Author Topic: Robotech Forces  (Read 4334 times)

Mackie

• Recruit
Robotech Forces
« on: 21 November 2017, 14:05:49 »
I am working to make Unit Cards for RDF, Zentraedi, and Invid Forces to pit against Battlemechs in Alpha Strike. Has anyone done some of these already? I am struggling how to classify and stat Veritechs, Battlepods, and Invid Troopers etc...on unit cards for Alpha Strike.
This Battletech thing is so exciting I just couldn't give it up. It just gets in your blood or something; I don't know.

Daemion

• Major
  • The Future of BattleTech
    • Never Tales and Other Daydreams
Re: Robotech Forces
« Reply #1 on: 22 November 2017, 11:44:40 »
Are you going for fun? If so, give a quick look at the RPG Tactics stats.

They may seem a little powerful, so it's possible you should at the very least cut the values in half.

Give me a week. If nobody has replied by then, I have the info and will post it.

I, myself, am working on something a little more complicated than alpha strike, complete with unique record sheets - for integration with classic BT.

I can tell you right now that BattlePods are more likely to be 3 levels tall, simply because they're carrying around a human giant.
They're statted to be 17-18 meters tall. With each level being 6 meters, it's pretty easy to figure out. But, as for size, that's something else entirely. They may be big, but they max out at 50-60 tons, depending on load.

The RDF stuff on the other hand, matches BT stuff in size category (2m tall), but is extremely light. The destroids range from 25 to 35 tons and the veritechs don't quite top 15.

It's your world. You can do anything you want in it. - Bob Ross

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

I helped make a game! ^_^  - Forge Of War: Tactics

Mackie

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: 22 November 2017, 14:48:30 »
Thanks Daemion,

Yes, just for fun. Robotech was my first love and introduced me to the genre. I would greatly appreciate that. I haven't learned how to play Classic BT or Alpha Strike yet, but I will. If you can stat the Zentraedi and Invid as micronized pilots and their mechs to what they would be in Alpha Strike that would be grand.
« Last Edit: 22 November 2017, 14:53:31 by Mackie »
This Battletech thing is so exciting I just couldn't give it up. It just gets in your blood or something; I don't know.

Andras

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 26 November 2017, 19:58:28 »
These aren't for Alpha Strike, but regular BT.

UNS series mediums.
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,15254

Mackie

• Recruit
« Reply #4 on: 26 November 2017, 21:21:42 »
Thanks Andras, I will take a look at them.

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #5 on: 27 November 2017, 07:33:10 »
Some great designs
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Daemion

• Major
Re: Robotech Forces - RPG Tactics Stats
« Reply #6 on: 03 December 2017, 11:07:07 »
Valkyrie

Okay. We'll start off with the most iconic, though not necessarily everyone's favorite, the Valkyrie.

Remember that the VF-1 has 4 different head types. There is a 5th the -1R, but that is an overall equipment upgrade, including the head design, so the stats are different.

Note - range and speed are in table-top inches. 
          MD is Mega Damage, per the Palladium RPG.
          MDC is basically the hit points, or Mega Damage Capacity.
          There is no ammo tracking for most minor weapon systems, only for Missiles.
          Each vehicle in RPG Tactics has a static gunnery, piloting and defense value. These have no real effect on, nor reflect the BattleTech stats of the same name, so I'm ignoring them for now. If you wanted, since these don't function like BattleMechs, you could use the defense values as target crit values to determine effects.

- General Stats -
MDC  =  14
Speed (Battloid)   =  5
Speed (Guardian) = 10
Speed (Fighter)    = 12

- Weapons -
GU-11 Gun Pod - Range = 12 :  MD = 6 : It can be used more than once per turn, and in Battloid mode, the base range is doubled.

Wing Hard Points x4 (Missile) - Range = 24 : MD = 9 Per Missile : Ammo - 3 per hardpoint (12 total) - can be fired in volleys of 4

Head Laser (1A) - Range = 9 : MD = 1 : Can be used as an AMS
Head Laser (1J/1D)  -              MD = 2
Head Laser (1S) -                   MD = 4

According to the RPG Macross Saga Sourcebook, the VF-1 series chassis is 15 tons, dry. An ultra-light BattleMech.  That doesn't include the missiles or the gun pod.

The gun pod only weighs 157.5 kg, or .1575 tons, and though handheld in nature, is treated as if the VF was designed with it internally, so it can be held single-handed, though it gets all the benefits of being able to switch hands or dual-wield for stability and range. How you want to handle this is up to you.

The base speed for RPG tactics is very under-performance, probably because you can double-move in the game. According to the RPG it's supposed to have a max running speed of 194 Km/h. In Guardian Mode, it can move 500 km/h. Fighter Mode at sea level can flight 1715 km/h (Mach 1.4).

As you can see, directly porting these over to Alpha Strike, damage-wise, might not be a good idea.

