Author Topic: Deadborder's TRO Colourisations  (Read 51806 times)

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Re: Deadborder's TRO Colourisations
« Reply #60 on: 27 April 2014, 07:56:37 »
I like the Free Thud paint scheme, thanks for making it happen, Deadborder!
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #61 on: 02 June 2014, 09:02:34 »

This Marauder II was used by the terrorist Qizilqum Liberation Front, and came as something of a shock to the mercenaries hired to shut them down. Read about what happened next on my campaign blog
« Last Edit: 02 June 2014, 09:04:08 by Deadborder »
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #62 on: 11 June 2014, 01:02:50 »

This 'Mech is from the 13th Wolf Guard Battle Cluster, Beta Galaxy, Wolf Empire. It was recently spotted on Keystone, oddly well away from the rest of the Cluster.

Not gonna lie. The Wolf Beta colour scheme is as boring as all get out.

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #63 on: 11 June 2014, 05:50:13 »
That really slick colorization, I like it.  The 13th's Guards paint scheme and rest of Beta Galaxy's units are all like this.  I don't mind it, it reminds me of Desert camo in a way.  Least they don't clash too much with other Mechs.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #64 on: 11 June 2014, 19:09:41 »
Unfortunately, I couldn't find an insignia fro the 13th Wolf Guards Battle Cluster; there's one for WiE's 13th Wolf Guards, but that's a different unit alltogether

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #65 on: 07 July 2014, 05:51:01 »
So as a change from the normal. I'm actually looking for some opinions. I'm creating a unit for a potential AToW game (yes a second; I'm insane) and trying to come up with a colour scheme. I put out opinions to the players and the result was... interesting. They came up with four different colour schemes, which I tested out on the Defiance (because one of the potential PCs pilots a Defiance and I had a colourised Defiance for reasons)

So now I present the four potential colour schemes for feedback and opinions.

Scheme 1: "Sexy dark green and black"

Scheme 2: "Royal blue and silver or gold"

Scheme 3: "Deep purple and orange, like a pimp reverse Alley Viper"

Scheme 4: "Rusty red truck"

Brother Jim

• Lieutenant
« Reply #66 on: 07 July 2014, 17:16:32 »
How about a Deep Purple and Gold??

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #67 on: 07 July 2014, 18:43:08 »
Rusty / dark green and black?

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Diablo48

• Major
« Reply #68 on: 07 July 2014, 19:14:46 »
I like the blue and silver best, although the green and black is a close second.

View my design musings or request your own custom ride here.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #69 on: 07 July 2014, 20:10:16 »
Scheme 2 is number 1 for me. Trailing is 1 and 4.   3 doesn't do it for me.

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
« Reply #70 on: 07 July 2014, 23:21:18 »
I dig 2 and 3 O0
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

Orion

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #71 on: 08 July 2014, 10:59:11 »
Blue is best, green is quite nice as well.  Red is doable, but well back from the other two.  Really, green or brown camo is the only way to go.

Purple and orange would make me consider leaving the campaign.  To even see that monstrosity on the table, let alone be forced to use it, is evil.  It screams out the message that we are not playing a serious wargame to me.
Game mechanics are a way of resolving questions in play, not explanations of the world itself.

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
« Reply #72 on: 08 July 2014, 23:42:56 »
  To even see that monstrosity on the table, let alone be forced to use it, is evil....
...And some people wonder why I have a problem with parade schemes  ;D
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #73 on: 16 August 2014, 00:35:47 »

This Wolfhound is wearing the parade colours of Carson's Carnivores, a mercenary unit. The Carnivores paint their 'Mechs bright red with yellow stripes on the limbs. Feet and hands are often painted to look like claws, and some feature teeth painted on their heads

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #74 on: 16 August 2014, 00:39:45 »

The Liberty City Royals' ‘Mechs and vehicles are painted in the Royals’ old gang colours of green and white, with many of them sporting graffiti-like details. Some ‘Mechs have a gold “crown” on their heads; this is a reward for a member of the unit who has either scored five kills or performed exceptional duty for the unit.

