Author Topic: Old Ral Partha 25mm MechWarriors?  (Read 41844 times)

Mendou

• Master Sergeant
Old Ral Partha 25mm MechWarriors?
« on: 04 October 2011, 22:08:50 »
Does IWM still have the molds for any of the old 25mm Battletech miniatures (for instance, the 20-900 Steiner MechWarriors 3-pack)? I remember seeing pictures of them in an old Ral Partha catalog ages ago, and unfortunately failed to order them at the time (20 years ago or so--I was in high school, and money was hard to come by for things like that at the time). These days even searching eBay only turns up the Davion JumpShip Crewman......

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
Re: Old Ral Partha 25mm MechWarriors?
« Reply #1 on: 05 October 2011, 03:32:10 »
I might be wrong, but I think the only ones they offer anymore are some troops from two of the different platoon sets. I'm wanting to say one was House Kurita Laser Platoon, or something like that? I don't think they offer a full set of either platoon though, and I believe you have to contact them directly to ask about them. I'm sure Speck or Sawbones know more about that than I do though.  :-\
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

Damage Inc.

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #2 on: 05 October 2011, 12:46:48 »
Do you mean this?

CranstonSnord

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 05 October 2011, 14:43:41 »
Last year for Origins and Gen Con, IWM had the platoon sets for the Kurita and Steiner troops; now you can only buy them individually. As far as the rest of the old 25mm figures, I *believe* they still have all the old molds. I don't know what shape they're in, but I seem to recall hearing that someone bought a full spin (~20 minis) of one of them (a Jumpship crewman maybe?) a few years ago. Maybe if you ask them real nice :-P

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: 05 October 2011, 19:39:33 »
We are in the process of getting this minis back out. We wanted to have them out at Gen Con but did not have time to find the master molds and create new productions molds off of them.

Mendou

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: 05 October 2011, 19:51:18 »
Good to know. Though I actually sent an email to Mike Noe about the Steiner MechWarriors an hour or two ago......

RJM

• Sergeant
  • "How do I define honor? Success." -Vlad Ward
« Reply #6 on: 05 October 2011, 22:27:19 »
We are in the process of getting this minis back out. We wanted to have them out at Gen Con but did not have time to find the master molds and create new productions molds off of them.

Awesome awesome awesome.

invallid effort

• Sergeant
  • Sandy as in short for Sandoval, Yamanashi!!!
« Reply #7 on: 12 October 2011, 18:20:08 »
Any chance of seeing like the Kurita DEST or say some Aerospace Pilot's?
"Fighting a Cauldron Born is a bit like fighting someone who shouts about lawn gnomes stealing their tea cozies, then punches you in the teeth."-Fallen_Raven

Nothing "frail" about tactical retreat

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #8 on: 12 October 2011, 19:31:50 »
Any chance of seeing like the Kurita DEST or say some Aerospace Pilot's?

Once we find the master molds of them we will have all of them up for sale.

Kovax

• Captain
  • Taking over the Universe one mapsheet at a time
« Reply #9 on: 14 October 2011, 15:53:34 »
Individual figures from the Kurita and Steiner platoons have been available for some time (either ordered direct or at the Iron Wind convention booths), but I'm looking forward to clamping my greedy claws onto some of the other "support" and Mechwarrior figures to round out the "set".  That will  be big news for both the RP players and the infantry-action enthusiasts.  Besides, it will give me figs to "more or less" go with a couple of the old Revell plastic 'Mechs, although the scale will be off a shade.

All of that should work nicely for skirmishes and "adventures" in a Hirst Arts sci-fi modular "dungeon".

Propnut

• Corporal
« Reply #10 on: 03 November 2011, 11:43:21 »
I have a set of those, still in the original orange blister pack. I think these were made in 1986 or so, and are lead. I didnt know there was much interest in the role playing game. I just got rid of all of my mechwarrior blister packs on the auction site. This one was down behind one of my display racks, must have fallen there at some point.

Lysenko

• Lieutenant
  • 15th Dracon: A Proud Tradition of Service
    • Polar Bear Dreams & Stranger Things
« Reply #11 on: 07 November 2011, 13:16:42 »
Privyet!

