Author Topic: Fallout Minis  (Read 10923 times)

Alexander Knight

• Peditum Generalis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
  • O-R-E-O
Re: Fallout Minis
« Reply #30 on: 26 May 2017, 22:31:43 »
Craftable Vault 81 Cure - it's really, REALLY annoying that in order to be 'good' you have to sacrifice 10 HP when going through Vault 81. This fixes that.

Technically, you just have to be willing to save scum, go in alone, and pack a full-auto weapon to avoid loosing those 10 HP.  :D

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #31 on: 27 May 2017, 00:04:07 »
Spray 'n Pray is fantastic for that mission: the explosive property takes down groups of mole rats with ease, and since it's a silenced weapon it doesn't usually alert rats that aren't close by.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #32 on: 28 May 2017, 15:56:38 »
Spray 'n Pray is fantastic for that mission: the explosive property takes down groups of mole rats with ease, and since it's a silenced weapon it doesn't usually alert rats that aren't close by.

Mines help a ton too- obviously when they burrow and pop up they go right under the mines, but if you can find areas that are steel flooring (staircases for example) the rats can't come up through that- which means they have to come up nearby and rush at you. Planting a few mines at the edge of the dirt areas means they pop up right into a high-explosive greeting.

Also, power armor is important- if you have power armor on, the first bite won't have the poisoning effect, only the second one. So while it's not foolproof, it DOES give you one mulligan at least. (Stealth Boy armor helps too, keeps the number of rats aware of your presence to a minimum).

That mission is a bitch- on this second playthrough I've actively been avoiding it just because it's such a beast. But... I hit level 81 earlier today, so it's probably time to suck it up and get started. Times like this, I miss Moira's glowing stick from Megaton...
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #33 on: 28 May 2017, 18:29:41 »
As I understand it, you'll catch the disease from your companions getting bit too.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #34 on: 28 May 2017, 19:50:55 »
As I understand it, you'll catch the disease from your companions getting bit too.

That is true- might be wise to leave them at home. (Not sure if the power armor trick works on them or not- if so, Danse obviously would be the guy to bring along, but more likely it would be wise to just solo this one... which I am later this evening. Oi...)

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #35 on: 28 May 2017, 21:35:37 »

Even the robot?

(don't actually play with companions much).
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #36 on: 28 May 2017, 22:08:45 »
Even the robot?

(don't actually play with companions much).

Yes, even if you bring Codsworth or an Automatron companion.  As will Dogmeat.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

Alexander Knight

• Peditum Generalis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
  • O-R-E-O
« Reply #37 on: 28 May 2017, 22:35:02 »
That mission is a bitch- on this second playthrough I've actively been avoiding it just because it's such a beast. But... I hit level 81 earlier today, so it's probably time to suck it up and get started. Times like this, I miss Moira's glowing stick from Megaton...

If you have the unofficial FO4 patch mod, the mole ratty stick is in the junkyard between Tenpines and the Corvega plant

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #38 on: 28 May 2017, 22:45:43 »
This thread reminds me that I need to look for a mod so I can actually build on the other half of Home plate.
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #39 on: 11 June 2017, 05:38:23 »
This thread reminds me that this is supposed to be about the forthcoming miniatures game, not the video games.

That said, Modiphus has released some more info on their new game. The two-player starter will include Super Mutants and survivors. The latter will include the Sole Survivor, Preston Garvey, Dogmeat, and some others. It'll include both PvP and solo (!) rules. Next year there will be a Campaign expansion covering bases and other advanced rules.

One of the very interesting things I've seen is that the Fallout: Wasteland Warfare game's miniatures will be the same scale as the upcoming Star Trek Adventures pieces. It looks like Modiphus is gunning to be a Big Deal in the gaming industry.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #40 on: 11 June 2017, 06:18:02 »
Board Game from the video game. I wonder how long that will last. I remember when Doom tried it.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #41 on: 11 June 2017, 08:11:39 »
Board Game from the video game. I wonder how long that will last. I remember when Doom tried it.

It's definitely a concept that has had a mixed success rate, at best. Halo has tried a few times, and while the miniatures have always looked fantastic... the games generally have been crap. I have optimism here for the Fallout game, for sure (and if all else fails I'll be happy to at least have them on my shelf), but if the game sucks it won't be for lack of prior history of this kind of thing happening.

+Crow T. Robot+

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #42 on: 11 June 2017, 08:40:40 »
The last doom game got a 7.9/10 on BBG.  I'll take that from the fallout game.

I really want to start seeing more minis and less renderings.  Game play will be critical for the game's long term success, but some fine minis can give it a great early sales boost.  You get those people that really wanted to get some Fallout minis and they start thinking, "well I've got all this stuff, maybe I should try the game."   Pretty much what I'm planning on.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #43 on: 11 June 2017, 23:09:47 »
Me, I want a Mini of the Midwest Brotherhood Power Armour from Fo:Tactics. Hey, a man can dream
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #44 on: 22 December 2017, 18:36:00 »
I just spent about a half hour staring at the preorders page. I keep looking at those two large bundles. If these minis are as good as their renders, I know I'm going to eventually buy all these. I'll save money getting a bundle, but I can't decide if I want to drop that much cash in one go. >.<

I really want to see some actual minis.  I'm tired of renders.  They posted a video of some painted minis on youtube, but everything from the paint jobs to the videography are very amateurish.

iamfanboy

• Captain
« Reply #45 on: 23 December 2017, 15:57:02 »
I just spent about a half hour staring at the preorders page. I keep looking at those two large bundles. If these minis are as good as their renders, I know I'm going to eventually buy all these. I'll save money getting a bundle, but I can't decide if I want to drop that much cash in one go. >.<

I really want to see some actual minis.  I'm tired of renders.  They posted a video of some painted minis on youtube, but everything from the paint jobs to the videography are very amateurish.
And honestly the chances of a sudden collapse in the company taking your preorder money and leaving you with nothing is altogether too high.

