Author Topic: MWO - Assassin  (Read 11684 times)

Orin J.

• Captain
  • I am to feared! Aw, come on guys...
Re: MWO - Assassin
« Reply #30 on: 10 March 2017, 20:16:45 »
i mean, weird leg design choice aside, it's a good representation of the Assassin overall. not enough to get me to bite and make a grab for my wallet, but that's more the game is stagnant to the point i play it once a month tops.........
The Grey Death Legion? Dead? Gotcha, wake me when it's back.....
--------------------------
Every once in a while things make sense.

Don't let these moments alarm you. They pass.

Burning Chrome

• Lieutenant
  • One of the Vocal Minority
« Reply #31 on: 10 March 2017, 22:53:18 »
My concern with this pack is that the Skill Tree "improvement" is to be released at the same time.

With that, there is no point in having any mechpaks as the rule of three is gone (a good thing).  But it could be worse due to the time/cost it will take to grind them out.  Not to mention that every new mech you have will be a target on any battlefield since you have to earn "radar dep" on each one, rather than being able to equip a "radar dep" module before you step foot on a battlefield.

So why the hell did I buy the Assassin standard, plus the expansion?  I don't have the kind of time required to grind/suffer through 5 new mechs nor do I feel its worth the money spent now on potentially "wasted" variants.  With the current system I could at least buff my mechs a bit from the get-go, making the grind to Mastered a bit more enjoyable. 

Add to that I will have to spend time to respec all the mechs I previously Mastered.  I only have 46 mechs, and some of those I will be selling anyways, but the amount of time that is going to take respec-ing vs playing the game is wasted.  Management Warrior Online before I can play Mech Warrior Online...yay.  It is not the GXP, XP or CBills, I'm good there (or so I think), it is the time that will have been for nothing and the time I will have to spend getting back to where I was, let alone going forward...

I hope PGI reconsiders the release date on this and pushes it off a bit to work on the concerns more.

On a related note...  While I don't believe this is what is going on at PGI, google "Shocking Interview with a Piranha Employee" at CaptionGenerator and ensure you have the captions on before hitting play.  It is how a lot of folks feel, and pretty damn funny/clever overall.

I was laughing so hard I was crying.

I don't want to cancel my Assassin and Roughneck, but I'm not sure the game is worth my time/money at this point. 

If the new Skill Tree is coming in March, I think it only fair that PGI remove the "mechpack" model and allowed a la carte for the Assassin, Roughneck and Javelin.  I would not get 5 Assassins and 5 Roughnecks, but I would definitely get at least one, maybe 2 or 3 of each.

All that being said, I'm still looking forward to more images, and the updates leading to the release date.
« Last Edit: 10 March 2017, 23:03:51 by Burning Chrome »
"Matchup of the century: desire to play vs. resentment"

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #32 on: 12 March 2017, 22:38:20 »
Ugh...  I want to like it but the legs, man.  So freaking ugly.
The conflict is pure - The truth devised - The future secured - The enemy designed
Maj. Isaac "Litany" Van Houten, Lone Wolves, The Former 66th "Litany Against Fear" Company

Caedis Animus

• Captain
  • How can a bird be sultry? Very carefully.
« Reply #33 on: 13 March 2017, 06:05:52 »
I think the legs are the best part.

Burning Chrome

• Lieutenant
« Reply #34 on: 14 March 2017, 17:25:26 »
Looks the Assassin page got messed up?

Glad the Skill Tree is delayed indefinitely. 

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
« Reply #35 on: 16 March 2017, 10:43:44 »

Noooooooooooo!! So, we get more mech pack sales (again, again, again, again,...). However, the actual new game content we were promised (if you can even call it that) is delayed indefinitely? What the poop!... [madflame]

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #36 on: 16 March 2017, 16:09:26 »
Noooooooooooo!! So, we get more mech pack sales (again, again, again, again,...). However, the actual new game content we were promised (if you can even call it that) is delayed indefinitely? What the poop!... [madflame]

Skill Tree needs a massive rework, that would have taken literal years in XP and C-Bill grinding just to get my 'Mechs back to what we have now in terms of mastery was a massive slap in the face and that PGI was going to drop it March 21st without more reworks are horrible. My only fear is it will go the way of infotech and power draw and never return, just need more PTS and tweaks!

