Author Topic: (Sore Thumbs) What Non-BT related Video Game you're playing  (Read 166209 times)

elf25s

• Major
Re: (Sore Thumbs) What Non-BT related Video Game you're playing
« Reply #360 on: 30 January 2017, 15:28:44 »
ok oldie but fun and i forgot how much fun it was to play
metroid for nes and super metroid for snes
emulation is so good i did not have to dig out any of the gaming systems from storage
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #361 on: 30 January 2017, 18:03:28 »
OK, just finished ME1 (doing casual combat etc...Hey i did say this is like my 5th playthrough and simply doing it for LoLZ).

Finished with my RENEGADE through the roof! it is max. The last few Missions (Feros and killing all colonists controlled by the Thorian), Vermire and killing Wrex (something I had never done in all my playthroughs).

But, still have a few achievements that have alluded me and I have no clue what I need to do to get them.

EVERY mission I had Tali and Liara, and yet, not achievement for playing majority of Game with the Assari nor Playing majority of game with Quarrian.... ???

I mean, seriously EA/BIOWARE? If I NEVER take anyone else (except Ashley and Kaidan at the beginning because they are the only options), then how do I achieve those achievements?
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

elf25s

• Major
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #363 on: 30 January 2017, 22:57:42 »
OK, just finished ME1 (doing casual combat etc...Hey i did say this is like my 5th playthrough and simply doing it for LoLZ).

Finished with my RENEGADE through the roof! it is max. The last few Missions (Feros and killing all colonists controlled by the Thorian), Vermire and killing Wrex (something I had never done in all my playthroughs).

But, still have a few achievements that have alluded me and I have no clue what I need to do to get them.

EVERY mission I had Tali and Liara, and yet, not achievement for playing majority of Game with the Assari nor Playing majority of game with Quarrian.... ???

I mean, seriously EA/BIOWARE? If I NEVER take anyone else (except Ashley and Kaidan at the beginning because they are the only options), then how do I achieve those achievements?

It's a matter of how many missions you complete with them as your party members.  To get the achievement, you've got to complete a certain number of missions with them in your party so you probably aren't doing enough side-missions.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #364 on: 31 January 2017, 00:09:12 »
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
« Reply #365 on: 02 February 2017, 12:49:26 »
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Not without it's flaws. However, I can't seem to put it down. So good. Mmmm...

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #366 on: 02 February 2017, 23:45:54 »
ok with dread and joy i am about to loose few weeks of my life...found my old disks for final fantasy VII and VIII for pc port....
gods above and below existing and dead...help me now because i do not plan to see sunlight for those weeks

Reldn

• Lieutenant
« Reply #367 on: 05 February 2017, 20:17:07 »
Been playing through Shadow of Mordor GOTY Edition on PS4 recently. Finally got through all of the Weapon Legend side missions...Some of the ones for Acharn drove me up a wall.  [madflame]

3rd Lyran Guards
2nd Oriente Hussars
Scorpion Empire Tau & Seeker Galaxy

Caedis Animus

• Captain
  • How can a bird be sultry? Very carefully.
« Reply #368 on: 18 February 2017, 16:52:37 »
I've been playing Black Ops 3 on the side lately. All things considered, I think that it's better than Infinite Warfare in practically every way.

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #369 on: 18 February 2017, 17:50:11 »
On the Continuing Advebtures of jerk Shepard, Finished ME2 with the following:

Never Woke Grunt
Turned Legion over to Cerberus
Killed Samara and took Morinth in her place
Succeeded in Killing off Kasumi, Garus, jack, Tali, Thane, & Moridin in the Suicide Mission

Only survivors were: Zaede, Morinth, Miranda, Jacob

In ME3, I have successfully "broken up" with Miranda (she cried as she walked away), continue to be the biggest Jerk in Galaxy, and found out that if you don't heal your Scares in ME2, they come back in ME3  >:D

Ah, Sheppard...you're such a jerk!
« Last Edit: 18 February 2017, 18:05:56 by NeonKnight »

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #370 on: 18 February 2017, 22:06:33 »
So you're going to be stuck with EDI, Liara, and Vega as your only squad mates in ME3, unless you plan to dig up Javik?

