Author Topic: Parts Question  (Read 4119 times)

Brother Jim

• Lieutenant
Parts Question
« on: 13 October 2011, 19:16:09 »
I wish to modify my MWDA King Crabs to appear to have the ability to torso twist.
I want to just purchase some parts for this, but don't have the money to just buy parts and hope one works.
What I'm looking for is a Mech pelvis that will go between the legs and that the torso will sit on.

The following parts might work, but they don't have pictures:
20-413E Archangel Torso Joint
20-411C  Deva Torso Joint
20-410C  Malak Torso Joint

Can anyone help me out with either pictures or confirming that they are the hip/pelvis area of the respective Mechs? 

Thanks

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Re: Parts Question
« Reply #1 on: 13 October 2011, 19:45:00 »
Not an IWM part, but the hips off an MW:DA Targe (and NOT the IWM version!) would probably do nicely - not too tall or hefty, but bulky enough to work. I'm assuming you'll disconnect the legs from their "hip sockets", attach to the new hips, then replace underneath where they used to connect?

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Crimson Dynamo

• Lieutenant
  • Opening hearts, minds, and throats since 2807
« Reply #2 on: 13 October 2011, 19:48:41 »
I own all three of the sculpts. Each of those has only 2 main parts for the torso, the lower torso where the legs attach to the hips and the upper torso where the arms attach to the torso at the shoulder. I can't say for certain if those are the parts you want, but if they're lower torso, they should be $1-2 bucks as opposed to $4-5 for the upper torso. I'd go for the Archangel for size if the MWDA King Crab is anything like the CBT sculpt.

Hope that helps.
"Well, I do, Marcus, and rule number one of the MAC has always been that the man with the plan leads. If we get shot up, I'm the first one to get my ticket punched. There are no flags in the MAC."
"And there never will be," Barton said, nodding his head in agreement.

"You guys are facing a freaking Shadow Division! These guys have strict policies against playing fair!"

"I don’t care. Kill them. I planned the defense so I know it will work. If they claim otherwise, they’re cowards. Any step back is a betrayal of me, and saying they don’t have enough men is just an excuse for incompetence and disloyalty. Tell the Krypteia to do it if you’re too soft but get it done." -Emperor Stefan Ukris Amaris I

Brother Jim

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 14 October 2011, 00:34:55 »
Thanks guys. I've ordered 4 of the Archangel torso joints (plus a few other things).

I checked on ebay for targe's, and there was only 1 for 3.95+ S&H. If it would have been cheaper and more than just one of them the picture looked like it would have worked.

Winterbeast

• Recruit
« Reply #4 on: 14 October 2011, 02:44:13 »
I have a Falcon and a Stealth that are both missing arms. has IWM done either of these?

just out of curiosity, is there a list of the part numbers that RP used for their leads? I want to google some of the extra parts packs, but I don't know the numbers.

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
« Reply #5 on: 14 October 2011, 05:29:41 »
just out of curiosity, is there a list of the part numbers that RP used for their leads? I want to google some of the extra parts packs, but I don't know the numbers.

Are you talking about the old, LONG OOP blisters?   ???

Mixed Auxiliary Weapons  (20-744)
Heavy & Assault 'Mech Arms  (20-745)
Light & Medium 'Mech Arms  (20-746)
Shoulder Socket Weapons  (20-747)
Missile Weapons  (20-748)
Jump Jets & Fins  (20-749)

RPUK also did a couple of weapons packs, but I've no idea what the SN's for those are.  I'm wanting to say they were something like "Weapons Pack 1" and "Weapons Pack 2"??  They may have done more than those 2, as far as that goes.
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #6 on: 14 October 2011, 07:44:20 »
I have a Falcon and a Stealth that are both missing arms. has IWM done either of these?

Email IWM and tell them the parts you need. They may not list them on the website but can usually pull specific sprues for you.

Winterbeast

• Recruit
« Reply #7 on: 14 October 2011, 08:24:49 »

Are you talking about the old, LONG OOP blisters?   ???

Mixed Auxiliary Weapons  (20-744)
Heavy & Assault 'Mech Arms  (20-745)
Light & Medium 'Mech Arms  (20-746)
Shoulder Socket Weapons  (20-747)
Missile Weapons  (20-748)
Jump Jets & Fins  (20-749)

RPUK also did a couple of weapons packs, but I've no idea what the SN's for those are.  I'm wanting to say they were something like "Weapons Pack 1" and "Weapons Pack 2"??  They may have done more than those 2, as far as that goes.

Yes, I was. I have a pair of 3025 era assaults, a Stalker and an unseen that starts with L. and need legs for both of them. knew there was a torso blister pack, was hoping there was an assault leg pack.

GRUD

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: 15 October 2011, 07:10:03 »
Yes, I was. I have a pair of 3025 era assaults, a Stalker and an unseen that starts with L. and need legs for both of them. knew there was a torso blister pack, was hoping there was an assault leg pack.

All I've ever seen or heard about were the ones I've listed.  I've never heard of any "torso" OR "leg" packs.  As cavingjan pointed out, you could try contacting IWM directly, and they may be able to hook you up with the Stalker legs. I think you're SOL for the Unseen legs though. You could always try Lords of the Battlefield or Battletech Universe. Both have "Trade & Sell" boards, and LotB has a "Parts Trading" thread. You might be able to find what you need for your MWDA AND Bt minis.   O0
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Winterbeast

• Recruit
« Reply #9 on: 15 October 2011, 10:44:49 »
I have contacted IWM, waiting on their reply. have two other more modern mechs that lack arms, too.
a falcon and a stelth. if I can't get them, Perhaps I will make a small diorama of some other mech, probably a quad with a raised foreleg, stepping on the armless mech in victory...

GRUD

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: 15 October 2011, 11:16:05 »
have two other more modern mechs that lack arms, too.
a falcon and a stelth. if I can't get them, Perhaps I will make a small diorama of some other mech, probably a quad with a raised foreleg, stepping on the armless mech in victory...

Counds Cool!   8)   Pictures WILL be required, of course!   O0

Brother Jim

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: 22 October 2011, 18:24:10 »
Got the Archangel Torso Joints (20-413E) plus some other stuff today.

They look like they'll work well.

If only I could find the 4 MWDA KC's I own. Imagine there's a smiley bawling it's eyes out here.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #12 on: 22 October 2011, 21:27:29 »
 [metalhealth] or [madflame] might work?

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Register