Author Topic: Magyari's Irregulars (3145-era Mercenary unit)  (Read 43337 times)

Nav_Alpha

• Major
Re: Magyari's Irregulars (3145-era Mercenary unit)
« Reply #210 on: 28 December 2017, 23:27:51 »
Is it an Anvil? Although I don’t get the Tom Cruise reference?

"Hold your position, conserve ammo... and wait for the Dragoons to go Feral"
- last words of unknown merc, Harlech, 3067

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #211 on: 29 December 2017, 02:43:19 »
Is it an Anvil? Although I don’t get the Tom Cruise reference?

Wait, 1992's sexiest man alive. My mistake.
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #212 on: 31 December 2017, 02:35:23 »
From the personal journal of Sargent David Correra

Working with the assault lance is never dull, and I’m not just saying that because of all the time I spend riding on Lee’s Vulture. Those guys have an amazing ability to come up with insane plans and get themselves into trouble. And because my squad is effectively attached to their lance, I’m usually along for the ride.

Take this latest one as an example. We were trying to look for a way to lure out the Ashburton pirates. They’d managed to find out the target of the next pirate attack, being a warehouse district on the Batman waterfront (Yeah, the pirates were going straight after the capital even knowing that there was a mercenary company present. Talk about ballsy!), so they had decided to plan a surprise party. They had their ‘Mechs shipped in (Along with my squad, of course) and hidden in the target warehouses in ambush.

Sure enough the pirates took the bait. Five hovers (Two Condors, a Stygian, a maxim and a civvy Hovertruck) blazed in from over the water, covered by a pair of Cavalry VTOLs. As soon as they got near, Takahashi opened up from cover, which definitely spooked them, but not enough at first to call off their attack. While the hovers wheeled around (Including the Maxim dropping off a load of Standard Battlearmour) they unleashed their own secret weapon. A Yeoman emerged form the water, and not in a “’Mech walking on the ocean floor” way. No, this thing was like some sort of freaking submarine.

The rest of the lance emerged and really set them off. The Cavalrys doused Haki’s Axman in infernos, so in response he bought one of them down with his LBX. We swarmed the chopper and captured the crew for further questioning. The Maxim then wheeled around and beamed Haki with a TAG, leading to flights of LRMs from the hovers and the Yeoman bombarding him. (So we can add ‘prototype BattleMech and semi-guided LRMs’ to their operational budget).

Things suddenly turned around when Randy sank the Stygian and then crushed the Hovertruck, which was enough to convince them to get the hell out of there. The Maxim had no way to pick their suits up and instead cut and ran, possibly hoping that the suits would be able to escape on their own. Didn’t matter, as Haki blasted the Maxim and sent it to the bottom as well. The two Condors and remaining Cavalry got away clean, but they got nothing for their efforts. The Yeoman tried to make a run for it as well, but a hit form Randy almost sunk it. For a moment it looked like it had gone to the bottom as well, but it seemed to recover and escape.

So we managed to scare them off without them having anything to show for it. Pretty good start, if you ask me.

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #213 on: 31 December 2017, 02:37:44 »
Project HOUSEBOAT

I found a file that matches up to our mysterious Yeoman. It also gives me an idea as to where the pirates are getting their supplies – Nikola

Field Testing Summation: YMN-10-OR Refit
Producer/Site: Curtiss MilTech, Paradise
Supervising Technician: Doctor Gary Pappas
Project Start Date: 3072
Non-Production Equipment Analysis:
   Mechwarrior Aquatic Survival System
   Underwater Manoeuvring Units
   Multiple Torpedo Tubes

The Jihad was a boom time for military technologies, with many different developments going from prototypes to common mass production items during its course. However, the level of destruction unleashed during the Jihad meant that many other projects fell by the wayside or were simply destroyed, with their details often lost. Added to this, not every new technology was a success, and many were dead ends or catastrophic failures.

Project HOUSEBOAT is one such example. Evidence of its existence didn’t come to light until after the end of the Jihad, and even then all that is known about it is the result of piecing together fragmentary information from several sources. The project itself was lost with the destruction of Curtiss MilTech's factories on Paradise (along with the rest of the world) by the Principality of Regulus. Most of what exists comes from the Duchy of Tamarind-Abbey's efforts to reverse-engineer the Yeoman, as well as some information included in the sale of the Wraith specs to Hellespont.

The project appears to have been initiated at the behest of the Word of Blake, who invested a considerable amount into underwater facilities and defences. The goal appears to have been twofold; to develop a dedicated aquatic fire-support platform, while also serving as a tested for a new weapons system. In both of these efforts, HOUSEBOAT appears to have been unsuccessful.

At some point in the early 3070s, the Word of Blake and Krupp began development of the Multiple Torpedo Tube (MTT), an attempt at creating an aquatic equivalent of the MML system (itself a then relatively new technology that had quickly proliferated) that would be capable of launching both long and short-range torpedoes. While much of the developmental data on the MTT has been completely lost, the goal was to offer a greater versatility to aquatic platforms, particularly small submarines.

Seeking a test platform, the Word turned to Curtiss and the Yeoman, due to the BattleMech's relatively simple design. Three YMN-10-OR units were built as dedicated test platforms, with their jump jets replaced with Underwater Movement Unit systems in order to give them a greater ability to operate in aquatic conditions. However, due to the delays with the MTT system even reaching the prototype stage, Curtiss decided to press ahead with experiments using the three platforms.

All three modified Yeomans were equipped with a variety of different weapons configurations, including LRMs, SRMs, MMLs and both long and short-range torpedoes. In addition, the platforms were equipped with a still-experimental Mechwarrior Aquatic Survival System, as much to protect the pilot inside as to aid in the recovery of test data in the advent of a catastrophic failure.

The most encouraging versions mounted four seven-tube MML systems and two five-tube long-range torpedo launchers. Rather than the aquatic fire support platform that the designers had intended, the idea evolved into HOUSEBOAT acting as an ambush unit, able to travel undetected underwater before emerging to bombard shore targets. Tests suggested that HOUSEBOAT would work well in tandem with TAG-equipped Purifier suits and semi-guided LRMs.