Cutting the damage and hit point capacity in half is okay. By four might be more fitting to their tonnage and the fact that they are nowhere near what should be coming out of the 25+ centuries. (A big for example is the 35 ton Tomahawk which has a whopping MDC of 19 or the Spartan's (Archer's) 16. That's well above an Atlas.)

Something else to keep in mind, these are styled something like how we face and defeat armor in our 21st century. So, you might want to treat the MDC as internal structure. Or, you can simply treat it all as armor, and once it's gone, the is no IS to crit out. It really depends on how you want to play them.

Coming up later, the VF - 1R, Supers, Destroids, and BattlePods.

« Last Edit: 03 December 2017, 23:07:46 by Daemion »

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

Daemion

• Major
« Reply #7 on: 03 December 2017, 14:07:46 »
Other Valkyrie Variants
Note: The VF-1D is the dual pilot Valk.

VEF-1
(This is the EW Valk)
Same Profiles as the VF-1D, including head lasers. However, it's missile hard points only carry six missiles total, which have a 36" range, but still do 6 MD.

Doesn't carry a Gun Pod, but is equipped with EW gear.

There is no indication that the EW gear adds any significant weight to the VF chassis.

VF-1R Upgrade
(The Tricorn head Valk)

- General Stats -
MDC = 17
Speed (Battloid)   =  6
Speed (Guardian) = 12
Speed (Fighter)    = 14

- Weapons -
Same as the other Valkyrie variants (Specifically the -1J), but includes the following:
LAC-20  - Range = 9 : MD = 3 : also can be used as AMS
MDS-M-4 Mini Missile System
             - Range = 12 : MD = 2 per missile : Ammo 4 : Can be used as AMS

Like the VEF-1, there's no indication of a tonnage change from VF-1 to a -1R.

Super Valkyrie
The Fast Pack is an add-on to any of the standard Valkyries, or even the VF-1R Upgrade. It increases the speed of the equipped Veritech and adds the Hailstorm missile system.

- General Stat Changes -
(VF-1 A/D/J/S)
Speed (Battloid)   =  6
Speed (Guardian) = 14
Speed (Fighter)    = 16

(VF-1R)
Speed (Battloid)   =  7
Speed (Guardian) = 16
Speed (Fighter)    = 18

- Weapons -
MDS-L-46 Hailstorm Missile System
                - Range = 18 : MD = 6 per missile : Ammo = 46, fired in volleys of 8

The Fast Pack adds 8 tons to the Valkyrie's weight, dry. It carries 46 missiles, each 15 kg (total 690).

So, a fully kitted Super Valkyrie sans Gun Pod weighs 23.69 tons.
With the Gun Pod, it weighs 23.8475 tons

Armored Valkyrie
The GBP-1S Modular Armor is strapped to any VF in Battloid Mode, and must be jettisoned before the Valk can change modes.

-General Stat Changes-
MDC = 22 : Subtract 8 when the pack is jettisoned.

Speed (Battloid) = 4 (It can still fly)

-Weapons-
In addition to the Gun Pod and Head Lasers:
MDS-L-70 Barrage Missile System
              - Range = 18, MD = 6 per missile : Ammo = 72*, and is fired in barrages of 8

Note - there seems to be no -1R stats for the Armored Valkyrie. If you were to outfit one, it's safe to assume it adds 8 to the -1Rs MDC, and the Speed is reduced by 1.

Secondary Note - There's no way this can go on a VEF-1 EW Valkyrie.

Tertiary Note - The Armor System adds 16.2 tons to the Valkyrie's weight, dry. The dry weight that doesn't include the 70* missiles the system sports. Each missile is simply 15 kg. That's an additional 1.05 tons.

So, a fully kitted Armored Valkyrie, without Gun Pod weighs 32.25 tons.
With the Gun Pod, it weighs 32.4075 tons

* = The RPG ammo count versus the RPG Tactics count were made due to an oversimplification on the part of RPG Tactics. If you want to be true to actual ammo count, default to the RPG stats.

Jotun Armored Valkyrie
MVAS-2 Fast Pack is an interesting compromise between the Fast Pack and Armor Pack systems. With a handheld shield, it seems to have better protection. Like the Armor System, the Valkyrie can only mount it in Battloid mode and must jettison it to transform. Again there seems to be no stats for mounting it on a -1R or VEF-1. It's possible to potentially add it to a VF-1R by adding 12 MDC and reducing the speed by 1.

-General Stat Changes-
MDC = 26 : When jettisoned, subtract 12 from the remaining MDC.
Speed (Battloid) = 4

-Weapons-
Like the Armor System, the Jotun armor complements the Valkyries existing Gun Pod and Head Lasers with a lightened Hailstorm Missile Pack.

MDS-L-23 Hailstorm Missile System
              - Range = 18 : MD = 6 per missile : 24* Missiles fired in volleys of 4

That ends the highly versatile Valkyrie and all its potential add-ons.