As for what we will see on the 21st...

Badges:
Standard - The Hitman

Collector - The Professional

Faction Pattern Desktops

Davion

Kurita

Liao

Adgar76

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #37 on: 16 March 2017, 17:36:20 »
Looks the Assassin page got messed up?

I am kinda sad that the Skill Tree was postponed, but i'm confident sure that it will be released before (or, at the latest, when) the new tech is released. It's a much needed improvement, and I really hope that PGI doesn't cave in to some tantrums. Hopefully they will take this time to improve upon it.

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #38 on: 16 March 2017, 19:12:55 »
Ugh....

Stupid jerks....

I'm still buying an Assassin.   :D O:-)
The conflict is pure - The truth devised - The future secured - The enemy designed
Maj. Isaac "Litany" Van Houten, Lone Wolves, The Former 66th "Litany Against Fear" Company

Jayof9s

• Captain
« Reply #39 on: 17 March 2017, 08:31:44 »
It's a much needed improvement, and I really hope that PGI doesn't cave in to some tantrums. Hopefully they will take this time to improve upon it.

I mean, I haven't played in a few years so I don't have a stake in this, but a change that effectively resets everyone's progress to 0 (negating days of grinding for XP) seems like a sure fire way to make a lot of your active player base leave.

There are ways to redo skill trees / masteries without requiring everyone to start over.

Orin J.

• Captain
  • I am to feared! Aw, come on guys...
« Reply #40 on: 17 March 2017, 10:39:31 »
I mean, I haven't played in a few years so I don't have a stake in this, but a change that effectively resets everyone's progress to 0 (negating days of grinding for XP) seems like a sure fire way to make a lot of your active player base leave.

There are ways to redo skill trees / masteries without requiring everyone to start over.

i think the problem was more there was way too much grinding for the new model, with too little reward (which they were going to let you buy your way through, so nice of them!)
The Grey Death Legion? Dead? Gotcha, wake me when it's back.....
--------------------------
Every once in a while things make sense.

Don't let these moments alarm you. They pass.

Caedis Animus

• Captain
« Reply #41 on: 18 March 2017, 01:14:21 »
i think the problem was more there was way too much grinding for the new model, with too little reward (which they were going to let you buy your way through, so nice of them!)
That was the problem. That and a cumbersome interface.

Jayof9s

• Captain
« Reply #42 on: 18 March 2017, 10:13:24 »
That and a cumbersome interface.

From what I recall, the MWO devs don't know of any other kind of interface.

Burning Chrome

• Lieutenant
« Reply #43 on: 19 March 2017, 09:30:07 »
My biggest gripes were the time it would take to re-spec and the fact I would have to unlock items I had no interest in to get to those I wanted.

Besides having to play the "Hunt for your module" mini-game, it is rather painless to swap/test new builds/configs...not so much with the new system.  I do hope PGI works it out though and I applaud the decision to delay implementation.

Cockpit preview and catwalk video.  I like what I see...but there is controversy among players as to the cockpit location.  Others complain that it is "stiff" in motion, but I think it acts more like a mech would. Doesn't bob around to the point it kills the pilot like some others.

Ah well, everyone's mileage varies I suppose.

Preview Videos
« Last Edit: 19 March 2017, 09:36:24 by Burning Chrome »

Burning Chrome

• Lieutenant
« Reply #44 on: 22 March 2017, 19:41:19 »
The Assassin is a fun ride so far.

Caedis Animus

• Captain
« Reply #45 on: 22 March 2017, 23:42:34 »
Best two experiences I've had against them were in my BNC-3M. First one got stupid and tried tanking 3 LPL and 5 ML to the left torso while standing still with an XL engine (Seriously?), and the second one got smart and came close to killing me by repeated SRM blows to the rear CT, and was only stopped by decent maneuvering and the help of about three teammates to get the little jerk off my back.

Long story shot; Easy to kill at medium range, but the SRM backstabber ones are nasty against slower assaults (So, all assaults).

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
« Reply #46 on: 23 March 2017, 03:08:56 »
I like them, definitely feel agile and seem to have right balance of tankiness and mobility.