Author Topic: World of Warships Beta  (Read 156694 times)

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
Re: World of Warships Beta
« Reply #990 on: 08 December 2017, 15:55:32 »
67 knots last I saw.  Detection range was pretty ridiculous, .7 km.
yeah that is going get toned way bit down. I mean just look at the stats after you take torpedo acceleration skill. that's what? 72 knots and 16 km range?
Clan Blood Spirit - So Bad Ass as to require Orbital Bombardments to wipe us out....it is the only way to be sure!

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #991 on: 12 December 2017, 00:58:52 »
And I have the Vampire now.

Was starting to worry I'd lost too much time on earning her due to burnout but I managed to rack up some good damage thanks to weekly operations counting and having a strike Ryujo to use in one just about perfect to use it in.

DoctorMonkey

• Captain
  • user briefly known as Khan of Clan Sex Panther
« Reply #992 on: 13 December 2017, 09:27:42 »
And I have the Vampire now.

Was starting to worry I'd lost too much time on earning her due to burnout but I managed to rack up some good damage thanks to weekly operations counting and having a strike Ryujo to use in one just about perfect to use it in.

I'm working on getting her but am always a little bit disappointed that Tier III ships can't be used for much
Avatar stollen from spacebattles.com motivational posters thread

ChanMan: "Capellan Ingenuity: The ability to lose battles to Davion forces in new and implausible ways"

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #993 on: 13 December 2017, 12:40:15 »
*nod*

She is an interesting ship though.  One triple torpedo launcher with the UK quirk of firing one at a time makes her surprisingly flexible.  Guns are not bad exactly but are not stellar either.

Hopefully they will make more operations for more tiers.  They are supposed to be making another tier 7 operation.  I will admit the first tier 7 operation was probably a tad too easy.

Ghost0402

• Lieutenant
« Reply #994 on: 30 December 2017, 09:10:59 »
I still have a love hate relationship with American cruisers.  So much fun yet sooooooooooo squishy in all the wrong ways.

This morning with the Indianapolis, Kraken with 10 citadels, 106,000 damage and 551,000, and 12,000 Exp.  It was a glorious game, and I ran out of radar and sonar by the end. >:D
"Kiss my hairy ass Falcon,"  Star Colonel Onyx,  17th Wolf Regulars Cluster, Clan Wolf  Wars of Reaving.

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #995 on: 30 December 2017, 09:59:16 »
Santa loot box (big) bundle 20x has been kind to me.

Okhotnik, Okt. Revolut. Leningrad. and Gallant

that's like 1 out of 5 box.

1k Gold

1k Gold

Rest all flags/camos.

So yeah considering the ships I got, I got more than my money's worth. Bought the smallest doubloon pack and got the Italian Caesar battleship :D
Clan Blood Spirit - So Bad Ass as to require Orbital Bombardments to wipe us out....it is the only way to be sure!

Ghost0402

• Lieutenant
« Reply #996 on: 30 December 2017, 10:08:33 »
Santa loot box (big) bundle 20x has been kind to me.

Okhotnik, Okt. Revolut. Leningrad. and Gallant

that's like 1 out of 5 box.

1k Gold

1k Gold

Rest all flags/camos.

So yeah considering the ships I got, I got more than my money's worth. Bought the smallest doubloon pack and got the Italian Caesar battleship :D
I only bought 5 of the big ones and 20 of the smaller ones.  Ended up with enough gold for the GC and the older tier VI Russian cruiser, the non German one, or was it tier v.

Lot's of camoes and flags, definitely worth it.
"Kiss my hairy ass Falcon,"  Star Colonel Onyx,  17th Wolf Regulars Cluster, Clan Wolf  Wars of Reaving.

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #997 on: 30 December 2017, 10:17:38 »
Tier V Murmansk the one that's popular for having a "superior" shell compared to Omaha/Marblehead.