Final Note - I would like to add that the Valkyrie can also carry the Stun Baton issued to the Spartan in Riot Control Duties. I'll have to dig out the upgrade card for the general damage it can do.

I have no clue how much this actually weighs. It's probably somewhere between the Armored and Fast Pack weights. It actually probably only sports 23 missiles.
« Last Edit: 03 December 2017, 22:59:36 by Daemion »

Daemion

• Major
« Reply #8 on: 03 December 2017, 22:46:49 »
Filled in the Armored Veritech variants above.

There was one more Veritech included in the RPG Tactics Rulebook, and I'll add it here for completeness.

YF-4 Prototype Veritech
This was a limited run prototype which didn't really see any action until after

-General Stats-
MDC = 16
Speed (Battloid)   =  6
Speed (Guardian) = 11
Speed (Fighter)    = 14

-Weapons-
Dual LLW-60 CIWS Beam Cannons (one each mounted in the forearms)
                          - Range = 12 : MD = 6 : can act as AMS, and can be fired multiple times a turn. Like with the VF-1 and the Gun Pod, it can have its range extended to 18 while in Battloid Mode.

MDS-M-4 Mini-Missile System
                          - Range = 12 : MD = 2 per missile : Ammo = 4 and can fire any number of them at a time. They can be used in an AMS capacity.

Recessed LRMs (not BT)
                          - Range = 48 : MD = 9 per missile : Ammo = 6 and can fire any number of them at a time. These are area effect missiles which can act like light artillery, effecting all units inside a hex.

Note - in RPG Tactics, there is a leadership model which hat the capacity to add command points to a general pool to allow extra attacks or other actions in a turn.

Special Note: I have no clue how much these were supposed to weigh.

Something I forgot to add to the entry above, earlier, but have added now, I'll repeat here.

The VF-1 Series, according to the RPG Macross Sourcebook has them weighing 15 tons. The Gun Pod was not included, but only added a whopping 157.5 Kg (350 pounds), fully loaded. I'm guessing a lot of the stats were ripped off Macross Model boxes. I still call Bull SBIT on that weight, since I weigh that much, and don't take up near as much volume.

The Armor System adds 16.2 tons to the Valkyrie's weight, dry. (I think. The way the entry is written, it's simply about the Armor system, but, I can see an interpretation that the Valkyrie's new weight is 16.2 metric tons.) That's a dry weight that doesn't include the 70 missiles the system sports. Each missile is simply 15 kg. That's an additional 1.05 tons.

So, a fully kitted Armored Valkyrie, without Gun Pod weighs 32.25 tons.
With the Gun Pod, it weighs 32.4075 tons

The Fast Pack adds 8 tons to the Valkyrie's weight, dry. It carries 46 missiles, each 15 kg (total 690).

So, a fully kitted Super Valkyrie sans Gun Pod weighs 23.69 tons.
With the Gun Pod, it weighs 23.8475 tons

While the Gun Pod may be a hand-held weapon, the Veritech was designed with the Pod's weight in mind, so it can carry it as if the weapon was part of the Mecha's tonnage.

Daemion

• Major
« Reply #9 on: 03 December 2017, 23:25:07 »
Just for fun, because it's in the book, I'm adding these objective/support craft.

QF-3000 Ghost

The Ghost is a non-variable UAV designed to operate from air bases, carrier decks and spaceborne ARMD carriers. It's a drone.

-General Stats-
MDC   =  9
Speed = 10

-Weapons-
30mm ACs - Range = 24 : MD = 12 : Note that there's more than one, probably 2.**

Dual MDS-RF-5 Missile Launchers 
                  Short Range Missiles    - Range = 18 : MD = 6 per missile : 40 missiles, fired in volleys of 4**
                  Medium Range Missiles  - Range = 24 : MD = 9 per missile : 20 missiles, fired in volleys of 4**
Note - the drone has both kinds of missiles in its magazines, but may only fire one type per turn, as per standard BT missile munitions rules.

** for units with multiple weapons, RPG Tactics lumps them together. So, the ACs and Missile Launchers are both contributing to the final MDC damage or volley size. This goes for the VF-1 variants already listed, and will become more apparent with the Destroids and BattlePods later.

SF-3A Lancer II

This space fighter was 'built around its guns'. UEDF engineers designed the biggest weapon they could, slapped on some engines and wrapped a fuselage around it. It is that twin-cannoned space fighter we see at the beginning of the Macross Saga.

As a dedicated space fighter, it can only be used in space battles.

-General Stats-
MDC    = 11
Speed = 11

-Weapons-
Double-Barreled Plasma Beam Cannon - Range = 48 : MD = 10**

MDS-L-12 SRM Launcher (not BT) - Range = 18 : MD = 6 per missile : Ammo = 6 : May fire any and all missiles and can be used as AMS.

