Author Topic: Conversions-Warhammer 40k  (Read 72854 times)

Cryhavok101

• Captain
Re: Conversions-Warhammer 40k
« Reply #31 on: 27 October 2016, 22:05:08 »
For the record, anything I am labeling as quasi-legal, is actually a legal design. The possibly illegal part is how I am employing them. In the Emperor Titan's case you could use both units separately, as those types of units are generally intended too.

Daemion

• Major
  • The Future of BattleTech
    • Never Tales and Other Daydreams
« Reply #32 on: 28 October 2016, 15:59:57 »
For the record, anything I am labeling as quasi-legal, is actually a legal design. The possibly illegal part is how I am employing them. In the Emperor Titan's case you could use both units separately, as those types of units are generally intended too.

Being able to multi-target without the penalty! If that's the case, you might want to make the different shoulders its own emplacement, but still being carried on the back as 'external cargo'. This would allow for more tightly grouped shots taking out portions of the walking dropship without really effecting the rest.

I like this approach. Too bad they didn't do it with dropships and warships or mobile structures.

It's your world. You can do anything you want in it. - Bob Ross

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

I helped make a game! ^_^  - Forge Of War: Tactics

Cryhavok101

• Captain
« Reply #33 on: 28 October 2016, 16:33:10 »
Too bad they didn't do it with dropships and warships or mobile structures.

Yeah, I am kind of sad about that. I would build cities atop warships if they let me. There are far too many hindrances to it though, like not being able to move with things attached to your docking points without likely causing damage to the ship.

If you want to get really silly though, instead of having a one hex building at 150 CF, you could have a one hex/4 level building at 50 CF per level. Then the structure on the mech's back would be taller than the mech itself, and the whole mess would be 7 levels tall. Then you just sit back and wait for it to fall over and all the rulings handling that will require.  >:D

you might want to make the different shoulders its own emplacement

Can you put 2 structures in the same hex at the same level?

Black_Knyght

• Captain
  • Nisi mors certum est in bello
« Reply #34 on: 28 October 2016, 19:23:17 »
I have to say that, whatever the genre may be, I really LOVE seeing your conversions and adaptations !!! I actually look forward to seeing whatever comes up next!

spacewolflord

• Corporal
  • Been one since Second
« Reply #35 on: 28 October 2016, 20:05:56 »
These are all awesome.  I must ask two things though.  1)  Where did you get that cool Black Templar picture?  2) 200 would fit more a Reaver or a slim Warlord Titan in my mind.  But I can see why you went with the Emperor, at least trying to keep thinks in BT ranges.
The Intuitive Mind is a sacred gift, the Rational mind, a loyal servant. Our society has honored the servant and forgotten the gift.
- Albert Einstein

Cryhavok101

• Captain
Tau Skyray Missile Defense Gunship
« Reply #36 on: 28 October 2016, 20:09:31 »
Tau Skyray Missile Defense Gunship

Code: [Select]
Skyray Missile Defense Gunship
Clan experimental
60 tons 
BV: 1,605
Cost: 10,875,000 C-bills

Movement: 4/6 (VTOL)
Engine: 10

Internal: 36
Armor: 250 (Ferro-Lamellor)
                     Internal    Armor
--------------------------------------
Front                       6       62
Right                       6       49
Left                        6       49
Rear                        6       39
Rotor                       6        2
Turret                      6       49

Weapon                         Loc  Heat
----------------------------------------
iATM 12                         TR     8
Clan TAG                        TR     0
Clan TAG                        TR     0

Ammo                           Loc Shots
iATM 12 Ammo                    BD     5

Equipment                      Loc
----------------------------------
Chin Turret                     TR
Active Probe                    BD
Armored Motive System           BD
Enviromental Sealed Chassis     BD