Ghost0402

• Lieutenant
« Reply #998 on: 30 December 2017, 11:31:21 »
Tier V Murmansk the one that's popular for having a "superior" shell compared to Omaha/Marblehead.
Had to look it up.  The Molotov.  I got the Murmansk and another Omaha clone from boxes last year.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #999 on: 30 December 2017, 12:20:42 »
Just a Gallant for me.  Which is fine as UK DDs will eventually show up and having a crew trainer for them is good.  Also shelled out for enough gold to convert enough XP to get Missouri since they are going to take her away relatively soon and give us Musashi in return.

Not making a lot of progress towards Duke of York since no one seems to be using German ships and I'm stuck on a mission to do damage to German ships.

DoctorMonkey

• Captain
  • user briefly known as Khan of Clan Sex Panther
« Reply #1000 on: 30 December 2017, 12:24:21 »
Just a Gallant for me.  Which is fine as UK DDs will eventually show up and having a crew trainer for them is good.  Also shelled out for enough gold to convert enough XP to get Missouri since they are going to take her away relatively soon and give us Musashi in return.

Not making a lot of progress towards Duke of York since no one seems to be using German ships and I'm stuck on a mission to do damage to German ships.

I too am trying to get Duke of York and I nearly have enough credits to buy the Benson although I am not a huge fan of the highest tier games when I've tried them in Edinburgh and Lexington.
Avatar stollen from spacebattles.com motivational posters thread

ChanMan: "Capellan Ingenuity: The ability to lose battles to Davion forces in new and implausible ways"

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #1001 on: 30 December 2017, 12:35:05 »
*nod*

It does seem like you're almost constantly bottom tier in tier 8 ships.  Benson is at least a DD and fast enough to give you some options.

Ghost0402

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1002 on: 30 December 2017, 12:49:47 »

I too am trying to get Duke of York and I nearly have enough credits to buy the Benson although I am not a huge fan of the highest tier games when I've tried them in Edinburgh and Lexington.
Benson is a very nice destroyer, and with a higher point captain it holds up pretty well in higher tier games.

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #1003 on: 07 February 2018, 11:02:41 »
French Battleships coming out next Update. This update we should be getting french containers via missions and they have a chance to drop a mission to unlock one of the 4-5 French Battleships (up to T8) early.

Ghost0402

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1004 on: 07 February 2018, 17:58:47 »
French Battleships coming out next Update. This update we should be getting french containers via missions and they have a chance to drop a mission to unlock one of the 4-5 French Battleships (up to T8) early.
I'll have to give it a go.  They look interesting but i'm not sure they are enough different to spend the time working down the line.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #1005 on: 07 February 2018, 18:00:14 »
Yeah I'm at a point of wake me up when Vanguard, Renown, Alaska, Tribal, and Q classes get added.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #1006 on: 16 February 2018, 23:34:00 »
On a whim I went ahead and fired up World of Warships again and found out the Corgi thing was back.

First match of the day I take out my Yugumo and come across Corgi 191 "TheIrrationalMomo" on the enemy team in a Black.

I nailed him with two torpedoes after he smoked up.  Kind of wish I was still recording replays.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #1007 on: 17 February 2018, 02:12:59 »
Thanks to one of the event things I managed to get the Tier 6 French BB the Normandie.  She's basically a Dunkirque with an extra turret, 12 x 13.4 inch guns and an oddly high speed, considering that the French designs had them at being 21/22 knots, for some reason WG has them as 29 knot battlecruisers.  This speed would be impossible with her hull form, as she's short, fat and quite beamy. 

And yes, like the Dankship the Norman's guns are a shotgun, sometimes the grouping is lovely, other times you have to wonder what magical physics took place to make the shots spray around like they do.

Must admit though, I do want the tier 7, the Lyon, 16, yes, 16 guns! 
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Ghost0402

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1008 on: 17 February 2018, 08:16:57 »
I have the Bretagne's mission.  We'll see how it is once i unlock her.

Ghost0402

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1009 on: 17 February 2018, 10:33:46 »
Holy crap i wish every other Tier V BB had this things dispersion.  This is pretty disgusting.   >:(

I'm getting cruiser level dispersion at 11-12 KM where the New York and Texas are still a shotgun.