Daemion

• Major
« Reply #10 on: 03 December 2017, 23:38:42 »
Okay. I'm feeling a little tuckered. So, tomorrow, I'll turn to the ground with Destroids and BattlePods.

A change in assessment -

Just looking at the stats, even though many weapon systems are linked for RPG Tactics, it hasn't gone the full 'lump total damage by range' that Alpha Strike has done for BattleTech.

It really is pretty safe to assume that any Robotech Mecha can fire all its weapons inside a standard BattleTech turn. Heck, the RPG may have had 14-second turn-lengths, but each unit could make up to 7 attacks a turn if the pilots were sufficiently leveled.

When I was looking at a simple RPG mod to integrate with BattleTech, I was looking at treating the Missiles as the common denominator. As large as they are depicted, I had no problem imagining that each medium sized missile was the equivalent of an LRM-5 volley. It works out, too, with an LRM-5 having 24 rounds of ammo, and splitting it between 8 launchers on the Spartan or Tomahawk, 4 to each torso, you come to about the same performance in BT.

That meant, to me, that each missile would be averaging 3 points of damage and maxing out at 5. RPG Tactics looks to assume max damage. So, it feels pretty close. The MDC for the Mecha can be interpreted as the CT internals. Almost right, but a little high for 15, 20, 25 and 30 tonners. I'll have to look at what the CT Internals are for those weight classes tomorrow.

So, stat-wise, RPG Tactics looks like it should be a straight port for BattleTech in a lot of ways.

So, if you're going to convert this to Alpha Strike, you'll need to do the same thing that Alpha Strike does for BattleTech weapons. You're going to have to add up the values and find out how much is done at which range brackets, then determine what divisor you want to make things interesting.

So, for now, I'm out. Be back with more tomorrow.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #11 on: 06 December 2017, 21:40:04 »
Are there stats for the Sparta, Myrmidon and Kratos Hovertanks?

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Daemion

• Major
« Reply #12 on: 06 December 2017, 23:00:55 »

TT

Not in the core rulebook.

Sorry for the delay, but things got in the way of spare time. I'll be doing the Destroids and Pods tomorrow. Or, sometime before this weekend.

Daemion

• Major
« Reply #13 on: 10 December 2017, 02:18:01 »
Okay. Finally - the iconic (and legally contested) Destroid Mecha

Tomahawk (BT's Warhammer)

-General Stats-
MDC   = 19
Speed =  5 (88 km/h in RPG. 5/8 MP for BT)

-Weapons-
Dual HPC-155 HPACs         - Range = 36 : MD = 8* (The Arm Cannons)
Dual TZ-IV Clusters           - Range =   9 : MD = 8* (One Cluser in each side torso)
Dual MDS-L-12 Launchers - Range = 18 : MD = 6 per missile : Ammo = 24, fired in volleys of 4. (One launcher and 12 missiles in each side torso)
MDS-M-6 ADM Launcer      - Range = 18 : MD = 6 per missile : Ammo = 6, fired off in any size volley desired. (Over Right Shoulder)
Quad RDS-2 Rocket Boxes - Range = 12 : MD = 2 per rocket : Ammo = 8 total missiles, two per box. (Two on each hip.)
Dual .50 Cal Machine Guns  - Range =  9  : MD = 4* (Mounted in the 'Head')

* = A reminder that the damage values for these are combined across multiple weapons fired in tandem. So, each HPC would actually be doing 4 damage. Each TZ-IV cluster would total 4 damage. I say total because the cluster is a combination of weapons.

Secondary Note: All Missile Weapons on the Tommy can be used in an Anti-Missile System Capacity.

Observation: I didn't like how the TZ-IVs were handled. However, having looked at the RPG stats, the Autocannons in the RPG actually rival the HPCs, and even the GU-11 gun-pod for damage capacity, and these are probably carrying the throw-weight of the cluster. The other three weapons (Flamer, Laser, and Mortar) don't do a lot of MDC damage. They seem more for anti-infantry and light armor work. At one point, a friend of mine and I played around with making the Robotech Mechs in Heavy Metal, and we classed these weapons more in the BT Infantry Weapons range. I was hoping for a little more Jack-knife utility in the damage function, but there seemed to be no room for that in the final RPG Tactics game design. I would have loved for splash damage and fires from the flamer, an easy 1 or 2 points from the lasers, or indirect fire capacity with the mortar, and finally shear damage capacity from the ACs. (Shrug)

-Other Stats-
Dry Weight              = 28.00 tons
HPC Weight             =      .245 each (x2)
Missile Weight          =      .015 each (x30)
Micro Rocket Weight =      .00226 each (x8)
Misc Ordinance         =      .1 (estimate - could be more)
Pilot                        =      .1 (That's more than enough. We're talking 220 lbs.)
Total                       = 29.15808

To be on the safe side, lets round up to 30 tons.

Those are the only weapons weights given. Everything else is 'built into the chassis' including the search light and shoulder launcher, which I look on in askance because those two items look like they're removable.

Defender (BT's Rifleman)

-General Stats-
MDC = 11
Speed = 6 (98 km/h - 6/9 MP)

-Weapons-
Dual M-996 AA ACs - Range = 36 : MD = 8* : Ammo = Not listed (1500 rounds per arm, fired in 20-round bursts. 75 shots.) Anti-Aircraft targeting, and can be used as AMS. Can flip arms.

-Other Stats-
Dry Weight = 21.7 tons

There are no other weights listed, not even for ordinance. Assuming half a kg per round, that's only 1.5 tons extra. If anyone wants to have fun hunting down weights for 78mm AA ordinance, you might get a more accurate ammo tonnage. Rounding up to 25 tons isn't hard, and it actually fits a single engine rating functioning across three different chassis types.

The Defender is also equipped with an advanced EW/Sensor system that can almost act as a C3 Master Computer in a lot of ways, with the Phalanx being tied in with a slave system. How much of the chassis is dedicated to that system is beyond me, but it's a significant portion of the machine. Not just the Radome, but the 'Cockpit Glass' is part of the huge camera system that takes up most of the front. The pilot is actually enclosed in an armored cockpit behind said system, under the radome motor housing.

Phalanx (BT's Longbow)

-General Stats-
MDC = 11
Speed = 5 (72km/h, rounding down to 4/6 MP in BT. Ordinance Weight will show you why.)

-Weapons-
Dual MDS-H-22 Derringer Launchers - Range = 48 : MD = 9 per missile : Ammo = 44 missiles (22 per launcher), fired in volleys of 4. They have artillery splash damage, though that's not much. (Only units inside the same hex would get hit.)

-Other Stats-
Dry Weight        =  22.2 tons
Ordinace Weight =      .45 tons per artillery missile (x44)
Pilot                   =     .1

Total                  = 42.1 tons

Easily rounded up to 45 tons.

Observation: That's right! Each missile weighs nearly half a ton. Arrow 4 missiles at least give you 5 missiles for 1000 kg. After firing only 5 missiles, it will have dropped below 40 tons. Another 10 or 11, and it's down to 35 tons. After 27 missiles, it's down to 30 tons. With 6 missiles remaining, it would be just below 25 tons.

Without knowing the exact amount of Chassis space went into the launchers, and we assume that the two chassis are working off the same engine, you could extrapolate that the Phalanx should be able to run 6/9 dry, and then recalculate the MP rate for different levels of ordinace load. A 150 rated Engine would fit well for this, although used inefficiently for the Phalanx at 45 tons. Going with that design standard, it should start with a MP allowance of 3/5, then go up to 4/6 when it weighs 37.5 tins or less. At 30 tons it goes up to 5/8, and finally, at 25 tons or near dry, it's running at 6/9.

It's simply a matter of finding the appropriate ammo counts as your threshold. This is something I've already chosen to do. When statting out these three destroids, I assumed a single chassis total weight of 45 tons as the max load. Heck you could even go 50 for your base chassis, assuming discarded plans for other role modifications. Went with a 150 rated engine. Came up with some excuse to fill in the 2 tons for the non-existence gyro system you find in BattleMechs. Decided on weights for the weapons since they eat up tonnage for armor thickness. And filled in. You're not left with much when it comes to armor points, even with a generous 16 per ton. But, instead of going with strict BT armor allocation, I've come up with something a little more intricate. It, however, relies on custom made sheets, which I'm still working on.

Spartan (BT's Archer)
-General Stats-
MDC = 16
Speed = 7 (104 Km/h. 7/11 comes closest in BT.)

-Weapons-
Dual MDS-L-12 Launchers - Exact match of Tomahawk's side torso missile launchers, including ammo count.
TZ-IV Gun Cluster - Half-strength version of the Tomahawk's, because there's only one, in the Center Torso.
LWS-20 Point Defense Lasers - Range = 9, MD = 2, used as AMS, mounted on turret on top of Mech with full 360 degree arc. (Head?)

-Other Stats-
Dry Weight                    = 29.4 tons
Missile Ordinance Weight =     .015 (x24)
Misc Ordinance (TZ-IV)    =    .1 (Estimate. Again, no weight given.)
Pilot                              =     .1

Total                             = 29.96 tons

Yeah. Round up to 30 tons.

Note: The Spartan, according to the RPG was using an experimental 'muscle' system to power its limbs. (Sounds familiar, right?) This definitely gives it a boost to its physical attacks. +2 Tactics damage. This might explain the boost in speed. However, it's possible that because this design was going in a completely divergent direction than the MBR main program, that it could be using a completely different power plant entirely.

