Author Topic: New and Upcoming Releases, Vol. VII: Center Torso hit!  (Read 186235 times)

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
Re: New and Upcoming Releases, Vol. VII: Center Torso hit!
« Reply #630 on: 10 September 2016, 15:22:40 »
Well, the Odyssey mini is one of the prettiest JumpShips IWM makes, so think if it as an excuse to buy more of them. :)
Maybe, but I am still a bit sad that the Leviathan didn't get its own art.

But anyway, the Orion is great, when fan financing restarts I will vote for it.
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

mrbooth

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #631 on: 10 September 2016, 15:44:33 »
First let me say  Primatives V is great love the Orion and Archer really good stuff.  Wondering is Succession wars II next or Golden Century? Really looking forward  to those.

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #632 on: 10 September 2016, 16:30:59 »
For those wanting more Primitives volumes, well the Dreadnought came out 200 years before even the TH could build KF Booms, meaning for jump capable craft she technically falls within the primitive classification, at least if I'm reading IO correctly.

bobthecoward

• Captain
« Reply #633 on: 10 September 2016, 16:32:56 »
First let me say  Primatives V is great love the Orion and Archer really good stuff.  Wondering is Succession wars II next or Golden Century? Really looking forward  to those.

Just as long as they don't hold up irregulartech. :D

Pa Weasley

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • I am not this cute
« Reply #634 on: 10 September 2016, 16:33:09 »
Couldn't say what's next though the Coming Releases page at least implies Golden Century isn't an XTRO.

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #635 on: 10 September 2016, 18:50:47 »
So this was the last XTRO?
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #636 on: 10 September 2016, 18:55:42 »
So this was the last XTRO?

The last Primitives, at least.
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
« Reply #637 on: 10 September 2016, 21:13:55 »
I guess there a low chance of a Era Digest: Early Succession Wars hmm? :(

I think he meant "Era Digest: Third Succession War"? Maybe...at least I do know it was planned back when they first announced the Succession Wars Historicals. Would personally still like to see it.... :/

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

(HBS: Backer #4,960)
(Clan Invasion: Backer #314)
(Mercenaries: Backer #6,017)

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #638 on: 10 September 2016, 22:25:11 »
I think he meant "Era Digest: Third Succession War"? Maybe...at least I do know it was planned back when they first announced the Succession Wars Historicals. Would personally still like to see it.... :/
I meant Era Digest: Early Succession Wars, that would cover the first 2 wars, what life was like. Dramatic changes specially between and after the first wars since devastation caused by them would change society and politics. It made it harder for merc units (players insert your units!) be operating in or players running official House troop units.

A Era Digest: Late Succession Wars be covering Third and Fourth Wars since we don't have any modern books covering them.

Frankly i rather plow ahead into the future of Battletech but that seem all were getting so far.  SO got go with the flow.  I like everything thou.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #639 on: 10 September 2016, 22:31:40 »
For those wanting more Primitives volumes, well the Dreadnought came out 200 years before even the TH could build KF Booms, meaning for jump capable craft she technically falls within the primitive classification, at least if I'm reading IO correctly.

The Dreadnought falls into a lovely zone called "too far back for rules to cover", I think. AKA, about anything from before 2300. (The tables in IO cover tech from 2300 onward, placing the stuff from before that line in the "PS" (Pre-Spaceflight) or "ES" (Early Spaceflight) categories. At those points, things got too screwy and the utter lack of any material planned to cover events in those times made it pointless to bother with rules for them.

I guess there a low chance of a Era Digest: Early Succession Wars hmm? :(
It was expanded into 2 full sourcebooks. How is that a bad thing?  :D

Those were the Historicals, Adrian. He's referring to an Era Report/Digest, which would be more AToW/RPG focused (with Tracks for campaign players). Kind of like how we had FM:SLDF (and the 2765 Field Reports), as well as an Era Report for 2750. Before August of 2013, at least, the schedule had planned companion Era Digests for all of the planned Historicals, meaning the Early Succession Wars Historical (then a single book covering the First and Second Wars) was to be followed by an Era Report: Early Succession Wars, with an eventual Third Succession War Historical (or maybe two, though I think it could have been done in just one), with a Late Succession Wars Era book to cover that and the Fourth War-3049 period (which were largely covered by other published sourcebooks). 

