Author Topic: Some in-progress miniature pics from Iron wind Metals  (Read 29432 times)

TS_Hawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
Re: Some in-progress miniature pics from Iron wind Metals
« Reply #60 on: 08 May 2014, 20:25:10 »
I didn't see this when I posted my 3145 question.  Really hoping for the Suna but man that new black knight looks so much sexier than the earlier version too.

Thank you Hikage
Agent 694 N. Idaho

Spaceman

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #61 on: 27 May 2014, 19:06:08 »
Do we have any more pre-release pictures of the Black Knight?
Demo Agent #567 Binghamton, NY (Southern Tier)
FLGS: Jupiter Games - Johnson City, NY

Southern Tier BattleTech Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/STierBattleTech/

Mastergunz

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
  • BBBBBBRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTT
« Reply #62 on: 30 May 2014, 12:51:58 »
The more I look at it the more I think the new Black Knight needs to be the posterboy for battletech.... It just feels like it embodies everything that Battletech needs to be.

-Gunz
" also, didn't you know mechs are able to run their massive energy weapons and all only because of their super secret fusion engine designs? the fusion engines actually turn rage and tears generated on the internet, wirelessly into usable power for the machines." -steelblueskies

"I find that alcohol bestows a variety of tactical options."

"Hotwire your imagination into your sense of self-preservation, and see what percolates." -Weirdo

Follow along with my miniature exploits on my Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/MastergunzPaintWorx

Deathknight69

• Captain
  • Supernaturalizing the universe !!
« Reply #63 on: 31 May 2014, 23:03:18 »
I'm wondering just how big the Ares will be. I own the 4 clix mechs and they're huge as it is. Also, will the variant parts be included ??
"Remember kids, Ammo explosion's are as much fun as friendly fire and incoming fire has the right-of-way." - ShadowSeraph
Avatar by Wombat, Thanks again to the blue fuzzy marsupial of wanton destruction.
"SRM Carrier. It's actual combat value is irrelevant; the face of a player when one of their 'mechs takes a point-blank shot from one is priceless!  ^-^" - Fireangel
"What's a little canon-deviation amongst friends and enemies" - Self
Quote from: DarkSpade on August 10, 2022, 15:23:40
If you think about it, the perfect merc lives long enough to complete the objective, but not long enough to get paid.
Well, there's an Obi-Wan level point of view comment for you ...  xp
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 15:35:06 by Wolf72 »

Sentinel373

• Sergeant
  • person
« Reply #64 on: 02 June 2014, 07:32:04 »
The Ares isn't as big as it was in those pics anymore, its now more in line with the other superheavy mech mini's (not sure if I'm allowed to say the exact size) but lets just say it still wont fit on a standard base because of the size and position of the legs. As for variant pieces, stay tuned.

Deathknight69

• Captain
  • Supernaturalizing the universe !!
« Reply #65 on: 02 June 2014, 11:37:55 »
Umm, Ok, Will they be close to the clix ?? If so, I might just try un-basing the clix and using them for a 3145-ish era campaign. Hopefully they'll include the variants' parts too.
"Remember kids, Ammo explosion's are as much fun as friendly fire and incoming fire has the right-of-way." - ShadowSeraph
Avatar by Wombat, Thanks again to the blue fuzzy marsupial of wanton destruction.
"SRM Carrier. It's actual combat value is irrelevant; the face of a player when one of their 'mechs takes a point-blank shot from one is priceless!  ^-^" - Fireangel
"What's a little canon-deviation amongst friends and enemies" - Self
Quote from: DarkSpade on August 10, 2022, 15:23:40
If you think about it, the perfect merc lives long enough to complete the objective, but not long enough to get paid.
Well, there's an Obi-Wan level point of view comment for you ...  xp
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 15:35:06 by Wolf72 »

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #66 on: 02 June 2014, 12:34:38 »
The Ares were big even by clix saize standards. I would doubt they are going to be close to the metal versions unless they are intended to bigger than mapscale dropships.

Sentinel373

• Sergeant
  • person
« Reply #67 on: 02 June 2014, 14:37:33 »
Don't worry it wont be anywhere near the size of the click mini. we actually made sure it fits with the rest of the mini line. its roughly the size of the omega. (in height)

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #68 on: 02 June 2014, 16:07:04 »
The Ares were big even by clix saize standards. I would doubt they are going to be close to the metal versions unless they are intended to bigger than mapscale dropships.
For the tonnage, I would hope they are not taller than an Atlas.  There is too much mass arranged horizontally, and in the third leg, to allow for much height.  If you add a third leg to a 100-tonner like an Atlas or King Crab you would get damn near 135 tons.

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
« Reply #69 on: 03 June 2014, 01:07:35 »
That ship sailed though. They've already been depicted as tall, and by game rules Superheavies are a whole level taller. What Sentinel's done is to shrink the model down as far as possible while paying some 'lip service' to both previous rules and art.
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Atlas3060

• ugh this guy again
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just some rando
« Reply #70 on: 03 June 2014, 17:13:19 »
Hatamoto Suna and Black Knight
I'm probably a bit late to the party, but by ghu I want to throw my wallet at the Hatamoto picture.
So meaty and Kuritan!  O0
It's not about winning or losing, no it's all about how many chapters have you added to the rule books after your crazy antics.

Jal Phoenix

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Once, we had gods.
« Reply #71 on: 03 June 2014, 20:37:34 »
For the tonnage, I would hope they are not taller than an Atlas.  There is too much mass arranged horizontally, and in the third leg, to allow for much height.  If you add a third leg to a 100-tonner like an Atlas or King Crab you would get damn near 135 tons.

