Author Topic: Old Ral Partha 25mm MechWarriors?  (Read 41846 times)

Mendou

• Master Sergeant
Old Ral Partha 25mm MechWarriors?
« on: 04 October 2011, 22:08:50 »
Does IWM still have the molds for any of the old 25mm Battletech miniatures (for instance, the 20-900 Steiner MechWarriors 3-pack)? I remember seeing pictures of them in an old Ral Partha catalog ages ago, and unfortunately failed to order them at the time (20 years ago or so--I was in high school, and money was hard to come by for things like that at the time). These days even searching eBay only turns up the Davion JumpShip Crewman......

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
Re: Old Ral Partha 25mm MechWarriors?
« Reply #1 on: 05 October 2011, 03:32:10 »
I might be wrong, but I think the only ones they offer anymore are some troops from two of the different platoon sets. I'm wanting to say one was House Kurita Laser Platoon, or something like that? I don't think they offer a full set of either platoon though, and I believe you have to contact them directly to ask about them. I'm sure Speck or Sawbones know more about that than I do though.  :-\
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

Damage Inc.

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #2 on: 05 October 2011, 12:46:48 »
Do you mean this?

CranstonSnord

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 05 October 2011, 14:43:41 »
Last year for Origins and Gen Con, IWM had the platoon sets for the Kurita and Steiner troops; now you can only buy them individually. As far as the rest of the old 25mm figures, I *believe* they still have all the old molds. I don't know what shape they're in, but I seem to recall hearing that someone bought a full spin (~20 minis) of one of them (a Jumpship crewman maybe?) a few years ago. Maybe if you ask them real nice :-P

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: 05 October 2011, 19:39:33 »
We are in the process of getting this minis back out. We wanted to have them out at Gen Con but did not have time to find the master molds and create new productions molds off of them.

Mendou

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: 05 October 2011, 19:51:18 »
Good to know. Though I actually sent an email to Mike Noe about the Steiner MechWarriors an hour or two ago......

RJM

• Sergeant
  • "How do I define honor? Success." -Vlad Ward
« Reply #6 on: 05 October 2011, 22:27:19 »
We are in the process of getting this minis back out. We wanted to have them out at Gen Con but did not have time to find the master molds and create new productions molds off of them.

Awesome awesome awesome.

invallid effort

• Sergeant
  • Sandy as in short for Sandoval, Yamanashi!!!
« Reply #7 on: 12 October 2011, 18:20:08 »
Any chance of seeing like the Kurita DEST or say some Aerospace Pilot's?
"Fighting a Cauldron Born is a bit like fighting someone who shouts about lawn gnomes stealing their tea cozies, then punches you in the teeth."-Fallen_Raven

Nothing "frail" about tactical retreat

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #8 on: 12 October 2011, 19:31:50 »
Any chance of seeing like the Kurita DEST or say some Aerospace Pilot's?

Once we find the master molds of them we will have all of them up for sale.

Kovax

• Captain
  • Taking over the Universe one mapsheet at a time
« Reply #9 on: 14 October 2011, 15:53:34 »
Individual figures from the Kurita and Steiner platoons have been available for some time (either ordered direct or at the Iron Wind convention booths), but I'm looking forward to clamping my greedy claws onto some of the other "support" and Mechwarrior figures to round out the "set".  That will  be big news for both the RP players and the infantry-action enthusiasts.  Besides, it will give me figs to "more or less" go with a couple of the old Revell plastic 'Mechs, although the scale will be off a shade.

All of that should work nicely for skirmishes and "adventures" in a Hirst Arts sci-fi modular "dungeon".

Propnut

• Corporal
« Reply #10 on: 03 November 2011, 11:43:21 »
I have a set of those, still in the original orange blister pack. I think these were made in 1986 or so, and are lead. I didnt know there was much interest in the role playing game. I just got rid of all of my mechwarrior blister packs on the auction site. This one was down behind one of my display racks, must have fallen there at some point.

Lysenko

• Lieutenant
  • 15th Dracon: A Proud Tradition of Service
    • Polar Bear Dreams & Stranger Things
« Reply #11 on: 07 November 2011, 13:16:42 »
Privyet!

Good to hear! I only have a mechanic from back in the day, and I also have a..point?..of the Elementals.

Kos

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #12 on: 12 October 2012, 00:21:30 »
Any chance of an update on these minis?  I've been jonesin' for some Mechwarrior...

John_Hawk

• Sergeant
« Reply #13 on: 12 October 2012, 13:40:43 »
Actually I wonder if there would be a chance of getting new sculpts in 28 mm, to bring them in line with the recent battlearmor and other lines of miniatures.  It would be cool to have mechwarriors who are in scale with the BA.

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #14 on: 12 October 2012, 19:55:58 »
Update to 28mm is not likely to happen any time soon. But we are still hoping to have them released. The master molds have been found for the old 25mm miniatures.