In the meantime, the MTT project appeared to have ground to a halt, with Krupp only managing to produce a handful of problem-prone prototypes. None the less, at least one system was shipped to paradise for testing and mounted on the third HOUSEBOAT prototype. The results were less than encouraging. During a live-fire test a torpedo jammed in the tube while switching between long and short-range munitions. An attempt to clear the jam detonated the torpedo, destroying the prototype launcher while nearly sinking HOUSEBOAT.

Following the incident, both the MTT project and HOUSEBOAT were cancelled. Prototypes one and three were retained by Curtiss for further testing, while prototype two (now converted to a shore bombardment configuration with a load of LRMs and MMLs) appears to have somehow ended up in the hands of the Sirian Lancers. It, in turn, was acquired by the RSMC following the Lancers' surrender to the Regulans at the end of the Jihad. Prototypes one and two three destroyed on Paradise, while it appears that the Regulans had no use for three and either stored or dismantled it.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #214 on: 14 January 2018, 05:59:51 »
Operation LONELY ISLAND

From Mercenary Campaigns of the 32nd Century, Galatea Free Press

After their ambush and defeat of a pirate attack on the Batman docks, Magyari’s Irregulars chose to capitalise on their momentum and strike a blow against the Ashburton pirates. While the main goal was it simply eliminate one pirate band, the hope was that they would send a message to their opponents that they were not safe, they were not beyond the mercenaries reach and that there was nowhere that they could hide. By taking out one band in their supposedly secret hideout, the Irregulars were hoping to demoralise others.

Of course, the problem was going to be finding one of those secure hideouts. Interrogation of the captives from the Batman attack had revealed that the pirates had a base on Phillip Island, but the exact location was unclear. The pirates were known to be well-informed, to the point that it was known that they had people watching the Irregulars’ dropships. As such, they would likely be tipped off about any potential move against them, and could clear out before an attack was mounted.

Instead, they took a more risky but potentially lucrative approach, code-named Operation LONELY ISLAND. Blending in to the local population, members of the Irregulars planted information suggesting a particularly valuable cargo would be leaving the Batman ports, travelling by a route that would take it near Phillip Island. The cargo was, in fact, a lance of the Irregulars’ BattleMechs with VTOL and Battle Armour support that would be armed and ready to go as soon as an opportunity presented itself. Their reasoning was that after their losses at the Batman docks, the particular pirate band would be eager for

To aid in the deception, Major Magyari moved the bulk of the unit to St. Kilda for exercises with the ADF. In order to hide the shortfall in numbers, she added an extra lance to her unit, made up of ‘Mechs salvaged from Shasta and repainted in their colours. The pirates’ informants passed on their departure, effectively greenlighting a move against this cargo.

And so the MV Happiness, a bulk cargo freighter, set out from Batman along its route. As expected, it was subsequently shadowed by a Mauna Kea class gunboat, which followed the vessel until it reached Phillip Island. Drawing alongside, the gunboat effectively held the ship at gunpoint while a Karnov VTOL dropped an infantry team off to size command of the ship. The pirates steered the Happiness towards Phillip island, parking it at their makeshift dock to unload its cargo.

What they instead got was a quartet of BattleMechs storming out of the vessel’s cargo bay doors and laying into their defences. The Pirates rallied their own forces, which consisted of the Mauna Kea, several light tanks hovercraft and VTOLs, conventional infantry, a Quasit MilitaMech and the same modified Yeoman that they had previously fielded. While they did hold the advantage of numbers, the mercenaries simply possessed greater firepower and capabilities. Furthermore, their initial ambush allowed them to claim the high ground overlooking the pirate docks, giving them a tactical advantage.

In shot order, the pirate forces were devastated. Of the units they had bought to the field, only a handful of infantry had managed to surrender. The rest had been destroyed or disabled trying to flee to a fallback base. Among them was the Yeoman, which apparently sank after being shot in the back by a Lamprey. With the beachead secured, the Irregulars force called for the rest of the unit so that they could secure the rest of Phillip Island.

The captive pirates and their equipment did yield a wealth of information. They revealed that they did have an off-world supplier, who had been providing them with weapons, equipment and other supplies via dropship. (Ashburton’s six moons created a wealth of pirate jump points, making it rather hard to detect an incoming ship) The Yeoman wasn’t their own design either, having come form their off-world suppliers. Later research conformed that it was a Jihad-era prototype, last known to be in possession of the RSMC. This seemed to conform the identity of their supplier, who would have a vested interest in keeping Ahsburton destabilised.

Overall, the Irregulars had scored a major victory in their campaign. However, its greatest challenges were yet to come.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #215 on: 20 January 2018, 02:21:55 »
Well, today's session is going to be difficult to write up, to say the least. I will say this much; Takahashi manages to be a ninja in a Stalker.

Also Kojak, if you're reading this, the Warhammer IIC showed up.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #216 on: 21 January 2018, 02:21:09 »
Journal Extract 75323-Rho

(Honestly? Between them the kids are walking security leaks. If not for their parentage, they would have both been discharged long ago or otherwise ‘retired’. Then again, they’re far form the first idiot offspring of mercenary officers. At least one of them might not be a problem too much longer)

When (deleted) the Major first found out about the Ashburton government hiring mercs, she was furious. Then when she found out who they were, she was strangely okay with it, which is rather strange what with our past and all that. She figured that we would lie low for a while and get a read on the Irregulars, their full capabilities and what they were doing, and then make her move.  She was even okay with them taking out one of the pirate bands, though it ain’t like they’re exactly a big loss to begin with.

So the Major had the idea of luring out one of their lances into an ambush. The plan was to use recon lance to act as bait to draw them in and then have my lance to take them out. Seemed simple enough, right? We even had a fallback escape route into the canyons should things go bad. ‘course, none of it went even remotely right to begin with. (Deleted) (deleted) frig it, trying to keep this professional sounding Scout lance managed to bait one of the units looking for us all right, but it was a freaking heavy lance. So they weren’t just running towards us for the trap but also running for their lives, and Scout Lead was screaming like he allways does when he gets in over his head (happens a lot too).

I sprang the trap with my lance stepping up while Recon scattered and tried to flank them. At first it looked like we were doing okay (Took a lot of armour off a Vulture and a Stalker in the opening), but then they managed to take out two of Scout Lance in quick succession which threw them off. I pressed the attack no less while Scout Lead tried to cut around the back with a Commando to unload on their rears.

