Author Topic: new Warhammer at GenCon 2015  (Read 21981 times)

TimberWolf

• Recruit
Re: new Warhammer at GenCon 2015
« Reply #30 on: 13 August 2015, 08:50:34 »
Man, I can't wait to get my hands on these!  And just when I was about to break down and order some of the Robotech Tactics stuff...  :)

And I agree that ending the Unseen idea is a Really Good Thing. 

And since I"m slowly painting my way through several different forces (the better to introduce new players with), I definitely plan on ordering several of each of the Warhammer, Marauder, and Archer (at least) so that each of my different armies can join in the fun!   :D

Terrace

• Lieutenant
« Reply #31 on: 13 August 2015, 09:11:16 »
Is the Seen T-Bolt gonna have the cockpit on the left side? Because I heard the Reseen version had the cockpit swapped to the left side because of how the crits were laid out on the original model (LRM-15 on the right side, 3 Medium Lasers on the left) not matching up with the Unseen art (LRMs were over the left shoulder?  ???).

mdauben

• Lieutenant
  • MARAUDERS!!!
« Reply #32 on: 13 August 2015, 11:44:15 »
if these come out in plastic, we will need an individual plastics ordering system.
I'm already planning what to do with four full sets of these new "classic" mechs.  Four Warhammers?  Four Riflemen?  Four Marauders!?  Yes, please, may I have another!!!   ;D
Mike

7th Sword of Light - House Hiritsu - 3rd Bear Guards

Daemion

• Major
  • The Future of BattleTech
    • Never Tales and Other Daydreams
« Reply #33 on: 13 August 2015, 13:32:04 »
It head caps it, in my opinion. 10 to the head and 12 on the crits   8)

Actually, I was hoping to see a comparison shot. Rumor has it that someone brought a vintage partha Warhammer, nicely painted up, and some shots were taken of it next to the Kerensky Warhammer WiP.

It's your world. You can do anything you want in it. - Bob Ross

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

I helped make a game! ^_^  - Forge Of War: Tactics

Vash The Stampede

• Captain
  • LOVE AND PEACE!!!
« Reply #34 on: 13 August 2015, 19:48:07 »
I'm already planning what to do with four full sets of these new "classic" mechs.  Four Warhammers?  Four Riflemen?  Four Marauders!?  Yes, please, may I have another!!!   ;D

I want the Battlemaster! A company of those! One of my favorite IS assaults
I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that.

"I crush little childrens dreams everyday...Ralph your not a kangaroo...Ralph your also not a trophy....." (Quote used by Jesse Richards (ExtremeBloodAspUser))

RGCavScout

• Master Sergeant
  • We are the Brute Squad!
« Reply #35 on: 13 August 2015, 23:04:17 »
They are dead sexy!  Give us more of all!

"Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."  Dread Pirate Roberts

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
« Reply #36 on: 19 August 2015, 04:42:58 »
I see these..and really wonder how they handled Harmony Gold? I mean...the company that hit PGI with
a cease and desist that stopped them from making MW5 because 0fo the Warhammer in the video that
didn't look much different than this version..
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #37 on: 20 August 2015, 15:31:09 »
I see these..and really wonder how they handled Harmony Gold? I mean...the company that hit PGI with
a cease and desist that stopped them from making MW5 because 0fo the Warhammer in the video that

I'd been wondering about this myself.
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

Charlemagne

• Master Sergeant
  • Honor is Bulletproof
« Reply #38 on: 20 August 2015, 16:00:50 »

Because Topps' lawyers bite harder than Harmony Golds' lawyers?   >:D
Honor is Bulletproof

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #39 on: 20 August 2015, 16:54:55 »
Those are great looking mini's
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
« Reply #40 on: 20 August 2015, 17:07:26 »
HG just tried to sue Hasbro over a Transformer they said looked too much like a Valkyrie and lost the argument. With talks of a Robotech movie deal, HG may be picking their battles more carefully now that they know not every legal action will be a win.   
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #41 on: 20 August 2015, 17:08:46 »

This "issue" has been brought up several times, each time being told it's not something you need to be concerned about. Whatever process is being used to ensure these designs do not violate HG's copyrights is going to happen behind the scenes and not be something talked about in public.

Also, PGI wasn't hit with a C&D, to our knowledge. IGN was hit with one for hosting the proof-of-concept video for a new MechWarrior game that included artwork that HG felt violated their copyrights. This went unchallenged because it was just a prototype. That PGI decided to do "MechWarrior 5" as an online free-to-play deathmatch game was a result of their own internal decisions.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Mech42ace

• Lieutenant
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #42 on: 20 August 2015, 17:56:54 »
HG just tried to sue Hasbro over a Transformer they said looked too much like a Valkyrie and lost the argument. With talks of a Robotech movie deal, HG may be picking their battles more carefully now that they know not every legal action will be a win.
If it's a live action movie, with real people... They will more than likely have to reamp the designs to make them more realistic. (More surface details, ect. Ect.)  Wouldn't it be deliciously ironic if Topps sued HG because there tomahawk looks a bit too much like our warhammer?  }:)
At Comstar we listen. It's that simple.

