Author Topic: (Sore Thumbs) What Non-BT related Video Game you're playing  (Read 165950 times)

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
Re: (Sore Thumbs) What Non-BT related Video Game you're playing
« Reply #420 on: 29 April 2017, 19:50:22 »
To be honest, I've preferred the ergonomics of Sony's controllers ever since the PS2.  But I used to have a 360 so I'm used to the control scheme and it's just nice to be playing something like Saints Row 2 with a proper controller instead of the keyboard.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #421 on: 30 April 2017, 12:12:48 »
ok silent hill 1 and 2
for pc port
forgot how much fun it was
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #422 on: 30 April 2017, 13:20:56 »
To be honest, I've preferred the ergonomics of Sony's controllers ever since the PS2.  But I used to have a 360 so I'm used to the control scheme and it's just nice to be playing something like Saints Row 2 with a proper controller instead of the keyboard.

Interesting. I found that the PS4 controller was the first I could hold without cramping, probably because it's a wider grip. I actually switched from the 360 controllers to the XB1 controllers last year. They're both Xinput on Windows, but I discovered that I prefer the lighter control resistance of the XB1 as well as a proper D-pad (I think the 360 controller was designed before Nintendo's patent expired).
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #423 on: 30 April 2017, 15:36:57 »
Interesting. I found that the PS4 controller was the first I could hold without cramping, probably because it's a wider grip. I actually switched from the 360 controllers to the XB1 controllers last year. They're both Xinput on Windows, but I discovered that I prefer the lighter control resistance of the XB1 as well as a proper D-pad (I think the 360 controller was designed before Nintendo's patent expired).
ok i know i will be smacked for this but i myself miss the n64 controller
it was the only one that fit my hands and after few uses was very intuitve to use...
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

Reldn

• Lieutenant
« Reply #424 on: 30 April 2017, 17:45:15 »
Stuck inside on a cold, rainy(flooded) day. The Wife has been watching Hallmark movies and I've been left with cold beer and Ripping N' Tearing through Doom(2016) on PC today :D ...Since I remembered that I can actually run it now after replacing my old GTX 780 with a 1070.  :-[
« Last Edit: 30 April 2017, 19:50:18 by Reldn »

3rd Lyran Guards
2nd Oriente Hussars
Scorpion Empire Tau & Seeker Galaxy

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #425 on: 01 May 2017, 20:24:36 »
ok i know i will be smacked for this but i myself miss the n64 controller
it was the only one that fit my hands and after few uses was very intuitve to use...

Hey, whatever works for you. I suggested the 360 controller because, well, it's what I like, but everyone's hands are different.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #426 on: 01 May 2017, 22:19:32 »
Yeah, whatever works. The third handle was still odd though.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Sapphirus

• Lieutenant
  • I dunno, here's Cirno shrugging...
« Reply #427 on: 19 May 2017, 15:53:47 »
I was playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe on my Nintendo Switch (yes I do love the Switch), and yesterday I was playing Shovel Knight on the same system and I totally dig Shovel Knight  :))

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #428 on: 19 May 2017, 15:59:02 »
I was playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe on my Nintendo Switch (yes I do love the Switch), and yesterday I was playing Shovel Knight on the same system and I totally dig Shovel Knight  :))

Portable or plugged in? I've found to my surprise I've been using it more as a portable machine even though the TV mode works very well.

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #429 on: 19 May 2017, 16:08:36 »
Well, just finished the mainstory for....GTA V!  :o
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #430 on: 19 May 2017, 18:42:47 »
I'm back to Binding of Isaac, mostly the excellent fan mod "Antibirth." While it certainly has its issues - especially in the disappointing Afterbirth+ DLC - it's still my favorite game, and I'm looking forward to another thousand hours in it.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Reldn

• Lieutenant
« Reply #431 on: 19 May 2017, 19:18:39 »
Been playing through "The Surge" at the moment. Pretty fun game, I must say.

3rd Lyran Guards
2nd Oriente Hussars

Sapphirus

• Lieutenant
  • I dunno, here's Cirno shrugging...
« Reply #432 on: 19 May 2017, 19:37:03 »
Portable or plugged in?

Portable.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #433 on: 19 May 2017, 19:43:13 »
Portable.

Wait till you try it multiplayer. Although the shoulder buttons on the joycons are really loose, the experience isn't bad in a party atmosphere. That commercial was actually true believe it or not. I'd like to try with another owner on local net sometime.

