Author Topic: Mass Effect Andromeda  (Read 11194 times)

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
Mass Effect Andromeda
« on: 23 February 2017, 20:01:39 »
I'm sure that I'm not the only person on the forums looking forward to the release of this game, which is now a mere month away.  Today, a video was released about the way the skill system is being handled in the game.  Seen here.

I'll admit, the "three active skills at a time, but you can actively swap between any of them on the fly" idea has me honestly a bit worried.  I like the previous ME games' approach of having a limited number of skills, including some that were class specific, since I felt like that gave greater incentive to replay the game and use some of the powers that you didn't on the last playthrough.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
Re: Mass Effect Andromeda
« Reply #1 on: 24 February 2017, 03:40:11 »
Oh, I'm waiting with baited breath too, but I'm not so worried about the 'on the fly' as apparently the 'time-stop with the power wheel open' is not present in this version, so maybe not so big a worry?

Hard to say tho, time will tell.
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
« Reply #2 on: 19 March 2017, 13:54:09 »
Stayed up till 7 am playing it...that's about 7 hours of play time so far, and I think I'm finally past all the intro stuff.  :o :D
First impressions...combatwise, it certainly feels like MS2/MS3 (personally I always liked the overheat of the first game vs using ammo, but whatever). It's taking a bit to get used to the new characters.

I will say I most definitely like the Normandy better than the Tempest: IMHO the Normandy was one of the very few sci-fi ships of recent memory that actually felt like it matched it's volume, what I mean, is that it didn't feel like it was bigger on the inside than outside (not supposed to be a TARDIS after all), but the Tempest certainly feels 2 or even 3 times as big on the inside as it does when standing outside of it. Plus, the Normandy actually felt like a combat vessel as well; walking around in the Tempest, it feels like they stole someone's pleasure yacht.

Now I'm just wondering if I should buy it now as a preorder, or wait till next week's paycheck after it releases.
(And in case you're wondering, I'm a subscriber to EA Access, $5 a month for free access to over 50 games and exclusive 10-hour trials of upcoming games, I'd say it's worth it. About the only way they can compete with Steam to be honest.)

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

(HBS: Backer #4,960)
(Clan Invasion: Backer #314)
(Mercenaries: Backer #6,017)

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Some things never change
« Reply #3 on: 19 March 2017, 14:03:16 »
I have no reason to pick this one up. For one there are much better RPGs out now like NieR Automata that IMO deserve more attention than ME Andromeda. Then there is for whole thing that ME had it's hight of quality with ME2 and it has been down hill after that.   
Star Captain John Malthus, Kappa Galaxy, Clan Jade Falcon 
Star Captain Johannes Bekker, Delta Galaxy, Clan Ghost Bear 
Captain John Bailey, 1st Avalon Hussars, Federated Suns  
Tai-i Jiro Takahashi, 2nd Legion of Vega, Draconis Combine

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #4 on: 19 March 2017, 14:31:06 »
One game does not indicate a trend.  ME3 was a perfectly good game which had a problematic ending.  People said the same thing prior to Dragon Age Inquisition's release due to Dragon Age 2, and DAI was a decidedly superior game.  Andromeda has had a 5 year development period (compared to the 2 year period the last two Mass Effect games have had) and by every indication shows off that extra work.

And I played the demo of Mier Automata and saw no indication that it was going to be any more spectacular a game than Andromeda promises to be.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #5 on: 19 March 2017, 15:08:02 »
And I played the demo of Mier Automata and saw no indication that it was going to be any more spectacular a game than Andromeda promises to be.

Oh NieR Automata is really good game. It's fighting, story, music, characters and world are top notch and it also has some aspects that make it even more special. Then again it was made by Platinum Games so of course fighting in it is great. So really I can't praise NieR Automata enough.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #6 on: 19 March 2017, 16:06:21 »
Don't get me wrong, it looks like a good game, I'm just not seeing it as intrinsically better than Andromeda. For one thing, it looks like it's got a much stronger set of rails.

YingJanshi

• Major
« Reply #7 on: 19 March 2017, 16:52:54 »
From my hands on time, I'll say it's definitely worth a pick up. At the very least for the chance to get back into the awesome Mass Effect universe (even if it is a different galaxy... ::) )
I'll agree with Orge on this one. ME3 was a far better game then people usually give it credit for. But then again...I'm perfectly content with the way it originally ended before people got into a fit over it (it makes sense to me anyway).

Oh NieR Automata is really good game. It's fighting, story, music, characters and world are top notch and it also has some aspects that make it even more special. Then again it was made by Platinum Games so of course fighting in it is great. So really I can't praise NieR Automata enough.

It's a JRPG...sorry, they just don't interest me at all...  #P

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #8 on: 19 March 2017, 16:59:33 »
Sure NieR Automata has some linear section but also some exploration and side quests. Not as much as lot of western games these days but it does have those as well.

I find it sad that these days linearity is considered bad thing by many western gamers while open world games get all praise. I will never get why so many people love open world games so much when open world can ruin games like happened with FF15. That game suffered from open world aspect.   

Personally I don't find open world games to be for me and I prefer more linear games so from RPGs I favor JRPGs like NieR Automata, Tales and Persona for more solid story experience.

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #9 on: 19 March 2017, 17:06:55 »
From my hands on time, I'll say it's definitely worth a pick up. At the very least for the chance to get back into the awesome Mass Effect universe (even if it is a different galaxy... ::) )
I'll agree with Orge on this one. ME3 was a far better game then people usually give it credit for. But then again...I'm perfectly content with the way it originally ended before people got into a fit over it (it makes sense to me anyway).