Between those four (or five) books, we would have thus had Historicals and Era Reports/Era Digests covering virtually the entire span of BT History from the Age of War through the Dark Age. The same span covered by the Tech Table featured in Interstellar Operations--and a great place to simply call the whole thing complete.

Of course, that WAS the plan, as of three years ago. The plan these days is far less definite.

-

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #640 on: 10 September 2016, 22:32:30 »
Frankly i rather plow ahead into the future of Battletech but that seem all were getting so far.  SO got go with the flow.  I like everything thou.

I think that's a different discussion thread these days. Best not to have that talk here.

-

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #641 on: 10 September 2016, 22:53:44 »
I think that's a different discussion thread these days. Best not to have that talk here.

Indeed, I think the Mods have specifically asked us to not discuss anything post-Dark Age here.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #642 on: 10 September 2016, 23:00:42 »
Thank you for taking the time to address my question.  I was concern if i opened a threat about future producing dealing with the past vs moving time line forward would cause thread to lock up.

I was hoping to hear what was coming out or was room to mention things that we could be looking forward to in the days ahead that can be spoken of that we've not heard of. 

Saying something (we got something we've not mention in the work we can't talk about) is least something to look forward too verses silence and looking at stuff we've seen for some cases a year ago due to come out or delayed. 

I'll keep my fat mouth closed now.  :-X
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #643 on: 10 September 2016, 23:05:47 »
The Dreadnought falls into a lovely zone called "too far back for rules to cover", I think. AKA, about anything from before 2300. (The tables in IO cover tech from 2300 onward, placing the stuff from before that line in the "PS" (Pre-Spaceflight) or "ES" (Early Spaceflight) categories. At those points, things got too screwy and the utter lack of any material planned to cover events in those times made it pointless to bother with rules for them.
Aren't we lucky then that Dreadnought was lunched in 2300 then? But you're right about things being too screwy, clearly Dreadnought is too early to use a Compact Core, but the lore has always said that a standard core can move twice it's own mass, so that could work, but new rules would need to be added to allow for that too work.

Note that this piece of lore may mean that truly primitive, as opposed to retro-tech, JumpShips should probably be cutting their KF Core weights in half to account for this

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #644 on: 10 September 2016, 23:16:24 »
I was hoping to hear what was coming out or was room to mention things that we could be looking forward to in the days ahead that can be spoken of that we've not heard of. 

I'm not sure I follow you here, to be honest. The fact is, unless it's basically been mentioned in the official Coming Soon areas, or teased directly by Randall Bills or CGL itself (not a random person with the BattleMaster badge), chances are you will see no hints about anything you don't already know is coming. Literally no other source is permitted to discuss the matter.

-

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
« Reply #645 on: 10 September 2016, 23:16:34 »
Herb—Era Report maybe, but he said digest, which were just filling in the gaps. So Era Digest: Early Succession Wars would t work any longer. Maybe an ED filling the gap between the First and Second, that I could see.

Era Report though, sure, that's a different discussion.
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
« Reply #646 on: 10 September 2016, 23:19:22 »
Wrangler, I have to admit it's late, but I honestly can't decipher what you're saying. Could you give it another try?
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #647 on: 10 September 2016, 23:24:40 »
Aren't we lucky then that Dreadnought was lunched in 2300 then? But you're right about things being too screwy, clearly Dreadnought is too early to use a Compact Core, but the lore has always said that a standard core can move twice it's own mass, so that could work, but new rules would need to be added to allow for that too work.

Note that this piece of lore may mean that truly primitive, as opposed to retro-tech, JumpShips should probably be cutting their KF Core weights in half to account for this

I have no idea what any of what you just wrote there was supposed to mean, or quite how you arrived at those conclusions, but since it really seems to have gone off-topic, it probably needs to be filed elsewhere. (I offer no guarantee that it will be resolved completely even then, however.)

On the off-chance that there is an implied question or honest concern here that the Dreadnought might be due for publication in some source somewhere in the future, though, I again think that unlikely. The Primitives series has run its course, and--judging by comments made at the "What's Up With Catalyst" panel at this year's GenCon (it's on YouTube; I have no handy links here)--the same might be said for Experimental Tech Readouts entirely. I stress that neither of these conclusions are ironclad, however; things have a habit of changing.

-

bobthecoward

• Captain
« Reply #648 on: 10 September 2016, 23:27:18 »
Thank you for taking the time to address my question.  I was concern if i opened a threat about future producing dealing with the past vs moving time line forward would cause thread to lock up.

