Author Topic: 'Mechs with Tracks?  (Read 2773 times)

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
'Mechs with Tracks?
« on: 09 May 2017, 11:57:06 »
So, playing 0.42.1 yesterday, and had a Diomede in the field, testing it for a MotW I'm working on, and my poor Diomede took two gyro crits. I said to myself, "Self, this is the perfect opportunity to switch to its tracks and test that whole thing!"

Technical difficulty: I couldn't figure out how. Heck, I couldn't figure out how on a healthy Diomede. There didn't seem to be an option under movement, or on equipment. Is this feature unavailable on 0.42.1, and is there a version of MM/MekHQ that supports it?
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

elf25s

• Major
Re: 'Mechs with Tracks?
« Reply #1 on: 09 May 2017, 18:49:37 »
funny that you mentioned this type of mech
i came across one 100 variant in one of the old battletech magz and it had tom tom guns on it and was track based forgot the name of it tho
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #2 on: 09 May 2017, 20:26:55 »
This old thing?

The Huntress, see here: http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Huntress_(BattleMech)
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
« Reply #3 on: 09 May 2017, 21:18:56 »
So, playing 0.42.1 yesterday, and had a Diomede in the field, testing it for a MotW I'm working on, and my poor Diomede took two gyro crits. I said to myself, "Self, this is the perfect opportunity to switch to its tracks and test that whole thing!"

Technical difficulty: I couldn't figure out how. Heck, I couldn't figure out how on a healthy Diomede. There didn't seem to be an option under movement, or on equipment. Is this feature unavailable on 0.42.1, and is there a version of MM/MekHQ that supports it?

Not supported at this time.  Some conversations about implementing it but nothing definite.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
« Reply #4 on: 09 May 2017, 21:20:01 »
Should be able to build a legal version of that now.
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

elf25s

• Major
« Reply #5 on: 10 May 2017, 15:59:10 »
This old thing?

The Huntress, see here: http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Huntress_(BattleMech)
yah thats the monster....LOL
you sure cannot out run death...but sure as hell you can make that bastard work for it!