It's a JRPG...sorry, they just don't interest me at all...  #P

My feelings on both points. Love me MASS EFFECT. Never been a fan of JRPG.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #10 on: 19 March 2017, 17:39:24 »
Sure NieR Automata has some linear section but also some exploration and side quests. Not as much as lot of western games these days but it does have those as well.

I find it sad that these days linearity is considered bad thing by many western gamers while open world games get all praise. I will never get why so many people love open world games so much when open world can ruin games like happened with FF15. That game suffered from open world aspect.   

Personally I don't find open world games to be for me and I prefer more linear games so from RPGs I favor JRPGs like NieR Automata, Tales and Persona for more solid story experience.

Because I like being able to wander around exploring strange new settings and uncovering mysteries.  An RPG where I don't get to make any meaningful choices is no such thing- it's just an action game with a level-up system.  And to be honest, my experience with JRPGs is that they tend to have fairly boring combat as well, to the point where I feel like they might as well have just made it an anime with all the input decisions the player is actually allowed to make.  A game like NieR I'd at most play through one time.  With Andromeda, I'm expecting to play through it a minimum of four times.

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #11 on: 19 March 2017, 18:01:16 »
Because I like being able to wander around exploring strange new settings and uncovering mysteries.  An RPG where I don't get to make any meaningful choices is no such thing- it's just an action game with a level-up system.  And to be honest, my experience with JRPGs is that they tend to have fairly boring combat as well, to the point where I feel like they might as well have just made it an anime with all the input decisions the player is actually allowed to make.  A game like NieR I'd at most play through one time.  With Andromeda, I'm expecting to play through it a minimum of four times.

Fair enough. I feel similar way about something like Skyrim or Fallout 4. To me those are uninteresting open world FPS game with level-up system. Then again I do remember time when Fallout games (back during first two) allowed playing way you want instead of forcing you solve everything with violence with player being able to make character he or she likes that fits his or her play style.

How ever playing NieR Automata several times is not problem since it has 5 different endings from were first 3 are for different characters and more you play it throught more you understand about story, characters and world. Granted that I prefer my JRPGs to have old school turn based combat system over active combat unless it's from Tales series that has some best done active combat system while games are more traditional feeling with how everything else is done if that makes any sense.

So really I am liking NieR Automata even if I am rather bandwagoner since I didn't knew about first game. Next game that I am hyped about is another JRPG called Persona 5 that us western fans of that game series have been waiting for long time. Then again JRPGs are pretty much reason why I got Sony console over shooter heavy Microsoft one.

YingJanshi

• Major
« Reply #12 on: 20 March 2017, 23:42:30 »
And as of 40 minutes ago it's in the wild...

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #13 on: 20 March 2017, 23:53:52 »
I was very tempted to purchase a digital copy, but my Amazon Prime membership means that I get 20% off preorders of physical copies of games.  So I'm stuck waiting until it gets delivered tomorrow morning.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #14 on: 21 March 2017, 00:02:22 »
Probably never gonna play the game. But the facial animations are frigging hillarious.
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Wombat

• Captain
« Reply #15 on: 21 March 2017, 10:47:29 »
I played sooooo much Mass Effect before moving to China. I had my character design, I had my team assembled, and I purchased all the DLC's. Then when I got here, I couldn't take my Xbox. So I went cold turkey. I'd love to play again...  :'(
"Remember gweilo, you suck when you are nervous." - James Hong

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #16 on: 21 March 2017, 15:37:04 »
Well, a few hours in, and gotta say, I'm impressed. Not seeing the facial animation screw-ups yet...maybe later?

But what DID impress me was I made an Asian Ryder (female), and Ryder's father....ASIAN!

So, Generic Ryder Twins are caucasian, and as a result, so is the Father. I am assuming because the customs are built off I think 8 or 9 predefined, each of them has a similar Predefined Father.

So, not complaints so far, and definitely a lot of fun.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #17 on: 21 March 2017, 16:46:41 »
Yeah, I screwed around with the facial features for a while (same thing as when I played the ME games) and I was impressed by how well they matched Scott and Alan to my custom Sara.

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #18 on: 21 March 2017, 17:14:44 »
I'll be skipping this one. The community is just too overwhelmingly toxic.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

IAMCLANWOLF

• Freelance Artist
  • Major
« Reply #19 on: 21 March 2017, 17:39:15 »
auto-aim - check
auto-cover - check
unimpressive story - check
canned characters - check
sandbox, but with invisible walls never too distant - check

Really wanted to get excited, but... there's nothing here.

YingJanshi

• Major
« Reply #20 on: 21 March 2017, 19:26:37 »
About 15 hours in and I think the only thing that will really big me about it is that it seems like there will be a lot of back tracking. That will bug me if have to do it a lot, but other than that, nothing negative really stands out to me. I think it compares pretty equally to the first three games.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #21 on: 21 March 2017, 19:28:46 »

Overwhelmingly toxic describes video game communities in general and has for years.

Peter Smith

• LBI Shareholder
  • Captain
« Reply #22 on: 21 March 2017, 22:31:13 »

I didn't know the community played alongside of you.
Power corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Now I've got the image of a Haywire pod that's broadcasting "stop hitting yourself" over and over." MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

solmanian

• Captain
« Reply #23 on: 22 March 2017, 02:28:23 »
Won't be a problem since Bioware killed the community when it shot down the forums... Wise decision I guess, since if they had forums right now, they would've been on fire.