First An explanation:
Normally the tau tanks in 40k are considered hover tanks. Initially I set about trying to build them as such, and to start with I was looking at the skyray. Let me be frank, it is not possible to build the skyray as a hovercraft in battletech, not the way it really is. The culprit is the 6 single shot missiles it carries. They are a defining feature of the unit, and I wanted to include that function, rather than give it several full missile launchers, even if they were one-shot. The only way to carry missiles the way a skyray does is to be a VTOL, LAM, or Fighter. Tau hover tanks have those big turbines on the side, and there is actually artwork of airborne tau vehicles. When I realized all this I finally had the key. Those turbines on the side are it's rotors as a VTOL, and the big rack of missiles you see are 6 Light Anti-Air missiles carried on the external hardpoints that VTOL come with. This factor also decided the weight: in order to carry 6 LAAMs, it would have to have 12 hardpoints, (each one takes the space of 2 hardpoints), and since you get 1 hardpoint per 5 tons, a 60 ton superheavy VTOL was in order.

It is simply a VTOL that operates awfully close to the ground as standard operating procedure. This does however let it simulate the "anti-gravity' abilities of magic scifi hovercraft, and I am satisfied with this. In game of course, it will follow all the rules of being a VTOL, including being very, very vulnerable to melee attacks...

Have I mentioned I consider the skyray to be one of the two worst thought out designs by Tau engineers?

The Tau Empire's premiere anti-aircraft tank, the Skyray Missile Defense Gunship was designed, very simply to knock enemy aircraft out of the sky. It also has the capacity to have anti ground ordnance on it's 'wings', and in general it is built to support the ground troops. It also has 2 TAG units, able to pinpoint multiple targets for other skyray gunships, if they are loaded with laser guided ordnance.

For more lasting attack capability the Skyray carries a "Smart Missile System", an iATM 12 with multiple types of munitions. On top of this, it's Ferro-Lamellor armor gives it the best protection the Tau Empire can produce.

Cryhavok101

• Captain
« Reply #37 on: 28 October 2016, 20:19:36 »
I have to say that, whatever the genre may be, I really LOVE seeing your conversions and adaptations !!! I actually look forward to seeing whatever comes up next!

Thanks! I am glad to see people enjoying them.

These are all awesome.  I must ask two things though.  1)  Where did you get that cool Black Templar picture?  2) 200 would fit more a Reaver or a slim Warlord Titan in my mind.  But I can see why you went with the Emperor, at least trying to keep thinks in BT ranges.

Thanks!
1-All the images I am using are just from the images tab of a google search. The Black Templar one's link was: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6_WeaDXjKdgO-vtUY1xcz9NP1pMTmNxrMoVetwgbq3CxtJklR
2-If you count both pieces together, mech+structure, it is more like 350 tons, which will tower over even the largest super heavy mech in battletech, at 4 levels high. Without both pieces, it isn't really an Emperor Titan. I was planning on doing more Titans eventually, at 200, 150, and 125 tons (without buildings on their shoulders lol). They are ALL smaller in battletech than they would be in warhammer 40k. Much, much smaller. The Emperor is 54 meters high in 40k, for example. Even the Warhound towers well above an Atlas.

Caedis Animus

• Captain
  • How can a bird be sultry? Very carefully.
« Reply #38 on: 28 October 2016, 21:02:21 »
It's stuff like this that makes me wonder how Battletech's weight works-the Atlas actually isn't that much shorter than the Warhound, but yet weighs 310 tons less. Kind of reinforces the thought that Battletech's weight is abstract, and thus not really 100=100 tons.

Cryhavok101

• Captain
« Reply #39 on: 28 October 2016, 21:11:35 »
Well, there is also material density to consider (magic meta materials with something like 37,000 years of development over battletech), and with it's hunched over posture, and general bulkiness, the greater volume of the warhound, none of which is really reflected in battletech design rules... so yeah, tonnage in battletech is pretty abstract.

