Fools stuff and Mercenaries A-M
June: Clan Wolf and Jade Falcon Sourcebook Collections

So I think we'll split most house/mercenary groups in half by alphabet so we can do a couple rounds for each.  Sounds like we have quite a few for Periphery, so looking forward to that one.  Thanks for the suggestions all and keep them coming if you have anymore.  Cheers!   8)

Armond

• Sergeant
« Reply #11 on: 27 January 2018, 06:10:56 »
I can do:
Fed Suns - 7th Crucis Lancers
Kurita- 2nd Sword of Light
Homebrew Mercs
Clan Burrock (2nd Line)
Clan Coyote (2nd Line)

Daemion

• Major
  • The Future of BattleTech
    • Never Tales and Other Daydreams
« Reply #12 on: 27 January 2018, 12:27:55 »
Here was my thoughts on the first few rounds.  Still very much open to suggestions if there are other things folks would like to see.

February: Free Worlds League - Free Worlds Guard, Free Worlds Legionnaires, and Marik Militia
March: Forest/Jungle Camo schemes
April: Dual duty. April Fools stuff and Mercenaries A-M (N-Z would be a different round)
June: Federated Suns - Avalon Hussars, Ceti Hussars, and Davion Guards

The hope is we'll see lance size groups or larger.  But even if you only have one mini painted up, share it still.  My aim would be to start each round on the first Sunday of the month.  Thoughts?

Thanks again everyone!  8)

The Blakists are know for their 6th of June movement. So, maybe you should put them in June, instead of May?
It's your world. You can do anything you want in it. - Bob Ross

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

I helped make a game! ^_^  - Forge Of War: Tactics

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #13 on: 27 January 2018, 12:49:27 »
The Blakists are know for their 6th of June movement. So, maybe you should put them in June, instead of May?

Did not know that.  I'm still catching up on all the Jihad stuff.  That's an easy switch.  8)

May: Clan Wolf and Jade Falcon Sourcebook Collections
June: Star League/Com Star/Word of Blake

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
Re: Interest In Doing "Unit/Scheme of the Month"?
« Reply #14 on: 08 May 2018, 12:31:24 »
Hello again all.  We're getting near the end of the list here.  The Star League/Com Star/Word of Blake will finish off the first go round next month.  Again, big thank yous out to all contributors.  It's been quite enjoyable viewing all the different schemes and folks different takes on them.  I hope everyone else has enjoyed it as well.  Great job all!  :clap:

Now it is time for the next lineup.  Suggestions are most welcome of course.  Preliminary schedule is:

July: Clans Ghost Bear and Smoke Jaguar
August: Free Worlds League
September: Draconis Combine
October: Desert/Urban Camo & Halloween
November: Clans Cloud Cobra, Steel Viper, and Star Adder
December:  Federated Suns & Christmas

This is of course very flexible.  The floor is now open for discussion. :rant:

Thanks again all!  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: 09 May 2018, 00:31:53 by Valkerie »