Author Topic: Blazer Carbine  (Read 2009 times)

11charlie

• Recruit
Blazer Carbine
« on: 19 August 2015, 10:06:10 »
Been looking the stats for this weapon?Only reference i can find is in the Twilight of the clans books.

Siden Pryde

• Warrant Officer
  • Papermaster
Re: Blazer Carbine
« Reply #1 on: 19 August 2015, 11:23:51 »
I am assuming you are talking about the Blazer Rifle?  Current RPG stats are on page 267 of A Time of War, tabletop stats are on page 350 of Tech Manual.  Sarna link: http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Blazer_Laser_Rifle

11charlie

• Recruit
« Reply #2 on: 19 August 2015, 11:41:28 »
Siden Pryde-No the Blazer carbine.Mentioned in Twilight of the clans III The Hunters (page 16 Middle paragraph).Thought the stats would be different from the standard Blazer rifle.Being a carbine shorter barrel etc.

Lord greystroke

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 19 August 2015, 13:57:49 »
Had a look in ATOW and on the same page there is a pistol version of the blazer and its appears to be a sub machine gun sixe really that could be it checked the older system and nothing combat equipment or the main book  but in Lostech for the old system page 32 the blazer pistol is said to be about the same size as a sawn off shotgun so that could be it otherwise its an ask the author job I fear best I can do

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #4 on: 24 August 2015, 20:17:13 »
It's garbled terminology, which is a problem by no means reserved for battletech.

In the original MW1; the Blazer was referred to as the Blazer "heavy carbine" and the carbine part has sort of suck with it and was reinforced through several notable books; the Twilight of the Clans Novel is one, one of the Warrior trilogy is another. But a carbine is a cut-down rifle; whereas the Blazer is two rifles stuck together. That's the opposite of cut-down.

There is no real carbine version of the Blazer; it's the same double-laserrifle it's always been.

There is a Blazer pistol; just two Laser pistols bolted together, but no carbine.

There is sort-of a heavier version of the Blazer though; The Hellbore Assault Laser uses two laser tubes which it fires in sequence to avoid over-heating one or the other.
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

Register