Author Topic: Feasibility of the Phoenix Hawk L (Taka)  (Read 346 times)

Luciora

• Lieutenant
Feasibility of the Phoenix Hawk L (Taka)
« on: 15 November 2017, 18:57:35 »
 I'm planning to kitbash one at some point, but was wondering just how feasible it would be to just include new arms for the L version?  It looses 10 tons per the fluff, but still looks reasonably same to the reseen version, maybe with smaller jump jets.  There's several other mechs that do this as well, changing weight without compromising overall looks like the Stalker, Jagermech and Centurion.

What are everyone else's thoughts?

cavingjan

• Sang-Wei MUL
  • Battletech Volunteer
  • Major
  • grumpy ESOB
    • warrenborn
Re: Feasibility of the Phoenix Hawk L (Taka)
« Reply #1 on: 15 November 2017, 23:29:48 »
The MW:DA one was very small. It would work as a CBT mini without any issues. It would save a lot of work.

Luciora

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 16 November 2017, 00:18:43 »
Doing the mods are part of why i love the hobby.  :)

The MW:DA one was very small. It would work as a CBT mini without any issues. It would save a lot of work.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
« Reply #3 on: 07 December 2017, 09:02:44 »
I'd love to have a smaller Phoenix Hawk L.  I just wonder how they'll pull it off, it's half the size of the original.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants