Author Topic: Com Guards Aerospace fighters deployment  (Read 2067 times)

Precentor Scorpio

• Warrant Officer
Com Guards Aerospace fighters deployment
« on: 08 December 2017, 14:01:33 »
Has this BT community decided on a deployment scheme for the ComGuards 39 aerospace fighters per division?  (Yes I know its my unit and I can do anything that I want, so right now I am leaning towards a Level III of pure Aerospace assets, with a support Level III of one mobile hq, artillery, recon hovercraft, additional infantry, Maxim transports,  and three "recon" aerospace fighters.

Maelwys

• Major
Re: Com Guards Aerospace fighters deployment
« Reply #1 on: 08 December 2017, 14:29:10 »
Its probably going to depend on how you're expecting deployment really. One of the benefits of the CS arrangement is that you can break it down to the Level II limit.

So there's never really going to be a consensus on how to deploy them.

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #2 on: 08 December 2017, 16:19:52 »
well, 39 fighters make for 6.5 Lv.II's on their own, so there is always going to be at least one mixed Lv.II

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #3 on: 11 December 2017, 00:11:11 »
Has this BT community decided on a deployment scheme for the ComGuards 39 aerospace fighters per division?  (Yes I know its my unit and I can do anything that I want, so right now I am leaning towards a Level III of pure Aerospace assets, with a support Level III of one mobile hq, artillery, recon hovercraft, additional infantry, Maxim transports,  and three "recon" aerospace fighters.

Actually, per FMCS every single Level III has ASF assets attached to it & C* deploys a minimum of 2.

So, no pure L-III for the division.

That said, if you wanted a mostly pure L-III then you only need to pull off 10 Fighters to attach a pair to every other L-III & then you are left with 29 for your "mostly pure" L-III, just enough ground forces left for some basic infantry/vehicle Airbase guards.

Personally I felt the 39 was a misprint that never got corrected at it should have read 36 which neatly made for a single squadron per L-III.

However, someone on the boards pointed out that 39 could just be the "average" and that every other division has either 36 or 42.

My suggestion is to still go with 6 per L-III as its a nice squadron sized amount & leaves you with 30 ground units, and then you have 1 L-III in every 2 divisions having 12 instead of 6. 
Its enough for a small fleet base, or you could even call it 1 in every 4 divisions gets 48 so you have a full Wing of 18 at a fleet base with 18 ground units.  I kind of like that last idea since a fleet base wouldn't be very common.

3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 11 December 2017, 00:34:44 »
If 39 was a misprint, then you would think the numbers for the Divisions would be off, but as far as I know, they all add up to 216 with 39 fighters.

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #5 on: 11 December 2017, 00:41:44 »
If 39 was a misprint, then you would think the numbers for the Divisions would be off, but as far as I know, they all add up to 216 with 39 fighters.
They do.  But its the best explanation for why the odd # of 39 is there that I could come up with.
Adding 3 more Vehicles is the logical fix since the Vee #'s are woefully small for something that is 2 regiments in size.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Precentor Scorpio

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #6 on: 12 December 2017, 08:42:45 »
I totally forgot about the 2 infantry to 1 vehicle deployment scheme.  (That deployment scheme is out the window for sure. :) )

Precentor Scorpio

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #7 on: 16 December 2017, 23:16:03 »
Twilight of the Clans had three Level III's of the Com Guards 2nd Division and I did not see any aerospace assets attached to any of the Level III's.  Granted, the mission was to attack Huntress so it is obviously mech heavy, but aerospace assets should have been included if they were normally attached to the Level III's.

Alan Grant

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: 19 December 2017, 20:46:32 »
I've always treated that one oddball extra fighter as something like a recon platform. Like the Cheetah, or maybe even a Boomerang.

For Taskforce Serpent, there were Com Guard ASFs with the fleet and the Com Guard warships sent along, I suspect that's what they did. The Com Guard Division utilized fleet ASF support to some extent. Or at least that was the plan.

Register