Author Topic: ComStar/WOB character creation  (Read 1244 times)

Restemayer

• Recruit
ComStar/WOB character creation
« on: 17 September 2017, 17:21:50 »
So, my knowledge of the broader lore is not great, but there is something I don't understand about the character creation here.  So, ComStar and WOB are not really a module in itself, but an add-on to another affiliation.  That's all well and good, but from what I'm finding there is no actual limits to taking it.  A Clan/ComStar or WOB character strikes me as odd.  Does that actually work with the lore?  I guess you can justify anything story-wise, but my understanding is that it shouldn't be a thing.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Re: ComStar/WOB character creation
« Reply #1 on: 17 September 2017, 17:56:57 »
Lore-wise, pretty much any Spheroid - inner or periphery - would have the opportunity to see the Light of Blake. But it'd be pretty unlikely for a Clan Warrior to 'convert'.

Now I could see Clan lower castes, in territories reclaimed by Bulldog, being taken in by the more secular ComStar post schism. But with WoB's inner core planning an anti-clan sucker punch with nucs, bio, and cyborgs ...

That said, I could imagine Clan castemen, even a failed Warrior or three, being very showily inducted into WoB, and used as propoganda shills - "see how the truth of Blake redeems even the most hardened gene-freak!" Perhaps even used for opfor training. But trusted ... nope.

Which would be a great story hook, when the dupes realise exactly how they've been played ...

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Register