Edit: I am pretty sure it is also assigned randomly by what sounds good to the makers in warhammer 40k to, so abstract from all directions.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #40 on: 29 October 2016, 04:39:37 »
For the Imperator why not put a quartet of Plasmas in the arm? Two rifles and two cannons?  That way you get the heat and thump of the hit :) And yeah its insane but its great :)
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Cryhavok101

• Captain
« Reply #41 on: 29 October 2016, 08:16:10 »
For the Imperator why not put a quartet of Plasmas in the arm? Two rifles and two cannons?  That way you get the heat and thump of the hit :) And yeah its insane but its great :)

Believe it or not I was actually running into space and heat problems. A bunch of plasma weapons was my original plan for the volcano cannon, not for the massive hit, but to simulate decent range on a fiery weapon that I could hit multiple things with (by using multiple targeting to simulate the AoE it had). Unfortunately, between heat constraints, and space issues, I had to tone down the arsenal I was trying to put on there. I was a little stumped on how I should run it, until I remembered the thermobaric (fuel-air) weapons in Interstellar Operations, which absolutely obliterate infantry, explode bigger than normal arrow IV, and do a number on buildings as well. The incendiary effects and over-pressure wave reminded me of the explosive force of some volcanoes, like Kilimanjaro, and the much lower weight and heat constraints let me actually fit it in, so I went with it.

The Mech Mortar and HAG-40 were also originally multiple weapons, but it just wasn't fitting, even on the superheavy critical rules (due to heat and space), so they got reduced to single weapons as well. The mech mortar does hardly any damage compared to the weapon it was representing, but it was choosen because it launches 8 AoE munitions, which maches that weapon, even if there is a discrepancy in the damage. I am okay with that since warhammer 40k is primarily an infantry game, and a mech mortar will actually do a lot of damage to infantry, even if it is the least thing vehicles have to worry about. The HAG-40 was chosen as the giant multi-barreled weapon you can see on most pictures of it. Originally I was looking at fitting on 6 autocannons, but unless I went with AC-2s, it wasn't really going to fit in one arm. When looking at an alternative, I was originally going to go with a single rotary AC-5, but that weapon was supposed to be pretty long range, and I wanted to do that, so I simply went with the biggest single rapid fire weapon I could, which also happened to be long range.

*when I say 'due to heat and space' part of the problem was I couldn't put enough heat sinks on to bring it's alpha strike heat down to a level that it wouldn't shut down instantly on. Since the original has no issues firing it's entire arsenal at the same time, I felt it was important for this to do that as well.

Edit: For the record, this is an Emperor Titan, not an Imperator titan, I just looked them up, and they do seem to have a different armament. Most of my info came from here: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-JQokNa0YyoY/UX5WmSQehkI/AAAAAAAAOFk/rC__MeMN5x0/s1600/478177_594468603905957_1153639753_o.jpg

spacewolflord

• Corporal
  • Been one since Second
« Reply #42 on: 30 October 2016, 08:23:33 »
Okay, They are carrying the city on their back a bit more literal here then in 40k.   I didn't think the Carrying capacity was that much but those Host Lifts makes that happens it seems. 
Keep up the fun looking units.
The Intuitive Mind is a sacred gift, the Rational mind, a loyal servant. Our society has honored the servant and forgotten the gift.
- Albert Einstein

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #43 on: 30 October 2016, 08:58:22 »
Re making the Imperator - Oh lummy!  Perhaps cut down on the Hyper-lasers?  They are massive heat hogs.

Cryhavok101

• Captain
« Reply #44 on: 30 October 2016, 10:50:29 »
Yeah, the Imperator had less weapons than the Emperor it seems, so probably one arm with HAG-40, the other with plasma weapons, as you suggest, and a single hyper laser in the structure. I would also reduce the structure's CF since it doesn't need to be as big without the other 3 lasers, and their heat sinks.

Cryhavok101

• Captain
Imperator Titan
« Reply #45 on: 30 October 2016, 11:48:47 »
Imperator Titan

Imperator Titan Base
 Mixed (Base IS)
200 tons 
BV: 5,037
Cost: 338,532,500 C-bills

Movement: 2/2
Engine: 400 XXL
Heat Sinks: 21 [42]
Cockpit: Superheavy Cockpit
Gyro: Superheavy Gyro

Internal: 298 (Endo-Steel)
Armor: 596/599 (Hardened)
                     Internal    Armor
Center Torso               60       91
Center Torso (rear)                 29
Right Torso                42       64
Right Torso (rear)                  20
Left Torso                 42       64
Left Torso (rear)                   20
Right Arm                  33       65
Left Arm                   33       65
Right Leg                  42       83
Left Leg                   42       83

HAG/40 (Clan)                  LA/LT     8
RISC Advanced Point Defense System  RT     2
RISC Advanced Point Defense System  LT     2
Plasma Rifle                    RA    10

HAG/40 Ammo                     LA     3
APDS Ammo                       LT    12
APDS Ammo                       RT    12
Plasma Rifle Ammo               RA    10

Hardened                       None
Lift Hoist                      CT
Lift Hoist                      CT
Blue Shield Particle Field Damper  CT

I'm not going to do the math for the Structure on top, but I guarantee the one Hyper Laser and it's heat sinks can fit inside a CF 75+ structure, so just run with that. This will overheat on an alphastrike, but not to the point of auto-shutdown. You can fire all 4 plasma rifles without overheating at all as well.

Cryhavok101

• Captain
Hammerhead Tank
« Reply #46 on: 30 October 2016, 12:27:11 »
Hammerhead Tank

Hammerhead Tank
 Mixed (Base Clan)
50 tons 
BV: 1,264
Cost: 6,366,667 C-bills

Movement: 4/6 (VTOL)
Engine: 15 XXL

Internal: 30
Armor: 134 (Ferro-Fibrous)
                     Internal    Armor
Front                       5       33
Right                       5       26
Left                        5       26
Rear                        5       21
Rotor                       5        2
Turret                      5       26

Gauss Rifle                     TU     1
iATM 3                          FR     2

Gauss Ammo                      BD     8
iATM 3 Ammo                     BD    20

This is a VTOL for similar reasons as the Skyray Gunship is. This is the version with the Rail Rifle and Smart Missile System. It isn't terribly fast, but packs a wallop. The Tau Empire uses these as tank hunters, and in their area of space, they are quite effective at that job. However, with the heavy reliance of infantry the powers in that area have, means their vehicles are lacking to some degree, it is not as common a sight as the Battle Armor that can fill a similar role.

Cryhavok101

• Captain
Imperium Affiliation
« Reply #47 on: 30 October 2016, 15:02:31 »
For anyone interested, this is what I have used for Space Marine characters. I don't actually have material for any none-space marine characters, but will eventually write it up and post it).

Imperium Affiliation
150 XP

Primary Language: English
Secondary: Latin

Fixed XPs:
[Attributes] EDG (+50 XP); [Traits] Compulsion/Xenophobia (-100 XP), In For Life (-300 XPs), Transit Disorientation Syndrome (-100 XPs), Illiterate (-100 XPs); [Skills] Career/Any (30 XPs), Streetwise/Affiliation (30 XPs), Running (30 XPs), Protocol/Affiliation (30 XPs), Interest/Any (30 XPs)

Sub-Affiliations
Space Marine: [Traits] Elemental Phenotype, Belter Infantry Modification (pg 112 Jihad Conspiracies ISP2) (400 XPs), Mutagenic Virotherapy-Choose 1 1-TP option (pg 220 Wars of Reaving) (100 XPs)

Flexible XPs
50 XPs

*Transit Disorientation Syndrome is included to explain why the Imperium has such a violent aversion to Hyperspace. Presumably Navigators don't suffer from this.

Daemion

• Major
  • The Future of BattleTech
    • Never Tales and Other Daydreams
« Reply #48 on: 31 October 2016, 08:35:20 »
Can you put 2 structures in the same hex at the same level?