After playing the trial, I'm looking forward to playing the full game, though I have a lot of complaints. Wasted hours of the trial organizing the terrible inventory system. As for facial animation, when Ryder gets asked about the death of a prominent crew member (dad), and just start smiling, my head literally, I mean literally, almost exploded. In a lot of areas, this game is a step backwards, bringing back some of the worst things that were dropped in ME2, and forgetting to keep the good things. Complete lack of control of squad mates and their powers and loadouts is a huge peev, removal of the pause wheel for tactical gameplay (now it's only for swapping your weapons and using consumables), a staple of the series, is practically heretical. And some of the storytelling is just bad, like Cora the human Asari commando whom the military transferred away because she was too powerful. Exploration is more of a hassle than exciting. It's like they instead of building on ME3 gameplay, they decided to build on ME3MP gameplay. It's my understanding that they basically fired anyone who was involved in the original trilogy... That said still gonna play and do my best to enjoy it, because some Mass Effect is better than none. And frankly Nier is just way overhyped.

p.s. it's also criminal how the two best VOs - Natalie Dormer an Clancy Brown, are so underutilized.
« Last Edit: 22 March 2017, 02:37:23 by solmanian »
Making the dark age a little brighter, one explosion at a time.
Have you met the clans? Words like "Naïve" and "misguided" are not enough to describe the notion that a conquest of the IS by the clans would result in a Utopian pacifistic society.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #24 on: 22 March 2017, 13:13:06 »
I was initially annoyed that, given that they brought back hazardous environments from the first game, the Nomad and Ryder's armor don't provide full protection against them the way that the Mako and some of Shepard's armor choices could.

Then I realized something: Shepard was N7 and a Specter.  Ryder is neither.  So Shepard actually had access to superior equipment in that regard.

I also have to give props to Bioware for managing to avert Boring First Male Party Member Syndrome with Wasabi Liam.

solmanian

• Captain
« Reply #25 on: 22 March 2017, 13:43:37 »
Considering you have so little control over them, squadies felt redundant.
Have you met the clans? Words like "Naïve" and "misguided" are not enough to describe the notion that a conquest of the IS by the clans would result in a Utopian pacifistic society.

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #26 on: 22 March 2017, 14:44:10 »
Overwhelmingly toxic describes video game communities in general and has for years.

From what I've been exposed to today alone, now I am going to buy this game, just to spite those jerks. ;D
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Øystein

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Captain
« Reply #27 on: 22 March 2017, 15:10:22 »
I've played the trial for a couple of hours (and gotten as far as it allows me to go) and I'm twiddling my thumbs waiting for tomorrow.

YingJanshi

• Major
« Reply #28 on: 22 March 2017, 15:36:40 »
I've played the trial for a couple of hours (and gotten as far as it allows me to go) and I'm twiddling my thumbs waiting for tomorrow.

What are you playing it on? 'Cause it's already been released on PC...

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #29 on: 23 March 2017, 00:58:21 »

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #30 on: 23 March 2017, 01:12:29 »
Sara Ryder is one smooth operator

Lolz!

By the way...The Asari Doctor I think has thing for the Krogan.

And it appears, when you talk to folks on away missions, certain convo lines are cut off by having certain folks with you.

After making the first Colony on Eos, was walking about talking with folks and one lady told me to ask later when Vetras (sp? The Turian lady) was not with me and she'd give me more info.

That said, I have no issues with the retracking/backtracking in missions, as it makes it way, waaaaaaaaay more real to me.

Peter Smith

• LBI Shareholder
  • Captain
« Reply #31 on: 23 March 2017, 11:52:32 »
What are you playing it on? 'Cause it's already been released on PC...

EU release is 3/23.
Power corrupts. Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Now I've got the image of a Haywire pod that's broadcasting "stop hitting yourself" over and over." MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

Reldn

• Lieutenant
« Reply #32 on: 24 March 2017, 23:50:12 »
Has anyone else on the PC version had issues with hearing the voices? The rest of the audio is perfectly fine, but, for some reason the dialogue is really hard to hear. Even with the option being set all the way up.

3rd Lyran Guards
2nd Oriente Hussars
Scorpion Empire Tau & Seeker Galaxy

Øystein

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Captain
« Reply #33 on: 25 March 2017, 12:07:46 »
Has anyone else on the PC version had issues with hearing the voices? The rest of the audio is perfectly fine, but, for some reason the dialogue is really hard to hear. Even with the option being set all the way up.
I do, it is like the sound measures the distance too far away when people are a little away from you.

YingJanshi

• Major
« Reply #34 on: 25 March 2017, 12:19:22 »
Hm...No I haven't, that's a bit odd. :/

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #35 on: 25 March 2017, 14:04:40 »
So, who else has tried multiplayer?

I've noticed that it seems to be much harder to unlock new characters and weapons than it was in ME3: even with all the bonus booster packs I got for have an ME3 and DAI account and getting the Deluxe edition of the game I've only managed to unlock two characters and a couple of guns.  I do like that the Strike Team missions provide rewards for both multiplayer and single player.  I have a feeling that that's going to come in handy for my next playthrough.

YingJanshi

• Major
« Reply #36 on: 25 March 2017, 16:44:56 »
So, who else has tried multiplayer?

I've noticed that it seems to be much harder to unlock new characters and weapons than it was in ME3: even with all the bonus booster packs I got for have an ME3 and DAI account and getting the Deluxe edition of the game I've only managed to unlock two characters and a couple of guns.  I do like that the Strike Team missions provide rewards for both multiplayer and single player.  I have a feeling that that's going to come in handy for my next playthrough.

I may at some point...but anymore I'm just not interested in multiplayer. Not unless I'm playing with people I know.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #37 on: 26 March 2017, 16:34:07 »
So, I think it's time to address the elephant in the room.

How do people like the Nomad?

For me:

Good: It's upgradable and it can take hits without instantly bursting into flames or taking half an hour for its shields to recharge.
Bad: Lack of onboard weaponry, handling is suspiciously similar to the Mako's, running over enemies doesn't deal as much damage or ragdoll enemies the way the Mako did.

