Author Topic: Worth it?  (Read 2933 times)

Alex Keller

• Captain
Worth it?
« on: 01 February 2011, 11:41:02 »
Hi, guys.  I picked up Era Report: 3052 and I'm really intrigued by the special rules for some of the major characters in the back of the book.  Unfortunately, I do not have AToW so I don't really know what the special abilities do for Battletech.

So my question is this, is AToW worth my time/money if I don't plan on playing RPGs?  I just want to know what special rules Kai, Victor, Aidan etc can use while playing classic Battletech.  Advice?

Thanks!

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
Re: Worth it?
« Reply #1 on: 01 February 2011, 12:57:20 »
This is a tough one.

AToW is reasonably capable of being the new Battletroops so if you are interested in smaller scale infantry combat it is worth that.

The special pilot abilities are interesting but from your level of interest I'd recommend only getting the PDF for $15 US and that way you can have what you are after without spending a lot of money on the DTF version and only suffer buyer's remorse if you do find it is too much of a waste of money.

Alex Keller

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 01 February 2011, 14:32:41 »
Hmm.  Well I don't know if I'd be playing Battletroops but I really want to know what makes Kai so special. 

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #3 on: 01 February 2011, 14:34:03 »
It's worth the $15 you'd spend on the digital version.  That's easy.  Hardcopy you can figure out from how you use the digital file.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Register