Author Topic: New to Alpha Strike  (Read 1472 times)

scouts19508

• Recruit
New to Alpha Strike
« on: 21 January 2018, 16:10:14 »
Hi all,

I have the Battletech Introductory Set and I was wondering which factions/houses would best to play with those miniatures? I also have the 1st printing and wonder how people put 41pages of errata in the book?

Thanks
Jim

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: New to Alpha Strike
« Reply #1 on: 21 January 2018, 16:43:16 »
The intro box set 'mechs can be used with any. 
If you want to more sterotypical.. the following tend to be more faction specific.
Kurita: Panther, Jenner, Dragon
Liao: Vindicator
Davion: Enforcer
Marik: Hermes II, Cicada
Steiner: Zeus, Commando

As for rulebook, I imagine the majority either use the 2nd printing, ignore the errata, or copy only those pages they care about.  Also, a large part of the errata to the 1st printing is from the Companion. Several sections of it were declared standard rules, so they were included in the 2nd printing and thus became errata to the 1st printing.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

scouts19508

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: 25 January 2018, 21:48:44 »
Thanks! Maybe I'll get the 2nd printing, or I can just make do with the 1st printing. On a different topic. Other than the Alpha Strike Lance Packs is there anywhere I can get the plastic miniatures in the introductory set? There are a few that I want more than one of.

Thanks
Jim

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #3 on: 26 January 2018, 01:31:06 »
At this time, the lance packs are all that's easily available in plastic.  There are new box sets coming with new plastic minis this year, so there are those to look forward to.  Other than that, I believe it's all metal minis from IWM.
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

scouts19508

• Recruit
« Reply #4 on: 26 January 2018, 07:25:42 »
Thanks!

Armond

• Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: 27 January 2018, 05:56:08 »
Hi all,

I have the Battletech Introductory Set and I was wondering which factions/houses would best to play with those miniatures? I also have the 1st printing and wonder how people put 41pages of errata in the book?

Thanks
Jim

You can also go Merc!  Ton of them to choose from, several have had service with multiple factions.  Plenty of cross utilization of different models/variants!  Check out the Mercenary book for Alpha Strike!!!