Mendou

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #15 on: 12 October 2012, 20:02:19 »
Cool! I don't suppose you have any clue on a timeframe? I'd buy anything with "Steiner" in the name......

Kos

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #16 on: 13 October 2012, 02:14:09 »
Update to 28mm is not likely to happen any time soon. But we are still hoping to have them released. The master molds have been found for the old 25mm miniatures.

Sweet.  O0

StuartYee

• Lieutenant
  • "Now, let's add a couple of happy Death Commandos"
« Reply #17 on: 04 March 2014, 15:42:01 »

I know this is an older topic, but any update on the 25mm figures?

Ordered and rec'd several Kurita Troopers...awesome!

I'd love it if generic Mechwarrior figures would be available for ATOW.
"I can't save his life, it's too embarrassing!" - Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC SSC

Kos

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #18 on: 05 March 2014, 15:40:28 »
Yeah, it's been a couple of years but I'm still interested.  Has there been any progress on these?

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #19 on: 10 March 2014, 10:03:10 »
Nothing new to report, since there are no production molds for these new ones need to be made from masters. It has been a low priority due to contract work and new battletech releases needing molds done.

PINKNEY

• Recruit
« Reply #20 on: 19 March 2014, 19:03:05 »
Speck:

Appreciate the latest update.

I'll keep watching and hoping that IWM can ultimately get the MechWarrior figs back into limited production (website only I'd assume?).  I've got a decent collection of the old 25mm figures, and I'd certainly love to get my hands on more.

Would it help if multiple folks were willing to pony up archive+ fees after IWM gets fully settled into their new digs?  Know they've probably got tons of other things going on right now...but I'd be willing to pay decent change to get my hands on more Marik/Davion/Liao infantry in 25mm. 

StuartYee

• Lieutenant
« Reply #21 on: 19 March 2014, 19:07:49 »
Aside from the old molds, how difficult (comparatively) would it be to sculpt new figures for the RPG?

Speaking for myself, it'd be great to have Mechwarrior specific figures for the RPG, but I'm not married to the old sculpts!

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #22 on: 19 March 2014, 19:35:40 »
New sculpts I doubt would be done any time soon. Best we will get right now is the old figures back.

StoneRhino

• Captain
« Reply #23 on: 20 March 2014, 08:21:36 »
I'd love to see the old Battletroops minis going again. Let me rephrase that, I would love to be able to buy Battletroops minis regardless if they are the old Ral Partha models or something new by IWM. I'd like to see Battletroops revived as a game, or at least find a few people that would want to play it. Having a line of minis would really help, but are also just plain cool to have and paint.

Kos

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #24 on: 23 March 2014, 16:55:53 »
The classic sculpts are good for me, I like a lot of the 25mm Ral Partha stuff.  Sorry to hear that mold production will take a while but thanks for the update.

StuartYee

• Lieutenant
« Reply #25 on: 28 March 2014, 11:47:58 »
I'd love to see the old Battletroops minis going again. Let me rephrase that, I would love to be able to buy Battletroops minis regardless if they are the old Ral Partha models or something new by IWM. I'd like to see Battletroops revived as a game, or at least find a few people that would want to play it. Having a line of minis would really help, but are also just plain cool to have and paint.

A lot of the Kurita and Steiner troopers are still available directly through IWM.

Speck, given that some of those are in fact in production, is there anything along the lines of a squad or platoon set available? It'd be nice to get a pricing break to buy them by the squad or platoon like in the olden days.

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #26 on: 29 March 2014, 11:21:10 »
A lot of the Kurita and Steiner troopers are still available directly through IWM.

Speck, given that some of those are in fact in production, is there anything along the lines of a squad or platoon set available? It'd be nice to get a pricing break to buy them by the squad or platoon like in the olden days.

Will have to look into it

mechwarriorgarya

• Master Sergeant
  • Commanding man and machine since '94
« Reply #27 on: 18 September 2014, 08:29:51 »
Thread Resurrection...Curious if their is any update on the 25mm figure production.

Last reporting indicated the masters were found, but there was no time to make production molds.

Not sure if I missed anything along the way in another thread perhaps, but I hope these can still happen at some point.
One Species, One Realm - translation: Live by The League or Die by The League
Between the fall of the ancient Star League and the rise of the heirs of Steiner Davion there was an age undreamed of...

Alex Keller

• Captain
« Reply #28 on: 18 September 2014, 09:19:35 »
This is most interesting!  Where can we find images of the old (unavailable) Mechwarrior miniatures?

mechwarriorgarya

• Master Sergeant
  • Commanding man and machine since '94
« Reply #29 on: 18 September 2014, 09:21:48 »
This is most interesting!  Where can we find images of the old (unavailable) Mechwarrior miniatures?

You could try Google, I know the pics are out there somewhere or look for scanned copies of the old RP catalogs.
One Species, One Realm - translation: Live by The League or Die by The League
Between the fall of the ancient Star League and the rise of the heirs of Steiner Davion there was an age undreamed of...