YingJanshi

• Major
« Reply #38 on: 26 March 2017, 16:53:16 »
I guess it comes down to the Initiative being at heart a civilian organization instead of a purely military one.

The Nomad does seem more mobile, but yes, I do wish it had a weapon of some sort...

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #39 on: 26 March 2017, 18:13:31 »
Yup, wish it had a weapon.

And there were vehicles sent with the AI that had weapons. Look at the Ground vehicles near Site 2: Resilience on Eos. Those look like the Grizzlies or the M-080's from the original series.

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #40 on: 26 March 2017, 18:59:03 »
Found out something. There is an App on the Google Playstore (so maybe for iOS devices too) to allow you to send you APEX Strike Teams out while away from the game.

Nice for then my kid is playing ME and I want to check on my APEX teams, or when I am out of the house for while.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #41 on: 26 March 2017, 19:24:48 »
Sweet, that would really improve the reward rate.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #42 on: 27 March 2017, 14:40:15 »
Broke down and bought it.   Letting it download and will check it out after work.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #43 on: 27 March 2017, 17:05:21 »
So I fought an Architect.  I can honestly say that it's the toughest thing I've ever fought in any ME title to date.  That thing is hard to kill, it's got a nasty AoE attack that ignores cover, and it's only vulnerable to attacks on an infrequent basis.  Hard fight and not in a fun way.

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #44 on: 27 March 2017, 19:42:57 »
Yeah that thing was tough. Had to look online for clues how to deal with it and then even knowing still took multiple runs to deal with. Finally get through on leg and the same thing flew away from my heal crates.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #45 on: 27 March 2017, 20:31:36 »
Based on my equipment and damage bonuses, the Baby Reaper and Thresher Maw in ME2 actually have this thing beat in terms of durability, but Ryder doesn't hit nearly as hard as Shepard and isn't packing any heavy ordnance.

Still, I'm getting to the point where the game's actually dropping some decent weaponry for me now.  That's certainly making a difference.  I think I need to start buffing up my powers, though- Flak Cannon really isn't hitting hard enough anymore.

BTW, am I the only one who thinks that Addison needs to have a mysterious accident involving a blowtorch, a keg of ryncol, and an airlock?  Seriously, Ambassador Udina was less annoying than her.

solmanian

• Captain
« Reply #46 on: 28 March 2017, 07:33:25 »
She changes tunes after Eos. Guess you pathfound enough. The way officials on the nexus deferring crucial decisions to you, is frankly puzzling. It's one thing delegating problem chores, another making you de facto president of the universe... You're out there shooting stuff, hardly being big picture guy.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #47 on: 28 March 2017, 10:56:48 »
She changes tunes after Eos.

Not by much, and she still leaves her assistant, who's obviously incompetent and a danger to everyone on the station, in his position far longer than he should be.

The way officials on the nexus deferring crucial decisions to you, is frankly puzzling. It's one thing delegating problem chores, another making you de facto president of the universe... You're out there shooting stuff, hardly being big picture guy.

That's because none of them were originally leadership either.  They're just the highest ranked people left.

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #48 on: 28 March 2017, 19:06:03 »
Exactly. Think current TV Show Designated Survivor or the Reboot of Battlestar Glactica

Neither President Rosalin nor Keifer Sutherland were the 'elected' official, just the current surviving official who was 'next in line'. They may not be the best choice, or the choice folks wanted, they are who they got.

Also, interviews with some of the bioware folks and actor Kumail Nanjiani stated that Tann is supposed to be protrayed a bit as a 'fish-out-of-water' and a person with low self esteem/confidence in the role they have been uncerimoniously thrust.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #49 on: 30 March 2017, 13:02:49 »
Here's something I've noticed about gameplay: there are a lot of weapons from ME2 and 3 that didn't make it into this game for no apparent reason.  The Vindicator Assault Rifle, the Shriuken Machine Pistol, the Mantis Sniper Rifle, and the Scimitar, Eviscerator, and Claymore shotguns.  Okay, so it's also missing some others, like the Geth weapons and some of the DLC weapons from ME3, but those make sense.  Not having Eviscerators or Claymores is more inexplicable.

And speaking of weaponry, I'm currently packing a Black Widow and a Revenant.  I'm really shredding things right now, even Fiends go down pretty quickly.

YingJanshi

• Major
« Reply #50 on: 30 March 2017, 14:12:41 »
Here's something I've noticed about gameplay: there are a lot of weapons from ME2 and 3 that didn't make it into this game for no apparent reason.  The Vindicator Assault Rifle, the Shriuken Machine Pistol, the Mantis Sniper Rifle, and the Scimitar, Eviscerator, and Claymore shotguns.  Okay, so it's also missing some others, like the Geth weapons and some of the DLC weapons from ME3, but those make sense.  Not having Eviscerators or Claymores is more inexplicable.

And speaking of weaponry, I'm currently packing a Black Widow and a Revenant.  I'm really shredding things right now, even Fiends go down pretty quickly.

The Initiative is a civilian project, so they don't have access to the more fancy and fun weapons?
I don't know, that's the only thing I can thing of...

Øystein

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Captain
« Reply #51 on: 30 March 2017, 14:13:46 »
Eh, so?

It instead have tons of new weapons. You can only have a finite amount of weapons.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #52 on: 30 March 2017, 14:26:25 »
My beloved Scorpion is back.  All's right in the universe.

Good times giggling when I'd tag someone and they would blow up next to buddies.
« Last Edit: 30 March 2017, 14:39:23 by Luciora »

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #53 on: 30 March 2017, 14:27:24 »
The Initiative is a civilian project, so they don't have access to the more fancy and fun weapons?
I don't know, that's the only thing I can thing of...