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #371 on: 19 February 2017, 13:24:02 »
So you're going to be stuck with EDI, Liara, and Vega as your only squad mates in ME3, unless you plan to dig up Javik?

Got Javik.

And if they the only ones, then they the only ones.

Again, part of the curiousity in me in seeing how the game progresses with all my past decisions. And I must say, they did do a fine job of it. I t gives the game the 'feeling' of being a living game.

Ghost0402

• Lieutenant
« Reply #372 on: 19 February 2017, 13:28:26 »
Picked up the Division.  Pretty fun so far.
"Kiss my hairy ass Falcon,"  Star Colonel Onyx,  17th Wolf Regulars Cluster, Clan Wolf  Wars of Reaving.

Reldn

• Lieutenant
« Reply #373 on: 09 March 2017, 22:43:17 »
On PC I've currently been playing Grim Dawn. Started up a Warder (Shaman/Soldier) this time around.

On PS4 I've been playing Berserk and the Band of the Hawk as well as NieR: Automata.

3rd Lyran Guards
2nd Oriente Hussars
Scorpion Empire Tau & Seeker Galaxy

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #374 on: 10 March 2017, 01:08:37 »
about 50% through HORIZON ZERO DAWN...less than 2 weeks for ME: Andromeda!

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #375 on: 10 March 2017, 02:18:16 »
Yeah, HZD is amazing.

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #377 on: 10 March 2017, 12:14:20 »
Horizon Zero Dawn

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #378 on: 10 March 2017, 15:18:00 »
I got a free copy of Hard Reset Redux from Twitch Prime, so I've been plugging away at that. It's...not great. The graphics are quite good, and the gameplay is pretty solid so far, but the story is butt. Stinky butt.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Atlas3060

• ugh this guy again
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just some rando
« Reply #379 on: 13 March 2017, 15:15:57 »
Getting back into Elder Scrolls Online.
I have so many recipes to cover now that houses are in.
It's not about winning or losing, no it's all about how many chapters have you added to the rule books after your crazy antics.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #380 on: 18 March 2017, 01:18:51 »
Well, I beat Horizon Zero Dawn.  It was a lot of fun, but I ended up not bothering to complete everything on it- just started getting too repetitive and the late game just doesn't offer enough stuff- I had all the best weapons by about 1/3rd of the way through and if you know what you're doing you can get absolutely the best suit of armor even earlier, which is a total game breaker.  It level caps at 50, which doesn't give you enough skill points to get everything, but there are enough quests that grant extra skill points that you can still make it.  Unfortunately, some of the skills are underpowered- I never even used the Strike From Below skill once in the game so the only reason to get it was to get the Leader Strike (which I used a lot), and unless you go for it straight from the start, Scavenger Plus is pointless because you'll have no trouble finding enough parts on the machines you kill.

Still, it's a fun game and I'm quite happy with having purchased it.

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #381 on: 18 March 2017, 09:14:54 »
Well, I beat Horizon Zero Dawn.  It was a lot of fun, but I ended up not bothering to complete everything on it- just started getting too repetitive and the late game just doesn't offer enough stuff- I had all the best weapons by about 1/3rd of the way through and if you know what you're doing you can get absolutely the best suit of armor even earlier, which is a total game breaker.  It level caps at 50, which doesn't give you enough skill points to get everything, but there are enough quests that grant extra skill points that you can still make it.  Unfortunately, some of the skills are underpowered- I never even used the Strike From Below skill once in the game so the only reason to get it was to get the Leader Strike (which I used a lot), and unless you go for it straight from the start, Scavenger Plus is pointless because you'll have no trouble finding enough parts on the machines you kill.

Still, it's a fun game and I'm quite happy with having purchased it.

Well, almost done (think I'm around 85% or so), I am enjoying it, but then, I am a completor, doing all side missions. Yes, the level Cap is...weird. You actually earn with all side mission and other things more skill points than you can spend them on. I have all skills unlocked, and am still getting skill points  :-\

As to the story, very interesting, and I enjoyed it.