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #434 on: 20 May 2017, 11:25:32 »
ok i had been playing skyrim on and off for few weeks now
and by accident i rode a dragon...
apparently its not a bug...did some digging and found that out by accident not by trying ...fun surprise...

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #435 on: 20 May 2017, 11:42:27 »
There's a Shout that allows you to command a dragon to let you ride, but it's honestly on the lame side since you can't actually control the dragon, you just circle around the area for a while.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #436 on: 29 May 2017, 17:32:16 »
ok old school slash and dash steal everything in sight...
diablo II LOD

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #437 on: 29 May 2017, 20:26:31 »
Closing in on the end of Breath of the Wild. 109 shrines, 319 korok seeds, and all divine beasts. Still looking to upgrade all the armor. What a delightful game of exploration.

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #438 on: 29 May 2017, 21:13:42 »
Just started Final Fantasy XV and have Horizon Zero Dawn after that  [rockon]
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Demon55

• Captain
  • Planning wisely.
« Reply #439 on: 29 May 2017, 23:10:54 »
Arma: Cold War Assault and I just started playing Skyrim again.

Reldn

• Lieutenant
« Reply #440 on: 11 June 2017, 16:43:28 »
Been playing through Dawn of War: Dark Crusade and Jade Empire again. I also just went a bit crazy on the GOG Summer Sale and now have Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition, Pillars of Eternity and its expansion, Worms: Armageddon and W.M.D. as well as Rebel Galaxy.

3rd Lyran Guards
2nd Oriente Hussars

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #441 on: 11 June 2017, 17:17:20 »
Playing through Saints Row 2 again, but this time I'm hitting all the Diversions before starting the main story to see how many unlockable bonuses I can rack up.  Already have unlimited pistol, SMG, and Shotgun ammo, plus increased health regen, improved melee damage, and extra stamina.

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #442 on: 12 June 2017, 13:21:19 »
I have placed an order for Seek and Destroy. I loved the demo many years ago. I hope I can still enjoy of the game. Because it is a little known game, here is gameplay video for you to look at

[edit]
Demo for you to try it out. Could require use of DOSBox to get it to work.

[edit2]
Downloaded demo and played first scenario of it. Still a fun game O0
« Last Edit: 12 June 2017, 13:41:24 by Matti »
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #443 on: 12 June 2017, 19:58:09 »
Been having a lot of fun with friday the 13th
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Matti

• Major
  • In Rory we trust
« Reply #444 on: 14 June 2017, 11:42:21 »
I have placed an order for Seek and Destroy. I loved the demo many years ago. I hope I can still enjoy of the game. Because it is a little known game, here is gameplay video for you to look at

[edit]
Demo for you to try it out. Could require use of DOSBox to get it to work.

[edit2]
Downloaded demo and played first scenario of it. Still a fun game O0
Got the game today on good old CD-ROM. Needs DOSBox to work, but it works. Except for USB gamepads: no matter how I calibrate them (in Windows and in the game), it is out of whack [tickedoff]
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights errant, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

Atlas3060

• ugh this guy again
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just some rando
« Reply #445 on: 19 June 2017, 12:01:11 »
ESO's latest expansion, Morrowind.
Overall kind of fun for a MMO.
It's not about winning or losing, no it's all about how many chapters have you added to the rule books after your crazy antics.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #446 on: 19 June 2017, 18:20:18 »
ESO's latest expansion, Morrowind.
Overall kind of fun for a MMO.

Story any better than get
  • [commodity] [return]?

Atlas3060

• ugh this guy again
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just some rando
« Reply #447 on: 19 June 2017, 19:27:27 »
Story any better than get
  • [commodity] [return]?
One of the main story quests has you doing a solid for Vivec, not too many fetch quests there. Mostly a mystery, but yeah there's the occasional "I need this..." type of mission. Afterwards I went around Vvardenfell and helped out Ashlanders, House Redoran, etc. I'm still low level on my Warden who I exclusively have on that island, but I'm enjoying it.
It's not about winning or losing, no it's all about how many chapters have you added to the rule books after your crazy antics.

Top Sergeant

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
  • Swamp Angels Mercenary Regiment
« Reply #448 on: 22 June 2017, 06:40:06 »
I've been playing Heroes and Generals. Not bad for a free game.
We hear that there are tumults and riots in Rome, and that voices are raised concerning the army and the quality of our soldiers. Make haste to reassure us that you love and support us as we love and support you, for if we find that we have left our bones to bleach in these sands in vain, then beware the fury of the legions.

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #449 on: 22 June 2017, 08:47:46 »
Currently it's Diablo III: Reaper of Souls
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada