Author Topic: Amount of XP Rewards Given  (Read 2017 times)

hive_angel

• Lieutenant
  • A, B, C, D, E, F, Guy ...
    • Send Three Squads To Help
Amount of XP Rewards Given
« on: 25 January 2016, 08:52:30 »
How much xp do you normally give based on adventure? I know the rulebook gives suggestions on how much should be given, but I wonder if some of those amounts should be increased.
Follow my blog for Battletech battle reports!

http://ststh.blogspot.com

Search for "Battle Report"

gigobyte

• Sergeant
  • Rock'em Sock'em Robots that I don't get bored of.
Re: Amount of XP Rewards Given
« Reply #1 on: 25 January 2016, 09:36:03 »
I give out about 8 to 11 per game session.

hive_angel

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 25 January 2016, 09:46:39 »
I give out about 8 to 11 per game session.

Is that based on the fail, success, outstanding factor? I feel the amount given whether the session be in mech or out of mech shouls stay the same. I feel I might be giving a bit under what the book suggests as the players rarely have amounts to work with.

gigobyte

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 25 January 2016, 10:06:10 »
I like a heroic style of play, so I don't run adventures that the players fail on very often. I run it like a movie, with just enough danger that they can die or fail, but they probably wont. So, consequently they often succeed in their missions (Merc Group)

Side note, I also let them spend one Edge point each game session that they do not have to pay to replace...again for a higher heroic style.

hive_angel

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: 25 January 2016, 10:18:33 »
Thats is what I tend to do. Re-rolling characters is time consuming and losing all your goodies they have obtained over time.

Based on your xp rewards how many sessions do you get in say monthly to a year given you have session every few weeks?

gigobyte

• Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: 25 January 2016, 10:31:29 »
I run a game about twice a month (real time). In game they can get through anywhere from a few days to a month of time per game session (higher is usually reserved for transit times to get to and from missions). I agree, re-rolling characters sucks. I want to reiterate, I like a heroic game, but I will not go out of my way to save the players...like 3rd game session, my son opened a bag that was trapped with explosives and died (he was given plenty of notice that it was probably trapped)...there was no saving that error.

Register