Author Topic: Fun Facts about Manufacturers  (Read 1176 times)

ajcbm

• Sergeant
Fun Facts about Manufacturers
« on: 16 May 2017, 21:50:13 »
I was reading up on the Huron Warrior in the Fan Articles below and saw the common mistake people make on it. I thought it would be funny to write about the oddball Manufacturers in the Inner Sphere.

1. Hollis Incorporated
A company that lost its main factory on Corey during the SWs. It mainly made Catapult spare parts  from several minor plants on several planets ever since. What is cute about them is that they can still manufactured Catapults, BattleMasters, Highlanders and, by 3051, Huron Warriors from these minor plants. Specifically, each minor plant made a "part" of a mech and these parts are assembled in a separate location. Kinda like how Theodore Kurita attacked Quentin in the 4SW. Ofcourse, things changed in 3057 when the CC took Corey and all the minor plants relocated there post-haste.

2. Curtiss Militech/Hydroponics
Maker of the Wraith, Eagle and Yeoman. Originally a water delivery company. Main business is the mining and towing of ice in space to planets without it. Went into Military production in what is undoubtedly the most successful startup in history. It all went kaboom when Regulus glassed Paradise, however. Now they are back to making water again.

Anybody else have funny companies they want to share? 

pensiveswetness

• Lieutenant
  • Delete this account, please?
Re: Fun Facts about Manufacturers
« Reply #1 on: 17 May 2017, 00:30:21 »
I'm sure this question has been asked in a different thread but Dark Age & beyond, those 3 'mechs are effectively endangered/extinct?

*looks at Mad Cap's OR 3067* Oh dear... *shrug* thought the Yeoman looked uber silly anyway.
« Last Edit: 17 May 2017, 00:34:02 by pensiveswetness »

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
Re: Fun Facts about Manufacturers
« Reply #2 on: 17 May 2017, 02:23:53 »
well per FM:3085 the Wraith at least got sold to a capellan company (Hellespont Industrials on Sian) and is now made by them.
a Former-FWL splinter state, the Duchy of Tamarind-Abbey, was apparently trying to get the Eagle and Yeoman in 3085. not sure what company might have ended up with them if they got them.

so i would assume the Wraith is around and going strong, though sales outside the Confederation would likely have gone down.

as for the Eagle and Yeoman.. well the MUL has the -1L Eagle available to the Capcon, most of the former FWL, the magistracy, the marians, and mercenaries in the dark age.. though how much of that is just remnants of the Curtiss production runes is inknown. but it seems likely that it is still around and being built. the more advanced -3L model is just the Duchy of Tamarind-abbey and the Marik-Stewart combine, so i'm guessing the Duchy got the plans and put it into at least some production.

the Yeoman's MUL data has a similar story.. the YMN-10-OR inthe dark ages is available to the former FWL states, Mercenaries, and the Republic. the -6Y version is the same listing, plus the Marians. so i'm guessing that the Duchy probably got it too.

of course, MUL data is subject to revision should a future product come out with more info.

Register