And then it all went to (deleted) (deleted) (deleted) hell.

Our comms went out, filled with all sorts of noise and crap. A pair of droppers flew over and dumped their loads on us. At first I thought that the Irregulars had called in reinforcements and had turned our trap around. But then I saw what it was and it was so much worse. There were ten ‘Mechs advancing on us, headed up by one of those Warwolf things and with a mess of other Wolf heavies and mediums behind us. One of them called out a challenge to one of the Irregulars, a guy called Randy who had apparently done him some great injustice in past.

Not that this was about just him, mind you, as they made their intent clear straight out. The Warwolf simply perforated (deleted) Scout Lead’s Cadaver with a single shot, ripping straight through its torso. I saw him eject, but there was no way that we were going to be able to retrieve him, given that we suddenly had a pile of Wolfs bearing down on us. The Irregulars didn’t help none neither, taking out the last of Scout lance while ripping chunks out of my lance’s Cataplut.

More importantly, they were suddenly cut off from the rest of their forces. I figured that we were better off working together rather then letting the Clanners pick us apart, and offered them an option of retreating south back to our lines. At the same time, I was desperately calling in artillery support to cover us. They agreed, figuring that we were probably the lesser of the two evils or something.

Their Stalker helped us pull back by spreading smoke missiles across the battlefield, cutting off the Wolfs’ long-range weapons and buying us some time. We needed it two, as once of their lances was fitted out entirely with fast mediums who simply ran through the smoke and kept harassing our forces as a pack while we pulled back. A few of their heavies were also joining in the fray; a Mad Cat was taking shots at my own Wammer, and was carving up huge chunks of my armour.

The Irregulars Uziel kept bouncing about their lines, helping to keep them off-balance and break up their lines. We got lucky when we managed to take out a Fenris, though by that point everyone was ragged. I reckon the Stalker was nearly stripped of armour, while my own Wammer weren’t doing much better. I knocked the Mad Cat down an’ while that didn’t stop it, that did buy us some time as it were no longer vomiting lasers and LRMs at us.

And then we got our break. Smoke shells began raining down from our artillery, creating the cover we needed to escape. I lead our two groups further south, figuring we could negotiate some sort of deal later when we didn’t have nine angry clanners riding our asses. What I didn’t expect was what (deleted) the major did next. She’d called up the rest of the unit and had them lying in wait for us, leaving the Irregulars facing a wall of ‘Mechs and tanks. She demanded that they power down and surrender, which they really didn’t have much of a choice about. They were carted off, while the Major congratulated me for dropping their ‘Mechs in their lap. Never mind that she’d just lost four of her own (including her own (deleted) one of her officers) but she was acting like it was Christmas all of a sudden.

And then I was accosted by Captain MacDougal who demanded to know why I’d left his boy behind. It weren’t like I really had a chance to get him back; he went down behind the Clan lines, and only one of my ‘Mechs had hands (And it’s not like a Thud is exactly a speed machine neither). The Major managed to appease him somewhat by saying she had a plan.

Me? Personally, I feel like ass. I mean, the Irregulars are our enemies and all, but they did help my lance escape and keep my men alive. It just don’t seem right to treat them like this.

Nav_Alpha

• Major
« Reply #217 on: 21 January 2018, 03:23:36 »
So Randy’s arch-nemesis returns!
Meanwhile, is the Whammy pilot the one who was mentioned ages ago? Talk of a younger, idiot brother, etc? It was all audio files of people who didn’t get named but were somehow linked.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #218 on: 21 January 2018, 04:56:18 »
So Randy’s arch-nemesis returns!
Meanwhile, is the Whammy pilot the one who was mentioned ages ago? Talk of a younger, idiot brother, etc? It was all audio files of people who didn’t get named but were somehow linked.

Very good! Nice job remembering something... a long time ago. Long, long time ago.

It's the minor details that you have to play attention to.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #219 on: 28 January 2018, 02:48:17 »
Journal Extract 75324-Rho

Remember what I said about the kids being walking security leaks? Well, if anything, I seem to have underestimated the risk they represented.

Jessie isn’t that stupid. Hopelessly naive, in over her head and being pushed way past her capability because of her parentage, yes, but not actually stupid. And let’s be honest here, she’s far from the first child of a mercenary commander to be promoted simply because of her parentage. In a family run unit like this, it’s inevitable; you just have to hope that the child is up to the task. In Jessie’s case, the answer is ‘no’, and I can’t see any way that she would ever run the unit on her own.

Ronnie is that stupid, but that’s another matter.

Thanks to Jessie’s actions, the unit had captured four of Magyari’s MechWarriors. They had also lost Ronnie to the unexpected Wolf attack. And while I would be tempted to let the Wolves have him, the major, of course, had other plans. (Not that Big Ron would have let her do otherwise, what with Ronnie being his son). No, Connie had a plan, one that was going to get her what she wanted and strike a blow to her apparent enemy.

Having gathered just how angry the Wolves were at the Irregulars (and at one of them in specific) she was going to use them as a bargaining chip. She was going to trade the four of them to the Wolves for the four MechWarriors the they had captured. And for the deal, she was going to keep the Irregulars’ BattleMechs for her own. Trading three lights and a medium for an assault, two heavies and a medium seems like a good deal, especially when you figure that they got an advanced Clantech Omni out of it. It’d work well and suit my goals, although personally, I would have been tempted to let the Wolves have Ronnie, but I don’t get to make those sorts of decisions.

Jessie went and threw a king-sized wrench into all of that. Apparently she felt bad about Oda et al getting locked up and having their ‘Mechs confiscated after she was just trying to save their lives. Apparently the fact that the Irregulars are our current operational enemies had nothing to do with it, and that does get me. It’s not like Jessie hasn’t been in an operational campaign before, and she certainly has taken prisoners and confiscated BattleMechs in past (Like the Cataplut in her lance). Why this time was different was beyond me. Maybe it was because she and the Irregulars had cooperated to keep each other alive she felt she owed them or something.