Saying something (we got something we've not mention in the work we can't talk about) is least something to look forward too verses silence and looking at stuff we've seen for some cases a year ago due to come out or delayed. 

I'll keep my fat mouth closed now.  :-X

What is listed on the coming releases page and the implication that we can expect more combat manuals probably takes us through late 2017. I think most game companies tease new sourcebooks at well under a year. So we probably won't hear of any new products, but those new products wouldn't be out for a long time anyway.

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
« Reply #649 on: 10 September 2016, 23:33:00 »
I must be confused: wasn't the Dreadnought already published with stats?
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #650 on: 10 September 2016, 23:33:33 »
Herb—Era Report maybe, but he said digest, which were just filling in the gaps. So Era Digest: Early Succession Wars would t work any longer. Maybe an ED filling the gap between the First and Second, that I could see.

An Era Digest is a miniaturized, PDF-exclusive version of an Era Report. Digests were used to cover periods/venues which we perceived to have very limited interest and/or need for development, such as the Age of War, the Golden Century period in the Clan Homeworlds, and the initial years after the HPG Blackout (i.e. the period covered by WizKids' early Dark Age years). As a general rule, the idea was that any period/setting big enough to merit a full-size historical sourcebook would also merit a Era Report sourcebook over an Era Digest.

(And an Era Digest for the period between the First and Second Wars? That was a six year span, which was arguably just a lull, as the First and Second Wars actually blend into each other--what with several states remaining technically at war throughout the entire length of that interbellum. To do the periods justice, it should be a full-length Era Report, but I suppose one could scrunch the two early SWs down to Digest size; heck, the Age of War was centuries long and it got Digest treatment, after all...) 

-

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #651 on: 10 September 2016, 23:37:27 »
I must be confused: wasn't the Dreadnought already published with stats?

Oh! How about that! You're RIGHT! There it is, in the Reunification War Historical!

So CGL wouldn't need another publication for it after all, and that discussion was moot!

I swear, I forget so many things these days, I should probably ask my doctor to check that out...

-

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #652 on: 11 September 2016, 00:24:21 »
I really liked the Age of War book but really wish the era would have been given more detail. As a digest it just didn't get enough treatment compared to other timeframes. Maybe someday it can get a bit more added to it. Maybe a few Field Reports or something with evolving maps covering all the little empires right before they became big empires.. and don't you want to see more NUKES??? Lots n lots of nukes??

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #653 on: 11 September 2016, 02:38:20 »
Oh! How about that! You're RIGHT! There it is, in the Reunification War Historical!
Well then someone should tell the MUL team, because the MUL says it has no record sheet.

As for my last post, I was making two, probably conflicting points.

As for more XTRO's, there is presumably another Succession Wars volume to come

VhenRa

• Captain
« Reply #654 on: 11 September 2016, 02:50:36 »
Well then someone should tell the MUL team, because the MUL says it has no record sheet.

As for my last post, I was making two, probably conflicting points.

As for more XTRO's, there is presumably another Succession Wars volume to come

Thats because it doesn't have a Record Sheet. Historical: Reunification War lacks Record Sheets which is annoying for people who like the Talos.

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #655 on: 11 September 2016, 04:06:15 »
The last Primitives, at least.

That makes me happy. Still would love to see a TRO: What could of Been. All the designs that didn't make it off the drawing board...at least had a good chance of making it.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #656 on: 11 September 2016, 04:09:49 »
That makes me happy. Still would love to see a TRO: What could of Been. All the designs that didn't make it off the drawing board...at least had a good chance of making it.
Maybe some sort of write up that lacks stats of any sort

solmanian

• Captain
« Reply #657 on: 11 September 2016, 05:18:31 »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

You heard it here folks! ER:SWs implied semi-confirmed! Now they have to make it!  8)
Making the dark age a little brighter, one explosion at a time.
Have you met the clans? Words like "Naïve" and "misguided" are not enough to describe the notion that a conquest of the IS by the clans would result in a Utopian pacifistic society.

HABeas2

• Grand Vizier
  • Major
« Reply #658 on: 11 September 2016, 06:11:42 »
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

You heard it here folks! ER:SWs implied semi-confirmed! Now they have to make it!  8)

"That's not how this works! That's not how any of this works!"

-

bobthecoward

• Captain
« Reply #659 on: 11 September 2016, 09:41:10 »
I think this is my favorite year for battletech product since 2013.

Register