None of those weapons are particularly fancy, while they somehow got access to guns like the N7 Piranha, which was at best a proof-of-concept stage prototype when the Initiative left the Milky Way and the Black Widow, which Shepard with their Specter level clearance had trouble getting.

Eh, so?

It instead have tons of new weapons. You can only have a finite amount of weapons.

Sure, it's just that some of the choices that they left out are odd.  The Claymore has long been a favorite gun in the game.

solmanian

• Captain
« Reply #54 on: 01 April 2017, 04:51:42 »
Well, the original Widow was present in the morning war, which was three centuries before. The Black Widow likely been in development a long time, with invention of thermal clips the final piece of the puzzle to make it a reality; in ME1 it was real easy to mod a sniper rifle that'll do monstrous damage but will overheat after one shot, but one that will do great damage without overheating after a single shot was another thing entirely.

As for the claymore, at this point it was still at the point that it would maim most humanoids trying to shoot it. No point investing in an expensive gun that only Morgan can use.

Eviscereator was highly illegal, and while that breaking copyright laws like in the  revenant case wasn't a problem, getting their hands on literally illegal guns would've been problematic, just like you don't see Batarian guns...

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #55 on: 01 April 2017, 11:01:08 »
The Evicerator was only illegal for military use.  The Andromeda Initiative was a civilian organization, so no issues there.  And the Claymore was a favorite gun of krogans, who feature heavily in this game.

BTW, there's a bar in the Kandara slums where it's confirmed: Ryder has the same mad dance skills as Commander Shepard.

solmanian

• Captain
« Reply #56 on: 01 April 2017, 22:47:24 »
The Evicerator was only illegal for military use.  The Andromeda Initiative was a civilian organization, so no issues there.  And the Claymore was a favorite gun of krogans, who feature heavily in this game.

BTW, there's a bar in the Kandara slums where it's confirmed: Ryder has the same mad dance skills as Commander Shepard.
Well if Ryder gets on the Ryncol, s/he starts tripping balls and loosen up.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #57 on: 01 April 2017, 23:28:21 »
Anyone else notice how relatively weak biotics are in this game?  Warp and Reave got taken out (no surprise on the latter, really since it's a rare skill), and there are only two biotically capable party members (Peebee and Cora) and even they aren't purely biotic as they both have a tech power.

Also, is it just me or are merchants spectacularly useless in this game?  I'm buying mostly only raw materials and the occasional weapon mod- between the ability to craft your own equipment and the weak rate of power increase I'm just not finding it worthwhile to bother buying weapons or armor.

solmanian

• Captain
« Reply #58 on: 02 April 2017, 05:08:58 »
I had problems with biotics too, especially their apparent helplessness against shield and armor, but found a sulotion online. For biotic, if you're serious about using it you need singularity. It can prime shielded and armored enemies for combo - the only power in the game that can do that, making it a good one to have available. Biotic tree also controls your shield strength through barrier skill, which also allows you to regenerate shields through power use.

For merchants, their value is through unlocking weapons for research. Not all weapons are available for research from the start, buying a copy from a merchant unlocks them to R&D yourself, even if you just sell them back or deconstruct (a good way to get the rarer materials).

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #59 on: 02 April 2017, 11:09:52 »
I haven't had any problems with unlocking weapons for research just by collecting loot drops.

GhostBear

• Minister of Assimilation, TOG Empire
  • Captain
  • And....out.
    • One world at a time...
« Reply #60 on: 06 April 2017, 11:37:40 »
Also, is it just me or are merchants spectacularly useless in this game?  I'm buying mostly only raw materials and the occasional weapon mod- between the ability to craft your own equipment and the weak rate of power increase I'm just not finding it worthwhile to bother buying weapons or armor.

I think it's so that there are different avenues to acquiring weapons/equipment based on play style. I'm not big on crafting (I'll check once in a while and manage to gin up something solid like a Mattock with charged, guided plasma) because I don't have the patience. So off to the merchants I go....and that suits me just fine.
Eh.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #61 on: 06 April 2017, 12:11:18 »
Thing is, I'm finding that dropped weaponry is regular enough that I don't even have to worry about that.

BTW, what's everyone's favorite squad mates?  I like using Peebee with either Vetra of Drack.

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #62 on: 06 April 2017, 15:40:42 »
Thing is, I'm finding that dropped weaponry is regular enough that I don't even have to worry about that.

BTW, what's everyone's favorite squad mates?  I like using Peebee with either Vetra of Drack.

Peebee and Jaal. I have this thing about...It's Jaal's Galaxy, he often has insight about what's going on.

PS

Also, finally a decent review of ME Andromeda:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMWIuKBpsSc

Yes, I agree with almost everything he says...yes I've noticed funny things (squadmates always jumping on tables, etc), but I have not found the facial glitches everyone refered to. Myself, I would give the game a solid 4 out 5.

P.P.S

I think I am at 80+ hour into the game and according to save file...at around 53% done. What I LIKE in a game.
« Last Edit: 06 April 2017, 15:44:19 by NeonKnight »

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #63 on: 08 April 2017, 20:47:13 »
Want to see something super-hilarious?

Put the Agility Mod on the Nomad.  Go to Voeld.  Drive out on the ice.  Engage Agility Mode.  Make a hard turn and hold down the accelerator.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #64 on: 10 April 2017, 22:49:11 »
Well, I beat it.

The difficult of the final boss is inversely proportional to the number of Cobra missiles you're carrying.

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #65 on: 11 April 2017, 00:27:39 »
Well, I beat it.

The difficult of the final boss is inversely proportional to the number of Cobra missiles you're carrying.

Cool.

I'm 64% according to the meter, but I suspect closer than that, as I just need to pick up the Kett Transponsder thingy.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #66 on: 11 April 2017, 01:14:54 »
Actually, there's quite a bit that occurs after that.

