Author Topic: New to MekHQ - Questions  (Read 47723 times)

pheonixstorm

• Major
Re: New to MekHQ - Questions
« Reply #30 on: 21 June 2015, 00:38:46 »
Don't know the code well enough for refits, but my guess would be yes. At least that is the way I think it SHOULD work. If it does or not is another question. Best to wait for ralgith to chime in though rather than continue to speculate on how a lot of this works.

ralgith

• Captain
    • Dylan's BattleTech Emporium
« Reply #31 on: 21 June 2015, 07:45:18 »
Unfortunately quality isn't currently considered when dealing with repairs, refits, or the warehouse. They were written before quality was implemented. Something I've been meaning to fix.

zulf

• Sergeant
« Reply #32 on: 24 June 2015, 13:32:27 »
hello all.

so just started playing around with MMHQ and AtB.

i have a contract mission to save civs but they all ended up dead.

the mission didnt end after the victory conditions were lost.

so how do i end this mission now that its lost  and be sure that all of the data gets loaded into HQ like normal so i can handle repairs

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #33 on: 24 June 2015, 14:15:12 »
use /victory to end the MM game. After that the game wraps up at the end of the phase (if the option is checked) or the end of the turn.

Xenon54z

• Master Sergeant
  • Code should be like art.
« Reply #34 on: 24 June 2015, 20:39:09 »
For defeat use the /defeat and then princess will /victory and then you have to /defeat again.
Free air guitar! Just pick one up! Hurry Now!
Buy now while entropy is low!

JenniferinaMAD

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #35 on: 24 June 2015, 20:42:16 »
The resolution wizard gives the opportunity to mark a loss or victory either way. /defeat against the bot is just a slightly more fiddly way to do the same thing as /victory: it ends the game, everything else is decided in the resolution wizard either way.

zulf

• Sergeant
« Reply #36 on: 24 June 2015, 21:02:42 »
thank you for the help.

the only other problem i'm having now, is that i'm being given a warning about unmaintained units when i advance the day. however all my mechs are fixed, there are no damaged equipment in the warehouse, and the staff/crew are healthy. any idea as to what i'm missing?

thank you again

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #37 on: 24 June 2015, 21:27:08 »
You have units that are not assigned to a tech. Everything except infantry needs someone to maintain them. Fastest way is to go to the hangar then sort by assigned techs. Those with no techs will either be at the very top or very bottom. That should solve the maintenance issue ;)

JenniferinaMAD

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #38 on: 24 June 2015, 22:54:25 »
To clarify, you need to right click on a unit and "Assign Tech". This will take some of the total available repair time for that tech and allocate it to basic maintenance of that unit.

zulf

• Sergeant
« Reply #39 on: 25 June 2015, 14:52:18 »
So just finished my first contract. and have a few more questions

1. most of the damage i took during the 3 month contract was from my techs doing standard maintenance work. they totaled 4 mechs. "had an elite tech" how does that system work?

I've read excel rule sheet apparently there is a way to turn it off. but i'd rather play with all the rules so just looking for a way  to minimize this problem?

2. i get that crew can leave after a year or contract. but half of my mechs vanished too. and NOT always with their pilot. so i'm not sure if that's a defection thing.

so what just happened and how do i  try to prevent it as much as possible within the rules being used?

thanks for the help again.

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #40 on: 25 June 2015, 19:30:27 »
For the maintenance you have several options. The current rules for AtB are ok, plus you can add the option to only damage A quality parts. Considering the issues faced by following the exact rules change I sugges checking Damage/Destroy parts by margin of failure with a value of -4 (default I think). This will keep you from having so many useless units. Also assign Veteran or better tech for maintenance whenever possible.

zulf

• Sergeant
« Reply #41 on: 02 July 2015, 17:17:32 »
are you able to take on multiple contracts at the same time if you have enough troops for both?

I'm sitting on a 2 year contract that only needs one lance. i keep getting other one lance contract offers. i currently have two lances, but i could afford a third lance. so that i could split the extra troops across both contracts so i have back up if someone dies. 

JenniferinaMAD

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #42 on: 02 July 2015, 17:25:49 »
I believe MekHQ cannot, at the moment, track player units spread across more than one system.

