Author Topic: MW4 Vulture Costume  (Read 3438 times)

Ion Raptor

• Sergeant
  • Lyran Love
MW4 Vulture Costume
« on: 12 November 2016, 13:27:50 »
After the untimely demise of my last couple prospective costumes and finally getting to see myself walk in the Warhawk (which honestly impressed me with how it looked). I've decided to go back to my roots and do another Mech costume using what I learned from the last one. Namely don't make a 7 foot tall, 5 foot wide monster.

So this time around I'm doing my favorite 'Mech and the one that got me into Battletech in the first place, the Mechwarrior 4 Vulture. It will be much smaller and lighter, as well as having better articulation in the joints which will hopefully allow me to move much easier. It will be a combination of the original design, the MW4 game design, and the opening game intro design. I don't know if this one will take 2 years to complete but the timer starts now.

First up is some better ankle joints

And then a mockup of the pelvis

That's all for now, but we all know it will grow with time.

Demon55

• Captain
  • Planning wisely.
Re: MW4 Vulture Costume
« Reply #1 on: 16 November 2016, 01:49:42 »
Best of luck Ion Raptor!   You did great work on that Warhawk!

Mech42ace

• Lieutenant
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2 on: 16 November 2016, 22:04:40 »
Looking forward to seeing how it turns out!
At Comstar we listen. It's that simple.

Ion Raptor

• Sergeant
  • Lyran Love
« Reply #3 on: 20 November 2016, 15:39:30 »
Small update as I await my next shipment of Endo-Steel. The second section of the lower leg will probably extend down into this to connect to the joints. The guards probably won't be load bearing because there's too many faces. It wouldn't be as structurally sound.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #4 on: 22 November 2016, 08:31:46 »
Its looking good!   O0 O0 I think you should get old Gi-Joe action figure or a rare Battletech cartoon and stick it in the Vulture's Cockpit.  ;D

"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Demon55

• Captain
  • Planning wisely.
« Reply #5 on: 22 November 2016, 20:08:44 »
Its looking good!   O0 O0 I think you should get old Gi-Joe action figure or a rare Battletech cartoon and stick it in the Vulture's Cockpit.  ;D

That would be hilarious!  A Summoner-M driving a Mad Dog.  I take it that someone had their ego shrunk.

Ion Raptor

• Sergeant
  • Lyran Love
« Reply #6 on: 28 November 2016, 13:35:51 »

Actually this time around there won't be a cockpit interior. It's too far up for most to look into and the top of my head will be partially inside of it. Progress is slow going right now because of a lack of good cardboard. I've just been brain storming for the most part.

Andy_in_Indy

• Private
    • Club Cyberia Makerspace
« Reply #7 on: 22 June 2017, 07:49:30 »
Do you think you will have it done for GenCon 2017?

I would love to see it there!
"Where there is life, there's threat!"