Author Topic: (Answered) Refits: replacing one weapon with multiple smaller ones  (Read 3301 times)

Jim1701

• Captain
  • "Don't Panic"
What would be the refit level of replacing one big weapon with several smaller ones of the same class that take up the same or less tonnage/crits. 

As a specific example I say I want to replace the LRM 20 + 2 tons of ammo on a Hunter Light Support Tanks (3039 version) with 5 SRM 4 + 2 tons of ammo.  Now I think it would be a class A refit since the number of crits and the tonnage doesn't change.  But the grey areas seem to be that refits in SO don't address a one to multiple swap.

Edit:  Looking at the definitions again I noticed that the Class B refit does seem to support my viewpoint (emphasis mine.)  I just wanted to clarify the rule for a campaign I'm getting ready to play in. 

Class B Refi t (Field): This kit allows replacement of one category
of weapon with another class of weapon(s), but with the same or
fewer critical spaces (including ammunition); for example, replacing
a machine gun and ammo with a small pulse laser, replacing
a Gauss rifl e with two large lasers (as they’re both the same class
and have fewer critical slots), and so on.

« Last Edit: 05 February 2015, 00:25:37 by Xotl »

Jim1701

• Captain
  • "Don't Panic"
Bump.

I'm pretty sure the answer to my question is that it is a class B refit but I was hoping for a confirmation.

Jim1701

• Captain
  • "Don't Panic"
Bump plus an additional question related to the first. 

In a class B refit it states it "allows replacement of one category of weapon with another class of weapon(s)".  When it says another class of weapon(s) does class mean energy, ballistic, missile, etc.?  Or would it be along the lines of pulse lasers, ER lasers, SRM's, LRM's etc. 

For example, one of the Wolverine variants replaces the AC/5 with a LPL, MPL and a SPL.  Would that be considered a class B refit?   

Jim1701

• Captain
  • "Don't Panic"
Bump Mk II.  :D

Jim1701

• Captain
  • "Don't Panic"
Bump Mk III.   ???

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Your initial example is hard to say, as the text on that isn't very clear.  I'll see if we can hammer it out.  But yes, category does in fact refer to missile/energy/ballistic.

Your Wolverine example would be Class B.
« Last Edit: 05 February 2015, 00:46:10 by Xotl »
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0