Observation: It's hard to say for sure, but a lot of tech was scavenged from the downed alien craft which became the SDF-1. If there were standard BattlePods on board, it's entirely possible that this musculature was pulled from the. This would help explain how spindly the Zentraedi pods all look.

Note: Because the Spartan has hands, it can carry a special stun baton, as well as the GU-11 gun pod, and any other innovations they design in the future.

-Physical Attacks-
Club             - MD = 4
Punch           - MD = 2
Kick              - MD = 3
Stomp          - MD = 4
Power Punch - MD = 4
Jump Kick     - MD = 5

Final Note: All of these Destroids are Capable of minor thruster assisted leaps. (15m horizontal, or 6m vertical /10m for the Spartan.) Not enough to actually get a full jump MP, and most likely is used in tandem with its normal walking/running movement. To simulate this, they get a free once-per-turn MP reduction on any adverse terrain. I'd bet it's safe to say that the Spartan can jump two levels for free.

Daemion

• Major
« Reply #14 on: 10 December 2017, 02:49:21 »
The Monster

So big, it deserved its own post.

-General Stats-
MDC = 24
Speed = 3 (40 km/h running speed. Using the alternative sprinting rules, you can get that with a 2/3 MP profile.)

Note: the Monster has terrain restrictions in RPG Tactics due to the Cumbersome trait. "Rough Terrain is treated as Deadly Terrain for movement purposes." Makes sense, although the scale that the mini is playing at is supposed to be pretty tight, so rough terrain in BT terms, which is spread across 30 meters (99 feet), might not apply in this instance.

-Weapons-
Quad M-400 Artillery Cannons             - Range = 60 : MD = 12 : Ammo = 16 shots!! Total of 32 shells.
Dual MMDS-12 Multi-Missile Launchers - Range = 24 : MD = 9 per missile : Ammo = 12. Can fire any number at once.

Note: The Cannons have 5 ordinance options - APFSDS, HEAT, MPAT, Plasma, and Smoke. It's safe to assume that the damage being applied in RPG Tactics is the MPAT as it has a 30m blast-radius. So does Plasma, but that's incendiary, starting fires. And, smoke is obvious but with a 152m diameter cloud. The other two are directed at particular targets.

Secondary Note: In the RPG, the Cannons have a refresh rate of 15 seconds. In RPG:Tactics, the Monster is allowed a 'fire for effect' type attack, allowing it to double the damage for the turn, but have to sit out next turn.

Tertiary Note: The Medium Range Missiles are supposed to be from a wide range of ordinance options. That is not listed in the Macross Sourcebook, but is in the core RPG rulebook, which I will have to dig out. For now, stick with the HE rounds which are undoubtedly listed.

Final Note: According to the RPG, combining GPS and other tactical data, the fire from the Monster is supposed to be extremely accurate, to within a 9 meter drift radius. In a BattleTech environment, with lots of ambient signal jamming from 26th century+ signal systems, including stuff carried by the lowly grunt, you can justify standard high failure rates and drift for artillery attacks from the Monster onto any BattleTech unit.

-Other Stats-
Dry Weight = 370 tons

If the Phalanx is any indicator, the ordinance can probably get the weight up to a full 400 tons.

Daemion

• Major
« Reply #15 on: 10 December 2017, 03:37:46 »
Zentradi BattlePods

After all the stuff that went into the Valkyries and Destroids, the Zentradi forces are oddly uniform, but with a similar versatility seen in the VF-1, although it's a little more than head lasers.

The Regult is the standard pod, with what looks like rear firing lasers on top. Those can be swapped out for other options, usually artillery missiles, either light (Luuhaug) or heavy (Serauhaug). Finally, all the weapons can be stripped to allow for Recon sensors and EW warfare (Quel-Regult).

Regult BattlePod

-General Stats-
MDC = 5 (All Regult variants)
Speed = 4 (Serauhaug  - 128 km/h in the RPG. 8/12 MP.)
Speed = 5 (Standard and Gluuhaug - 282 km/h for standard. 18/27 MP.  144 km/h for Gluuhaug. 9/14 MP.)
Speed = 6 (Quel - 225 km/h. 15/23 MP)

Note: They are all capable of leaps, practically double with thruster assistance. (60m, more or less for standard and Quel. Approximately 30m for the two artillery variants.) Again, this is probably in tandem with the standard walk/run MP, and not in lieu of for a full 10 seconds like in BattleTech. So, a supplemental free 1-4 mp.

Observation: Yeah, don't ask me how they worked the speed out on that one. I think the RPG was taking some liberties with payload.

-Weapons-
(All) Dual HPCs                              - Range = 18 : MD = 4*
(All) Dual ACs                                - Range = 12 : MD = 2*
(Standard) Dual AD Lasers             - Range = 12 : MD = 2* : Can act as AMS.
(GluuHaug) Dual MRM Launchers     - Range = 24 : MD = 9 per missile : Ammo = 24 (12 per launcher). Fired in volleys of 6. 
(Serauhaug) Dual Tactical Launcher - Range = 48 : MD = 9 per missile : Ammo = 4. As artillery, they have a blast radius.