I don't see why not. A lot of buildings are rather small and don't take up an entire hex. Guard houses? Bunkers? I've always made room for that possibility in many of my home games. I've even gone so far as to have ultra-light buildings (modern housing fare) that don't do anything for combat other than impede movement, and maybe provide obstruction of they're big enough, but can be cleared as easily as woods (BMR style).

A Building hex is not a full building unto its own right, so I can envision that the building hexes overall CF and height are an amalgam of all the buildings in it if it happens to be filled with enough.

If you wanted to stat them all out, you probably could, then have the player choose which building they're entering when going into the hex.

Still, this isn't an official thing. It'd be going into unofficial territory.

But, the same reasoning can be applied to your mobile structures.

It's your world. You can do anything you want in it. - Bob Ross

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

I helped make a game! ^_^  - Forge Of War: Tactics

Cryhavok101

• Captain
« Reply #49 on: 31 October 2016, 09:38:26 »
Still, this isn't an official thing. It'd be going into unofficial territory.

But, the same reasoning can be applied to your mobile structures.

Well the problem for me lies in design. Many of the factors involved in designing a structure is based on the size of the building measured in hexes. All of my designs are legal designs, it is only how I am using them that is not necessarily legal. This means they can be used, in a completely legal manner, outside of the uses I describe here (IE the structure could be placed on the ground and used as it's stats dictate). That is pretty much where my own personal line is drawn, that the designs themselves have to be legal. If you want to stat it out the way you describe and post it here though, feel free  :)

Tymers Realm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #50 on: 31 October 2016, 10:14:26 »
@Cryhavok101

For the Skyray & the Hammerhand, why not build them as WiGEs?
Considering combat WiGEs can get into the 80 ton range. I would tend to think that they'd be better in flavor to what you want then what you could get w/VTOLs.

Cryhavok101

• Captain
« Reply #51 on: 31 October 2016, 10:52:25 »
@Cryhavok101

For the Skyray & the Hammerhand, why not build them as WiGEs?
Considering combat WiGEs can get into the 80 ton range. I would tend to think that they'd be better in flavor to what you want then what you could get w/VTOLs.

I had considered that, and if Wiges could carry external hardpoints for ordnance, I would have. Unfortunately they can't. I think they should be able to, but couldn't find any rules allowing it. With the Tau's reliance on seeker missiles, putting them on every vehicle in their arsenal, I felt the external ordnance was an important point.

I was planning on doing Wige for the space marine Landspeeders though.

Cryhavok101

• Captain
Adeptus Sororitas Power Armor
« Reply #52 on: 01 November 2016, 01:01:01 »

IS Light Chassis

Movement: 3/3

Internal: 5
Armor: 30
                     Internal    Armor
Trooper 1                   1        6
Trooper 2                   1        6
Trooper 3                   1        6
Trooper 4                   1        6
Trooper 5                   1        6

Armored Glove                  Left arm
Armored Glove                  Right arm
Extended Life Support          Body
Power Pack                     Body
Mission Equipment (60 kg)      Body
Squad Support Weapon (900 kg)  Body

While not as heavy or advanced as the Space Marine Power Armor, the armor of the Militant arm of the Imperium's Ecclesiarchy is still much better than the average soldier ever gets to wear. Capable of withstanding medium laser fire, and with an extended operational life, this battle armor is specially crafted and stylized for each individual user. Like the Space Marine armor, this one also bears considerable room for mission equipment, and a large capacity for a squad support weapon, allowing anything up to 900 KG

Cryhavok101

• Captain
Adeptus Sororitas Seraphim Armor
« Reply #53 on: 01 November 2016, 18:31:46 »

IS Light Chassis
BV: 146
Cost: 2,380,000 C-bills

Movement: 1/1/4

Internal: 5
Armor: 30
                     Internal    Armor
Trooper 1                   1        6
Trooper 2                   1        6
Trooper 3                   1        6
Trooper 4                   1        6
Trooper 5                   1        6

Armored Glove                  Left arm
Armored Glove                  Right arm
Anti Personnel Weapon Mount    Right arm
Anti Personnel Weapon Mount    Left arm
Extended Life Support          Body
Power Pack                     Body
Partial Wing                   Body
Mission Equipment (15 kg)      Body