Anyway, she headed down to the lock-up (and I mean an actual police lock-up in one of the ruined cities the unit has been using as a base) to negotiate a deal. Though our prisoners were proving to be rather inventive in and of themselves in trying to get out of there. Aardvarkssen had managed to rip the bunk off the cell wall, and was in the process of dismantling it for parts by the time she got there. And even though she had no authority to do such, Jessie first told them about the Major’s plans for them. Then she negotiated a deal whereby if the four of them rescued Ronnie (and the other members of his lance) she would get them their release and their ‘Mechs back. And yes, she just flushed away any advantage we could have gotten out of this mess.

Suffice it to say, they agreed and were able to make a discrete departure with their confiscated gear and a pair of our jeeps. Obviously I wasn’t there for what happened, but I managed to piece it together from various accounts.

The Wovles had taken over an abandoned town (one killed by Ahsburton’s decades of economic malaise following the Jihad) and parked their ships there. They had the two Broadswords that had carried their ‘Mechs, as well as a troop carrier packed full of conventional infantry for security. Unfortunately, they weren’t aware of the full extent of the Irregulars’ skillset. Oda is a skilled infiltrator, while Aardvarkssen was raised in the Rasalhauge Dominion, and thus knows a lot about how to act like a clan warrior. With a uniform that Oda had procured, he was able to infiltrate the Wolf force and find out where the prisoners were being held.

Having located their objective, the lance split into two teams. Aardvarkssen and Oda secured the prisoners by entering through a skylight. In Aardvarkssen’s case, he literally dropped in on them by jumping on and crushing the Wolf warrior keeping watch on them. In order to cover their escape, Zhen and Georges arranged for a distraction and snuck onto one of the Wolf Broadswords. They set off a bomb or something inside of it, which drew just about everyone in town away while allowing the four of them and the prisoners to slip away unharmed.

Of course, when they got back was when the drek hit the fan. The Major had found out that the prisoner had escaped, and put everyone on alert. A lookout had reported the jeeps returning, so she had mustered everyone to meet them in the pre-dawn. When she found that it was the Irregulars with her captured MechWarirors (including her own son) she was basically forced to concede to the deal that Jessie had made with them, letting the Irregulars walk off with their BattleMechs. It wasn’t like Big Ron would have given her an option either, given that he was getting his son back from the deal.

So as soon as the Irregulars were away, she publicly berated Jessie in front of the entire unit.

This is a complete disaster, to say the least. On the tactical side of it, we lost four BattleMechs for no gain whatsoever. We also probably made an enemy out of the Wolves as well, but they’re more likely going to be focusing on the Irregulars for now. On the long-term operational side of it, there’s the distinct possibility that Magyari is going to be able to deduce the unit’s identity, which blows our secrecy. When the Major found out who the Ashburton government had hired to deal with the pirate problem, she was giddy with glee at the thought of honouring her stupid family vendetta. And now it could backfire on us completely.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #220 on: 28 January 2018, 02:55:47 »
From the personal journal of Irisz Magyari

The last twenty-four hours did a fantastic job of upending this entire campaign in a number of different ways. I shouldn’t be surprised that Assault Lance was in the middle of all of it either.

First of all, the Wolves. Okay, so we have done a good job of annoying them, granted, and I kind of understand why they would come after us. First we humiliated them on Keystone, stole a huge pile of parts and disrupted OmniMech production. Then we repeated the process on Kaldiassia, including destroying a prototype OmniMech. Finally, we started a rebellion on Shasta, destroyed half a cluster and sent the rest into a tailspin of crashing morale. I suspect that the Wolves that followed us here to Ashburton are the same ones that were burning towards Shasta as we left.

We’re going to have to take time out from the campaign to deal with them, because we can’t just ignore them. The best way to do such is to convince the Wolves that it’s no longer worth their time and effort to chase after us, but at the same time do it in a moderately clean manner that will play to their sense of honour. Just bearing down on them en masse with artillery and Aerospace support is only going to make them even angrier at us, and personally, I could use less enemies.

Which brings me to the next big problem, being the mercs apparently hired by the Regulans to play pirate. Based on the information that Oda et all bought back, we’ve been able to make a tentative identification of the unit. Unfortunately, it appears to be Raymond’s Roughnecks, a unit that a) has a long standing vendetta (like about one hundred and thirty years) vendetta against mine and b) was supposed to have been destroyed in the Jihad (Although you could ask the Black Cobras and Bronson’s Horde how that worked out). Now I have no idea if their current commander is intent on continuing that feud given that it was supposedly over before my father was born, but I also would rather not have it hanging over me regardless. And I can’t just assume that they’re over it as well.

So now we need to deal with them, both as an enemy force that needs to be eliminated as an operational objective and as a potentially personal threat.

Supposedly the Roughnecks were destroyed during the Jihad. Annika’s journals mention the clashes between them and the Irregulars, including Nina Raymond’s death. However, I also look at those journals and notice just how much of them has been redacted by parties unknown. So it’s possible if I read between the lines that the Roughnecks escaped and hid out somewhere in the Periphery for decades, possibly even operating under a different name. (Randy did mention that he heard a lot of Taurian accents, which would fit with that theory). And somebody who does that isn’t likely to let go of the past in a hurry.

Based in what they gave me, the Roughnecks have a company of BattleMechs (now less once lance) including at least one Clantech ‘Mech. They have at least a company of armour plus artillery support, as well as a mixture of conventional and Battle Armour infantry. Finally, they have at least two Dropships, one of which is a Union. So that’s more paper strength then we have, although we don’t know much about their deployment and tactics as yet or how deep their support is. Takahashi reported that they were allready beginning repairs on Assault Lance’s ‘Mechs before they were retrieved, save for Zhen’s Vulture (Which could simply mean that they didn’t carry a stock of the specialty parts it needs).

The other thing we need to do is figure out the people behind them; know your enemy and all that. I’ve put together a few preliminary thoughts based on what Assault Lance reported from their observations, just in the hope that we can figure out something.