Though for some reason I never actually got the movie night to occur.

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #67 on: 11 April 2017, 02:28:30 »
Actually, there's quite a bit that occurs after that.

Though for some reason I never actually got the movie night to occur.

Oh, that sucks....I've been doing everything, all side missions, etc. Only mission I have 'completed' but no cred for is the Improved Shield for NOMAD, which is a known BUG

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #68 on: 11 April 2017, 11:06:05 »
Yeah, I'm done with the game and like ME2 it allows you to keep playing after winning, though all I've got left are some side quests that are either bugged or ones that I don't feel like doing (search for item X in kett or outlaw camps on settled planets).

However, the game does allow you to start a new game plus and keep your level and equipment but fully customize Ryder again.  You can even switch which sibling you play as.

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #69 on: 11 April 2017, 14:21:51 »
Dan is a professional animator who has worked in both games and with Pixar, so his professional opinion counts for a lot. He went through a long discussion today in the Extra Credits "Extra Frames" series talking about the methods large RPGs use versus short narrative heavy games like Uncharted. He also goes into depth about how the Witcher 3 created their systems and why they essentially made a quality quantum leap beyond most other studios doing open world, open ended RPGs. Then he takes several speculative stabs at what may have gone wrong with Bioware's systems. Really worth watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qvvmVpS3AA
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #70 on: 11 April 2017, 15:33:47 »
Yeah, I'm done with the game and like ME2 it allows you to keep playing after winning, though all I've got left are some side quests that are either bugged or ones that I don't feel like doing (search for item X in kett or outlaw camps on settled planets).

However, the game does allow you to start a new game plus and keep your level and equipment but fully customize Ryder again.  You can even switch which sibling you play as.

No, those missions are not Bugged, they require you to travel the map and 'pop-in' on locations which then may randomly spawn the item you are looking for.

I.E. on Voeld, some of the Kett outposts/staging areas may randomly spawn:

Datapad with Info
Dead Angarans with info to scan
Volatile devices you need to destroy.

Sometimes it is at the site, sometimes not. Speed travel away and come back, and it may be there, speed travel away and come back and anew item for a different Task or the next item in the same task may be there, or maybe nothing.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #71 on: 11 April 2017, 21:46:13 »
No, those missions are not Bugged, they require you to travel the map and 'pop-in' on locations which then may randomly spawn the item you are looking for.

Yeah, I know those missions aren't bugged.  I'm saying that I didn't complete all of them so they're left in my Journal, and I've also got some other missions that are bugged.

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #72 on: 12 April 2017, 01:01:05 »
Found out another 'annoyance' today. Still loving the game, just some things are...really?!?!

NEXUS can only level up to 20 max, which then means you can only unlock 19 stasis pods...max.

But nowhere are you told this, which means I would have honestly made different choices with what PODS I opened earlier

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #73 on: 12 April 2017, 01:06:18 »
It's especially annoying considering how easy it is to max it out.  I hit the limit around 2/3rds of the way through.

Since the DLCs that we all know are coming will presumably add more Nexus points, it'd be nice if they increase the cap but I doubt it will happen.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #74 on: 07 May 2017, 22:36:11 »
I've been playing a bit of multiplayer lately.  Still fun, but damn, do not play against kett on Firebase Zero- wave six pretty much always ends with the whole party being killed by Adjutants and Fiends.

Reldn

• Lieutenant
« Reply #75 on: 08 May 2017, 23:10:39 »
I've sadly had to give up on the game completely for now. Finished up on Eos for the time being, headed back to the Nexus...Game freezes during the landing cutscene. I've tried the repair function, uninstalled and reinstalled, went back to earlier saves. No dice! It still freezes at the landing cutscene when trying to land on the Nexus. Every. Single. Time.

3rd Lyran Guards
2nd Oriente Hussars

solmanian

• Captain
« Reply #76 on: 09 May 2017, 02:05:21 »
I'm taking it slow, waiting for worthwhile DLCs, hopefully one that brings back the Typhoon...

Mecha82

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #77 on: 09 May 2017, 04:35:21 »
I've sadly had to give up on the game completely for now. Finished up on Eos for the time being, headed back to the Nexus...Game freezes during the landing cutscene. I've tried the repair function, uninstalled and reinstalled, went back to earlier saves. No dice! It still freezes at the landing cutscene when trying to land on the Nexus. Every. Single. Time.

Sad state of business is that (mostly western) companies like EA tend to release unfinished products with plenty of bugs these days rather than make sure that product is as good as possible and then sell DLC that some how is supposed to fix everything. And they get away from it because those products tend to be part of known franchise so that those sell pre-orders just with they names. So really i am happy that I didn't waste my money and time on ME Andromeda. After all there are far better games out there that most gamers might never play because they are not part of some well known franchise but deserve money and time of gamers all around the world.     

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #78 on: 09 May 2017, 14:09:45 »
If you don't like the game, that's one thing.  But seriously, people don't need to pat themselves on the back for being too hipster to play the mainstream game.

YingJanshi

• Major
« Reply #79 on: 09 May 2017, 17:57:44 »

Dude, that sucks, what are you playing on? PC or XBox One? (I've heard that the XBox version is incredibly buggy, but I play on PC.)

Sad state of business is that (mostly western) companies like EA tend to release unfinished products with plenty of bugs these days rather than make sure that product is as good as possible and then sell DLC that some how is supposed to fix everything. And they get away from it because those products tend to be part of known franchise so that those sell pre-orders just with they names. So really i am happy that I didn't waste my money and time on ME Andromeda. After all there are far better games out there that most gamers might never play because they are not part of some well known franchise but deserve money and time of gamers all around the world.     