Design Quirk: Multi-Trac

The Adeptus Sororitas's Seraphim Power Armor is, like the rest of the Sororitas' equipment, custom made for each user. In this case the armor is intended for anti-infantry work, with each soldier able to outmaneuver entire formations of infantry. It wields two anti-personnel weapons, and can engage two separate targets with these weapons as well, thanks to it's advanced tracking and targeting system. It's storage space is most often used up by a variety of explosives that the wearers us to eliminate the threat of enemy tanks.

Cryhavok101

• Captain
Adeptus Sororitas Penitent Engine
« Reply #54 on: 02 November 2016, 20:42:41 »
Adeptus Sororitas Penitent Engine

Aduptus Sororitas Penitent Engine

Mass: 30 tons
Tech Base: Inner Sphere
Chassis Config: Biped IndustrialMech
Rules Level: Experimental Tech
Era: All Eras (non-canon)
Tech Rating/Era Availability: D/D-E-D-A
Production Year: 2750
Cost: 1,466,300 C-Bills
Battle Value: 64

Chassis: Unknown Industrial
Power Plant: Unknown 120 Fusion Engine
Walking Speed: 43.2 km/h
Maximum Speed: 64.8 km/h
Jump Jets: None
    Jump Capacity: 0 meters
Armor: Unknown Commercial
Armament:
    2  Chainsaws
    2  Vehicle Flamers
Manufacturer: Unknown
    Primary Factory: Unknown
Communications System: Unknown
Targeting and Tracking System: Unknown

================================================================================
Equipment           Type                         Rating                   Mass 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internal Structure: Industrial                    51 points                6.00
Engine:             Fusion Engine                120                       4.00
    Walking MP: 4
    Running MP: 6
    Jumping MP: 0
Heat Sinks:         Single Heat Sink             10                        0.00
    Heat Sink Locations: 2 CT, 2 LL, 2 RL
Gyro:               Standard                                               2.00
Cockpit:            Industrial                                             3.00
    Actuators:      L: SH+UA+LA    R: SH+UA+LA
Armor:              Commercial (BAR: 5)          AV -   0                  0.00

Internal       Armor     
                                                      Structure      Factor     
                                                Head     3            0         
                                        Center Torso     10           0         
                                 Center Torso (rear)                  0         
                                           L/R Torso     7            0         
                                    L/R Torso (rear)                  0         
                                             L/R Arm     5            0         
                                             L/R Leg     7            0         

================================================================================
Equipment                                 Location    Heat    Critical    Mass 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vehicle Flamer                               RA        3         1         0.50
Chainsaw                                     RA        -         5         5.00
Vehicle Flamer                               LA        3         1         0.50
Chainsaw                                     LA        -         5         5.00
@Vehicle Flamer (Inferno) (40)               RA        -         2         2.00
@Vehicle Flamer (Inferno) (40)               LA        -         2         2.00
                                            Free Critical Slots: 27

BattleForce Statistics
MV      S (+0)  M (+2)  L (+4)  E (+6)   Wt.   Ov   Armor:      0    Points: 1
4          1       0       0       0      1     0   Structure:  3
Special Abilities: MEL, SAW, ENE, SRCH

The Aduptus Sororitas promotes redemtion through death in battle, and the Penitent Engine is the ultimate expression of that. With no armor, open to the environment and hostile fire, and armed only with a pair of chainsaws and a pair of flamers, you are almost guaranteed to do exactly that... as is intended.

