Author Topic: Phoenix, AZ Battletech in 2016  (Read 38359 times)

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
Re: Phoenix, AZ Battletech in 2016
« Reply #180 on: 08 November 2016, 00:21:40 »
WEST TABLE RUN DOWN

Somone feel free to add some more info that actually played on the West table, most of this is from a few tidbits that were mentioned across the tables.

Player Forces x4   (7 Mechs, 1 Tank, 2 BA Squads)
King Crab
Goliath-4S
Marauder
Blackhawk KU-Prime
Griffin-5L
Wolverine-8K
Alacorn-VI
IS Standard BA-MG
IS Standard BA-MG

GM Forces  (I have no idea what they faced)

Outcome:  475 SP Earned Per Player-MG
Both goals completed for 400SP earned.
Added bonus of 75 for 3 smaller hangers destroyed.
Players lost the Goliath & Alacorn from what I heard.
No Salvage because they were dragging off the Goliath that got killed.

The Goliath-4S took a headcap & the Commander of that force died.
Luckily mechs can be repaired & CO's can be replaced unlike LT's.
Also the Alacorn was not being played by the owner but by a guest player who had no force.
So all in all the only thing it should cost is some repair time.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Joel47

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • I paid for my Atlas by selling action figures.
« Reply #181 on: 08 November 2016, 09:22:04 »
On the West table, the players pushed forward strongly on their left, concentrating their forces. I ran a few faster 'mechs around the hill to their right, threatening their flank, and they pivoted to force them back while a few long-range units fired on one of the gun turrets. That's when I reminded them of their objectives -- they could chase my inferior flanking force with heavy 'mechs all they wanted, but they might get paid more if they did what they were sent to do.  8)  After that, they took the front of the hill and the woods in front of that, using their long-range superiority to wipe out the target buildings. In order to get the one on their right they had to push into my flanking force, but in so doing they left the Goliath and Alacorn unsupported. My primary defense force pushed up, killed those two, and now they were the flanking force. After a few rounds of fire the players barely finished killing the repair hangar and called a truce to recover their lost assault 'mech (sans commander, as you mentioned) and withdraw, as I'd put enough damage on several other 'mechs that they were going to start losing them in another round or two. While they'd have done the same for mine, they lacked 'mechs capable of dragging off wrecks, as you mentioned. (I didn't lose any units, BTW.)

GM Units:
3x Jihad Heavy Firebase (I just realized I didn't add another when we late-added a fourth player)
3x SRM Infantry (Ditto, but they were never revealed as the players never got within their range)
Sentinel 5WB
Centurion Ar
Grand Dragon 5K
Scorpion light tank
Archer 6S
Partisan heavy tank
JagerMech III D4
Marauder II 5B
Hoplite 4Cb
Thunderbolt 5Sb

readejc

• Recruit
« Reply #182 on: 08 November 2016, 21:06:21 »
So the Jägermech is up for grabs?  I'd take it if I can.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
« Reply #183 on: 08 November 2016, 22:34:40 »
I plan on salvaging it.

GM Units:
Centurion Ar
Marauder II 5B
I always love seeing my favorite versions of a mech on the battlefield.  That Mad-II is a beast.

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Kartr_Kana

• Corporal
« Reply #184 on: 09 November 2016, 15:17:21 »
I enjoyed this Airfield raid and it's good to be getting back in to BattleTech! I won't be there for the December game because of the holidays, but I should be there for the January game.

One thing I'd like to see, is more background for our battles. I mean who were we fighting for/against in this airfield raid? What's the narrative for the campaign? RotS is charging out of the Fortress and we're working for the Houses to try and keep their planets? We're fighting off Dracs pouring into the Suns, we are the Dracs?

Joel47

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #185 on: 09 November 2016, 15:25:21 »
I've been deliberately leaving backstory out of this, since there are no faction or era restrictions on people's forces. Once I start setting games on a particular planet at a particular time, I'll have to start dealing with the, "But that 'mech couldn't be here -- it wasn't made for another 5 years!"

