Author Topic: Online video com call for game  (Read 669 times)

ckosacranoid

• Lieutenant
Online video com call for game
« on: 15 November 2017, 17:02:56 »
I have been part of a group that has been playing Legend of the five rings for the past year or so easy. The gm and her boyfriend got home from a trip and the Sister in law went nuts. The thing is they are being forced to move to Ohio and three o f the players are here in ILL and one player who uses skype to get into the game. Now the thing we have to figure out is how to get anywhere from 3 cameras to maybe up to 5 for the game on video calls. I know many people on here do this all the time and know which platform works the best. Can you help us out with which platforms would be best how to do this?
Thank you guys for your help.

Luciora

• Major
Re: Online video com call for game
« Reply #1 on: 15 November 2017, 17:28:29 »
Skype is fine with multi conference calls so long as you have bandwidth.  Many online communities use Discord.  As for video, I've only used Skype from 1 person to another, never as part of a conference, and never used Discord for video.

Red Pins

• Major
  • Inspiration+Creativity=Insanity
« Reply #2 on: 16 November 2017, 03:26:23 »
Try Teamspeak - no video, voice only, free over the internet.  The headsets with mikes are fairly cheap now, use a cheap speaker or bluetooth it on your end if you have something available.
...Visit the Legacy Cluster...
The New Clans:Volume One
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Work-in-progress; The Blake Threat File
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!
TRO: 3176 Hegemony Refits - the 30-day wonder

guardiandashi

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 16 November 2017, 14:55:14 »
my group, have used:
teamspeak
ventrillo
mumble
and now we are using discord
discord has the advantage that while I am not sure it supports video directly, it does have a fairly easy to configure audio system, along with a text/chat sub system, and you can link pictures and small files up to I think ~8 mb directly in the app  you can also setup dedicated channels including restricted ones, and send messages to one person easily.

Register