Author Topic: Timeline on production of reseen mechs?  (Read 8381 times)

massey

• Captain
Timeline on production of reseen mechs?
« on: 21 February 2011, 12:22:22 »
Just wondering what the plan was as far as putting the Locust, Griffin, Shadowhawk, etc, back into production.  The good versions. ;)

JPArbiter

• Captain
  • Podcasting Monkey
    • Arbitration Studios, your last word in battletech talk
Re: Timeline on production of reseen mechs?
« Reply #1 on: 21 February 2011, 15:56:36 »
they are already being made and have been out there for a while, since the publication of project phoenix  8)
Host of Arbitration, your last word in Battletech Talk

ScarletDevil

• Private
« Reply #2 on: 21 February 2011, 16:12:56 »
they are already being made and have been out there for a while, since the publication of project phoenix  8)

I think he mean the Dougram sculpts like the thunderbolt and primitive shadowhawk (both of which are going to be produced this year IIRC)

We need an easier way to mention them, the re-unseen? The re-re-unseen?

Kotetsu

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 21 February 2011, 17:58:12 »
Well in my case, I'd settle for the re-reseen... Some of those look really cool...

massey

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 21 February 2011, 22:04:27 »
I think he mean the Dougram sculpts like the thunderbolt and primitive shadowhawk (both of which are going to be produced this year IIRC)

We need an easier way to mention them, the re-unseen? The re-re-unseen?

Yes, the non-phoenix versions. ;)  They're pretty hard to get currently.

And any word on the Macross license?

Gunbunnie

• Sergeant
  • My first mech was a...
« Reply #5 on: 21 February 2011, 22:09:04 »
How about Classic Reseen?

Daryl
"Artillerymen believe the world consist of two types of people; other Artillerymen and targets."
- Unknown

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #6 on: 22 February 2011, 02:03:49 »
How about Original for the first version of all mechs, Phoenix for the ones from TRO Project Phoenix and 3055 Upgrade, and Phoenix 2 for the ones from TRO 3085?
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

BirdofPrey

• Major
« Reply #7 on: 22 February 2011, 02:19:26 »
Did they say they were putting the designs from Crusher Joe and Fang of the Sun: Dougram back into production now that they aren't unseen again?  Not sure if that interests me or not, to be honest, I actually like the new designs for those (I'll take the reseen locust over the unseen, and the rest I'll go either way), it's the redesigns of the mechs taken from Macross I can't stomach for the most part (oh rifleman, what have they done to you :'()

If they do put the unseen back into production, how does this affect the IIC mechs?  Supposedly they are different enough from the stuff taken from Macross that Harmony Gold can't complain about them.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #8 on: 22 February 2011, 02:21:52 »
All the previously unseen Clan mechs are now valid again.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

tBanzai

• Private
« Reply #9 on: 22 February 2011, 02:47:48 »
Except for the IICs that were based off of the Macross Mechs, I'm assuming.

BirdofPrey

• Major
« Reply #10 on: 22 February 2011, 03:08:24 »
Except for the IICs that were based off of the Macross Mechs, I'm assuming.
All of the IIC mechs are already redesigns, though; being new designs Harmony Gold has no rights to them even if they did take some inspiration from the artwork used for the unseen.  I am pretty sure they yanked them just to be on the safe side rather than any actually legal issues with them (,but then I could be mistaken).

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #11 on: 22 February 2011, 03:30:45 »
Well, here's the IIC mechs:
Marauder

Locust

Griffin

Phoenix Hawk

Warhammer

Shadow Hawk

Rifleman

There's some resemblences with the Warhammer, Rifleman, and Locust, but overall I'd say that they're different enough.

JPArbiter

• Captain
  • Podcasting Monkey
« Reply #12 on: 22 February 2011, 09:31:41 »
and so does catalysts legal counsel

to clarify the non macross mech artwork is completely legal again.  fan funding has permittied the original shadow hawk (technichally the primitive but who is counting) and the Original Thunderbolt to be sculpted from the ground up.

IWM has not, as far as I know, announced an entire rebirth of the "Classic" unseen line of mechs that are now free and clear from any one elses claim of ownership.

the Macross Liscenes and the 12 mechs associated with it are still off limits, with no word given as to how those negotiations are going, indeed if they are happening at all.

and to clarify my snark, from earlier I was well aware of what the OP was talking about, but I am "Project Phoenix 4 Life"

massey

• Captain
« Reply #13 on: 22 February 2011, 12:22:52 »
Personally, I always thought the Ost mechs were far enough removed from the Robotech designs that they should have been okay anyway.  Based on the battle pod?  Really?  I guess if I squint really hard and take a few shots of tequila I could see that.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #14 on: 22 February 2011, 12:38:22 »
FASA seems to have overreacted the first time around with the Unseen.

JPArbiter

• Captain
  • Podcasting Monkey
« Reply #15 on: 22 February 2011, 13:11:29 »
Personally, I always thought the Ost mechs were far enough removed from the Robotech designs that they should have been okay anyway.  Based on the battle pod?  Really?  I guess if I squint really hard and take a few shots of tequila I could see that.

Catalyst game labs legal counsil apparently agreed with you, that said I am of the mind that the Phoenix ones were a universal improvement (some I go back and forth on, some I lean all the way to one side or the other on)

Shin_Fenris

• Master Sergeant
  • Honor never dies
    • 357th Infernal Division
« Reply #16 on: 22 February 2011, 18:56:00 »
Catalyst game labs legal counsil apparently agreed with you, that said I am of the mind that the Phoenix ones were a universal improvement (some I go back and forth on, some I lean all the way to one side or the other on)

100% agreement on that. The PP Ost sculpts actually see a fair bit of time at our gaming table. Why? Not entirely sure. But they look nice.
If this battlefield is Hell, then it is our home and wherever we go, Hell and chaos shall follow.

Lead 'Mech Wrangler: 357th Infernal Division, NE USA
Tai-sa Shiro "Fenris" Takeda, Mercenary: Kuroi Kaze (MAD-6KK Marauder II)
Galaxy Commander Zane Schmitt, Clan Blood Spirit: Iota Galaxy (Blood Kite 2)
Captain Brutus "Bloodsport" Carver, Mercenary: Song's Sentinels (SQS-TH-002 Sasquatch)
CI Backer #138 Merc Backer #32
Just here for KS info - y'all are too argumentative for real discussions.

Trajan Helmer

• Lieutenant
  • Better and calmer than you
« Reply #17 on: 24 February 2011, 02:44:58 »
I love the IIC sculpts for the Marauder and Warhammer. I want to see those come back. I need at least two more of each to be satisfied, three to be happy. I'd like to get the Locust IIC sculpt  too.
Anyone can redesign the Hellbringer's base chassis.  Real men work only with the pod loadout- Natasha K (forum poster)

Do not taunt Happy Fun Aegis. http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,42045.msg968574.html#msg968574

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #18 on: 24 February 2011, 03:14:11 »
the Macross Liscenes and the 12 mechs associated with it are still off limits, with no word given as to how those negotiations are going, indeed if they are happening at all.
Unfortunately, it looks like that part of the classic classics isn't coming back anytime soon. I asked Herb about news on this front during a CGL chat half a year or so ago, and he said there are currently no efforts to (re-)secure the rights to these designs. Looks like there's still a very serious stumbling block on the other side of that deal - big enough to stop the 25 Years of Art & Fiction book dead in its tracks and require a re-design was a bad sign already, and from the looks of it things ran into a brick wall with the Macross people.  :(
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

Register