Also, I've been running scenarios with exact background, era, faction, etc. for a few years. You just came back after the pendulum swung the other way.  8)

Kartr_Kana

• Corporal
« Reply #186 on: 09 November 2016, 22:08:45 »
Lol just my luck :P

Though isn't the point of 3150 to basically do just that? Allow stories with all the toys and a blank canvas to use them on?

Jim1701

• Captain
  • "Don't Panic"
« Reply #187 on: 10 November 2016, 09:52:36 »
Lol just my luck :P

Though isn't the point of 3150 to basically do just that? Allow stories with all the toys and a blank canvas to use them on?

If we played in 3150 then we'd also have to deal with all the tech changes that's occurred by that time.  A lot of advanced and experimental equipment that becomes tournament level equipment by that point.  That's a can of worms that I think Joel prefers not to open at this time. 

Joel47

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #188 on: 10 November 2016, 10:18:20 »
I'd love to see an improvement to the MUL that changes the tech level depending on the selected era.  But in addition to that, changing rules (or, rather, learning new ones) can be hard on beginners, and I'm doing my best to keep my games accessible to new players.

That said, I'll see if I can come up with some era- and location-independent backstory going forward.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
« Reply #189 on: 11 November 2016, 15:08:24 »
One thing I'd like to see, is more background for our battles. I mean who were we fighting for/against in this airfield raid? What's the narrative for the campaign? RotS is charging out of the Fortress and we're working for the Houses to try and keep their planets? We're fighting off Dracs pouring into the Suns, we are the Dracs?

For all the reason's Joel mentioned that is going to be difficult & unlikely.

When thinking about the same subject, the total amount of what I'd come up with is.....

1.  We are all mercs of the same unit.
2.  Its a large unit just based on our Rosters alone.
3.  We've worked for nearly everyone hence the diversity of equipment.
4.  Its fairly far in the future since we some new tech but not clan tech/experimental tech.
5.  The preponderance of C3i in our forces likely means we had access to a scrapyard of old WoB crap.
6.  While large we are the lower end of the supply chain as seen by #4 above.

Year is at least 3123 but probably before most of the current timeline stuff happens, at best early blackout & we are possibly our own "Dark Age" faction that went rogue/merc like Banson that includes planetary militia that raided an older cache of WoB gear.

When you look our forces most everything is Jihad or older.
I think a few BA, my Taranis-3123 & your Marauders-3110, are the only truly "New" unit that anyone fields.

Kartr_Kana

• Corporal
« Reply #190 on: 11 November 2016, 18:25:17 »
Ok, not trying to be difficult and I certainly don't fully get the whole tech shift yet so I'll take your guyses word for it.

I do like Hellraisers ideas, though I think a Merc alliance, like what the Dragoons put together to fight the Wobbies, makes more sense and allows us to have our own unique Merc units and still work jobs together.

Joel47

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #191 on: 18 November 2016, 17:51:17 »
White Elephant Battlemech Exchange
Mission Synopsis: The term "White Elephant" is derived from a past practice of the kings of what is now Thailand. When annoyed with someone, they would give them a white elephant. No one would give away a gift from the king, but its upkeep would ruin them. In modern English the term is used to mean an expensive, useless gift. In the world of Battletech, we're using this as a way to play any battlemech you want... but you have to give a more expensive 'mech to the enemy!

Date & Time:  Saturday, December 17th. We are scheduled to start at 1:00pm; last round will be called at about 6:00pm.

Unit selection: Miniatures & record sheets for pre-made forces will be provided, but players are encouraged to bring their own forces, created in accordance with the rules below. 
    Choose one unit to keep. This may be any canon Standard technology Inner Sphere Battlemech. Note its base Battle Value (BV2).
    Choose one unit to give away. This will also be a canon Standard technology Inner Sphere Battlemech. Its base Battle Value must be equal to or higher than the ‘mech you keep. (Note that you're only giving away the record sheet, not the miniature! The miniature exchange is a separate event -- see below.)
    Gunnery/Piloting skills for all 'mechs will be G3/P4 or G4/P3 (player's choice -- not the gift-giver's).
    Assembled miniatures that exactly match your force (i.e., no proxies) will grant you the use of one point of Edge, usable only on your "keeper" 'mech. This does not apply to forces provided by the GM.