Really?  Pause at 15 seconds for an idea of how it should measure up to an Atlas.

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #72 on: 04 June 2014, 09:18:06 »
Really?  Pause at 15 seconds for an idea of how it should measure up to an Atlas.
Actually doesn't look taller to me from that perspective. Camera angle is low and Atlas is farther away than the Ares. Plus, the additional bulk of that Atlas III tells me it should be shorter than the original Atlas.

I'm not going to argue the point, I'm just not a fan of the "it has to be HUGE" philosophy. Square-cube law is where it's at for me, not 28mm heroic. ;)
« Last Edit: 04 June 2014, 09:20:47 by Cache »

gooseman

• CDT Miniatures XO
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #73 on: 04 June 2014, 12:57:56 »
Square-cube law is where it's at for me, not 28mm heroic. ;)

Too bad that's not more pervasive with the sculptors.
Daoshen Liao: Wrong! Xavier! What is best in life?
Xavier McCarron: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

Dragon41673

• Captain
    • Aries Games & Miniatures
« Reply #74 on: 04 June 2014, 13:18:35 »
If Sentinel373 is handling the Ares (and hopefully the Poseidon will come of it too)...I've got a LOT of faith!!!
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
« Reply #75 on: 04 June 2014, 13:32:22 »
Yep. With a little publicity, I think the Ares will sell like hotcakes.

Baron RedSkull

• Warrant Officer
  • I'm bringin' macho back!
    • Tidewater Battletech Club
« Reply #76 on: 04 June 2014, 15:08:32 »

Based on the artwork, I think the D/A Black Knight will sell like hotcakes. That is, whenever they release it.  :P
Why not Zoidberg?

(V){;,,,;}(V)

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #77 on: 04 June 2014, 15:32:40 »
Based on the artwork, I think the D/A Black Knight will sell like hotcakes. That is, whenever they release it.  :P

I've got to agree here. While I've every intention of purchasing some tripods the Black Knight looks like it will be a great looking mini.
Light Assault Group - An Orwellian appelation applied by the Draconis Combine to troops haphazardly equipped with whatever expendable equipment was lying around the maintenance yard, for the purpose of throwing their lives away for the greater glory of the Dragon, see also Human Bombs.

klarg1

• Captain
« Reply #78 on: 04 June 2014, 15:58:22 »
That ship sailed though. They've already been depicted as tall, and by game rules Superheavies are a whole level taller. What Sentinel's done is to shrink the model down as far as possible while paying some 'lip service' to both previous rules and art.

I agree that the ship has sailed, but more because the Omega is the size it is, rather than because of the game rules compared to the Atlas. (And the Omega is beautiful, so I will be happy if they roughly match.)

Based purely on the game rules, the Atlas and the scorpion are both the same height. The minis (rightly) disagree.

Personally, I think I'd make it 1-3mm shorter than the Omega, but that is so fine a gradation as to be nit-picking.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #79 on: 04 June 2014, 17:40:17 »
I've got to agree here. While I've every intention of purchasing some tripods the Black Knight looks like it will be a great looking mini.

I'm confident we'll see many new Black Knights proxying in older-era games instead of the ridiculous bandy-legged suit of armour from a Scooby Doo movie we have as the current mini.

(And no, not a fan of the current Black Knight minis. Why do you ask?)

W  ^-^
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Spaceman

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Warrant Officer
« Reply #80 on: 04 June 2014, 19:20:11 »
Don't worry work troll you are not the only who thinks that ;) .
Demo Agent #567 Binghamton, NY (Southern Tier)
FLGS: Jupiter Games - Johnson City, NY

Southern Tier BattleTech Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/STierBattleTech/

Sentinel373

• Sergeant
  • person
« Reply #81 on: 04 June 2014, 19:35:59 »
If Sentinel373 is handling the Ares (and hopefully the Poseidon will come of it too)...I've got a LOT of faith!!!

Aw you guys :)
we'll I had a lot of fun making it so I hope you guys will like the final version.

gooseman

• CDT Miniatures XO
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
Daoshen Liao: Wrong! Xavier! What is best in life?
Xavier McCarron: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #83 on: 05 June 2014, 06:47:16 »
Sweet, lovely mini....
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #84 on: 05 June 2014, 08:28:05 »
Impressive!
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

Dragon41673

• Captain
« Reply #85 on: 05 June 2014, 09:05:55 »
Aw you guys :)
we'll I had a lot of fun making it so I hope you guys will like the final version.

Sentinel, are you actually "sculpting" the Ares...or will that be handed off to someone else once your 3D Artwork is done?

Sentinel373

• Sergeant
  • person
« Reply #86 on: 05 June 2014, 09:24:52 »
Sentinel, are you actually "sculpting" the Ares...or will that be handed off to someone else once your 3D Artwork is done?

I modeled the Ares based on the artwork from the TRO the click mini and a few other sources, from that 3d model a master will be 3d printed and from that master a mold will be made.
So for all intents and purposes I have "sculpted" it. Even though my hands have never physically touched the master.

P.S. in case it wasn't clear the 3d model in the pictures was far from finished, its much more awesome now :)
« Last Edit: 05 June 2014, 09:28:50 by Sentinel373 »

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
« Reply #87 on: 05 June 2014, 11:35:26 »
...its much more awesome now :)

Yes, yes it is... 8)

Dragon41673

• Captain
« Reply #88 on: 05 June 2014, 11:40:43 »
Ah ok, well, I'll call it "you sculpted it"! LOL

Fragger

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #89 on: 06 June 2014, 08:39:01 »
I love them and I'm really happy that you're using 3d printers for some of your new mechs.