Cryhavok101

• Captain
Hammerhead Gunship-Alternate
« Reply #55 on: 03 November 2016, 17:31:36 »
For anyone who doesn't like the VTOL as a platform for the Hammerhead, I decided to make this:

Hammerhead Gunship
 Mixed (Base Clan)
50 tons 
BV: 1,615
Cost: 17,617,500 C-bills

Movement: 4/6 (Wing in Ground Effect)
Engine: 60 XXL

Internal: 25
Armor: 140 (Ferro-Lamellor)
                     Internal    Armor
Front                       5       34
Right                       5       28
Left                        5       28
Rear                        5       22
Turret                      5       28

Gauss Rifle                     TU     1
iATM 12                         FR     8

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #56 on: 04 November 2016, 08:32:52 »
Great Sisters stuff :) I'm curious to see what you'll make the Thunderhawk into. Its a BIG shuttle at 175 tons but its also got a titan scale weapon on its back as well as a heavy close in armament.

Cryhavok101

• Captain
« Reply #57 on: 04 November 2016, 08:58:19 »
I am not sure what I'll do with it. The destructor cannon might end up being a big standard scale weapon bay instead of a single weapon, in order to keep it a small craft. If not I'll make it a sub-500 ton dropship.

Cryhavok101

• Captain
Space Marine Thunderhawk Gunship and Transporter
« Reply #58 on: 04 November 2016, 12:38:17 »
Space Marine Thunderhawk

Gunship:
Class/Model/Name:  Space Marine Thunderhawk Gunship
Tech:              Clan
Vessel Type:       Aerodyne Small Craft

Mass:              200 tons
Safe Thrust:       2
Maximum Thrust:    3
Armor Type:        Clan Ferro-Aluminum
Armament:         
    1 RISC Hyper Laser
    2 Improved Heavy Medium Laser
    8 Machine Guns   
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Class/Model/Name:  Space Marine Thunderhawk Gunship

Equipment:                                                            Mass
Drive & Control:                                                      26.50
Thrust:  Safe Thrust: 2
      Maximum Thrust: 3
Structural Integrity: 10                                              10.00
Total Heat Sinks: 19 (38) Double                                      19.00
Fuel & Fuel Pumps:                                                    10.50
Cargo and Consumables:                                                15.00
Armor Type:  Clan Ferro Aluminum (676 total armor pts)                28.00
                           Standard Scale Armor Pts
   Fore:                                 199
   Right:                                199
   Left:                                 199
   Aft:                                  119

Cargo:                                                                 -
   Bay 1: 30 Battle Armor Bay 1 door                                   30.00
          Cargo (15 tons)                                              15.00
   Bay 2: Internal Bomb Bay (Right Wing) 1 Door                        6.00
   Bay 3: Internal Bomb Bay (Left Wing) 1 Door                         6.00

Crew and Passengers:
      5 Crew Quarters-Steerage                                         25.00

Weapons and Equipment          Loc        SRV    MRV    LRV    ERV  Heat   Mass
1 RISC Hyper Laser             Nose       20     20     20     20   24     8.00
1 Improved Heavy Medium Laser  Nose       10                        7      1.00
1 Improved Heavy Medium Laser  Nose       10                        7      1.00
2 Machine Guns                 Nose       4                         0      0.50
2 Machine Guns                 RW         4                         0      0.50
2 Machine Guns                 LW         4                         0      0.50

Ammo                                                                       Mass
Machine Gun Ammo (2400 rounds)                                             12.00

Transporter:
Class/Model/Name:  Space Marine Thunderhawk Transporter
Tech:              Clan
Vessel Type:       Aerodyne Small Craft

Safe Thrust:       2
Maximum Thrust:    3
Armor Type:        Clan Ferro-Aluminum
Armament:         
    8 Machine Guns   
Class/Model/Name:  Space Marine Thunderhawk Transporter

Equipment:                                                            Mass
Drive & Control:                                                      26.50
Thrust:  Safe Thrust: 2
      Maximum Thrust: 3
Structural Integrity: 10                                              10.00
Total Heat Sinks: 0                                                   0.00
Fuel & Fuel Pumps:                                                    10.50
Cargo and Consumables:                                                1.00
Armor Type:  Clan Ferro Aluminum (676 total armor pts)                28.00
                           Standard Scale Armor Pts
   Fore:                                 199
   Right:                                199
   Left:                                 199
   Aft:                                  119