Terrain and setup description: The battle will be held on a 4’ x 6’ map (2” hexes) representing rolling hills surrounding a small urban area. The two (randomly-determined) sides will move onto the board from the short edges on round 1.

Victory Conditions:
The side with the most ‘mechs in the city at the end of the game wins. Crippled units count as half, and units entering the city on the last round also count as half (this is cumulative).

Special Rules: With a few exceptions, only Total Warfare rules will be used.

There is no “edge of the world.” If a mech is up against a map edge, the three hexes that would be surrounding the mech off the board are now legal hexes for movement; occupying any of those hexes opens up more hexes, etc.
    The following rules from Tactical Operations will be used: Floating Crits, Sprinting, Evading, Crawling, Careful Stand, Firing When Down, ECCM, Expanded Backward Movement, Expanded Stacking, Gauss Shut Off, Active Probe Targeting, Retractable Blades.

Miniature Exchange: This part is optional! Bring a painted Battletech miniature. (It doesn't have to be a 'mech, but if it's a tank that came in a multi-pack, include all the tanks from the pack.) Then everyone who brought a miniature gets to pick one. (Picking order to be determined -- I'm leaning toward having the non-participants judge the minis, and giving the best painters first pick, but I might just go random.)

Hellraiser

• Colonel
« Reply #192 on: 19 November 2016, 13:57:05 »
After months of IS campaign I have just one thing to say...........sigh......... No Clan Tech ??????

Everyone thinks its crazy when I give away mechs with Clan ERPPCs & Targetting computers !!!  >:D >:D >:D

Joel47

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #193 on: 19 November 2016, 14:15:54 »
I've done the gift exchange with Clan tech before, and it didn't go well -- with the extra firepower, and so many designs that give up armor, it's pretty easy to kill the glass cannon you gave away on round 2. After that battle, most of those who'd been asking for Clan tech agreed that I'd been right.  O0

Hellraiser

• Colonel
« Reply #194 on: 19 November 2016, 14:57:33 »
The Warhawk-C has NEVER been described as a GLASS CANNON in 25 years.   Shame on you!

I'm ignoring the fact that the Hellbringer-Prime has & I gave that one away too,  hehehe  >:D >:D

I never felt clan tech was the issue, instead it was the fact that some brought a Light pair & others brought an Assault pair & having a crap light is not the same as a crap assault.

Seems like what we need is not a tech restriction but a BV area margin, or, allow any skill you want to boost BV into the same bracket range.

Joel47

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #195 on: 19 November 2016, 15:01:09 »
Or just play Inner Sphere, where lights aren't so completely overmatched.  >:D

Hellraiser

• Colonel
« Reply #196 on: 19 November 2016, 15:17:21 »
I was referring to IS lights.

A Javelin is still a Javelin no matter how much you sup it up it not going to take down a Nightstar :)

Joel47

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #197 on: 03 January 2017, 18:04:08 »
Campaign Game
Scenario: Dropship Recovery

Scenario Basics:
BV limit: 2500 (only applies for forces not submitted at least 48 hours before the game)
Unit max: 3 (applies to all forces; carried infantry does not count against this total)
Unit limitation: Units 5/8 or faster may deploy on the map. Units moving 4/6 may move on to the players’ home edge on turn 3. Units 3/5 or slower may enter the battle on turn 5.
Victory Condition 1 (200 SP per player): Allied infantry controls the dropship
Victory Condition 2 (200 SP per player): No non-crippled enemy units within weapons range of the dropship
Secondary Objective: Destroy enemy support vehicles (25 SP to each player per vehicle).
Salvage: Yes
Intel: A friendly dropship was forced down near your operational area. Your orders are to put together a quick strike force that can reach it before the enemy does... or at least before they can repair and recover it.