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #43 on: 20 August 2015, 18:48:29 »
The ultimate irony would be if Topps/CGL licenses out the new artwork for use in Robotech stuff.

I say "ultimate irony" largely because it will never happen.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #44 on: 20 August 2015, 19:07:31 »
That PGI decided to do "MechWarrior 5" as an online free-to-play deathmatch game was a result of their own internal decisions.
The official statement from PGI was that MW5 needed to be multi-platform in order to receive necessary backing.  Since Microsoft owns the rights, they appeared to be a bit hesitant to allow it on consoles other than the Xbox.  (One of the first dev blogs over at MWO covered this pretty well.)

The Harmony Gold bogey-man popping up all the time does get amusing, though.  I hear that if you stare into the bathroom mirror in candle light and repeat their name three times, a lawyer will appear and slap you with a C&D.

edit: found the dev blog... http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/13-dev-blog-0-reboot/
« Last Edit: 20 August 2015, 19:25:17 by Cache »

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
« Reply #45 on: 20 August 2015, 19:32:48 »

The Harmony Gold bogey-man popping up all the time does get amusing, though.  I hear that if you stare into the bathroom mirror in candle light and repeat their name three times, a lawyer will appear and slap you with a C&D.

Actually hear the same thing about Game Workshop, someone makes a fan site and then never heard from again #P

Back on topic:

Can't wait to see the more of the new Wammy,
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

Charbok

• Sergeant
« Reply #46 on: 22 August 2015, 18:30:00 »
Actually hear the same thing about Game Workshop, someone makes a fan site and then never heard from again #P

Back on topic:

Can't wait to see the more of the new Wammy,

I'm pretty sure after the Chapterhouse fiasco that GeeDubz are keeping their lawpack on a shorter leash.  Also, those new Warhammers are sexy as all get out.  Can't wait to get some.

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #47 on: 23 August 2015, 05:32:53 »
The new warhammers are nowhere near the same so HG wouldn't have a leg to stand on anyway.

Khell

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #48 on: 27 August 2015, 12:39:41 »
Okay...
The Warhammer looks AMAZING.  How can I get it, where can I get it, WHEN can I get it?

klarg1

• Captain
« Reply #49 on: 27 August 2015, 12:49:40 »
Okay...
The Warhammer looks AMAZING.  How can I get it, where can I get it, WHEN can I get it?

As with all things CGL: When it's done.

blackjack

• When you're a professional pirate ...
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #50 on: 27 August 2015, 23:15:30 »
As with all things CGL: When it's done.

Looks done to me!!!!  [drool]

ijewett

• Sergeant
« Reply #51 on: 28 August 2015, 00:21:31 »
I have to agree with that sentiment. Send those prototypes to the caster and get them into the store.

Mech42ace

• Lieutenant
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #52 on: 29 August 2015, 17:25:17 »
Send those prototypes to the caster and get them into the store.
Yes Please!

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #53 on: 29 August 2015, 18:52:48 »
I am still impatiently waiting for this to be released.... Please hurry while I still have money to burn!!!

c_gee

• Number of the Be(a)st!
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Corporal
« Reply #54 on: 01 September 2015, 11:18:32 »
Your warhammers found their way onto my terrain board at PAX15.

Also, CSO's Wackrabbit was at PAX15 and painted another one up, too.

« Last Edit: 01 September 2015, 11:50:17 by c_gee »
Demo Agent #666
Vancouver, Canada

Azakael

• Warrant Officer
  • Brotherhood of Outreach - Until the Sword Breaks
« Reply #55 on: 01 September 2015, 11:47:51 »
Maaan. We want all want one (or several...) for our own painting pleasure...

Mech42ace

• Lieutenant
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #56 on: 01 September 2015, 17:01:17 »
Why must tptb taunt us so?  :o

Komodo-1970

• Sergeant
« Reply #57 on: 02 September 2015, 05:12:52 »
Cannot wait to see the other masters!  Can the Marauder be far behind?  :)
Check out our Alpha Strike blog:
http://btsmallwars.blogspot.com/

Vash The Stampede

• Captain
  • LOVE AND PEACE!!!
« Reply #58 on: 02 September 2015, 08:39:25 »
The Marauder will be an exciting piece to get! I'm happy it holds a strong resemblance to the actual unseen one, with that sort of alienish/retro-robot vibe to it.

Even the little guys (wasp, stinger, locust etc.) I'm excited about
I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that.

"I crush little childrens dreams everyday...Ralph your not a kangaroo...Ralph your also not a trophy....." (Quote used by Jesse Richards (ExtremeBloodAspUser))

mdauben

• Lieutenant
  • MARAUDERS!!!
« Reply #59 on: 02 September 2015, 10:44:18 »
The Marauder will be an exciting piece to get! I'm happy it holds a strong resemblance to the actual unseen one, with that sort of alienish/retro-robot vibe to it.

Even the little guys (wasp, stinger, locust etc.) I'm excited about
Yes, the Marauder has always been a special favorite of mine, but I'm eager for even the light mechs.  I've already got two companies planned out on paper using the original TRO3025 mechs.  Can't wait to get started on them!   8)
Mike

7th Sword of Light - House Hiritsu - 3rd Bear Guards