Good to hear! I only have a mechanic from back in the day, and I also have a..point?..of the Elementals.

Kos

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #12 on: 12 October 2012, 00:21:30 »
Any chance of an update on these minis?  I've been jonesin' for some Mechwarrior...

John_Hawk

• Sergeant
« Reply #13 on: 12 October 2012, 13:40:43 »
Actually I wonder if there would be a chance of getting new sculpts in 28 mm, to bring them in line with the recent battlearmor and other lines of miniatures.  It would be cool to have mechwarriors who are in scale with the BA.

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #14 on: 12 October 2012, 19:55:58 »
Update to 28mm is not likely to happen any time soon. But we are still hoping to have them released. The master molds have been found for the old 25mm miniatures.

Mendou

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #15 on: 12 October 2012, 20:02:19 »
Cool! I don't suppose you have any clue on a timeframe? I'd buy anything with "Steiner" in the name......

Kos

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #16 on: 13 October 2012, 02:14:09 »
Update to 28mm is not likely to happen any time soon. But we are still hoping to have them released. The master molds have been found for the old 25mm miniatures.

Sweet.  O0

StuartYee

• Lieutenant
  • "Now, let's add a couple of happy Death Commandos"
« Reply #17 on: 04 March 2014, 15:42:01 »

I know this is an older topic, but any update on the 25mm figures?

Ordered and rec'd several Kurita Troopers...awesome!

I'd love it if generic Mechwarrior figures would be available for ATOW.
"I can't save his life, it's too embarrassing!" - Arnold Judas Rimmer, BSC SSC

Kos

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #18 on: 05 March 2014, 15:40:28 »
Yeah, it's been a couple of years but I'm still interested.  Has there been any progress on these?

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #19 on: 10 March 2014, 10:03:10 »
Nothing new to report, since there are no production molds for these new ones need to be made from masters. It has been a low priority due to contract work and new battletech releases needing molds done.

PINKNEY

• Recruit
« Reply #20 on: 19 March 2014, 19:03:05 »
Speck:

Appreciate the latest update.

I'll keep watching and hoping that IWM can ultimately get the MechWarrior figs back into limited production (website only I'd assume?).  I've got a decent collection of the old 25mm figures, and I'd certainly love to get my hands on more.

Would it help if multiple folks were willing to pony up archive+ fees after IWM gets fully settled into their new digs?  Know they've probably got tons of other things going on right now...but I'd be willing to pay decent change to get my hands on more Marik/Davion/Liao infantry in 25mm. 

StuartYee

• Lieutenant
« Reply #21 on: 19 March 2014, 19:07:49 »
Aside from the old molds, how difficult (comparatively) would it be to sculpt new figures for the RPG?

Speaking for myself, it'd be great to have Mechwarrior specific figures for the RPG, but I'm not married to the old sculpts!

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #22 on: 19 March 2014, 19:35:40 »
New sculpts I doubt would be done any time soon. Best we will get right now is the old figures back.

StoneRhino

• Captain
« Reply #23 on: 20 March 2014, 08:21:36 »
I'd love to see the old Battletroops minis going again. Let me rephrase that, I would love to be able to buy Battletroops minis regardless if they are the old Ral Partha models or something new by IWM. I'd like to see Battletroops revived as a game, or at least find a few people that would want to play it. Having a line of minis would really help, but are also just plain cool to have and paint.

Kos

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #24 on: 23 March 2014, 16:55:53 »
The classic sculpts are good for me, I like a lot of the 25mm Ral Partha stuff.  Sorry to hear that mold production will take a while but thanks for the update.

StuartYee

• Lieutenant
« Reply #25 on: 28 March 2014, 11:47:58 »
I'd love to see the old Battletroops minis going again. Let me rephrase that, I would love to be able to buy Battletroops minis regardless if they are the old Ral Partha models or something new by IWM. I'd like to see Battletroops revived as a game, or at least find a few people that would want to play it. Having a line of minis would really help, but are also just plain cool to have and paint.

A lot of the Kurita and Steiner troopers are still available directly through IWM.

Speck, given that some of those are in fact in production, is there anything along the lines of a squad or platoon set available? It'd be nice to get a pricing break to buy them by the squad or platoon like in the olden days.