Force Composition: See the campaign rules: https://docs.google.com/document/d/19OwgNoldoGaAGuujXkLKuiRNB88Vc6j2SWOeKnsTuCE/edit?usp=sharing

Force Composition, Short Version: Create a mercenary force according to the rules (or ask the GM for one). Pick three units from that force to bring to the battle. (If you submit these to the GM by Thursday there is no BV limit. After that, max 2500 BV.)

Terrain: The battle will be played on a 4'x6' table (2" hexes) with small hills, light forestation, and a downed dropship near one end. Setup will be along the short edges. We'll have at least two tables, and will split players evenly between the tables so that we don't have more than four players per table.

Salvage Changes
The rules have been updated. All salvaged units are now auctioned off between all interested players (from any table). The proceeds are split between the capturing players as normal.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
« Reply #198 on: 16 January 2017, 12:32:09 »
I'd like to suggest a change in the set up rules.

The way it reads now, I predict that neither table will get Victory Condition #2

The placement of the DS at the end, small overall playing area, & the late arrival of slow units will make that a 0% possibility, IMO.   There is simply no way to remove all targets from "Weapon Range" on that map.

My suggestions to make it a small chance of success while keeping the same feel:
1.  Move up DS location to 1/2 way point on map.
2.  Change deployment times from turn 1-3-5 to turns 1-2-3
3.  Change "Weapons Range" to be "6 hexes".

With these changes I still don't think its likely that anyone gets the #2 goal, but, at least it might give them a small chance at it.

Joel47

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #199 on: 16 January 2017, 12:37:50 »
Your concerns are noted, but it won't be as bad as you think (i.e., the GM isn't a total ******, and the scenario doesn't necessarily tell you everything). Well, it won't unless people persist in bringing slow assault 'mechs even when the description basically begs them not to.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
« Reply #200 on: 16 January 2017, 13:00:28 »
The Assault Mechs issue is only 1 of 3 that I see is a major issue.

As I'm reading it, even a single Assassin, Wolfhound, Talon, etc etc in the enemy force is enough to trigger an auto-loose on this maps size.

I see no way to cripple 100% of the enemy in "weapons range" when the map is only 36 hexes long & LRMs reach 21 hexes.

But we'll see.

Jim1701

• Captain
  • "Don't Panic"
« Reply #201 on: 16 January 2017, 15:03:11 »
Well Joel usually knows what he's doing...  O:-)

Hellraiser

• Colonel
« Reply #202 on: 16 January 2017, 15:31:26 »
the scenario doesn't necessarily tell you everything).

Is it not telling us that the Dropship still has fully functional weapons & is vaporizing enemy units every turn & they are actively running away from it?   ^-^ Hehe.

Because otherwise I'm just not seeing the entire enemy force getting outside of their own weapons range of the DS.

New questions.

1.  How is "Infantry Control" of the DS going to be determined?

2.  How many & what kind of "support vehicles" are the bonus objectives?

3.  How are GM forces deployed?
It doesn't say from what I can see.  Enter map Turn-1?  On the board already?  If so in what area?
« Last Edit: 16 January 2017, 15:37:26 by Hellraiser »

Joel47

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #203 on: 16 January 2017, 16:04:25 »
Your intelligence is imperfect, and your orders are as given. Do your best to follow them, and you'll be declared the winner if you play well.

(I.e., I'm not going to spell everything out exactly - even the victory conditions - because I don't want the scenario "gamed.")

Joel47

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #204 on: 16 January 2017, 17:33:49 »
Sorry, that was perhaps a bit brusque. My point is that I try to run these more like an RPG than a wargame -- that is to say, I need wiggle room to keep it fun for everyone. If I explicitly state every option, and someone doesn't bring exactly what they need, no one has fun.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
« Reply #205 on: 16 January 2017, 22:16:15 »
I don't believe I'm trying to "game" the system.

I'm trying to avoid another situation of people leaving for the day thinking they had no chance to accomplish 1 or even both of the goals in the short time we have allotted to play.
Which is usually about 4 hours with set up & tear down & ends up being all of 6-7 turns.  (5-10 anyway)

Hellraiser

• Colonel
« Reply #206 on: 22 January 2017, 01:11:35 »
WEST TABLE - GAME #5 - CAPTURE THE DROPSHIP

3 PLAYER FORCES ENTER FROM THE NORTH.
3 GM FORCES ENTER FROM THE SOUTH.

PLAYERS FORCES:  7 MECHS, 2 VEHICLE, 3 INFANTRY = 12 TOTAL UNITS
RIFLEMAN-6X (3/4)
CENTURION-D5  (3/4)
UZIEL-8S  (3/5)
INFILTRATOR-II-MAGNETIC "SQUAD"  (4/5)
CHAMPION-3P  (REFIT-TC/ECM)
HUSSAR-500D (REFIT-ERLL/ECM)
KARNOV-BA
WOLVERINE-8C  (4/5)
WOLFHOUND-4W  (3/4)
HAWKMOTH-LB10X  (4/5)

GM FORCES:  5 MECHS, 5 VEHICLES, 6 APCS, 6 INFANTRY = 22 TOTAL UNITS
WARHAMMER-8M
GUILLOTINE-8D
THUNDERBOLT-9SE
CATAPULT-K4K
PANTHER-12K
PATTON-ORIGINAL
2*  VEDETTE-RAC
2*  SAVANNAH MASTER-ORIGINAL
3*  HEAVY HOVER APC-LRM
3*  HEAVY TRACKED APC-ORIGINAL
3*  FOOT INFANTRY - MOC
3*  MOTORIZED INFANTRY - LYRAN HEAVY

DEATH / DAMAGE / CRIPPLES
PLAYERS:
INFILTRATOR-II-MAGNETIC "SQUAD"  (4/5) - J.B.  (DEAD - OUT 1 GAME TO HEAL)
INFILTRATOR-II-MAGNETIC "SQUAD"  (4/5) - JAS.  (DEAD - OUT 1 GAME TO HEAL)

GM:
CRIPPLED / ABANDONED
2*  VEDETTE-RAC  (MIN SALVAGE = 250 EACH)
PATTON-ORIGINAL  (MIN SALVAGE = 244)
TOTAL BASE SALVAGE = 744 = 248/PLAYER

OBJECTIVES:
1- INFANTRY CONTROL OF DROPSHIP = 0
2- CONTROL OF BATTLEFIELD AREA = 100  (1/2 AWARD BASED ON POTENTIAL TO GO EITHER WAY IN TIME)
3- 1 HOVER APC CRIPPLED = 25

BASE SP/PLAYER AWARD = 373  (MAY GO UP BASED ON SALVAGE BIDS)

THIS IS A QUICKY UPDATE FROM MEMORY
I'LL CHECK THE RS IN THE AM AFTER I SLEEP GIVE THE PLAY BY PLAY

INITIAL REVIEW IS, WAY TOO MANY UNITS & INFANTRY IN THE GM FORCES, STILL WORKING ON BALANCE ISSUES THERE.
MY SUGGESTION WOULD HAVE BEEN TO CUT IT IN 1/2 & ONLY DO 1 INFANTRY/1 APC PER GM FORCE.
OF COURSE PART OF IT WAS ALSO THE RANDOM TEAMS, IT SEEMS THE EAST TABLE PASTED THE INFANTRY OVER THERE, WHILE THE INFILTRATORS WERE NOT THE BEST OPTION FOR CLEARING THE DROPSHIP.

PS. SORRY FOR THE CAPS LOCK

Edit:
Had the wrong healing time for infantry.
« Last Edit: 25 January 2017, 20:50:07 by Hellraiser »

Hellraiser

• Colonel
« Reply #207 on: 22 January 2017, 14:57:06 »
WEST TABLE - GAME #5 - CAPTURE THE DROPSHIP - Continued

Expanding on the above after some sleep & a little Record Sheet review.