I have to wonder though, how much of that is to marketing over-hype? Other than the buggy mess that is the XBox version, the number one complaint that I've heard is that it was "disappointing", "wasn't as good as expected", "thought it would be better". So I have to wonder, is it really that the game isn't that good, or is it that people had created too high of expectations pre-release? I enjoy the ME universe, but I'm not a die hard fan, so I didn't really come in with any expectations. And so far, I've enjoyed it. I won't say it's a groundbreaking game or anything, but it is enjoyable. Can't ask for much more from a game than that.

(All that said, I'm not going to sweep under the rug all the stuff EA and others do to screw over their customers (looking at you latest SimCity), but all us fans don't always smell like roses either.

Reldn

• Lieutenant
« Reply #80 on: 09 May 2017, 18:39:30 »
Dude, that sucks, what are you playing on? PC or XBox One? (I've heard that the XBox version is incredibly buggy, but I play on PC.)

Playing on PC. I noticed that the game had updated sometime recently, so, I may try it again tonight and see if that's fixed it for me.

3rd Lyran Guards
2nd Oriente Hussars

YingJanshi

• Major
« Reply #81 on: 09 May 2017, 19:51:53 »
Playing on PC. I noticed that the game had updated sometime recently, so, I may try it again tonight and see if that's fixed it for me.

I see. Hm, I don't know what to suggest then. Other than some minor graphical bugs I haven't had any problems with it at all (and I'm not using a very powerful rig). I know it's kind of asinine to ask, but are you sure everything on your system is up to date, drivers wise? (Only thing I can think of.  :-\) Hope that new update has fixed things for you...

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #82 on: 09 May 2017, 21:59:39 »
If you don't like the game, that's one thing.  But seriously, people don't need to pat themselves on the back for being too hipster to play the mainstream game.

It's not "being too hipster," he's right to not waste his money on over-hyped garbage. I already sold my copy. ME: Andromeda is not a good game. There is no excuse for how poor it turned out.

Alexander Knight

• Peditum Generalis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
  • O-R-E-O
« Reply #83 on: 09 May 2017, 22:37:33 »
No Quarians = no sale for me.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #84 on: 09 May 2017, 22:58:35 »
No Quarians = no sale for me.

They'll probably be the focus of the first DLC, based on both their popularity and the massive number of hints dropped in the game itself.

It's not "being too hipster," he's right to not waste his money on over-hyped garbage. I already sold my copy. ME: Andromeda is not a good game. There is no excuse for how poor it turned out.

Are there any video games that you actually do like?

Reldn

• Lieutenant
« Reply #85 on: 09 May 2017, 23:25:51 »
I see. Hm, I don't know what to suggest then. Other than some minor graphical bugs I haven't had any problems with it at all (and I'm not using a very powerful rig). I know it's kind of asinine to ask, but are you sure everything on your system is up to date, drivers wise? (Only thing I can think of.  :-\) Hope that new update has fixed things for you...

Yep, double checked all the drivers as well. Thankfully it seems that this latest patch has broken the curse and I was able to land on the Nexus and continue on with the game! Hopefully my luck holds out and I experience no more freezes/crashes.

...Now to just figure out which Cryo Pods to activate first...

3rd Lyran Guards
2nd Oriente Hussars

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #86 on: 10 May 2017, 00:22:56 »
Yep, double checked all the drivers as well. Thankfully it seems that this latest patch has broken the curse and I was able to land on the Nexus and continue on with the game! Hopefully my luck holds out and I experience no more freezes/crashes.

...Now to just figure out which Cryo Pods to activate first...

be careful, you can only activate a limited number of them.

solmanian

• Captain
« Reply #87 on: 10 May 2017, 06:27:37 »
For your first playthroughs, research should probably be the focus. At those levels, it's a literal arms race. I'd also recommend focusing on the ultra-rare items, since they have a significant advantage when crafting (more aug slots).

GhostBear

• Minister of Assimilation, TOG Empire
  • Captain
  • And....out.
    • One world at a time...
« Reply #88 on: 10 May 2017, 08:37:31 »
So I finished the main ending mission, and find myself at 90% completion. I only activated 19 Cryo Pods and after reviewing my remaining sidequests (mostly on Eos: finding drones, dropping hammers, setting beacons), I think I'm finished with my first runthrough.

Thing is, I want to do the rumored re-runthru with my other Ryder, with skills intact? But I a.) don't know if that's just a rumor or fact, and b.) if true, how to make that happen. Do I need 100% completion for that?

I came in with no expectations, since I only ever played ME1 and peripherally noted the other games. I wasn't disappointed; it was a fine game, somewhat engaging story (though that final boss fight was anticlimactic...though all the unified forces got together to lay down smack in the background was cool), and enough to make me pour in about 85 hours of playtime. So while I "get" the hate, I also shake my head because as all true fandom is, the hate escalates when built-up expectations aren't met.

Was it buggy? Yeah. But the animation patch did make the conversation scenes better. Was it a bit reality-stretchy? Yep. I still found myself distracted with the thought that even beings in another galaxy speak English and are bipedal with human features....just like the rest of the ME universe. But as enjoyable sci-fi snacking fare? Just fine. It served the purpose I wanted - something light and fluffy to enjoy as a distraction from crushing work deadlines.

I would like to do another run through, using the more '******' replies, just because. But I also realize I've neglected Overwatch for 6 weeks now, and I can hear the siren song of Pharah's jetpack calling my name....
Eh.

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #89 on: 10 May 2017, 09:30:11 »
So I finished the main ending mission, and find myself at 90% completion. I only activated 19 Cryo Pods and after reviewing my remaining sidequests (mostly on Eos: finding drones, dropping hammers, setting beacons), I think I'm finished with my first runthrough.