Cargo:                                                                 -
   Bay 1: Heavy Vehicle Bay 1 door (Variation: 2 light Vehicle Bays)   100.00
          Cargo (1 tons)                                               1.00

Crew and Passengers:
      4 Crew Quarters-Steerage                                         20.00

Weapons and Equipment          Loc        SRV    MRV    LRV    ERV  Heat   Mass
2 Machine Guns                 RW         4                         0      0.50
2 Machine Guns                 LW         4                         0      0.50

Ammo                                                                       Mass
Machine Gun Ammo (500 rounds)                                              2.50

The primary combat transport of the Imperium's elite warriors, the Space Marines. The Gunship serves as both a air-to-ground support platform, and a infantry transport for their Battle Armored soldiers. It also serves as a battletaxi in space combat. It's performance is not even close to many of The inner sphere's equivalent's and can barely operate inside an atmosphere, lacking the maneuverability to be a truly dangerous opponent to most aerospace forces. It's massive weakspot is it's utter lack of coverage in the aft, allowing any opponent that gets there to dominate the ship easily. It's cargo space is often used for either Landspeeders, Bikes, or Dreadnoughts to accompany the deploying force.

The Transporter variants deliver space marine vehicles to the planet rather than infantry. Lightly armed, it's weapons mostly for point defense and anti-infantry work, they are unsuitable for any kind of combat. However this is one of the smallest vessels built by mankind, capably of delivering vehicles to and from a planet's surface. There are two variations of this, one of which is designed to carry the massive 100 ton Landraiders, and the other which can carry any 2 of the standardized chassis's making up the rest of the space marine's vehicular forces.

Cryhavok101

• Captain
Tau Remora Drone Fighter
« Reply #59 on: 04 November 2016, 14:55:03 »
Tau Remora Drone Fighter

Tau Remora Drone Fighter
Mixed
20 tons

Movement: 5/8
Engine: 60
Heat Sinks: 10

Structural Integrity: 5
Armor: 40 (Vehicular Stealth)
                        Armor
-----------------------------
Nose                      10
Left Wing                 10
Right Wing                10
Aft                       10

4 Heavy Machine Guns w/Array   RW     0
4 Heavy Machine Guns w/Array   LW     0
Target Acquisition Gear        Nose   0
4 external hardpoints

Shielded SRCS                  AFT
Vehicular Stealth              AFT
Vehicular Stealth              AFT
Angel ECM Suite                AFT
Fuel 240 pts                   ---

The epitome of the Tau's Gun Drone research and development, the Remora Drone Fighter is an aerospace fighter designed for strikes against infantry and vehicles. Difficult to target even under the best of conditions, thanks to it's exceptionally strong ECM and stealth systems, the Remora can often strike it's target's with impunity. In addition it is able to direct guided munitions with it's TAG systems, allowing the drone fighter to support other Remoras, Skyrays, or any other unit carrying laser guided weapons.

Primarily intended for ground attack, it is poorly suited to dogfights against other fighters, between it's short range, poor maneuverability, and low armor. However it does have a somewhat unique niche it can fill in space combat. With it's exceptionally strong ECM systems, and it's machine gun array, it can fill a defensive role as mobile point defense and ECM/Ghost Target protection for other aerospace forces. On the attack it can work in a similar role as a spotter, switching it's ECM over to ECCM mode it can negate considerable amounts of ECM fields protecting aerospace targets.

*For those that don't know, Shielded SRCS provides the effects of a free Guardian ECM, so alongside the Angel ECM system it carries, depending on whether or not my stealth armor is turned on, and what modes the ECMs are turned to at any given moment, the Electronic Warfare capabilities of this drone are better than most any other fighter.

*For anyone that doesn't know, Machine Gun Arrays do allow machine guns to engage in point defense against capital missiles as if they were a weapon bay on a larger ship, as per this thread in the rules forums: http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=54557.msg1268749#msg1268749