GM Force Damage:
Guillotine  =  Moderate Damage/Crippled  =  Armor-56/200,  2 Engine Hits from TAC
Warhammer  =  Minor Damage = Armor-8/208
Thunderbolt  =  Minor Damage  =  Armor-33/211,  1 Pilot Hit
Catapult  =  Minor Damage  =  Armor-29/211,  IS-1/3 HD
Panther  =  Heavy Damage/Crippled  =  Armor-59/110, IS: CT-3/11, RT-4/8, LA-6/6, 1 Gyro, 1 Stk-4, 2 Pilot Hits  (The crippling hit was the fall at the end that did the RT IS damage)

Patton  =  Abandoned  =  Armor-24/232,  Motive-Immobile
Rac-Vette  =  Abandoned  =  Armor-22/72,  IS: RR-1/5,  Motive-Immobile
Rac-Vette  =  Abandoned  =  Armor-46/72,  Engine Destroyed,  Motive-Half-1 (2/3)
Savannah Master #1 = Moderate = Armor-5/24,  Motive-Half (7/11)
Savannah Master #2 = Minor = Armor-6/24,  Motive-Minor/PSR

Heavy Hover APC #1  =  Immobile/Crippled  =  Armor-8/56
Foot Platoon #1 = Casualties-8/28

Other 5 Heavy APC's  =  Pristine
Other 5 Infantry Platoons = Pristine

Player Forces Repairs:
As mentioned above 2 of the 3 Infiltrator Squads were wiped out & will spend 2 months healing & repairing
The 3rd squad was still on the Uziel & pristine AFAIK.

I know the Wolverine, Wolfhound, & YellowJacket were all damaged but it didn't appear that any was to the point of missing games.

Not sure where things stood w/ the other 5 Mechs & Karnov, as far as Damaged to the point of repairs.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
« Reply #208 on: 22 January 2017, 15:48:03 »
WEST TABLE - GAME #5 - CAPTURE THE DROPSHIP - Continued

Battlefield Play by Play:

The game only went 4 turns due to time, which sucks & while slow movement on all sides contributed to that, as did talking, the real killer was having 22 units to plot fire for by the GM.  (More on that later)
Even Joel's table only got to 6 turns which is also pretty low.

Turn #1
Player forces (7 mechs, 2 Vtols) had no delayed entry & took the field from the north edge.  (Infantry Mounted)
GM forces had 5 Combat Vehicles deployed forward on the map & 5 Mechs entering from the south.
Minor ranged fire which didn't connect much.
Savannah Masters begin end run by hitting the Yellow Jacket but just scrapping paint.
I think the only other hit was the Patton on Karnov w/ Precision AC fire, but not scoring any crit/motive.
Had I been able to connect ever again that game this hit might have mattered, LOL.

Turn #2
GM APCs get to enter the map behind the mechs.
Hovers flank up to the dropship & deploy foot platoons in cover.
Tracked just cruise up part of the way.
RacVettes & Patton open up at Player Mechs
GM Mechs move around the Dropship & also open fire, but mostly scrape paint except for the Guillotine.

The Players open fire & all 5 tanks/hovers take some form of motive damage w/ 1 Vedette crew bailing at the end of the turn.
The Karnov & Wolfhound drop off Infiltrators on "their" side of the Dropship, but 1 squad takes heavy fire from the Guillotine that just cleared the Nose of the Leopard.  4 ERML's & a Streak-6 is not kind to a single BA Squad

Turn #3
Both BA Squads & 3 Foot Platoons all enter the DS  (Treated as a Building for combat simplicity)

Rifleman makes a stunning run THOUGH the GM's mech to get in the back at the GM Infantry & APCs.
This actually helps to foil the GM plan of surrounding the Wolfhound before it could move by blocking the path to it.  The Centurion backs up the Rifleman & gets to the front of the lines.
Close Range fire & Melee ensues w/ T-Bolt, Panther, & Guillotine near by, but, the only real looser is the Panther which falls over.
Wolfhound reverses away from trap while Hussar skirmishes & snipes.
Champion takes cover in middle woods to fire on 2nd Rac-vette.
Uziel takes cover in East woods & immobilizes the Patton but the crew stays inside the thick armor & keeps shooting while the 2nd Vedette crew bails out immobilized.
Tracked APCs drop off Motorized Infantry outside the Dropship while Hovers speed away & snipe.
Foot platoons swarm the Infiltrators finishing off 1 squad while damaging the 2nd.
Wolverine falls from damage by massed GM fire & failed PSR.

