Author Topic: The Officially Unofficial Legends of Tomorrow Thread  (Read 44464 times)

VhenRa

• Captain
Re: The Officially Unofficial Legends of Tomorrow Thread
« Reply #300 on: 02 December 2016, 10:48:51 »
Now let's wait and see if Kara is going to talk about it on Monday.

Supergirls on winter break. Next episode is in January titled "Supergirl Lives."

My suspicion? Because of the weird time effects between Earth-1 and Earth-38 (Supergirl's Earth)... she has been gone for awhile and presumed dead.

(Those Portals Cisco made in the last episode of Supergirl opened over a course of days IIRC... despite being seconds apart in Earth-1 and when Barry first was there back in S1 of Supergirl.. he was there for at least a day or two.. but no time had gone by back on Earth-1)

So once again, "Damnit Barry!"

Skyth

• Lieutenant
« Reply #301 on: 02 December 2016, 12:48:01 »
Enjoyed the episode immensely.  Loved Ray's remark about his cousin.  Waiting for him to make a comment along the lines of trying to be a vegan once but it not working out well for him.

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • https://amzn.to/3Dm3bvj
    • My Author Website
« Reply #302 on: 02 December 2016, 13:22:45 »
Didn't get that cousing joke.
Care to explain? :)
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #303 on: 02 December 2016, 13:35:41 »
Didn't get that cousing joke.
Care to explain? :)

The actor played Superman in Superman Returns (2006)
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #304 on: 02 December 2016, 14:55:48 »
I hope now we're just about done with mopey!Cisco.

Welll, once HE realised that HIS wanting to do good, screwed up the future, he realized just what Barry must be feeling like...

I would have liked to have seen Detective/Officer/Captain/Deputy Mayor Lance and more HR Wells in this crossover, as well as J'onn J'onnz. Curtis too.

We did see quite a bit of Curtis.  Though HR wells was very absent.  Lance we only saw in the arrow part in the dreamscape.  And Jonn was among those that got left behind..  I would have personally LOVED it if we saw Winn!!

Some great lines and in-jokes. My favorite was Ray saying Kara looks like his cousin. Though Mick calling Steel a "star-spangled idiot" is a close second. And I nearly choked when Felicity busted out the Darmok reference.

There were a BUNCH of great quips and lines..

What happened to Lyla after part 1? Shouldn't she have been around to help them plan?

Maybe that butthead CIA dude put her somewhere else..??

How odd was it to see Oliver standing there with the President like he's no big deal?

And all of them in their full get up..  Though i noticed they DIDN'T have speedy, or some of the other minor team members (such as the new team for arrow and Frost/HG/stein's daughter from flash)

I can't wait for next year's crossover so we can get a full four-parter.

I would LOVE it if we got a full on 4 parter.  OR Better yet, say start IN legends, run through supergirl, flash, arrow THEN back and finish in legends..

Felicity + Cisco was the best team-up of the crossover. Second place goes to Barry and Kara beating up that no-name bad guy together. (Though... ow. Kryptonian punch with a superspeed chaser? Sucks to be her.)

Maybe cause Kara/barry were the 2 genesising this cross, the makers felt they had to focus a lot more on them than anyone else..
And i agree the Cisco/felicity team up was BANG ON..  Now if they can only get Winn from Karaland to join in, that would be a Trifecta!!!

Why is it that DC can make awesome TV shows and cross them over perfectly but screw over the movies at every point?  News flash DC drop your movie franchise take over the TV world starting with this lot!  (Yes I know there's no money in TV)

Where as marvel is doing BOTH very well..  Film and TV.

I mean they even got it perfect with Oliver's interactions with Supergirl - he doesn't trust her gets dropped in du-do (almost literally) she pulls him out of it earns some respect.  The whole mash up just seemed to work.  The characters seemed to merge and switch seamlessly even Oliver who is probably the most stand off ish.

And Oli most likely got some MORE major ego boosting with how well EVERYONE else handled having him run lead (through barry).

As for the crossover itself: A lot of fun and they set it up so next time Kara can really get it started. But since they are able to get a universe jumping portal in such a small device, why did they need Cisco to open a portal to Kara's earth in the first place and not simply use such a device? But that is something minor.

That actually made me scratch the F out of my head..  First off, how the hell did Cisco just quickly whip that thing out, when he's been busy battling dominators (and Alchemy etc).. and secondly IF he's opening portals via a power, HOW did he make a piece of tech mimicing it?