Ghostbear_Gurdel

• Lieutenant
  • Live by the Sword...
« Reply #1010 on: 17 February 2018, 10:36:41 »
I have the Bretagne. Feels like a  uss Texas too slow, short ranged, but a decent broadside.  All I really want is a Richelieu (such a good looking ship)
« Last Edit: 17 February 2018, 10:40:05 by Ghostbear_Gurdel »
"The real question is, just how badly do you want to pound your opponent?  You can do things to your opponent with an ASF that are illegal in 39 states and 14 countries, and that's without even trying hard." - Paladin1
Member No. 3 of the JM6 haters club

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #1011 on: 17 February 2018, 11:48:59 »
Yeah the Bretagne is a typical Tier 5 battleship, the line's feel comes in with the Normandie with her quad turrets, and only goes nuts with the Lyon with her 16 guns.
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Ghost0402

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1012 on: 27 February 2018, 13:27:55 »
Devblog posted up intial stats for supertesters and the base stats for the American heavy cruisers looks about the same as they do now.  I imagine a few tweaks for the Pepsi will be incoming.  Maybe a RoF and detection range for the New Orleans and that ought to be about it I would bet.  I'm excited.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #1013 on: 27 February 2018, 14:07:22 »
New Orleans has always felt like it was a tier 7 put in at tier 8 because they already had the Pensacola at tier 7 but didn't want to put that kind of firepower down at tier 6.

Ghost0402

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1014 on: 27 February 2018, 14:55:11 »
New Orleans has always felt like it was a tier 7 put in at tier 8 because they already had the Pensacola at tier 7 but didn't want to put that kind of firepower down at tier 6.
That kind of firepower is the new normal at tier 6 thanks to germans, Brits and French. 

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #1015 on: 27 February 2018, 15:59:02 »
That kind of firepower is the new normal at tier 6 thanks to germans, Brits and French.
Tier 6 RN CL: 8x 6" and 2x4 torps
T6 KM CL: 9x 5.9" and 4x3 torps (or 2x3 depending on the side hull)
T6 French CL 9x 6" and 2x2 torps
T6 IJN CA 6x 8" and 2x4 torps
T6 RU CL 9x 6" and 2x3 torps

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #1016 on: 27 February 2018, 16:23:40 »
The guns on the Pensacola are good enough to cause some balance problems if they just moved it down to tier 6 without doing something to them.  Durability, AA, and mobility are about in line with tier 6 though and as such I hope they only touch the guns by making them a bit slower to reload, maybe a bit less accurate.

Now as far as USN ships I think you could take them exactly as they are now, not change any stat, and put down a tier without anyone really noticing too much I'd say you could do that with the Farragut and Mahan, kick the Nicholas out of the line completely, fill the void with perhaps the Greaves.

Ghost0402

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1017 on: 27 February 2018, 20:46:56 »
Tier 6 RN CL: 8x 6" and 2x4 torps
T6 KM CL: 9x 5.9" and 4x3 torps (or 2x3 depending on the side hull)
T6 French CL 9x 6" and 2x2 torps
T6 IJN CA 6x 8" and 2x4 torps
T6 RU CL 9x 6" and 2x3 torps
The IJN is bottom of the bunch.  Eveyone else has DPM over the Pensacola.  Pensacola really only has the ability to wiggle her butt, and the AP.  Otherwise she is about on par or a little worse.

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #1018 on: 27 February 2018, 21:45:02 »
The IJN is bottom of the bunch.  Eveyone else has DPM over the Pensacola.  Pensacola really only has the ability to wiggle her butt, and the AP.  Otherwise she is about on par or a little worse.
yeah that's why some navies were pondering which one was stronger; the 6" or the 8". Fire Rate or Hitting Power. It wasn't until USN developed Des Moines with the automatic 8" that they got both strengths in one.

monbvol

• Colonel
  • I said don't look!
« Reply #1019 on: 28 February 2018, 02:46:19 »
Add in the penetration capabilities of 6~" guns for most powers was actually pretty close to what 8~" guns offered and the rate of fire of the 6~" guns was seen as enough to make up the difference.