Author Topic: Contradictory information about Ruchbah  (Read 2523 times)

Frabby

• Major
Contradictory information about Ruchbah
« on: 25 May 2016, 04:39:25 »
There's mutually exclusive information about Ruchbah in two canonical sources:

The Dark Age Republic Worlds document claims Ruchbah has no moons, and the planetary map seems to show essentially one large continent with several inland seas and Michaelson Heavy Industries on a sea shore in the norhtern hemisphere.

By contrast, Jason Schmetzer's BattleCorps story Eclipse states that Michaelson Heavy Industries is located on the "southern continent". Also, it is mentioned that the Crescent Hawks' aerospace forces had hidden behind the "smallest" moon before coming to extract the unit, indicating Ruchbah to have at least three moons.

Any chance this is cleared up? Pretty please? :)
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
Re: Contradictory information about Ruchbah
« Reply #1 on: 25 May 2016, 06:49:56 »
The fiction is more likely correct, but there won't be a definitive answer until/if Ruchbah is visited again.
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 25 May 2016, 08:04:13 »
Thanks Ray. I'll go with the "more likely correct" for now and note the contradictory sources on Sarna.
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

cray

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • How's it sit? Pretty cunning, don't you think?
« Reply #3 on: 25 May 2016, 15:38:34 »
In the order of sorting out canon disputes, more recent sources are usually preferred. Further, BattleCorps stories are canon, while the Dark Ages document is (I think) imperfectly so. I'd go with Schmetzer's story.
Mike Miller, Materials Engineer

**"A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything." --Wash, Firefly.
**"Well, the first class name [for pocket WarShips]: 'Ship with delusions of grandeur that is going to evaporate 3.1 seconds after coming into NPPC range' tended to cause morale problems...." --Korzon77
**"Describe the Clans." "Imagine an entire civilization built out of 80’s Ric Flairs, Hulk Hogans, & Macho Man Randy Savages ruling over an entire labor force with Einstein Level Intelligence." --Jake Mikolaitis

Disclaimer: Anything stated in this post is unofficial and non-canon unless directly quoted from a published book. Random internet musings of a BattleTech writer are not canon.

Register