Author Topic: Scenario suggestions: Blood Spirits to the “ rescue?”  (Read 1856 times)

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
Greetings all,

I have had a scenario idea rolling in my head for some time and would like suggestions and advice on how to run it:

In this timeline The Bloodspirits DO NOT interfere in the Burrock Absorption but instead choose the Jaguar Annihilation as the moment to come out of hiding to make a big play. So when Ilkhan Osis asks for help the Blood Spirits sortie their fleet which as of that time was:

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Naval_Reserve_(Clan_Blood_Spirit)

to help crush Task Force Serpent in Orbit over Huntress and then on the surface. I am hoping to run a three way battle scenario where the Spirits arrive in time to intervene in the 2nd Naval Battle of Huntress ( when the Jag enforcements from the  OZ come back) and fight the Serpent Fleet.

The task force serpent fleet was:

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Task_Force_Serpent#Fleet

Now in this scenario the Spirits would aim to capture some of the IS assets such as the Cameron through Boarding actions and perhaps the new combine warship and destroy the rest. I am toying with the idea of having the Clan Naval commanders not actually work together ( in typical clan fashion) but not fight one another. The Spirits aim will be to claim all the Jags assets in a defector Absorption. 

So to recap I am hoping to design a three way space battle with one or maybe two boarding actions designed for three players.

Recognizing that the Serpent fleet would not leave its ground pounders stranded what should their objectives be?

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
Re: Scenario suggestions: Blood Spirits to the “ rescue?”
« Reply #1 on: 15 March 2017, 11:05:33 »
Has any one played a boarding action? If so how was the experience?

snewsom2997

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 15 March 2017, 11:22:11 »
Boarding Actions, lend themselves more to the RPG rules than the mini rules.

In which case it basically becomes a game of Space Hulk, without genestealers.

If I remember correctly the boarding actions rules for mini games, are more like missile to hit tables, based on point defense, attackers and defenders, but I haven't looked at those rules in a very long time, with extraordinarily high rates of failure.

HobbesHurlbut

• Captain
  • Live Free or Die Hard
« Reply #3 on: 15 March 2017, 11:56:09 »
Boarding Actions, lend themselves more to the RPG rules than the mini rules.

In which case it basically becomes a game of Space Hulk, without genestealers.

If I remember correctly the boarding actions rules for mini games, are more like missile to hit tables, based on point defense, attackers and defenders, but I haven't looked at those rules in a very long time, with extraordinarily high rates of failure.
Has to be either by surprise when the target isn't in combat ready condition or the target is disabled...and by BT standards that can mean a lot of damage....
Clan Blood Spirit - So Bad Ass as to require Orbital Bombardments to wipe us out....it is the only way to be sure!

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: 15 March 2017, 12:32:47 »
Thank you!

Hurlbut - I support your avatar on a multitude of levels!

So what I am hoping to create is a scenario where the Blood Spirit Naval Reserve jumps in and attacks the Task Force Serpent fleet with an eye towards capturing the Cameron class warship. Remember the spirts navy is small but fierce! So they need to capture whatever they can.
So the Spirits would need to disable the Cameron and then send in boarding parties of elementals and or infantry?
Now I am curious how the Jags would react to an intruder to their fight ( very poorly I would imagine) BUT if the Spirits broadcast general message that they are there to assist the Jags in cleansing the IS barbarians from their homeworld would the Jags:

Stand aside?

Join in?

Fight against the Spirits? 

As my campaign progresses - one of my main goals would be to link up with SaKhan Brandon Howell who is by all accounts a reasonable guy  and get him to sway the Jags towards working with the Spirits.

I recognize this is an out there scenario but hey that is why its appealing!

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
« Reply #5 on: 16 March 2017, 10:48:44 »
Well, if they broadcast that they are there to help the Jaguars, the Jaguars would probably accept their help. This would be problematic later when it is revealed that the Blood Spirits were lying and abandoned their most dear principals.

If they declare they are there to take the Jaguar's stuff then the Jaguars would fight them, though they might be convinced to have a trial to settle it quickly and then join sides afterwards should the Spirits win.
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: 18 March 2017, 21:56:00 »
The spirits will be rolling in with a black lion, york and mckenna ( what I hope their old flag ship was)

I need enough drop and asf fighter support to defeat the serpent fleet and maintain air superioty over huntress.

What drop and asf mix do you recommend?

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: 24 March 2017, 14:20:14 »
To clarify I need Ship killing power and enough left over to fly missions over huntress in support of ground troops