It's like the Shadowrun Sprawl Gangers game - the renders looked AWESOME, but it's been vaporware for how many years now? At least two or three.

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
« Reply #46 on: 27 December 2017, 21:53:18 »
It's like the Shadowrun Sprawl Gangers game - the renders looked AWESOME, but it's been vaporware for how many years now? At least two or three.

Is that what the plastic SR minis they had at Gen Con a few years back were for?  I'm not into SR, so I didn't bother asking about them, but they looked pretty good.
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #47 on: 27 December 2017, 22:04:57 »
And honestly the chances of a sudden collapse in the company taking your preorder money and leaving you with nothing is altogether too high.

They're a fairly established company with other games under their hat, so i'm not too worried about that.

Is that what the plastic SR minis they had at Gen Con a few years back were for?  I'm not into SR, so I didn't bother asking about them, but they looked pretty good.

Yeah.  Those were 3d printed minis and the last we ever officially heard about the game.

Orin J.

• Captain
  • I am to feared! Aw, come on guys...
« Reply #48 on: 28 December 2017, 00:28:12 »

really i wonder how many of the people putting funds aside for this aren't just doing it for the minis- which reminds me, when do we see the final production quality? i've seen a few "problem children" that ended up coming out a lot worse in real life than their online images suggested.
The Grey Death Legion? Dead? Gotcha, wake me when it's back.....
--------------------------
Every once in a while things make sense.

Don't let these moments alarm you. They pass.

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #49 on: 05 May 2018, 08:41:59 »
Dev blog #12 finally shows us some [preproduction factory sample] minis!  https://www.modiphius.com/development-blog.html

The mini on the right is the standard plastic you'll find in the box while the left is the resin minis you can order instead(only the base set minis).

If this is how good the final production run looks, I'll be happy.  I'm glad I didn't spring for the resin.  The plastics don't look that different and have less visible gaps.  Not crazy about the green, but some primer and maybe even some paint will take care of that. 

I've got the starter, red rocket, extra dice and two sets of caps headed my way.   

Orin J.

• Captain
  • I am to feared! Aw, come on guys...
« Reply #50 on: 07 May 2018, 00:16:47 »
Those do look nice- y'know what's the point of resin over plastic here anyways? The only thing i know about resin models is i've had terrible luck with ordering any that don't arrive decomposed.
The Grey Death Legion? Dead? Gotcha, wake me when it's back.....
--------------------------
Every once in a while things make sense.

Don't let these moments alarm you. They pass.

iamfanboy

• Captain
« Reply #51 on: 07 May 2018, 22:27:07 »
Those do look nice- y'know what's the point of resin over plastic here anyways? The only thing i know about resin models is i've had terrible luck with ordering any that don't arrive decomposed.
I think the THEORY is that they hold fine detail better, but unless you're one of those people who paints the tiny masterworks for a living it doesn't much matter.

And man, they're putting Horrigan in the game? I hadn't thought they'd dip into the other games. That could be... awesome.

And I already wanted the game.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #52 on: 07 May 2018, 23:38:21 »
Yeah, Frank Horrigan surprised the heck out of me.  What other NPCs do you think we'll see?

Marcus?

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
« Reply #53 on: 07 May 2018, 23:48:45 »
I hope these are out for Gencon this year!!

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #54 on: 08 May 2018, 07:19:21 »
Yeah, Frank Horrigan surprised the heck out of me.  What other NPCs do you think we'll see?

Marcus?

Harold or we riot.

+Crow T. Robot+

iamfanboy

• Captain
« Reply #55 on: 08 May 2018, 08:59:39 »
Harold or we riot.
Huh. I was about to protest the idea with, "But if we get a young Harold, no Bob, and he wasn't much of a fighter or wanderer!" Then I checked. Funny enough, in canon he wandered the wasteland after the events of Fallout 1 until just a few years before Fallout 2, and Bob had started to grow then.

Maybe he could be a support piece?

I kinda want Veronica from FNV. And Christine. So I can play them together and have the couple reunited. Oh, and a mini of a bald woman would be pretty awesome.

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #56 on: 08 May 2018, 09:12:44 »
Actually if we're going Vegas I want some cazadores.

+Crow T. Robot+

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #57 on: 08 May 2018, 11:26:22 »
Just so long as they don't include Benny's suit.

JadeHellbringer

• Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #58 on: 08 May 2018, 13:24:26 »
Just so long as they don't include Benny's suit.

...yeeeah, I think Benny might wear his more formal black-tie engagement attire if that ever happens. I'm not painting that god-awful thing.

...actually I want Hellfire armor, now that I think about all-black suits.

+Crow T. Robot+

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #59 on: 08 May 2018, 17:01:08 »
The developer did say they'd be hitting the full range of fallout games(well, maybe not Shelter).  They're just focusing on 4 for right now.  I imagine lot of potential customers would have been turned off if they hadn't.  "Who the hell is Tandi and why does dogmeat look like a wolf!?"

I still remember reading some time ago someone complaining that when they installed fallout the camera was always top down from an odd angle and that the combat wasn't real time.   
:wheelchair:

The resin used for minis isn't the same resin that you often see in small terrain pieces like what armorcast makes. It supposedly handles way more detail.  It's also more of a pain to work with.   It's better for display pieces that stay under glass.  As I understand, while a plastic model can usually survived a fall from the game table with little more than chipped paint, a resin model will likely need some glue before it's ready to game again.

Register