• Major Raymond – female, middle aged; commander of the unit both based on rank compared to size and observed behaviour; MechWarrior. Angry but driven. Doesn’t like us. Mother to Jessie and Ronnie. Willing to use her son as a bargaining chip against us.
  • Baseball Cap Flannel Shirt – no name known; male, middle aged. Officer or otherwise important position, does not appear to be a MechWarrior. Father of Ronnie; showed more concern for “his boy” then Major Raymond’s plans. May not be Jessie’s father.
  • Jessie (Jessica Bruce) Raymond – female, mid-20s?; lieutenant ; MechWarrior. Daughter of Major Raymond, sister of Ronnie Raymond. Heavy lance commander, but rank could be due to parentage more then ability. Seems to be a somewhat naive or socially inept. Pilots a Warhammer IIC.
  • Ronnie Raymond – male, mid-20s; lieutenant, MechWarrior. Son of Major Raymond and Baseball Cap Flannel Shirt; brother of Jessie. Was commander of recon lance, but currently effectively dispossessed. Seems to have higher ambitions; has been seen trying to recruit other MechWarriors on his own rather then through the unit. If I was to hazard a guess, I would say that he is the younger sibling.

When we get back to Galatea, we’re going to have to do a lot of research. Of course, first thing we need to do is get through this mess.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #221 on: 05 February 2018, 05:49:55 »
Stalking the Wolf

From Mercenary Campaigns of the 32nd Century, Galatea Free Press

The arrival of a Wolf Empire unit on Ashburton in pursuit of Magyari’s Irregulars was not an entirely unexpected development. The mercenary unit had clashed with the Wolf Empire three times in the last year on worlds they occupied, and in each case come out victorious.

The first was on Keystone, where the Irregulars sized a considerable store of Clantech parts while disrupting production of the Tomahawk II OmniMech. Not only did the Irregulars brush aside a Kappa Galaxy tank force, but they also used the clans’ own honour rules against them to outmanoeuvre and escape a frontline unit from Beta Galaxy. The second of these saw them raid Kalidassa, again disrupting BattleMech production on-world. In the process they destroyed or disabled a number of Theta Galaxy BattleMechs; furthermore, unconfirmed reports claim that they destroyed a prototype OmniMech.

It was the third of these attacks that was likely the most damaging, however. Dropping onto Shasta, the Irregulars fermented a rebellion amongst the native population while mauling the garrisoning Wolf unit and nearly killing their commander. This attack sent shockwaves through the Wolf Empire’s Mu Galaxy, which was already understrength and suffering from low morale. Which resulted in a wave of desertions and insurrections within the Galaxy.

With their high-profile presence on Ashburton, only a single jump away from Shasta, the Irregulars were well within striking distance of the wolves. A Beta Galaxy unit, the same one that they had evaded on Keystone, was sent after the unit in order to avenge the blows the Mercenaries had dealt to their honour. The Wolves had no intention of attacking the planetary defence forces or seizing the world, just destroying the one mercenary unit.

Presented with this threat, Major irisz Magyari chose to attack it head-on. Knowing that the Wolves would continue to disrupt her unit’s operations and prevent them from fulfilling their contract, she decided to force their hand. Her hope was not only to drive them off the world, but also to stop them from attacking her unit again. Gambling on the Wolves’ own need for honourable conduct, she travelled to their forward base and challenged them to an effective trial of refusal against their grievance. Coached by a couple of her MechWarriors, Major Magyari delivered a proper batchal that the Wolves accepted. The terms of the fight pitted her BattleMech company against the Wolves’ Binary (Which was already down one OmniMech).

Magyari knew she had to win the fight on what would be seen as fair terms. While she didn’t expect the Wolves to honour zellbrigen against mercenaries, at the same time, she expected that they would conduct themselves with some degree of honourable conduct. As such, she would do the same. No massed fire, no hidden units in ambush, no aerospace support and so on. It was a calculated risk, but still better than waiting for the Wolves to come to them.

The battle started badly for the Wolves, as they were now down to only eight BattleMechs, following an attack on their dropship that had disabled one of them. Despite being outnumbered, they gave a good initial showing, dealing considerable damage to several of Magyari’s ‘Mechs at long ranges before closing in. At the same time, lighter Wolf ‘Mechs were harrying the Irregualrs’ flanks, making the most of their speed.

Things turned against the Wolves rather suddenly when a freak shot decapitated a Mad Cat, depriving them of one of their most powerful machines before it had a chance to fully utilise its firepower. Despite the loss, they pressed on, closing ranks and bringing even more firepower to bear. Magyari’s company pulled back to consolidate their numbers, while sending forth an expeditionary force of heavy ‘mechs to isolate the Wolves remaining heavies. This served to break up the Wolf lines, and stop them from concentrating their forces.

Despite this, the Wolves had inflicted considerable damage on a number of the Irregulars ‘Mechs, including Major Magyari’s. They were not able to leverage this advantage before losing two more of their own, a Tundra Wolf and an Arctic Wolf II that both went down quickly. Realising that he was now outnumbered more than two to one, and noting how much damage his forces had suffered (Including his Warwolf losing most of its armour) Star Captain Lucius Radrick requested hegira, knowing that victory was unlikely and that any efforts to prolong the battle would likely increase his losses.

Magyari had effectively ended the threat. By demonstrating to the Wolves that she could beat them under their rules, she had shown that any efforts to prolong the feud would only cost them more. Under the terms Radrick had agreed to, his forces retreated off-world. But the Wolves still had one last part to play in the Ashburton campaign.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #222 on: 18 February 2018, 19:50:42 »
Ashburton National News, 12th December, 3145 (Extract)

Hambone: We begin tonight with startling developments coming out of parliament in Batman. The government was shocked today when opposition leader, Devon Wainwright, revealed that he and his Re-Monarchist party had been actively aiding the various pirate groups that have been responsible for numerous attacks across the planet. For more information, we cross to our political correspondent, Rachel Drew.

Drew: Thank you for that, Brian. This move on Devon Wainwright’s part was not only completely shocking but also unexpected. Wainwright had called a press conference for this afternoon when it was expected that he would make a major announcement with regards to the pirate issue. Instead, he delivered a prepared statement that nobody expected.

Wainwright: I colluded with the pirates as in order to bring down the government and restore my family to power. I provided them with funding, resources and equipment in order to conduct their operations. Members of my own family were among their leaders, and had been positioned to ensure that the pirate bands followed my directives and attacked the targets that would be most beneficial to myself and my party. I, and my family and members of my party, have been actively supporting them for over a decade now.

