Author Topic: Hero Forge Custom Miniatures  (Read 4061 times)

Caedis Animus

• Captain
  • How can a bird be sultry? Very carefully.
Hero Forge Custom Miniatures
« on: 29 September 2015, 03:31:36 »
Anybody look into these guys yet? They have a really great interface, and print out miniatures for D&D and stuff. With some eye-squinting, you can even make a miniature Mechwarrior or something.

For reference, here's a D&D Character I made using the site. Yes, it's a furry, and it's a dual wielding ranger. But this is just one of a fair amount of stuff you can make. They also 3D print the minis in four different types, and you can even make statues in plastic of your favorites. If you want to make strictly Btech RPG stuff, some of the sci-fi stuff looks Mechwarrior-esque. A bit cutesy looking in a way, but not awful.

EDIT: *Removed Link*
« Last Edit: 30 September 2015, 01:13:08 by Caedis_Animus »

Archer_Wirth

• Master Sergeant
Re: Hero Forge Custom Miniatures
« Reply #1 on: 31 March 2016, 21:29:43 »
Cool man. Thanks for sharing!  O0
Col. Archer Wirth
25th Whiskey Rangers
Mercenary Wizards

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Re: Hero Forge Custom Miniatures
« Reply #2 on: 31 March 2016, 22:38:08 »
Do read some reviews. I understand the "ultra detail" option provides the best surface for painting, but is very brittle - swords & wrists having a tendency to snap, and being hard to do much with to prevent this.

The lower-quality option works for "mook" pieces, apparently, but I think most people are planning on using this for "hero" pieces.

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Register