Author Topic: Drac Regiments using C3 in 3145?  (Read 1715 times)

Nightgaun7

• Warrant Officer
  • The ends justify the means.
    • Built for War - A BattleTech TRO by fans like you!
Drac Regiments using C3 in 3145?
« on: 14 January 2017, 00:57:56 »
Which Combine units are actually using C3 or bC3 in the Dark Age? Mechs like the Hatamoto-godai, etc. are presumably meant to be used by someone, but it seems like the Combine has really veered away from C3 use on the whole.

Rainbow 6

• Captain
Re: Drac Regiments using C3 in 3145?
« Reply #1 on: 14 January 2017, 05:05:23 »
Weirdly I was just coming on to ask the same question.

I'm assuming that the 'modern warfare' Regiments would be the likely users but wanted some confirmation.

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 14 January 2017, 12:41:36 »
Presumably whoever wants to use it? There's a bit in 3145 where they talk about Toranaga getting the Coordinator to return to the old ways with regards to Conventional units, but I don't really see anything about dropping c3?

So it would probably be the more "modern" warfare units so to speak, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it in alot of places.

Nightgaun7

• Warrant Officer
  • The ends justify the means.
    • Built for War - A BattleTech TRO by fans like you!
« Reply #3 on: 14 January 2017, 17:46:03 »
OK, but which units are "the modern units" in 3145?

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 14 January 2017, 17:47:47 »
Also keep in mind that C3 and BC3 components have been errata'd to be compatible in the same network.  So anyone, Dracs included, don't have to choose bewteen the two to make a viable network.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #5 on: 14 January 2017, 22:45:27 »
Also keep in mind that C3 and BC3 components have been errata'd to be compatible in the same network.  So anyone, Dracs included, don't have to choose bewteen the two to make a viable network.
Seriously?
Thank the cat gods!
I took one look at bC3 back when it came out & the first thing I thought was this will NEVER be common enough for anyone to use it when C3 regular already has some issues w/ finding certain "roles" w/ the right C3 part.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #6 on: 14 January 2017, 22:48:24 »
Quote from: Me
Seriously?
Thank the cat gods!
I took one look at bC3 back when it came out & the first thing I thought was this will NEVER be common enough for anyone to use it when C3 regular already has some issues w/ finding certain "roles" w/ the right C3 part.

Yeah the ruling is basically boosted only gets its special hardening when both ends of a comm link are boosted.  When a BCM is talking to a C3 slave, the two way comms is still cut by uncompensated ECM of regular strength.  The ruling is here.

EDIT: added link
« Last Edit: 14 January 2017, 22:58:22 by Tai Dai Cultist »

Register