Drew: After finishing his statement, Mister Wainwright voluntarily surrendered himself to the federal police, and has been detained for questioning. However, all indications are that he has been willing to provide the government and SAFE with information regarding his activities.

Hambone: Do we know what bought on this sudden revelation?

Drew: This comes on the back of a busy two weeks for Mister Wainwright. While he had previously been critical of the government’s decision to hire mercenaries to combat the pirates, he had stepped up his opposition in the light of the Wolf Empire’s attack on Ashburton. Wainwright had blamed the government for bringing the Clans down on the world through the presence of the Mercenaries. After the Clans had been reported to have left Ashburton, Wainwright announced his intention to open negotiations with the pirates in order to end what he called their ‘rain of terror’.

Hambone: Do we know anything about those negotiations?

Drew: While we do not know what happened with Wainwright, we do know a few facts. He flew out earlier this week with a small staff to begin negotiations. It was only after he left that the government confirmed that their mercenaries had achieved a major victory over the pirates, defeating several large bands. However, it now seems that Wainwright might have opted to give up the pirates, even though they were apparently previously his allies.

Hambone: And as yet has there been any evidence to support his statement?

Drew: Brian, in the last hour, Government sources have confirmed that one of the captured pirate leaders was Jeremy Wainwright, the nephew of Devon Wainwright. You may recall that Jeremy Wainwright was the member for Monash until he was forced to resign following a scandal three years ago. He subsequently dropped out of the public light, but it now appears that he had found other employment.

Hambone: So what does this mean for the federal parliament?

Drew: As you know the Re-Monarchist party is the largest single opposition party in parliament. They in turn were in a coalition with the Ecologist party and several other minor parties to oppose the Progress Party’s substantial majority. Whole normally this would require the Re-Monarchists to select a new leader, I can reveal that now the entire party is under investigation. And while Ecologist party leader Bryan Taupe tried to distance himself from Wainwright, questions must now be asked about their involvement with their coalition partners.

Hambone: So we can expect a few more resignations in the days to come?

Drew: That’s more then likely, Brian. It’s expected that numerous members of the Re-Monarchist Party will step down in the next few days, especially given the number who have claimed no knowledge of Wainwright’s involvement with the pirates. However, there is also the expectation that a number will come under investigation themselves at all levels of the party.

Hambone: So we could be seeing the end of this coalition?

Drew: Possibly of the entire Re-Monarchist party, Brian. This is looking to be the biggest shake-up in Ashburton politics in decades.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #223 on: 18 February 2018, 19:51:33 »

Dirty tricks are a part of the mercenary trade. No unit can stay ‘clean’ forever, and sooner or later you’re going to have to do something a little dubious to get your way. And sometimes, it actually ends up that you’re doing the right thing, even if you’re going about it in the least ethical ways possible.

Case in point, what we did to Devon Wainwright. We’d had concerns about him ever since we landed on Ashburton, based on the information we’d been provided on his family’s involvement with the pirates. He had a clear motivation too; overthrow the government and restore the planetary monarchy with his family at the top, and go back to how things had been for the last few hundred years before the Jihad.

Wainwright had been the biggest opponent of the government hiring us, and had been somewhat opportunistic about it. While he was correct in blaming us for the Wolf attack, we had a lot of questions as to how he found out about it. Analysis of the footage he leaked to the media revealed that it had come form one of the Roughnecks’ ‘Mechs, which we took as proof of a link between the two. So when he announced that he was flying out to meet the pirates to open negotiations towards a settlement, we decided to make a move on him.

Ironically, the Wolves provided us with the perfect opportunity to bring him in without arousing his suspicion. After flying in to the region, Wainwright was traveling by a private car to his rendezvous, when a pair of Wolf ‘Mechs, a Mad Cat Mk IV and a Vulture Mk IV appeared and began chasing after it. Fortunately for Wainwright, a Roughnecks Lamprey was on-hand to evacuate him and get him away from the Wolf attack.

Of course, the Clan ‘Mechs were piloted by me and Zhen, and the Lamprey was being flown by Katrya. And had Oda, Georges and Aardvarkssen on board.

Wainwright was livid about being attacked by the Wolves after we had supposedly driven them off, and thus played right into our hands. He never once questioned the identity of his rescuers, having simply been glad to get away from the “clanners”. He assumed that his rescuers were from the Roughnecks and spilled the beans to them while blaming Major Raymond for the situation. In short, he was in league with the Regulans, aiming to destabilise and overthrow the planetary government and have his family reinstated. Then in return for their support, he’d declare Ashburton’s allegiance to Regulus and in doing such, take a chunk out of the FWL’s narrow bridge.

And when he landed and found out who he was actually talking to, he was aghast. He ordered his bodyguards to take out myself and the others, only to find that they were quickly disarmed and disabled. I mean, Haki threw one of them at another. It doesn’t get too much more intimidating then that. I ‘suggested’ that he speak to his allies so that we could make arrangements to end this mess, with Wainwright agreeing for a number of reasons, not the least of which was the presence of said large Viking. I only heard one side of his conversation with Major Raymond, but I could get enough of it to know she wasn’t happy.

He arranged a meeting between the two of us; the traditional ‘mercenary commanders meet and work out a deal to minimise losses’ arrangement that has been a staple of mercenary commands going back to the Third Succession War. Calling it tense would be an understatement. Major Connie Raymond was furious, and only just hiding it, but I couldn’t tell what annoyed her more. That her liaison (ie, Wainwright) was basically pulling out his support for her and leaving her high and dry, or that she was being forced to negotiate with me. (Or, for that matter, the fact that I even exist). She was glaring daggers, but she had no real option. She could either stay on-world without any support and risk further losses, or quit now while she could. Given that she was allready down four ‘Mechs with nothing to show for it, she took the latter option, with a guarantee of safe passage off-world. That would still leave her at the mercies of her employer, but it was still better then the other option.

That just left the pirates to deal with. After a bit more encouragement, Wainwright gave up several pirate groups, including one lead by his nephew. We hit them all at once, ensuring that no one of them could escape or warn the others. Our loses were light, but the Pirates were functionally destroyed.

