Author Topic: I am still using megamek 0.41.1 and cannot load specialty ammunition on <3050  (Read 979 times)

Demon55

• Captain
  • Planning wisely.
As stated above I cannot load specialty munitions on units that are pre-3050.  I can on my 3050+ timeline units though.

In game options I have Allowed advanced/experimental/unofficial ammunition types set to on.  So I do not know why I cannot change my ammunition types on the older units.

What settings do I need  and to what?

JenniferinaMAD

• Warrant Officer
In megamek, there used to be an option called 'Limit ammo types by year'. I can't quite remember which tab it is in, and I don't know if it still exists.

That option will use the introduction year of the each unit to determine what ammo it can carry, even if the presence of another unit clearly defines the battle as being set later. If you leave it on, no Narc ammo on your 3025 vintage missile boats, even if you have a 3050 Raven with a beacon launcher in the force, for example.

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
You are using a version that is 18 months old, their have been literally 100's of fixes but into MM, including numerous ones around ammunition use and when things are available.

Please update to a more current version and test the issue again.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

Demon55

• Captain
  • Planning wisely.
You are using a version that is 18 months old, their have been literally 100's of fixes but into MM, including numerous ones around ammunition use and when things are available.

Please update to a more current version and test the issue again.

I did a few days ago thanks!