It's not who you kill, but how they die!
You can't shoot what you can't see.
You can not dodge it if you don't know it's coming.

TS_Hawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
« Reply #305 on: 02 December 2016, 15:30:09 »
Ok so what happened to Rip, Hawkgirl, and Snart?

Thank you Hikage
Agent 694 N. Idaho

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #306 on: 02 December 2016, 15:32:50 »
Ok so what happened to Rip, Hawkgirl, and Snart?

Rip disappeared episode one season 2 just before the waverider was hit by a nuke under the atlantic ocean in 1942

Snart "died" when he sacrificed himself to stop the Time Masters and destroy their all seeing time portal

Hawkgirl hooked up with a version of Hawkman and returned to 2016
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
« Reply #307 on: 02 December 2016, 16:14:01 »
Supergirls on winter break. Next episode is in January titled "Supergirl Lives."

My suspicion? Because of the weird time effects between Earth-1 and Earth-38 (Supergirl's Earth)... she has been gone for awhile and presumed dead.

(Those Portals Cisco made in the last episode of Supergirl opened over a course of days IIRC... despite being seconds apart in Earth-1 and when Barry first was there back in S1 of Supergirl.. he was there for at least a day or two.. but no time had gone by back on Earth-1)

So once again, "Damnit Barry!"

I'm 100% positive it will get no more than a passing mention.

Daemion

• Major
  • The Future of BattleTech
    • Never Tales and Other Daydreams
« Reply #308 on: 02 December 2016, 16:27:01 »
Well, last time, Supergirl was being run and funded by CBS. Now, it's on CW, so I think we can expect a line or two.

As for why we didn't get a whole revolving door of the ArrowVerse characters, I'm thinking budgeting issues. Yes, the real world can still have a large effect on something that fantastic.

It's your world. You can do anything you want in it. - Bob Ross

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

I helped make a game! ^_^  - Forge Of War: Tactics

Skyth

• Lieutenant
« Reply #309 on: 02 December 2016, 17:21:02 »
One thing I realized...The team going back in time 'proved' to the dominators that Earth's metahumans were a threat.  Problem is Cisco was the only meta and he didn't use his powers.  You had two tech heros (heatwave has a gun and citizen steel was created througj science) and one magical hero (vixen).

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • My Author Website
« Reply #310 on: 02 December 2016, 17:45:47 »
Steel would qualify as a Meta.
But, yeah. That was kinda strange.

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
« Reply #311 on: 02 December 2016, 20:52:12 »
I really doubt they'd make much of a distinction between Cisco, Steel and Vixen, based solely on how each got their powers.

And in at least some comic stories, people like Steel and Vixen were only able to harness the powers of mystical artifacts or scientific serumes and such due to a pre-existing meta factor in their genes. Folks without such a factor present wouldn't get any benefit from the enhancement process and could even die. So they could very well be metas anyway. (Fun fact: The original Invasion! event had just such an occurrence of that kind of thing, when a bunch of humans were subjected to experiments by the Psions and only those who possessed the metagene survived and gained powers.)

And, really, Steel, who gained his powers after being injected with a super serum, is no different from all the metas we've seen who gained their powers after exposure to the particle accelerator explosion. They all developed powers after exposure to some external stimulus.
« Last Edit: 02 December 2016, 21:01:25 by roosterboy »

Skyth

• Lieutenant
« Reply #312 on: 03 December 2016, 07:05:56 »
Difference is that the serum was designed to give people powers.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #313 on: 03 December 2016, 11:19:38 »
It is still a distinction that would be lost on many people, and reasonably so, also as roosterboy said it may have only worked because he was a meta and no one knew it.

Skyth

• Lieutenant
« Reply #314 on: 03 December 2016, 11:24:54 »
I admit that the end results are indistinguishable for the most part.

However, I don't think it's because Nate was a meta.  It was designed by Ray Palmer to give anyone superpowers.

It's basically the difference between Captain America and Wolverine :)

TS_Hawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
« Reply #315 on: 03 December 2016, 15:51:10 »
Rip disappeared episode one season 2 just before the waverider was hit by a nuke under the atlantic ocean in 1942

Snart "died" when he sacrificed himself to stop the Time Masters and destroy their all seeing time portal

Hawkgirl hooked up with a version of Hawkman and returned to 2016

Thanks so I guess the marriage between hawkgirl and palmer was called off

Thank you Hikage
Agent 694 N. Idaho

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #316 on: 04 December 2016, 00:20:53 »
That marriage was fake, cause it was part of their back story when they got stuck in the 60s..

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
« Reply #317 on: 04 December 2016, 06:22:29 »
That marriage was fake, cause it was part of their back story when they got stuck in the 60s..

Ray was about to propose to Kendra for real when the rest of the Legends found them again. He later did propose to her and she accepted but he ended their relationship once Carter was back in the picture. So, yes, the marriage was called off.

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
« Reply #318 on: 09 December 2016, 01:39:53 »
Oh man, really? Do we have to? I've been enjoying this season so much more without Rip Hunter.

Pretty good episode otherwise. As always, Sara and Mick were the highlights.

Though I wish someone would just put Malcolm Merlyn out of my misery already.

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #319 on: 09 December 2016, 02:47:40 »
I agree.  Malcomn now part of the legion of doom??  what the hell??  HOW did he even get back into the past, or did Thawn grab him and bring him back??

AND SARA.. WHAT the heck over, giving up those medalions to get back stein?  AND why didn't anyone pay any attention to the look that Jax gave false stein when they touched?  HE KNEW something was up..

Also, what WAS with all the visions of Mr freeze dude (man i forgot his name already)..

As for the little snippet at the end seeing Rip being a movie director, and making a film WHERE his name is used for the main actor..  MAN that was funny!!

Daemion

• Major
  • The Future of BattleTech
    • Never Tales and Other Daydreams
« Reply #320 on: 09 December 2016, 10:56:10 »
The writers would happen to be on 'speed' while looking through old flash comics when comic up with these eps, would they?

Nah. Didn't think so.
It's your world. You can do anything you want in it. - Bob Ross

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

I helped make a game! ^_^  - Forge Of War: Tactics

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #321 on: 09 December 2016, 15:21:58 »
Speed, no..  Weed?? maybe..

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
« Reply #322 on: 09 December 2016, 16:13:16 »
Maybe what they really need is some Speed Weed!  :D

Skyth

• Lieutenant
« Reply #323 on: 26 January 2017, 16:29:53 »
New episode out.  I loved all the Star Wars references :)

Though I really liked the dig at the actor playing Savage.  I never did like him during season 1...Glad I'm not alone.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #324 on: 26 January 2017, 18:05:26 »
Yeah, the George Lucas episode was great across the board with all the little references.  My wife, not a Star Wars fan, was having a blast laughing at all the allusions.

Heh, and the Legion of Doom . . .
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #325 on: 27 January 2017, 02:34:13 »
This weeks ep had some of the most funniest moments in ANY of the 4 CW shows (Arrow/S.girl/Flash and this)..  I just laughed my butt off so much at all the geeky references..

Skyth

• Lieutenant
« Reply #326 on: 02 February 2017, 08:37:15 »
So we had a more Legion oriented episode where a lot of things were explained...

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #327 on: 02 February 2017, 14:24:18 »
I actually liked this one, with Malcom starting off the lead in.  The Zombie Flash was pretty interesting, set off the wife's hate for them.  And I will say this, the guy playing Thawn was absolutely great- he screamed terrified as he stood there waiting for the plan to unfold.  The Legion's internal dynamics was straight out of Bad Guys 101, I felt they played along with the cliche and used it well.  Non-Rip's attempts at manipulation starts to hint that he is still under there somewhere.

I also keep waiting for the Legends group to learn that Stein's daughter is not a time aberration but rather a shockwave from Flashpoint.  Martin's past activity is not the only possible vector for what is different, I want to say Flash explained it to Oliver & Sara during the most excellent alien crossover.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #328 on: 02 February 2017, 16:30:45 »
I remember dialogue in previous episodes about if she was a result of Flashpoint or not during the cross over and the Legends being pretty sure she was not a result of Flashpoint.

Overall yeah it was a decent episode and I really hope the zombie Flash becomes a bit more intelligent/threatening in the future because that seems a pretty easy to exploit weakness it has there.

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • My Author Website
« Reply #329 on: 02 February 2017, 16:40:41 »
But for both sides. The Legends can attack Eobard and force him to move or get pummeled ...
So for the finale, they will find out about the wraith (why the hell did they not get alerted to the 2025 aberation, by the way?) and use it against Eobard the way I just described.

Register