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #26 on: 29 March 2014, 11:21:10 »
A lot of the Kurita and Steiner troopers are still available directly through IWM.

Speck, given that some of those are in fact in production, is there anything along the lines of a squad or platoon set available? It'd be nice to get a pricing break to buy them by the squad or platoon like in the olden days.

Will have to look into it

mechwarriorgarya

• Master Sergeant
  • Commanding man and machine since '94
« Reply #27 on: 18 September 2014, 08:29:51 »
Thread Resurrection...Curious if their is any update on the 25mm figure production.

Last reporting indicated the masters were found, but there was no time to make production molds.

Not sure if I missed anything along the way in another thread perhaps, but I hope these can still happen at some point.
One Species, One Realm - translation: Live by The League or Die by The League
Between the fall of the ancient Star League and the rise of the heirs of Steiner Davion there was an age undreamed of...

Alex Keller

• Captain
« Reply #28 on: 18 September 2014, 09:19:35 »
This is most interesting!  Where can we find images of the old (unavailable) Mechwarrior miniatures?

mechwarriorgarya

• Master Sergeant
  • Commanding man and machine since '94
« Reply #29 on: 18 September 2014, 09:21:48 »
This is most interesting!  Where can we find images of the old (unavailable) Mechwarrior miniatures?

You could try Google, I know the pics are out there somewhere or look for scanned copies of the old RP catalogs.
One Species, One Realm - translation: Live by The League or Die by The League
Between the fall of the ancient Star League and the rise of the heirs of Steiner Davion there was an age undreamed of...

Alex Keller

• Captain
« Reply #30 on: 18 September 2014, 09:55:00 »
I found several pictures of "Jumpship Crewman" but thats it.

Cazaril

• Lieutenant
« Reply #31 on: 02 November 2014, 16:37:58 »
Like many others, I regret not having purchased the 25mm Mechwarrior figures in the past. For those who don't even know what they all look like, here are some pictures (sorry they aren't the greatest, but they aren't completely horrible either  ;) ). I believe it is complete (minus the Elemental which I believe is still for sale).. They come from Ral Partha's 1992 catalog.

Anyway, here they are.

20-900 => Steiner MechWarriors (3)
20-901 => Steiner Ground Troopers (3)
20-902 => Steiner Aerospace Pilot
20-903 => Steiner Security Guard

20-920 => Kurita MechWarriors (3)
20-921 => Kurita Ground Troopers (3)
20-922 => Special Forces - Kurita Death Squad Assassin
20-923 => Kurita Mech Tech

20-940 => Liao MechWarriors (3)
20-941 => Liao Troopers (3)
20-942 => Liao Death Commando
20-943 => Liao Aerospace Pilot

20-960 => Marik MechWarriors (3)
20-961 => Marik Ground Troopers (3)
20-962 => Marik Security Guard
20-963 => Marik Dropship Crewman

20-980 => Davion MechWarriors (3)
20-981 => Davion Ground Troopers (3)
20-982 => Davion Aerospace Pilot
20-983 => Davion Jumpship Crewman

And while I'm at it... What is the latest on seeing them come back?

Caz
« Last Edit: 03 April 2017, 22:56:48 by Cazaril »

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #32 on: 03 November 2014, 21:46:52 »
They are still on the to do list, some of the original masters have been found. Checking to see if the rest have been located yet.

StuartYee

• Lieutenant
« Reply #33 on: 23 January 2015, 19:17:49 »
A friend of mine was able to find several of the 20-922 Special Forces - Kurita Death Squad Assassins.

I'll keep checking back.

RDL_python

• Recruit
« Reply #34 on: 23 March 2016, 09:37:51 »
They are still on the to do list, some of the original masters have been found. Checking to see if the rest have been located yet.

csentman

• Recruit
« Reply #35 on: 04 April 2016, 18:10:44 »
Just purchased the battletroops figures and love them.  I would definitely buy the old RPG figures if they were re-released

Rom Precentor

• Recruit
« Reply #36 on: 09 April 2016, 13:09:27 »
Also interested, will continue to watch the thread. 

Kovax

• Captain
« Reply #37 on: 13 May 2016, 15:34:51 »
Been watching the thread for several years.  I've got a decent selection from the Kurita and Steiner platoons, but a few of the RPG figures, including at least one MechWarrior with neurohelmet would be a great addition.

GOTHIK

• Lieutenant
« Reply #38 on: 22 May 2016, 09:08:18 »
are there any plans to bring ALL of these minis back, instead of just the ones in the BattleTroops line?

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #39 on: 22 May 2016, 22:58:44 »
I own two complete sets of BOTH Kurita and Steiner BattleTroops platoons.

In original box form, with that little paint guide paper and the plastic zip-lock bag that had some extra spur pieces in it. Wonder what these go for.. outside boxes have some minor wear and tear, but still solid with no holes in them. Two of the sets are painted and two are still mint. NOT FOR SALE! But would love to buy another each.

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #40 on: 23 May 2016, 08:02:54 »
are there any plans to bring ALL of these minis back, instead of just the ones in the BattleTroops line?

At some point yes, but there are no production molds on them. So it is on the back burner right now.

GOTHIK

• Lieutenant
« Reply #41 on: 10 June 2016, 18:38:06 »
I see.  Thanks, Speck!

Corrinald

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #42 on: 07 November 2016, 10:31:36 »
Add me to the list of people interested in the old 25mm figures. I am working on a group of large scale models and these would be great to go along with them.

Kovax

• Captain
« Reply #43 on: 24 March 2017, 14:16:19 »
As for "large scale models", I have a couple of the old Revell plastic kits, which are a shade undersize compared to the RPG figures, but not that far off.  Using the Hirst Arts sci-fi series molds to make up some high-tech interiors/exteriors in a rocky hillside, that should make for a pretty awesome BT hybrid RPG/Infantry/Mech scenario in and around the ruins of an old Star League era bunker.  Now, all I need are a few suitable figures that aren't obviously Steiner or Kurita infantry.

Hythos

• The Embiggened Man
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #44 on: 26 March 2017, 10:57:03 »
Are all of IWM's DS & DW-series figures also 25mm scale?
Agent 722
Salt Lake City / Utah
Have 'Mech, will travel.

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #45 on: 26 March 2017, 11:17:18 »

The older Mechwarrior and Battle Troopers are all 25mm. Same for the Shadowrun figures.

Kovax

• Captain
« Reply #46 on: 31 March 2017, 08:51:01 »
The old figures are mostly "true" 25mm scale (plus or minus a bit), which is a shade smaller than many of the newer "28mm passing as 25mm" figures on the fantasy/sci-fi market.  These are from back before "scale creep" became a "thing".  The difference isn't enough to make them look seriously out of place, though, if you mix them with a couple of newer sculpts.  Any newer figures you use can pass as being just slightly taller than average.

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #47 on: 31 July 2018, 14:48:50 »
I have officially located all of the casted masters for these and put aside. After gencon will open a fan funding thread for new production molds for these. More details to come.

Kos

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #48 on: 01 August 2018, 15:14:31 »
I too have been watching this thread for some years. Glad to hear the masters have been located!

abou

• Captain
« Reply #49 on: 01 August 2018, 19:52:23 »
I have officially located all of the casted masters for these and put aside. After gencon will open a fan funding thread for new production molds for these. More details to come.
Awesome!

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #50 on: 01 August 2018, 20:31:31 »
Very cool! I'll finally be able to finish my collection.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Kovax

• Captain
« Reply #51 on: 03 August 2018, 10:29:04 »
Great news.  I'll be keeping an eye out for future developments.

Ian Wagner

• Recruit
« Reply #52 on: 21 November 2018, 16:34:50 »
I would also get in line for this.  Have been trying to gather the old RP MW line of figures, but it's very touch and go on EBay when you don't want to pay the $25-$35 sellers want for unopened blister packs.  Have only managed a few figures sold loose in the last six months.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #53 on: 21 November 2018, 21:06:30 »
Do we have any updates on this fundraiser?

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016

abou

• Captain
« Reply #54 on: 15 January 2019, 09:20:38 »
Hey Speck, any change in the status of this?