Of course, now the planetary government has been thrown into confusion even after we got rid of the pirates and the Wolves. Wainwright publicly confessed to what he was doing, but was careful to leave the Regulans out of it. I can understand why; there’s no need to aggravate an allready tense situation, and it allows SAFE to keep a lid on tensions. He’s been arrested (and resigned) while it looks like his own party falling apart. On the other hand, Prime Minister McNally was quick to congradulate me on our victory, and feels that we’ve managed to effectively end the pirate threat. Which means that our contract here is coming to an end.

Which I’m all for, as I think I’ve had enough of planetary politics for now.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #224 on: 04 March 2018, 02:31:10 »
Irisz,

You asked me to do some digging into these re-emerged Roughnecks. This is the best that myself and the others you put on job were able to put together. I admit there’s a fair amount of speculation in filling in the gaps, but I think it’s solid enough.

Raymond’s Roughnecks were employed by the Word of Blake during the jihad. The unit was functionally destroyed in 3075 in combat with the Irregulars. Nina Raymond, the unit’s then commander, died in single combat with Annika Magyari. Colin Raymond, her older son, was captured; Bruce Raymond, her younger, survived and escaped with the rest of the command. From there we lose track of them, but conventional wisdom holds that they remained in the Word’s employ and were merged down into another command before being finally destroyed during operation SCOUR. (The MRBC’s claim that all the units that worked for the Word were destroyed has since been proven erroneous)

In the mid 3080s, a unit identified as Barret’s Bushrangers emerged in the Herotitus hiring halls, and were immediately snapped up by the Taurian Concordat. The unit was lead by one Bruce Barrett, a commander of unknown providence but clear prior experience. It’s worth noting that such is not exceptional in the Periphery mercenary market by any stretch of the imagination. The Bushrangers were a small command, equipped with a mixed force of battered Battlemechs and vehicles.

Despite the market they were working in, the Bushrangers managed to survive and grow over the years. They primarily worked for the Taurian Concordat, but also saw service with the other rimward states and minor powers. The unit proved to be particularly adept at pirate hunting, and was responsible for the destruction of several notable bands during their career. At some point around 3118, command of the unit passed to Coleen Barrett, the daughter of its previous commander (and presumably granddaughter of Bruce).

Under her command, the unit began seeking out contracts in the Inner Sphere. In 3121, the Bushrangers suffered substantial losses fighting against the DCMS on Misery, including their XO, Shane Packard. (Whom Jessie Raymond has identified as being her father). The unit then drops off the map.

The second unit to be involved in this is McDougall’s Iron Hose, an armour and infantry command. In 3122, the Iron Horse suffered severe losses while under contract to the Regulans, and apparently were dissolved, removing them from the MRBC rolls. The information supplied by Jessie Raymond indicated that Ron McDougall had married her mother, Connie Raymond, as a part of a merger between the two units. This union also produced a son, Ronnie Raymond.

Raymond’s Roughnecks first reappear in 3133 as a part of the Outreach Revival movement. The unit was apparently registered by the MRBC, however given the commission’s weakened state, they took little or no action to verify the connection to the prior incarnation. However, it seems no action was taken to follow through on the outstanding warrants held over the unit (Even though the provisions of Kings’ Tigers vs MRBC would have made it clear that the Roughnecks would have little to answer for). A cursory check of the (limited) information they provided to the MRBC lists Connie Raymond as the commander, and Ron McDougall as her XO. If there is more, it’s still on Outreach behind the walls of Fortress Republic.

Given the current dire state of the MRBC and the amount of contracts that are taken off the record, we cannot find much about the unit’s operational history since then. I can confirm that they were active in the Komorphoros civil war in 3137-38 working for the government, and apparently grew considerably of salvage and remnants of other units. Sometime in the last two-three years, Jessie and Ronnie Raymond both became active in the unit as Mechwarrior lieutenants, presumably being groomed to eventually take command of the unit.

Given the evidence available, especially Jessie Raymond’s own recall, I have to conclude that Raymond’s Roughnecks and Barret’s Bushrangers are one and the same. The most logical series of events is that Bruce Raymond and the remnants of the Roughnecks fled to the periphery and took refuge in the Concordat. He reformed the unit under an assumed identity, presumably to keep below the radar of Bounty Hunters and outstanding warrants. The unit continued to operate like this until Coleen Barret (nee Colleen Raymond) took control of it and returned to the Inner Sphere proper.

After the losses suffered on Misery (including the death of her husband and XO), the unit merged with McDougall’s Iron Horse. Based on Ronnie Raymond’s age, this happened no later then 3122. At or before this point, the unit had presumably returned to using the Raymond’s Roughnecks name, including Coleen/Connie reclaiming her surname (and thus passing it to her children).

The big problem is that I am still missing a gap from 3122 to 3133. It is possible that the unit continued to operate out of Herotitus during this time under its new name and thus was not subject to MRBC oversight. Another possibility is that the unit worked entirely outside of any regulatory agency during that period, or even continued to use the Barret’s Bushrangers name. Unfortunately, without access to HPG communication, it will take months if not years to retrieve any information from Herotitus.

The real threat comes in Connie Raymond’s apparent willingness to continue the feud between our two units. Mercenary history is rife with such feuds, and the consequences of them. The last thing we want is something blowing up in our faces because she’s still angry over something that happened a hundred and thirty years ago.

I’ve also expanded on my profiles of the key unit members.

Connie Raymond (aka Coleen Barrett): Born c3090, Periphery, presumed grand-daughter of Bruce Raymond. Major, commander of Raymond’s Rougnecks. A MechWarrior, but we have not yet been able to identify her individual BattleMech. Determined and driven, but clearly carries a lot of anger and resentment. If I was to speculate, I would imagine that her family being effectively exiled to the periphery and unable to use their real names did a lot to fuel her resentment of us and her desire to continue the feud. Raymond also exhibited something of a ruthless streak when she was willing to use her own son as a bargaining chip against us.