Thing is, I want to do the rumored re-runthru with my other Ryder, with skills intact? But I a.) don't know if that's just a rumor or fact, and b.) if true, how to make that happen. Do I need 100% completion for that?

I came in with no expectations, since I only ever played ME1 and peripherally noted the other games. I wasn't disappointed; it was a fine game, somewhat engaging story (though that final boss fight was anticlimactic...though all the unified forces got together to lay down smack in the background was cool), and enough to make me pour in about 85 hours of playtime. So while I "get" the hate, I also shake my head because as all true fandom is, the hate escalates when built-up expectations aren't met.

Was it buggy? Yeah. But the animation patch did make the conversation scenes better. Was it a bit reality-stretchy? Yep. I still found myself distracted with the thought that even beings in another galaxy speak English and are bipedal with human features....just like the rest of the ME universe. But as enjoyable sci-fi snacking fare? Just fine. It served the purpose I wanted - something light and fluffy to enjoy as a distraction from crushing work deadlines.

I would like to do another run through, using the more '******' replies, just because. But I also realize I've neglected Overwatch for 6 weeks now, and I can hear the siren song of Pharah's jetpack calling my name....

Actually, no they don't speak english. They speak their own language, but your omni-tool provides translation. (when you first meet the Kett, you cannot understand what they are saying)

As to all races being bi-pedal...The Elcor and Hannaar are not, and current theories on exo-alien morphology points that biology may actually favour that sort of shape due to conservation of energies, etc.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #90 on: 10 May 2017, 10:10:58 »

Nope, all you need to do is start a new game plus: keep the skills, the research, and the equipment, but change your appearance or even which sibling you want to play.

Weirdo

• Painter of Borth the Magic Puma
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major General
  • We can do it. We have to.
    • Christina Dickinson Writes
« Reply #91 on: 10 May 2017, 10:34:14 »
Way too cute. Also, Krogan parenting is the best battering ram.
My wife writes books
"Thanks to Megamek, I can finally play BattleTech the way it was meant to be played--pantsless!"   -Neko Bijin
"...finally, giant space panties don't seem so strange." - Whistler
"Damn you, Weirdo... Damn you for being right!" - Paul
"...I was this many years old when I found out that licking a touchscreen in excitement is a bad idea." - JadeHellbringer
"We are the tribal elders. Weirdo is the mushroom specialist." - Worktroll

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #92 on: 10 May 2017, 23:55:06 »
A big patch got released today.  Patch notes say a lot of bug fixes, a bunch of tweaks to various powers (mostly of the "lets make this actually worth using" sort), some new weapons and a new character for multiplayer, a bonus multiplayer pack for people who bought the Deluxe and Super Deluxe editions, ooh, maximum Nexus level is now 29!

http://blog.bioware.com/2017/05/09/mass-effect-andromeda-patch-1-06-notes/

solmanian

• Captain
« Reply #93 on: 11 May 2017, 01:54:54 »
EA announced they're putting the franchise on ice. Bioware's new IP also been delayed. Those Montreal folks really screwed things for everyone... Though considering the new IP was rumored to be a culmination of all the worst things we saw in the last Bioware games that part might be a blessing in disguise.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #94 on: 11 May 2017, 02:42:10 »
Where did you see that?

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #96 on: 11 May 2017, 11:39:49 »
EA announced they're putting the franchise on ice. Bioware's new IP also been delayed. Those Montreal folks really screwed things for everyone... Though considering the new IP was rumored to be a culmination of all the worst things we saw in the last Bioware games that part might be a blessing in disguise.

That's half the story though. The other half is that the people are moving over to SW Battlefront 2 as part of a company wide push for online managed games (think: Destiny) as that's where more money is to be had. It's analogous to the MMO gold rush.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #98 on: 11 May 2017, 14:22:35 »
The articles make things sound a bit less dire than solmanian's original statement.

it does doesn't it.

Not a "We are gonna kill ME", but a, OK ME:A is out, let's focus on this IP (SW Battlefront 2) and then look at the workload then.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #99 on: 11 May 2017, 17:00:12 »
Also the emphasis that the employees are being sent to other Bioware branches, not being laid off.

solmanian

• Captain
« Reply #100 on: 12 May 2017, 02:47:41 »
The articles make things sound a bit less dire than solmanian's original statement.
Hey, I was simply quoting the statements... There are YouTube articles of people claiming that Bioware is dead, those are premature. But yeah, I believe Bioware Montreal is pretty much dead. You may think it's nice that most people that were downsized were merely transferred, but it's irrelevant. This is thread is about ME:A, and it looks like EA is writing it off, maybe even the franchise; this will directly affect the scale and quality of DLCs, expansions and sequels, if there even will be ones. That pretty damn alarming to me, as a Mass Effect fan.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #101 on: 12 May 2017, 14:56:12 »
No, it looks like the company is putting the franchise on hold.  Mass Effect is not dead.  We may not get any DLC expansions for Andromeda, or they may just be delayed.  But there's nothing to indicate that the series is being killed the way your original statement implied.

solmanian

• Captain
« Reply #102 on: 13 May 2017, 04:29:11 »
No, it looks like the company is putting the franchise on hold.  Mass Effect is not dead.  We may not get any DLC expansions for Andromeda, or they may just be delayed.  But there's nothing to indicate that the series is being killed the way your original statement implied.
It really didn't. I said put on ice, which was the term used by officials. Besides, if battletech taught us anything, a franchise won't truly die unless as long as the fans believe in it. And the Bioware/Mass Effect bunch fans might toxic and impossible to please, but they're passionate.

YingJanshi

• Major
« Reply #103 on: 21 May 2017, 19:14:17 »
I don't remember if I've asked this before or not...

But has anyone figured out which of the Tempest crew is a fan of "Plants vs. Zombies"? :D