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #55 on: 15 January 2019, 20:31:52 »
Possible Gencon '19 sale?

Or even if you ran a pre-order of the old / new sculpts...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #56 on: 20 January 2019, 12:49:17 »
Hey Speck, any change in the status of this?

Nothing as of now, got side tracked on this one. Will work on a update about it.

StoneRhino

• Captain
« Reply #57 on: 21 January 2019, 11:42:08 »
Is there anything about possible updates to the models, or an expansion?

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #58 on: 22 January 2019, 19:22:52 »
Is there anything about possible updates to the models, or an expansion?

None have had molds done yet.

csentman

• Recruit
« Reply #59 on: 17 February 2019, 17:29:22 »
I am very excited there are plans in the works to release these miniatures.  It has been over a year since I checked this thread last because I figured it would forever be stuck in the "nice to do" category.  I will try to keep up on the fan funded projects.  I would be very happy to support this one.

Mattlov

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • Fnord.
« Reply #60 on: 17 February 2019, 18:36:52 »
Awesome awesome awesome.

No, we have Awesomes.  This is about ground personnel.   ;)
"The rules technically allow all sorts of bad ideas." -Moonsword

Alex Keller

• Captain
« Reply #61 on: 17 February 2019, 20:43:02 »
Woohoo!

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #62 on: 26 February 2019, 08:44:18 »
Hope to have an announcement in a few weeks about this. When I see Mike before Cincycon I am going to talk to him about it to get an idea of the price for new production molds that will need to be Fan Financed to bring these back.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #63 on: 27 February 2019, 11:34:41 »
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #64 on: 13 March 2019, 22:03:10 »
Once Mike as gotten caught up from being at Garycon, I will work with him on pricing to have new productions molds done so that they can be fan funded.

abou

• Captain
« Reply #65 on: 14 March 2019, 20:53:05 »
Excellent that this is still percolating. A friend of mine found a mint BattleTroops Kurita box and it was super cool.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #66 on: 14 March 2019, 21:03:29 »
Like I said way long time ago...

Got me two complete sets of both Kurita and Davion, one each painted and one not! Still in the original boxes...

Would LOVE to add Liao, Marik and Steiner forces to the mix...

Tho I could just break two of he boxes to make those... but then I can only make 2 of them...

And no clan version either! ( Goes for SLDF as well... )

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #67 on: 05 April 2019, 08:37:57 »
Will have some news here soon. So stay tuned.

Hayden.

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #68 on: 05 April 2019, 20:04:13 »
Will have some news here soon. So stay tuned.

The silence is deafening...
Hayden

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #69 on: 06 April 2019, 16:58:16 »
The silence is deafening...

I will post it tomorrow morning. Ended up going out of town today.

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #70 on: 07 April 2019, 09:27:15 »

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #71 on: 08 April 2019, 14:30:24 »
On your link's link, I didn't see any unarmored Clan figures that could represent Clan Infantry...

Is there a possible fundraiser for one in the near future?

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #72 on: 08 April 2019, 15:00:45 »
On your link's link, I didn't see any unarmored Clan figures that could represent Clan Infantry...

Is there a possible fundraiser for one in the near future?

TT

None were done originally when these figures came out. That was to get new production molds for those 40 figures.

If there is interest in new personality figures there could be a opportunity for funding thread.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #73 on: 08 April 2019, 15:03:31 »
Just how much would be needed? Best round guess...

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse

abou

• Captain
« Reply #74 on: 09 April 2019, 19:11:53 »
It was $1000, but managed to get the project funding in about half a day.

EDIT: My bad, didn't realize the question.
« Last Edit: 09 April 2019, 20:47:02 by abou »

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #75 on: 09 April 2019, 19:59:38 »
Just how much would be needed? Best round guess...

From the funding thread:
New Mechwarrior figures would be great to do, but humanoid figure are still expensive to sculpt. We might get 1 or 3 for the cost of having new molds for these 40 OOP figures done.

So... 1-3 for $1k. Similar to Mech sculpts by the sound of it.

Mendou

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #76 on: 20 August 2019, 07:02:03 »
I've been away from the forums for far too long (having forgotten my password ^_^;; ), but it's nice to see this finally happen!