Note: The Quel has no weapons, but instead is outfitted with an Advanced Recon Suite and EW Attack Suite, adding to-hit bonuses to friendlies within 12 inches, and to-hit penalties to a single targeted enemy withing 24". The bonuses are applied to RPG:Tactics stats, so I leave it to you how you want to apply it in a conversion.

Here's where things get interesting:

Regult (Standard)
Dry Weight = 37 tons

Regult (Gluuhaug)
Dry Weight         = 39.6 tons
Launcher Weight =     .2025 (x2)
Missile Weight     =     .18 (x24)

Regult (Serauhaug)
Dry Weight         = 41.00 tons
Launcher Weight =     .45 (x2)
Missile Weight     =   3.00 (x4)

Regult (Quel)
Dry Weight        = 39.8 tons

So, the different weight totals, sans pilot are:

Regult (standard)   = 37 tons
Regult (Quel)          = 39.8 tons
Regult (Gluuhaug)   = 44.325 tons
Regult (Serauhaug) = 53.9 tons

Remember that's not including the pilot. Why's that important? Because the pilot is 30-40 feet tall. That's a x5 to x7 height increased. To get the full potential mass, assuming a standard 100 Kg person, you have to cube those values. So, thats 2250 to 3430 kg. Okay, let's round to 3 tons. So, the heaviest will come in around 57 tons. The Pods are certainly standardized, so they probably run under the same principal I suggested for the Destroid 3. Those are not separate chassis with different power plants.

Have fun with that. I know I did.

Daemion

• Major
« Reply #16 on: 10 December 2017, 04:07:23 »
The Glaug (Officer's Pod - AKA the Marauder)

According to the RPG, the Officer's pod was a limited run design that never really took off. They made enough to hand out to special pilots and commanders. Don't know if they're still in production, but there's a certain volume of Regults you'll see before you come across one of these. (The same's true of the Quel scout, btw.)

The Glaug can be equipped with the Eldare booster system, giving it aerospace capabilities, and some extra missiles.

-General Stats-
MDC = 9
MDC (Booster Equipped) = 19 (Can be jettisoned, simply subtract 10 from the MDC.)
Speed (Solo)= 7 (281 km/h. 18/27 MP)
Speed (Booster equipped) = 12 (3045.2 km/h at sea level, 4550 km/h at 22,860 m, and 14,784 km/h in space.)
Note: Like the Pods, it can jump while running/walking. 185m with thrusters, half without. 6 or 3 free MP.

-Weapons-
128mm CPC                   - Range = 24 : MD = 6 (The overhead beam cannon)
Dual HPCs                      - Range = 18 : MD = 4* (Forearm Guns)
Dual 44mm Rail Cannons - Range = 18 : MD = 8* (Forearm Guns)
Dual ACs                        - Range = 12 : MD = 2*
150mm SRM Tubes         - Range = 18 : MD = 6 per missile : Ammo = 6 missiles - Can be used as AMS.

Eldare Booster adds the following -
Dual SRM Launchers          - Range = 18 : MD = 6 per missile : Ammo = 8 missiles (4 Each in Engine Sponson.)- Can be used as AMS.
Dual Mini-Missile Launchers - Range = 12 : MD = 2 per missile : Ammo = 24 missiles (12 Each in dorsal and ventral locations.) - Can be used as AMS.

*= Reminder that the damage is for linked fire from multiple weapons.

-Other Stats-
Dry Weight               = 41.2 tons
Glaug-Eldare Booster = 44.7 tons
Missile & ordinance     = unspecified
Pilot                          = 3 tons

Total                         = 88.9 tons

We could round up to 90, but the missiles could add a fair chunk of weight. So, to be safe, round up to 100.

Observation: I don't know if they got the rail cannons mixed up with the HPC in my copy. In the RPG the HPCs are supposed to do more than the rail cannons, which are more like rapid-fire machine guns from the RPG description.

Daemion

• Major
« Reply #17 on: 10 December 2017, 04:22:23 »
So, that covers the basics. But, there are a few more items in the RPG:Tactics book which have stats. I'll put them out for fun.

First, let's start with some aerospace assets and an objective piece.

Gnerl Fighter Pod
MDC = 6
Speed = 12 (1400 km/h at sea level; 5890 km/h at 20,000 m; 22,176 km/h in space.)
Dry Weight = 30 tons

PZ-32 Rotary Particle Cannon       - Range = 18 : MD = 4
MZ18 Air-to-Air Missile Launchers - Range = 18: MD = 6 per missile : Ammo = 18 missiles in 3 launchers located behind cockpit, one ventral and another on either side.