There is a mechanic included for subcontracts occurring on the same planet, and you can take as many of those as you think you can fulfil, but as you are only on one planet at any given time, you can't fulfil more than 1 full contract at a time (unless you're super lucky and it ended up on the same planet?).

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #43 on: 03 July 2015, 00:10:50 »
If you play AtB you can only do sub contracts if you have the troops for them. For regular HQ play it really doesn't matter.

zulf

• Sergeant
« Reply #44 on: 04 July 2015, 00:15:10 »
how do you gain access to sub contracts? do they show up in the normal contract market?

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #45 on: 04 July 2015, 01:34:25 »
Yeah, I think they get tagged as a sub IF they show up. They pop up just like all the normal contracts so sometimes they are there sometimes they aren't

PurpleDragon

• Captain
« Reply #46 on: 04 July 2015, 04:18:54 »
Yes, although you may have to actually go look at the contract by highlighting it before you can see that it is a Sub. 
give a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. 
Set him on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!

The secret to winning the land/air battle is that you must always remain rigidly flexible.

I like tabletop more anyway, computer games are for nerds!  -  Knallogfall

neoancient

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek team member
« Reply #47 on: 06 July 2015, 11:06:11 »
You have to be on a garrison contract and IIRC you need at least a C rating.

zulf

• Sergeant
« Reply #48 on: 08 July 2015, 12:22:20 »
a few more questions.

so as time passes how are "newer" model units and equipment worked in the the Unit Market or made possible to requisition?

as for W.D. ratings how do you determine your letter rating? i'm only seeing a numerical grading system in the overview tab?

and for when the possibility comes are dropships and jumpships worth the crazy investment needed?

thanks for all of your help.

scJazz

• Captain
« Reply #49 on: 08 July 2015, 16:16:18 »
By year of availability

In campaign options change > General >Unit Rating Method change it to FM:Mercs

depends :)

zulf

• Sergeant
« Reply #50 on: 09 July 2015, 19:10:05 »
this may be a every so often 100+ vehicle crew members will show up in my personnel list all at once. why is this happening?

Davout73

• Captain
« Reply #51 on: 09 July 2015, 19:26:01 »
Screenshoot?  Game Log?
Kiiro no Torii, a Battletech AU, found here:
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,7316.0.html
Interview with a Mercenary, found here: http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,319.0.html
Every Man Must Be Tempted, a KNT Universe series: https://bg.battletech.com/forums/fan-fiction/every-man-must-be-tempted
"Violence is the last resort of the incompetent, because the competent use it when it could do some good."

epic

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #52 on: 09 July 2015, 20:10:18 »
did you kill a lot of vees in the last scenario and take prisoners?
Agent # 703

PurpleDragon

• Captain
« Reply #53 on: 09 July 2015, 22:53:33 »
Yeah, any prisoners you take will show up in your personell.  However, their rank should indicate they are prisoners.   You can't assign them to anything until you "free" them.   
give a man a fire, keep him warm for a night. 
Set him on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life!

The secret to winning the land/air battle is that you must always remain rigidly flexible.

I like tabletop more anyway, computer games are for nerds!  -  Knallogfall

zulf

• Sergeant
« Reply #54 on: 10 July 2015, 11:16:22 »
they are not prisoners because in the finance log there are hiring fees for each of the 100+ people. i think it might be a bug when a random vehicle gets added to the company at the start of the month every now and then.

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #55 on: 10 July 2015, 12:43:55 »
there was a bug where prisoners where still being hired even though they were prisoners.

zulf

• Sergeant
« Reply #56 on: 10 July 2015, 13:04:37 »
thanks for the clarification.

zulf

• Sergeant
« Reply #57 on: 12 July 2015, 13:04:33 »
i'm currently having a problem where one of my mechs is not showing up to the battlefield. its on the unit list in HQ and in the deployment list at the start of megamek. but it doesn't show up on the field. its even absent from the unit list in the upper right of the map.

scJazz

• Captain
« Reply #58 on: 12 July 2015, 13:37:35 »
save MHQ... restart... restart game

old bug

zulf

• Sergeant
« Reply #59 on: 12 July 2015, 17:58:06 »
thanks!