Turn #4
The Rifleman & Centurion continue to move behind the Dropships.
The 1st Motorized Platoon moves into Dropship while the other 2 turn & fire on Centurion.
Uziel flanks at the edge lining up for a run to drop off more Battlearmor.
All APCs attempt to move away from or into Rear Arcs of Player Mechs to avoid fire & snipe.
The Warhammer moves into point blank range w/ the Champion which parked in the middle woods
Catapult & Tbolt trade fire w/ Rifleman & Wolfhound.
Panther almost kills itself just trying to stand
Guillotine engages the fallen Wolverine which failed to stand.

Game ends due to lack of time  :(

Thoughts on Scenario Balance

1.  There was twice as many APCs & Infantry in each GM force as there needed to be. (2+2 Each)
Cutting it in half would made for an up in the air chance v/s an easy GM win here.

2.  As I stated before, I don't see how Area Control could have been achieved as it was worded, based on weapon range.
We ruled it instead as simply were they winning, and in this case it was up in the air w/o enough turns & could have gone either way had the game gone on longer.

I'd like to see the 2nd goal focused more directly on combat kills and bring back the "Partial Win" conditions.
Something like 25% Cripple by Unit count & 50% Cripple by BV would make for a good 2 stage goal.
(I used Cripple because a Kill pretty much guarantees it as salvage where a Cripple doesn't so there is a reason to keep shooting but its not directly tied to victory condition.  And its also easier to pull off given the short 4-8 turn games we have been having.)

Hellraiser

• Colonel
« Reply #209 on: 22 January 2017, 16:52:06 »
EAST TABLE - CAPTURE THE DROPSHIP - GM JOEL

4 PLAYER FORCES:
Black Hawk-Prime  +  IS Std BA
Griffin-5L
Firestarter-O-Prime
Wolverine-9W2
Gurkha 8G
Drillson Hvy Hovertank (Standard)  +  Marauder BattleArmor
Drillson Hvy Hovertank (Standard)  +  Marauder BattleArmor
Hiryo WiGE (Infantry)  +  Kage (Vibro Claw)  +  Longinus BA (Magnetic)  +  Djinn BA (Stealth)

GM FORCES:  4 Mechs, 4 Tanks,  8 APC, 8 Infantry
Tempest-3G  (3/4)
Enforcer-III-6Ma  (3/5)
Starslayer-3D  (3/5)
Clint-2-3UL  (4/4)
Drillson-Standard  (4/5)
Hunter-LRM15  (3/5)
Saladin-Armor  (4/5)
Harasser  (4/4)

4* Heavy Hover APC-LRM  (4/5)
4* Heavy Tracked APC-Standard  (4/5)
4*  Foot Platoon-MOC  (4/5)
4*  Motorized Platoon-Lyran Heavy  (4/5)

Overview:  Limited knowledge so feel free to add play by play & highlights
This table made it 6 turns before time ran out.

Even with 1 player not bringing infantry, the units involved had quite a few Anti-Infantry weapons which lead to many dead GM Infantry.
The players didn't drop off infantry till Turn-3/4 after combat was heavy & killed a few infantry on the way in causing 1 platoon to retreat before it ever got inside the Dropship.

I believe they captured the Dropship but no Area Control? for 200 Objective Points each.
Also 3 bonus Support APCs killed for 75 Group Objective points each.

Salvage was the Enforcer & Saladin that were both crippled & bailed out for 500+131 SP minimum award to be split among 4 players.

Total is 433 each before possible bidding increases.

No idea on player damage/repairs

« Last Edit: 22 January 2017, 17:16:01 by Hellraiser »