Author Topic: MotW: Kodiak  (Read 23231 times)

Caedis Animus

• Captain
  • How can a bird be sultry? Very carefully.
Re: MotW: Kodiak
« Reply #60 on: 11 November 2017, 17:22:18 »
Um . . . Joanna was relegated to training sibbies after her leg was crippled . . . pretty sure it was 50s, maybe 60s.  Marthe put her in charge of training Diana with the reward she would be kept on the frontlines if Diana won the bloodname.
That's what I get for going off of Sarna, then. Because at the end of the article it mentioned her and Horse were both placed into a Solohma unit on Marshall by 3069 when all was said and done, and it was likely that she died in the Wars of Reaving.

(The source cited was 'Battletech; 25 years of art and fiction'.)

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
« Reply #61 on: 11 November 2017, 18:01:47 »
That's what I get for going off of Sarna, then. Because at the end of the article it mentioned her and Horse were both placed into a Solohma unit on Marshall by 3069 when all was said and done, and it was likely that she died in the Wars of Reaving.

(The source cited was 'Battletech; 25 years of art and fiction'.)

There was a story in that book featuring Horse in a Solamha unit during the Jihad. It's been too long since I've read it to remember what it said about Joanna though.

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

(HBS: Backer #4,960)
(Clan Invasion: Backer #314)
(Mercenaries: Backer #6,017)

grimlock1

• Captain
« Reply #62 on: 11 November 2017, 18:52:08 »
Wonder how the Bear's would feel about putting in one of those new Clan Wolf Interface Cockpits?
Adding the Interface Cockpit and yanking the gyro frees up 3 tons and jacks the BV2 by about 800 points...
Move the DHS out of the LT, move all the boomie bits in, add CASE II, another ton of AC ammo, an heat sin, a half ton of armor.  Even without the skill buffs from the EI and Interface Cockpit, those changes alone are enough to make the Kodiak scarier. It is unfortunate though... the Interface Cockpit takes up the that free head crit...  If any mech warranted a head mounted flamer, it would be a Kodiak....

BTW, I know Interstellar Ops talks about a Clan Interface Cockpit but it doesn't give any context or fluff.  Where/when did the Wolves develop this?
I'm rarely right... Except when I am.  ---  Idle question.  What is the BV2 of dread?
Apollo's Law- if it needs Clan tech to make it useable, It doesn't deserve those resources in the first place.
Sure it isn't the most practical 'mech ever designed, but it's a hundred ton axe-murderer. If loving that is wrong I don't wanna be right.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #63 on: 11 November 2017, 19:56:10 »
There was a story in that book featuring Horse in a Solamha unit during the Jihad. It's been too long since I've read it to remember what it said about Joanna though.

She died in the same fight shortly before Horse.  He thinks about how she's already dead at one point.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #64 on: 11 November 2017, 19:57:08 »
Check the Non-Canon designs for some Kodak mods with Interface Cockpits. Some are nasty indeed.

Caedis Animus

• Captain
  • How can a bird be sultry? Very carefully.
« Reply #65 on: 12 November 2017, 02:59:51 »
Check the Non-Canon designs for some Kodak mods with Interface Cockpits. Some are nasty indeed.
Not really Tournament legal though.

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #66 on: 12 November 2017, 03:48:11 »
Sorry bad at quoting things, especially from my phone. Was in response to YingJanshi and Grimlock.

JPArbiter

• Captain
  • Podcasting Monkey
    • Arbitration Studios, your last word in battletech talk
« Reply #67 on: 14 November 2017, 18:39:59 »
Anyone ever try converting the MWO hero mech into TW? The idea of a Kodiak with masc is terrifying and wonderful to me
Host of Arbitration, your last word in Battletech Talk