Mastergunz

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
  • BBBBBBRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTT
« Reply #75 on: 16 August 2014, 00:52:46 »
Seriously nice work! I have GIMP and never knew it was capable of this. :p Is it terribly difficult?

-Gunz
" also, didn't you know mechs are able to run their massive energy weapons and all only because of their super secret fusion engine designs? the fusion engines actually turn rage and tears generated on the internet, wirelessly into usable power for the machines." -steelblueskies

"I find that alcohol bestows a variety of tactical options."

"Hotwire your imagination into your sense of self-preservation, and see what percolates." -Weirdo

Follow along with my miniature exploits on my Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/MastergunzPaintWorx

grimlock1

• Captain
« Reply #76 on: 17 September 2014, 08:49:23 »

This 'Mech is from the 13th Wolf Guard Battle Cluster, Beta Galaxy, Wolf Empire. It was recently spotted on Keystone, oddly well away from the rest of the Cluster.

Not gonna lie. The Wolf Beta colour scheme is as boring as all get out.

What is that particular beastie?
I'm rarely right... Except when I am.  ---  Idle question.  What is the BV2 of dread?
Apollo's Law- if it needs Clan tech to make it useable, It doesn't deserve those resources in the first place.
Sure it isn't the most practical 'mech ever designed, but it's a hundred ton axe-murderer. If loving that is wrong I don't wanna be right.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #77 on: 17 September 2014, 09:06:53 »
Warwolf, from TRO3145

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #78 on: 11 December 2014, 03:14:13 »

(then) Irregulars commander Annika Magyari's TDR-9M Thunderbolt, circa 3075. This BattleMech was heavily customised, including both experimental and Clan-tech components. As a historical note, Sel Magyari, the Irregulars' first leader also piloted a Thunderbolt.

LGB-12C Longbow, piloted by Chaver Hohsq, a member of the Irregulars circa 3075. After the Jihad, Hohsq would retire from the Irregulars an move to Terra, where he opened a pub.

Bruce Wolf's SCB-9T Scarabus "Drop Bear", circa 3133. At this time, Bruce Wolf was a MechWarrior in the Steel Wolves' Wolf Lancer cluster. Like many other Steel Wolves, he left the faction when Anastasia Kerensky reformed them into a mercenary unit

Raymonds' Roughnecks were a mercenary unit that had a long-standing feud with Magyari's Irregulars. During the Jihad, the Roughnecks worked for the Word of Blake, and were destroyed. This GAL-1GAS Gallowgas, nickanmed "Coffin Nail" was piloted by Nina Raymond, the unit's last commander who died at the controls of the 'Mech.

SKW-4G Shockwave piloted by Joaquim Getz, a member of Bannson's Raiders, circa 3133. The present whereabouts of both the 'Mech and its pilot are unknown

GHR-7P Grasshopper "Shocker" piloted by bounty hunter Violette Juste. The 'Mech replaces one of its Large X-Pulse Lasers with a TSEMP cannon, among other modifications.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #79 on: 11 December 2014, 06:55:33 »
nice to you see you colorizing again.  This batch is beautiful.  Are the Dark Age paint schemes canon?

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #80 on: 11 December 2014, 07:30:25 »
As near as I can tell, the Bannson's Raiders and Steel Wolf colours are "canon until stated otherwise". So I'm going to go with that.

Mastergunz

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
  • BBBBBBRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTT
« Reply #81 on: 12 December 2014, 12:49:57 »
We are working on making several of the DA schemes official canon. Stay tuned!  ;)

Also, from the first page, the 2 tone red with green madcat III is very striking. May have to borrow that.

-Gunz
" also, didn't you know mechs are able to run their massive energy weapons and all only because of their super secret fusion engine designs? the fusion engines actually turn rage and tears generated on the internet, wirelessly into usable power for the machines." -steelblueskies

"I find that alcohol bestows a variety of tactical options."