Quel-Gulnau Recovery Pod
MDC = 9
Speed = 9 (1100 km/h in-atmo; 11,025 km/h in space; Cannot boost into orbit on its own.)
Dry Weight = 60 tons

It has hands and 2 retractable towing spikes. It can carry up to 100 tons of Mecha or tow ships up to 1200 tons.

Daemion

• Major
« Reply #18 on: 10 December 2017, 04:49:49 »
The Zentraedi are known for one thing in particular - their oversized infantry. Space Giants!

And one thing they have done is outfitted their infantry, starting with

Power Armor

Nousjadeul-Ger Male PA
MDC = 10
Speed = 5 (140 km/h with 90 meter thruster leaps. Can fly in atmo: 670 km/h up to an altitude of 4,572m. 11,200 km/h in space.)
Dry Weight = 34.7 tons (Besides the pilot and ordinance, the only other thing adding any weight is the hand-held Plasma Machine Pistol - 157.5 kg.)

-Weapons-
Charged Particle Cannon       - Range = 18 : MD = 4 (Shoulder mounted.)
Tri-Barrel Grenade Launcher - Range = 12 : MD = 6 : Ammo = 10 - Blast radius of 4.5 m will only saturate a target Mech or vehicle. (Chest Weapon.)
Plasma Machine Pistol           - Range =   9 : MD = 8

Queadluun-Rau Female PA
MDC = 12
Speed = 12 (176 km/h with what amounts to 90 meter (actually 110m) thruster leaps. Flight in-atmo: 1160 km/h. 18,480 km/h in space.)
Dry Weight = 35.8 tons (No other weights given for a most likely lighter 2-2.5 ton female pilot or the missiles and ordinance. Best to round up.)

-Weapons-
Dual Tri-barrel Grenade Launchers - Like the male suit's but double the damage from linked fire. Each is located in a 'side torso'.
Dual Tri-barrel Medium Particle Cannons - Range =   9 : MD = 4*
Quad Mini-Missile Launchers                  - Range = 12 : MD = 2 per missile : Ammo = 126 missiles (21 each in the hip launchers, one each side, and 42 missiles in each thruster launcher. Tactics has them fired in volleys of 2 per launcher for 8 missiles. Each launcher can fire up to 12 in the Macross RPG Sourcebook.)

Daemion

• Major
« Reply #19 on: 10 December 2017, 05:03:52 »
Finally, the grunts.

They are typically deployed with heavy armor and weapons (Serau-ger) or light armor and weapons (Gluu-Ger).

Zentraedi Conventional Infantry

Speed (All) = 3
MDC (Gluu-Ger) = 3
MDC (Serau-Ger) = 5

-Weapon Choices-
Particle Assault Rifle         - Range = 12 : MD = 5 : Weight = 144 kg
Tactical Flechette Cannon - Range = 9 : MD = 4 : Ammo = 8 : Weight = 220 kg (Like LBX, can choose either flechette or slug rounds. Flechette blasts 6 meter radial area.)
Shoulder Missile Launcher - Range = 18 : MD = 6 per missile : Ammo = 5 : Weight = 238.5 kg (May be used like AMS.)

Note: Each soldier only gets to choose one of the options above, and the shoulder launcher is limited to one in every three troopers.

Observation: It's a safe assumption that the armor adds to the weight of the trooper. Notice how the MDC 3 for the light trooper comes close to the heavier end giant mass I suggested above. Where weight matters, I bet you can use the MDC of the trooper as a good basis for his total tonnage.

Daemion

• Major
« Reply #20 on: 10 December 2017, 05:17:41 »

TT

One last observation: The ratio from the RPG seems to be MDC/25.

The Regults have 125 MDC for the main body in the RPG. Note the Tactics value of 5.

I had initially thought about a BT conversion of MDC/50 when choosing the LRM-5 cluster as the base-line for the missile damage. But, this works if you're wanting a direct port from BT.

With that 25 point divisor in mind, if you can find RPG stats for the tanks in question, then you have a starting point for damage conversion.

They seem to have gone for max damage with the weapons. The HPC on the Regult does 1d4x10.
 (2d4x10 for both fired at the same target.) 80 divided by 25 is a little low, coming closer to 3, but rounding that remaining fraction up seems to be the norm.

As for ranges and speed, I'm having a hard time with that one.

You see the listed RPG speeds I've included. As for ranges, looking at the Regult again,
The HPC has a range of 1524 m, while the other weapons have a range of 609 meters. A range of 12 fits nicely into that 600, but 18 into 1500? It gets worse with the missiles and some of the other artillery. The HPC of the Tomahawk is rated for 32 km. Most medium missiles range 8 km, depending on function.

That's the best I can do for you from RPG:Tactics.

Now, when I have time, I'll be putting up something a little more custom and more integratable with BT. A simple stat-up using BT construction rules won't work. These machines were all designed under a different paradigm. They function differently.

Register