Author Topic: (Answered) Disposable weapons, damage and rules  (Read 1485 times)

Coconut

• Recruit
(Answered) Disposable weapons, damage and rules
« on: 20 February 2017, 11:50:48 »
Hello; I'm a little confused on this topic.

I'm using Techmanual, TacOps, and some errata documents from http://bg.battletech.com/errata/, those being "TechManual Errata version 3.0 – Infantry Weapon Tables (April 2013)" and "Tactical Operations Errata version 3.5".

Question One:
Page 304 of TacOps, errata'd, notes:
"If the attack succeeds, resolve the damage per a standard infantry ranged attack based on the number of active troopers in the platoon and the damage value of the disposable weapons (see pp. 214-215, TW). The total damage inflicted equals three times the disposable weapon’s normal damage value, multiplied by the number of troopers who hit using the Cluster Hits Table (rounding normally). Only weapons with an Ammo (Shots) listing of “(1-D)” may be used in this fashion."
The bolded part is the one I'm asking about in this first section.

Scenario: a 28-man militia platoon (four squads with seven men each) is equipped with 24 Gunther MP-20 SMGs (as their primary weapons), 4 Light Machine Guns (as their secondary weapons) and VLAWs (as their disposable weapons). Finding their small arms useless in the face of a Clan Elemental point, they use their disposable weapons to even the odds.

Question One(A): Is every man in the platoon carrying a VLAW? Phrased another way, are the LMG gunners carrying VLAWs as well as their support weapons, or do only the men with Primary weapons have them?

Question One(B): When the VLAW volley hits the Elementals, is the cluster table roll done under the '24' column, or the '28' column?

Question Two:
When I examine the errata'd infantry weapons table, it tells me that the VLAW does 0.48 points of damage. Multiplied by 3 per the Disposable Weapon rule, this means each VLAW rocket deals 1.44 points of damage to its target.

Am I correct in my reading that the example 28-man infantry platoon, once per scenario, can do up to 40 points of damage to a single hapless victim?
« Last Edit: 07 April 2017, 14:09:56 by Xotl »

Coconut

• Recruit
Re: Disposable weapons, damage and rules.
« Reply #1 on: 03 April 2017, 06:32:23 »
Bump.

I'm pretty sure the answers are A: yes and B: '28', but...

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: (Research) Disposable weapons, damage and rules
« Reply #2 on: 07 April 2017, 14:09:46 »
1A: All 28 have a VLAW

1B: On the 28 column.

2: Yes.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0

Register