OK, so one of the 'side missions' I did was to assist a character in SunHold in tracking down a man who was wanted by the Sun Priests, this led to a big battle in the mountains that saw the demise of the Sun Priest. Later I was told to meet another gentlemen to assist the SunHold royal family (the mother and young King) to felle across the lake to Meridian. The led to a big battle with a Rock Spitter, more troops and ultimately a one-on-one pretty much with a turned Thunderjaw.

THEN I went into the Gaia/Zero Dawn complex under Sunhold. When I was then captured and sacrificed in the Arena, the villan went on about how I assisted the royal family to flee to meridian, and how it mattered little in the grand scheme. So, not sure if that part of the speech would have mattered or not if I did not do the side quest before entering the Gaia/Zero dawn complex.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #382 on: 18 March 2017, 11:40:22 »
No, that part of the speech only occurs if you do those quests beforehand.

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #383 on: 07 April 2017, 15:26:34 »
got my gog on!
had this sitting for awhile since doctors told me to take it easy over next few weeks due to heart issues i finally have time to play oldie but fun
star control 1 and 2 and ill follow it up with urguan masters...
should keep me busy and relaxed for few days at least

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #384 on: 07 April 2017, 15:55:09 »
Anyone else preorder Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition?

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #385 on: 09 April 2017, 21:53:34 »
I'm currently playing (slowly) Interstellar Pilot.  This best be described as Elite, but a Light weight version.
My game on Droid, however you can use it on any platform if you download a emulator (I've not tried this yet).

Its basically a space simulation game where you can control a singular ship and potentially more as you increase your fortunes. It's free for the basic version, with 8 potential star systems to interact with (alternate 8 different ones in different game mode).  Ships travel between systems via wormholes.  There are fighters to battleships as well civilian vessels. 

The game offers a player different style of game play.  Instant action allows you just do a one-off fight, while other modes allows you to take your time and play in differient size space settings. WHere you can perform certain job roles from miner, explorer, trader, enforcer etc.  There huge slew different type ships.  The free download offers only fighter size ships with biggest being shuttle.  However, 1.99 allows you access to the capital ships.   Your ship has cargo holds, passenger modules you can add, tractor beam to snag debris and of course minerals from mining.

While flying the ship, the universe is 3d.  Combat is pretty much straight forward, where you can circle your enemy and fire your array of weaponry.  Depending on the ship you can mount from few different kinds of energy, missile and even space mines as you fly.

So far I've enjoyed myself.  Its simple version of Elite essentially, but its intended to operate on a phone so it not as complicate as PC simulator.  Despite being phone game, I find it remarkable how vast it is in things you can do and universe you can travel.  There no real how to play file, but there is tutorials to learn how to operate the ship, but not in-dept stuff on how make money in detail.

If your looking for some easy and it's time killer. This potentially good semi-depth game, but not too deep.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #386 on: 09 April 2017, 22:07:29 »
Anyone else preorder Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition?

Instabuy.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #387 on: 09 April 2017, 22:13:17 »
I'm in the middle of Zelda for the Switch.

My goodness this game is amazing. It's like Zelda got mixed with Skyrim and they poured a whole bucket of Studio Ghibli paint all over it. It's beautiful.

The hardware is very nice too. The controller is surprisingly comfortable and the transition to portable is quick and easy. Good fit and finish. Good UI. No cloud saves (boo!).
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #388 on: 10 April 2017, 11:31:52 »
i was watching gunhed last night...is it my imagination that all the mechs from armored core series are pretty much gunhed with extra weapons?

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #389 on: 10 April 2017, 20:23:48 »
I think that could be situation where one influences the other. I remember Japan back in the day like similar machines, nod to another design.  I remember how the original Gundam strongly resembles the original G1 Optimus Prime.

Or It's Gunhead design similarities is just a continence. I wish they had made a Gunhead video game! That would been awesome to play!
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Register