Author Topic: Online Exclusive new additions 10/5/2011  (Read 5964 times)

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
Online Exclusive new additions 10/5/2011
« on: 05 October 2011, 19:54:36 »
Here they are, enjoy...

OP-093  Fenris D "Ice Ferret"  $2.25
OP-094  Koschei  5I Torso $4.00
OP-095 Koschei  5 I Torso Plates $1.25

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
Re: Online Exclusive new additions 10/5/2011
« Reply #1 on: 05 October 2011, 20:53:35 »
Are there arms for the Koschei?

Sawbones12

• Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: 05 October 2011, 21:22:45 »
There darn well better be!  They were sculpted!

Rob

ShockaTime

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 05 October 2011, 22:07:21 »
I honestly thought it would be a full mech :-\

Spirit Never Dies - Second Spirit Chasseurs - Clan Blood Spirit
Raven Alliance

Daishi411

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 05 October 2011, 22:21:25 »
yeah me too, i thought it had been stated that this would be a whole mech

also, there's no arms
« Last Edit: 05 October 2011, 22:32:57 by Daishi411 »
"Warriors, not war machines, are the backbone of the Hell's Horses. While others worship the BattleMech as the ultimate weapon, the men and women of this Clan see even this awesome piece of technology as the tool it is. We have held to this philosophy since the days of our first Khan, who knew that the value of the common soldier far outstripped the brute force of the BattleMech. It is one reason our Clan possesses fewer mechs than most, and has led many to underestimate our fierceness and courage. Our survival against all challengers when others have fallen proves the folly of such arrogance, and testifies to the wisdom of our founders."
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel
Star Captain Logan Cobb-666th Assault War Cluster, Star Commander Octavian-The Thunder Heart Cluster

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
« Reply #5 on: 06 October 2011, 20:06:49 »
yeah me too, i thought it had been stated that this would be a whole mech

also, there's no arms

Maybe someone at IWM is a fan of the older PC Gamer magazine?   ???   They decided to make a 'Mech of Coconut Monkey!  :D
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

Daishi411

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: 06 October 2011, 20:44:10 »

Maybe someone at IWM is a fan of the older PC Gamer magazine?   ???   They decided to make a 'Mech of Coconut Monkey!  :D

???
"Warriors, not war machines, are the backbone of the Hell's Horses. While others worship the BattleMech as the ultimate weapon, the men and women of this Clan see even this awesome piece of technology as the tool it is. We have held to this philosophy since the days of our first Khan, who knew that the value of the common soldier far outstripped the brute force of the BattleMech. It is one reason our Clan possesses fewer mechs than most, and has led many to underestimate our fierceness and courage. Our survival against all challengers when others have fallen proves the folly of such arrogance, and testifies to the wisdom of our founders."
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel
Star Captain Logan Cobb-666th Assault War Cluster, Star Commander Octavian-The Thunder Heart Cluster

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #7 on: 06 October 2011, 21:36:24 »
???

'Cause he has no arms..

Anyway, with the chest mods I was kinda expecting a whole 'Mech, but if the design of the mini lends itself to it its okay I guess.

Daishi411

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: 06 October 2011, 21:51:41 »
the biggest problem i have with this is that because they don`t have separate legs up we now essentially have to be purchasing almost 2 mechs, just to make one, seems silly
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel

Shi_no_Kami

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: 07 October 2011, 04:27:21 »
the biggest problem i have with this is that because they don`t have separate legs up we now essentially have to be purchasing almost 2 mechs, just to make one, seems silly

Yeah, I was looking forward to a 5I, but not sure I want to do it this way...

Of course I'm still waiting on the Woodsman and the other mechs...

serrate

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #10 on: 07 October 2011, 10:15:32 »
Of course I'm still waiting on the Woodsman and the other mechs...

+1

I'm really looking forward to the Woodsman, and the Kyudo is long overdue.  I know those guys are working hard though.

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #11 on: 19 October 2011, 00:00:57 »
I'm getting ready to place an order and I'm going to be getting the KSC-5I parts. I assume that I'll need to order the KSC-3I plus the torso and the plates but I'll hold off if there are supposed to be arms or if a complete 'mech (perhaps with jump-jets) is coming. Anyone know if anything more has been said in regard to this 'mech?
Light Assault Group - An Orwellian appelation applied by the Draconis Combine to troops haphazardly equipped with whatever expendable equipment was lying around the maintenance yard, for the purpose of throwing their lives away for the greater glory of the Dragon, see also Human Bombs.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #12 on: 19 October 2011, 00:26:31 »
Well, the regular Koschi is already available- looks like you have to order one of them plus the extra parts at this point.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #13 on: 19 October 2011, 00:53:58 »
Well, the regular Koschi is already available- looks like you have to order one of them plus the extra parts at this point.

That's what I thought, thanks. Well then, 2 KSC-3Is, the KSC-5I parts and a Lightray or two for me  ;)
Light Assault Group - An Orwellian appelation applied by the Draconis Combine to troops haphazardly equipped with whatever expendable equipment was lying around the maintenance yard, for the purpose of throwing their lives away for the greater glory of the Dragon, see also Human Bombs.

CranstonSnord

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #14 on: 19 October 2011, 08:30:20 »
If you ask, IWM will sell you just the bits you need. Easiest to ask for a specific sprue, if you can.

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #15 on: 19 October 2011, 10:18:29 »
Sawbones said there were arms sculpted but we haven't seen them yet. The only think from the old Koschei that would be used is the legs.

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #16 on: 19 October 2011, 11:12:31 »
So we're still waiting to hear what's going on with the arms then?

ShockaTime

• Captain
« Reply #17 on: 19 October 2011, 13:20:48 »
So we're still waiting to hear what's going on with the arms then?

Yeah. and hopefully they can put up some legs as well, so we don't have to waste a perfectly good koschei just to make one variant.

Spirit Never Dies - Second Spirit Chasseurs - Clan Blood Spirit
Raven Alliance

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #18 on: 19 October 2011, 13:41:24 »
Yeah. and hopefully they can put up some legs as well, so we don't have to waste a perfectly good koschei just to make one variant.

Well then I'll just hold off ordering the -5I parts until we know what's going on, I was just hoping that I could include them with my order to save on shipping. I'd like to see the arms, I'd think they would change the look of the 'mech somewhat. Funny thing is I've often wondered if the complete left arm on -5I was a error as it seemed to me the AC looked fairly HPPCish.

Sawbones12

• Sergeant
« Reply #19 on: 19 October 2011, 19:30:44 »
I believe the 3I and 5I right arms are identical.  There is a completely new left arm with  the HPPC. I lobbied for the 5I to be released complete instead of as parts but, obviously, did not win...

Rob

Klat

• Captain
  • ここにキティキティ
« Reply #20 on: 19 October 2011, 20:40:50 »
I believe the 3I and 5I right arms are identical.  There is a completely new left arm with  the HPPC. I lobbied for the 5I to be released complete instead of as parts but, obviously, did not win...

Rob

Thanks, looks like I'll wait a few more days and see if that arm shows up then.

Register