Ron “Big Ron” McDougall: born 3090, Galatea. A born Mercenary brat, Ron McDougall inherited the gutted wreckage of McDougall’s Iron horse in 3122. He and Connie Raymond formed an alliance to salvage both their units through merging them, with a dynastic marriage sealing the deal. Unlike Connie, Big Ron is far more relaxed and moderate, and clearly shows a lot deeper concern for the lives of his men (especially his son, Ronnie). The unit’s XO and a tank commander, he apparently prefers to lead from in the field. Big Ron does seem to be some sort of moderating influence on the unit as a whole, and does not seem to have any stake in the ongoing feud.

Jessie Raymond: born c3120, unknown; daughter of Connie Raymond and Shane Packard (deceased); Connie’s oldest child and only from her first marriage. A decent MechWarrior, Jessie is a lieutenant largely due to her parentage more then anything else, but shows little skill or aptitude for command. She comes off as somewhat socially inept and reserved, and somewhat naive. She also does not seem to have any stake in the ongoing feud, but is more going along with it because of her mother. Jessie is a useful weak link in the unit that could prove to be a valuable source of information. Given that she is currently in poor standing with her mother, she might even be convinced to leave the unit.

Ronnie Raymond: born c3122, unknown; son of Connie Raymond and Ron McDougall. Connie’s second child. A MechWarrior and officer, Ronnie shows only marginal skills for either, and again appears to have been promoted largely due to his parentage rather then any actual talent. Overly ambitious (and possibly somewhat resentful), Ronnie has been observed trying to recruit outside of the unit; whether this is to build a core of supporters loyal to him or even his trying to build his own unit is unknown. Regardless, Ronnie does seem to be loyal to the unit and his mother’s goals, whatever they may be.

Nav_Alpha

• Major
« Reply #225 on: 04 March 2018, 16:59:02 »
Interesting! I have to say though - I'm a little disappointed the Bushrangers were a smokescreen. I really loved that name!

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #226 on: 05 March 2018, 00:48:15 »
King's Tigers is an amazing name for a unit, possibly my favorite non-canon unit name since Morimoto's Immortals.

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #227 on: 05 March 2018, 00:59:21 »
King's Tigers is an amazing name for a unit, possibly my favorite non-canon unit name since Morimoto's Immortals.

Thanks. One of these days I will do something with it

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #228 on: 10 August 2021, 22:08:11 »
And to anyone who was following it, here's the summary of the last session which I never posted here for whatever reason.

-----

There are a number of different approaches you can take to dealing with a problem. Being nice to it is one of the most under-rated.

When we got back to Galatea I tasked Nikola with chasing down as much intel as possible on the reborn Roughnecks. What little I’d gathered so far did not paint a pleasant picture of them, specifically their commander, Connie Raymond. The first-hand observations that Assault lance made while in captivity (Randy especially; his past as a journalist is good for that) told me a lot about her, not the least of which was that she was determined to carry on the century-and-some old feud between our two families.

However, they took it upon themselves to gather some information on their own, based on past encounters they’d had with members of the Roughnecks (ironically before they knew who they were). And by that it turns out that they ran into Jessie Raymond having lunch at Tharonja’s, as they have done before in past.

Given what he now knew about her, Haki took the lead by being nice to her, which was really the opening he needed. Within minutes she was basically unloading her life story at him, explaining how she had been in her mother’s bad books due to her decision to help the members of Assault Lance, rather than let them be used as hostages. As a result, Connie Raymond – her own mother - had basically shouted her down in front of the rest of the unit, humiliating her in front of not only her comrades but also her immediate family. And even after they had withdrawn from Ashburton and travelled back to Galatea, Connie had continued to remind Jessie of her mistake.

Haki’s response was to try to cheer her up, to offer her a shoulder to cry on and to make her feel better about herself. He’d offered her genuine friendship, something that she seemed to have a shortage of in her own life. And on top of that, he’d told her that she could contact him any time if she wanted to talk.

Clearly he’d had an effect on her. A week later, Jessie showed up on our doorstep, complete with her BattleMech, asking if we were looking for new hires. And I took her in.
I chose to engage with her, not only as her new commander but also again trying to be her friend. It became clear to me that she definitely needed the latter. I’m not trying to put her down when I say that she does have her own issues. Putting aside our family history, it’s clear that her mother has been overbearing and pushing Jessie hard to be not only a MechWarrior but also an officer and her heir. And while Jessie is clearly talented as the former, she’s also socially awkward to the point of being introverted, and took up the latter two roles because she couldn’t say no to her own mother.

In many ways, her experience is the opposite of mine. My father wanted me to be his heir, and I was all for it. Conversely, Connie Raymond projected her expectations onto Jessie without any thought as to Jessie’s own wants, needs or suitability for the role.

Of course, I know that Connie Raymond is not going to take this well, and I know that it’s only going to intensify her own hatred towards me. I’d like to think that it could give her cause to step back and examine her choices that led to this point, but I know it’s not going to happen.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #229 on: 10 August 2021, 22:11:49 »
Audio Log File #75944-Rho

Irisz Magyari: Did you want something?

Hadrian Cartwright: Just thought you’d like to know that I’ve finished the medical on our new recruit.

Magyari: And how did it go?

Cartwright: She’s in good shape for her age. A few old injuries that are likely the result of her growing up in a mercenary environment, seeing active combat and the like, but nothing even remotely serious. Her diet could be a bit better, but I’d say that of a lot of your troops if I could be honest.

Magyari: So no real problems or risks there?

Cartwright: Definitely not. I’ve cleared for active duty.

Magyari: Thank you for that. [Pause] And the other thing?

Cartwright: Checked against MRBC databases. I’m afraid to say that her mother is indeed who they claim to be.

Magyari: I see. I guess it was too much to hope for otherwise.

Cartwright: Carpe vinum and all that, Major. If there’s nothing else?

Magyari: That’s all, thank you.

[Pause]

Connie Raymond: Who are you and how did you get this number?

Cartwright: That is not important, Major Raymond, but what I have to say is.

Raymond: And what is that?

Cartwright: Your daughter, Jessica.

Raymond: What about her?

Cartwright: It appears that she’s not aware of her family secret; in fact, I’d dare say that nobody is, especially not her new employer. How much is it worth to you to keep it that way?

SteinerDontSurf

• Recruit
« Reply #230 on: 14 August 2021, 05:17:10 »
*error post*

Register