Author Topic: Wheres the Mercy?  (Read 1378 times)

HavocTheWarDog

• Captain
  • Lead or Follow, but get outa my way!
Wheres the Mercy?
« on: 25 January 2012, 18:05:56 »
I know that the Fm:3085 mentions 3 warships under RAF control, an aegis, an essex, and a lolaIII, but where is the Mercy? Didnt stone use his fancy talk to talk the lyrans and CJF out of laying claim to it ? Any one know? or have a pg/book reference to its fate?
"Veni Vidi Vici"

HavocTheWarDog

• Captain
  • Lead or Follow, but get outa my way!
Re: Wheres the Mercy?
« Reply #1 on: 26 January 2012, 10:47:44 »
Maybe I should ask the writers instead?
"Veni Vidi Vici"

JPArbiter

• Captain
  • Podcasting Monkey
    • Arbitration Studios, your last word in battletech talk
« Reply #2 on: 26 January 2012, 11:57:07 »
I presume that because the Mercy is more of a mobile repair yard that can defend itself rather then a true "Warship" that the Republic does not list it in it's fleet roster.

realistically I would not be surprised if it gets turned over to the Fidelis, who can use it's factories to great effect
Host of Arbitration, your last word in Battletech Talk

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: 26 January 2012, 16:44:38 »
I presume that because the Mercy is more of a mobile repair yard that can defend itself rather then a true "Warship" that the Republic does not list it in it's fleet roster.

realistically I would not be surprised if it gets turned over to the Fidelis, who can use it's factories to great effect

Perhaps, but its a pretty big thing to lose. After ComStar, I'm doubting many would accept claims of "oh dear, misjump and its gone forever" and would be seriously hunting for it.

Based on the Republic's needs around 3085 I'm guessing its probably in the Terran system bolstering production/repair until more yards come back to full speed.