"Hotwire your imagination into your sense of self-preservation, and see what percolates." -Weirdo

Follow along with my miniature exploits on my Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/MastergunzPaintWorx

Kojak

• Major
  • Melancon Lives!
« Reply #82 on: 14 December 2014, 02:58:36 »
Hey, I don't suppose you'd be willing to take a lone request? I'd love to get this picture colored like Nick Kerensky's personal Atlas (IOW Golden Keshik colors), so that I can use it as an avatar with the caption "Wolf Clan ain't nothin' to ****** wit'."
« Last Edit: 15 December 2014, 17:03:00 by Kojak »

"Deep down, I suspect the eject handle on the Hunchback IIC was never actually connected to anything. The regs just say it has to be there."
- Klarg1

Terrace

• Lieutenant
« Reply #83 on: 18 December 2014, 14:27:31 »
Hey, do you do requests? If so, I'd like four 'Mechs colored. A Timber Wolf D (like my avatar), a Maelstrom, a Bushwhacker, and a Black Hawk-KU A, all in gray with occasional streaks of red, designed to resemble rust.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #84 on: 19 December 2014, 03:00:43 »
The following quartet are from an AToW game that may yet actually get off the ground. Thanks to those who helped me come up with the unit colour scheme.

Wade Weston, the commander of the Mercenary 5th Royce Dragoons, formerly was a part of the RAF's Fletcher Planetary Guard, as was the Black Knight he pilots. The 'Mech is seen here in the colours of his command.

This Dragon Fire is piloted by Eva Markev, a lieutenant in the 5th Royce Dragoons. Like Markev, it is a survivor of her now-defunct prior command.

This Defiance is owned and operated by Flax "Barney" Barnstible, a MechWarrior in the 5th Royce Dragoons. The 'Mech was formerly used by her father, a disgraced LCAF officer.

The BattleMech of paleontologist turned Mercenary Haki Aardvarkssen, this Axeman has been nicknamed "Harriet" by its pilot.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #85 on: 05 January 2015, 02:40:20 »
Another one from the AToW game!

This Scourge was piloted by long-time Irregulars member Charlie Bull, until his death in battle. It was later piloted by his niece, Carrie. The right arm is painted in the colours of Team Red Truck, a Solaris VII stable that she was formerly a part of before leaving under questionable circumstances

Nekoryu

• Master Sergeant
  • All Good Things Come In Cans; Even People!
    • The Plano Mechwarrior and Battletech Guild
« Reply #86 on: 05 January 2015, 10:24:13 »
I do enjoy these so much. I've seen people that color the work of other catch so much crap in the art community for not being 'real' artists. I've always thought it was just complete bull. So, does that mean that if you can draw,but not color that you aren't a 'real' artist? And lets not forget those butts who think they're superior simply because they have a degree, and that if you're self-taught, you have no business being creative unless you get a degree. *shakes head*

It's nice to see someone who does great color work welcome in a community. :D I can color pretty well, but when it comes tro designing paint schemes for vehicles and mechs...can't do it.
So, now the Thor has TWO really angry nipple piercings. - Zerokei
He fell over, is on fire and now he's been karate-kicked in the face. Is the dancing on his chest really neccessary? - GM

The Plano MechWarrior and BattleTech Guild: Join Us On Facebook!

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #87 on: 05 January 2015, 16:37:23 »
Thanks for that. I just really enjoy colouring art, and I've managed to get myself down to a process that's realitvely simple and painless. Often the hardest part is dividing up a colour scheme and deciding what should go where.

Besides, you've seen my DA page. You know what my freehand art looks like

spacewolflord

• Corporal
  • Been one since Second
« Reply #88 on: 07 February 2015, 11:25:10 »
That Black Knight is just sexy.  Everything else is still top notch but there is something about the BK that is just special to me.
The Intuitive Mind is a sacred gift, the Rational mind, a loyal servant. Our society has honored the servant and forgotten the gift.
- Albert Einstein

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #89 on: 13 November 2015, 03:25:22 »

Tian-Zong, 1st Liao Guards, circa 3145

(I only recently found out that the unit even had a canon colour scheme, which is why I hadn't done this one as yet)